Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Bellator is becoming such a hosed up promotion. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
I didn't even know Koscheck was cut

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I think it was less they cut him and more they just didn't resign him

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Just watched the Bellator,
- the Kato knockout was pretty great.
- hahahhah wtf Rickels?
- Kongo's in pretty great shape for a heavyweight in his 40s.

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
Koscheck could've also chosen to sign with bellator over th UFC as he is part owner of dethrone royalty and sees Bellator as a way to get his brand over since the Reebok deal went through.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
KOS and Phil Davis and a few other recent Bellator fighters all have the same management.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Also AKA has been in bed with Coker forever and Kos would get favorable matchmaking.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

1st AD posted:

Also AKA has been in bed with Coker forever and Kos would get favorable matchmaking.

Koscheck had a nasty split with AKA so that may not be a guarantee. I just hope that Bellator promised him some analyst time like the UFC have him once.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

I guess you missed the Koscheck quote where he said he hopes AKA burns to the ground

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Hahaha what? How/when did that happen?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

1st AD posted:

Hahaha what? How/when did that happen?

Josh Koscheck: 'I'm leaving American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) because of Javier Mendez

As feud with AKA's Javier Mendez lingers, Josh Koscheck eyes return at UFC 155

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gimpsuitjones posted:

I didn't even know Koscheck was cut

I don't think he was. His contract expired IIRC

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm out and about, Nick Oszipiziac (sp?) is fighting tonight on some promotion begging with an M. Anyone know if it's streaming anywhere?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Some B-league history

https://twitter.com/Roxyfighter/status/614911281884176384

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'm pretty sure I was at that show, and I think Modaferi/D'Auguste is the only fight on that poster that actually happened. Practically the entire card got injured like a month beforehand.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

That picture of Luke Cummo is haunting

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

willie_dee posted:

I'm out and about, Nick Oszipiziac (sp?) is fighting tonight on some promotion begging with an M. Anyone know if it's streaming anywhere?

It was called Mactu and it was in Milton Keynes, he won in 2 minutes. I pick winners.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

steroids.jpg

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Glad to see Popeye and Bluto getting along.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Mr. Nice! posted:

hahaha

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Moat Fights (Ganryujima) are apparently back for a second show on July 18th. Didn't see any announcements on english-language sites so have this hastily autotranslated from Japanese card I found:

quote:

medium weight class (70kg or less) tournament players ·
JZ Calvin (Brazil) ,
Kazuhisa Watanabe (Japan)
-TOSHI (Japan) ,
Vitali, Klatt (Russia )
Son Yadon (China)
Chong Chang Hyun (Korea)
* four tournament and reserve Fight 1 game ●

Super Fight: Kiyoshi Tamura (U-FILE CAMP) VS Muraddo-Boujidi (Tunisia / kick boxing)
Brian Douwes( Netherlands / kick boxing) VS Mighty Mo (US / kick boxing)
Ikuhisa Minowa (free) VS Ludwig-Heikuru (Czech Republic / Czech Judo Championship)
UmiHo (free / sumo original sub-junior champion) VS Jimmy Ambritz (US / MMA)
● Squad Player Oka Noriyuki (wrestling) Nakajima aspirations (sumo) Kojima Katsushi (underground martial arts)

Saddened by the lack of kung fu and tai chi this time around.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Holy poo poo, Jimmy Ambriz? I thought he retired.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

It's probably a good payday considering you get paired against a sumo wrestler in a fight where your main purpose is to look big and American.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Amazing

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Of course roxy hangs out in her parent's basement

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Bushmeister posted:

Moat Fights (Ganryujima) are apparently back for a second show on July 18th. Didn't see any announcements on english-language sites so have this hastily autotranslated from Japanese card I found:

Excellent. I'll try to track this down and stream it. Also,

quote:

JZ Calvin

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bushmeister posted:

Just so you can all do your scouting reports for this most important event:

TOSHI is this guy from Mach's gym, and he's never trained a good fighter: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Toshikatsu-Harada-15584

Vitali Krat is a sambo guy with a decent MMA record: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitali-Krat-80358

Lord knows why this Korean was invited to the number one organisation in sports: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chan-Hyun-Jun-111295

The Chinese guy is only 19 years old

Minowa is fighting Radek Hecl, who is a big, heavyweight judo guy

Mourad Bouzidi kinda sucks but Tamura is like 50

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I checked Ganryukajima on twitter, they posted a link to a new article on their page and this was the first image.

Apparently they had some minor taped event on the 27th. I wish I had a reliable way to track these down. Emailing them got me nowhere.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 30, 2015

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Cage Warriors is making a comeback

http://tinyurl.com/qzqgwtb

quote:

"It's good for the sport if Cage Warriors gets back in full swing, which I'm pretty confident it will very soon, so these guys will have somewhere to go and so the bigger shows a year from now have the future Conor McGregors and future Joannas [Jedrzejczyk] and future Joe Duffys and Nicolas Dalbys and Tom Breeses because where are they going to come from, how are they going to develop if there's no shows if after only five, six months of Cage Warriors sitting on the shelf?," he asked.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I thought they had a new CEO or something but I guess they just rehired their old one? Weird

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

TheCool69 posted:

Cage Warriors is making a comeback

http://tinyurl.com/qzqgwtb

Conor and Joanna and Joe Duffy

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

lmao

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/6/8900271/bellator-alexander-shlemenko-ped-scandal-governmet-f-america-mma-news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TnVhdssorw

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
"They start to put their miserable sanction on our Russian sportsmen? Well, gently caress them Americans! We Russians don't leave our people in War."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/vtj-announces-september-return/

vale tudo japan are returning, to disney land

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:sigh:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Most stylish nutshot ever?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005