Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the patch worked well for me - on a 970 it's a bit better than unpatched with the .ini tweaks (which worked well for me). I don't really notice the rain any more but the AO is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Kin posted:

So, i feel dumb but how do i get the riddler trophy in Pandessa Studios where the switch is only active when you're not looking at it but you can see it in the reflection of the mirror.

You can go through a vent that takes Batman out of the room. Then with Bats no longer in the room, throw the remote Batarang at it. Also, you should know that you and ImpAtom white knighting everything and anything that someone might find issue with the game has gotten old. A LOT of people have voiced displeasure with the Batmobile. Just because you and 5 other goons liked it doesn't mean it's perfect and anyone who doesn't like it is just poo poo.

Combat is alright, but I feel like they added maybe one too many enemy types. It's to the point where if a thug has anything I just spam special takedowns on them. Big guys, big guys with electro fists, whatever. Because otherwise it starts to be a clusterfuck. Usually Batman has good tracking and like, if you do a takedown, he'll home in on the biggest threats. But not always. I've definitely done Dual Takedowns with Nightwing on the standard mook standing right next to a big guy. Speaking of, the DLC better include a lot more of that. The fact that you can't replay Dual Predator without replaying the entire story is CRIMINAL. To the point where I'd take an entire Arkham game where you always have Robin (maybe back when Dick or Jason were Robin) in dual play.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That checkpoint with two heavies, two shields, two stun batons, two rifles and two medics made me want to throw my loving controller through the window. :argh:

Oddly I had absolutely no issue with the one(s) that were all rifles and turrets despite not being able to get the Batmobile in range.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

That checkpoint with two heavies, two shields, two stun batons, two rifles and two medics made me want to throw my loving controller through the window. :argh:

Oddly I had absolutely no issue with the one(s) that were all rifles and turrets despite not being able to get the Batmobile in range.

The one by the bridge? How? Every time I go over the checkpoint walls I get nailed by the turrets.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

the patch worked well for me - on a 970 it's a bit better than unpatched with the .ini tweaks (which worked well for me). I don't really notice the rain any more but the AO is nice.

I think the patch worked really well. My textures seem to load with a lot less pop in (it still happens but resolved quickly) and it seemed to add the missing rain texture on the suit and batmobile. The enhanced rain still looks good. I have AA off still though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bugblatter posted:

The one by the bridge? How? Every time I go over the checkpoint walls I get nailed by the turrets.

Looking down from the building on the bridge side (the same building where an electric glove heavy is guarding a control point), I deactivated as many guns as I could and would lure the soldiers to one section where a single turret could see. I'd then blind that turret and use a Multi-Fear Takedown to eliminate all the guys with active guns - there's no weapon crate in that section.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Looking down from the building on the bridge side (the same building where an electric glove heavy is guarding a control point), I deactivated as many guns as I could and would lure the soldiers to one section where a single turret could see. I'd then blind that turret and use a Multi-Fear Takedown to eliminate all the guys with active guns - there's no weapon crate in that section.

Wait, is this not the checkpoint with a roof that blocks you from seeing in before you enter?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hope Rocksteady really is leading the team and helping the port since for the first two games were great PC ports, barring the DX10/11 issues in City for me. The game worked great for me till the third day when it stopped working well at all. The patch seems to have fixed most of my issues with slowdown at least though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

poptart_fairy posted:

Is that the one near the Clock Tower, where if you try to beat it as soon as it's available you'll also have to deal with the 2 snipers who are hanging around that area? Cuz that fight really sucked.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sad to see that Rocksteady still haven't figured out to put subtitles on the goddamn audio tapes.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the batmobile is perfect, the things you do with it aren't but the vehicle itself has some real love put into it and it shows. those loving rimmssss

I don't get people who have issue with firefly/apc races. I'm not even that good at racing games. you barely need to boost.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bugblatter posted:

Wait, is this not the checkpoint with a roof that blocks you from seeing in before you enter?

Oh, no, that's a separate one. There's at least three different ones like it - one you can angle the Batmobile in such a way it fires into the checkpoint, a second one where you can tear a wall down with the Batmobile and shoot into it, and the third is the one I just described above. I'm not sure if there are others like those but I haven't gone 100% yet.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, this iteration of Batman... half his problems wouldn't exist if he wasn't so obsessed with always looking and acting as tough as possible. I can imagine Adam West Batman beating up crowds of people, I can imagine Michael Keaton Batman being unafraid to actually kill a guy once in a while as long as he doesn't do it with a handgun, but I can't imagine a Batman that lies to Robin this much.

At least the game itself calls him out on it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

ImpAtom posted:

He doesn't... do much that is particular Scarecrowy.I wouldn't want a rehash of Arkham Asylum but at the end of the day the things done by the Scarecrow could be any villain on the planet. He isn't bad as a Generic Villain but I think he was better handled in Arkham Asylum.

I don't understand how having Batman run through a couple of side scrolling platforming stages where he flashes back to his origin is a more impressive confrontation with his fears than siccing a brainwashed Jason Todd on him, showing him a dead Barbara Gordon, threatening him with letting the Joker take control of his brain and then revealing his secret identity

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
See, my favourite bit with that aspect of the game is on the airship where Batman actually loses it for a minute and stops pulling his punches with the enemy. They start screaming and begging after a couple of hits, trying to scramble away absolutely poo poo scared at the damage he's doing to them - it was brief but it really showed just how dangerous Bruce is without that one rule keeping him in check.

I dislike Batman as a general rule but the game sold me on what he struggles with.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Nananananananana Bat-squat

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Huh. I didn't know you could actually tell him.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 28, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh poo poo dude, spoiler that. Seriously. :(

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Has there been any details about the Season Pass content? I was looking forward to the Batgirl DLC until I played Harley Quinn's 5 Minute Romp. If all the DLC will be following that bare bones formula, that Season Pass looks more like money pit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't understand how having Batman run through a couple of side scrolling platforming stages where he flashes back to his origin is a more impressive confrontation with his fears than siccing a brainwashed Jason Todd on him, showing him a dead Barbara Gordon, threatening him with letting the Joker take control of his brain and then revealing his secret identity

Because the latter is basically not meaningfully tied to Scarecrow. In fact the entire Jason Todd thing is a lucky accident for him as he has no idea who Todd is, no idea what his connection to Batman is, and so-on. He has no idea the Joker is in Batman's brain and seems utterly befuddled when Joker takes over. The Dead Barbara Gordon thing is interesting except it's a straight rehash of Batman encountering a dead Jim Gordon in Arkham Asylum, except it lasts slightly longer. The secret identity thing is the coolest moment but it isn't really Scarecrowy in any distinctive way.

The segments in Arkham Asylum were less 'big' but framing them as weird horror movie hallucinations made them more distinctively scarecrow. As it stands the Joker quite literally takes over all the hallucinating in this game and so he kind of eclipses the Scarecrow on his own territory.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 28, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For me I think it helped because I was seeing the Joker as a manifestation of Batman's fears and doubts, rather than an actual "image" of the guy. The dark humour, the violent urges, the use of information Joker would have no actual means of accessing - it was Bruce's own mind giving voice and a persona to these terrors. That end game sequence where the Joker is terrified of being forgotten struck me as less about showing us Joker's true fears and showing how Bruce finally comes to terms with his own.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I can't find any Azaezel flaming batsigns on roof tops after the first one. any tips? i've been flying for a long time.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Riddle me this Batman, how many beats per minute does a beat drop to hit maximum bass?

(Back from a festival sponsored by carlsberg, everything was draped in riddler green and question marks everywhere)

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
Goddammit, I was hoping the patch would at least give an option to turn off motion blur. I loving hate motion blur and not being able to toggle it off is ridiculous.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

For me I think it helped because I was seeing the Joker as a manifestation of Batman's fears and doubts, rather than an actual "image" of the guy. The dark humour, the violent urges, the use of information Joker would have no actual means of accessing - it was Bruce's own mind giving voice and a persona to these terrors. That end game sequence where the Joker is terrified of being forgotten struck me as less about showing us Joker's true fears and showing how Bruce finally comes to terms with his own.

The Joker showed Bruce things that Bruce never saw but the Joker did, so I couldn't really see it that way.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

The Joker showed Bruce things that Bruce never saw but the Joker did, so I couldn't really see it that way.

I dunno, did he though? Joker sent Batman at least one tape of what he did, and he's certainly aware of how Babs was crippled, so I didn't think it was too much of a jump that his fear for losing other people would fill in any gaps. It helps that Bats doesn't verbally respond to any of this I guess!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I dunno, did he though? Joker sent Batman at least one tape of what he did, and he's certainly aware of how Babs was crippled, so I didn't think it was too much of a jump that his fear for losing other people would fill in any gaps. It helps that Bats doesn't verbally respond to any of this I guess!

The Joker makes comments about this only he could know, including intentionally hiding things from Bruce. It's obvious that becoming the Joker is his fear but the goofy Jokerization plotline does seem to involve ~dna memory~ or something. It's a nonsensical plot point to begin with and mostly an excuse to have Mark Hamil LPing the game with you but still.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Huh. I didn't know you could actually tell him.

does this actually have a bearing in the end of the game? I opted not to.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MinibarMatchman posted:

does this actually have a bearing in the end of the game? I opted not to.

Apparently not.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Joker is obviously what Bruce thinks about everything going on around him but given voice and image.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

SonicRulez posted:

You can go through a vent that takes Batman out of the room. Then with Bats no longer in the room, throw the remote Batarang at it. Also, you should know that you and ImpAtom white knighting everything and anything that someone might find issue with the game has gotten old. A LOT of people have voiced displeasure with the Batmobile. Just because you and 5 other goons liked it doesn't mean it's perfect and anyone who doesn't like it is just poo poo.

Combat is alright, but I feel like they added maybe one too many enemy types. It's to the point where if a thug has anything I just spam special takedowns on them. Big guys, big guys with electro fists, whatever. Because otherwise it starts to be a clusterfuck. Usually Batman has good tracking and like, if you do a takedown, he'll home in on the biggest threats. But not always. I've definitely done Dual Takedowns with Nightwing on the standard mook standing right next to a big guy. Speaking of, the DLC better include a lot more of that. The fact that you can't replay Dual Predator without replaying the entire story is CRIMINAL. To the point where I'd take an entire Arkham game where you always have Robin (maybe back when Dick or Jason were Robin) in dual play.

The remote baterang switches it off too. I did it by facing the mirror and doing a baterang quick throw while pointing the camera at the mirror.

Also I can't speak for impatom, but I can read and I'm pretty sure neither of us are white knighting the game. It has flaws but certain people are making exaggerated and hyperbolic claims of things that are "broken" with the game that aren't.

Edit: also is the AO and rain texture stuff that's in the patch the major graphical stuff that was missing between the pc and ps4 version?

Kin fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 28, 2015

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

This post is not easily forgotten:

Kin posted:

I've no idea what's up with all of you on PC with issues. Mine loaded and runs flawlessly. In fact the only issue i had was when i went in and tried to change the ini file from 30fps to 60 then the game wouldn't load.

What rigs are you all on because it's undoubtedly your setup.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Zat posted:

This post is not easily forgotten:

Still runs totally fine on my machine save for the sound cutting out occasionally. I guess my machine must just be the exact spec of the one the devs/porters used :shrug:

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Kin posted:

Still runs totally fine on my machine save for the sound cutting out occasionally. I guess my machine must just be the exact spec of the one the devs/porters used :shrug:

Your version must have magically had ambient occlusion and extensive graphics options as well. Save for the sound cutting out occasionally, yeah it must run great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I found Scarecrow creepy and very effective as a villain. (It also helps that he was the main villain and was not overshadowed, like Strange was.) and none of the plot involving Joker taking over Batman's mind would have happened without him and his toxin.

On another note, man Professor Pyg was disturbing. He is disturbing in the comics but hearing him makes it even worse.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

SonicRulez posted:

I would argue in a proper challenge map situation the game would throw tons of unarmed filler at you unless it was something like a gimmick wave (e.g. all ninjas, all knives, all stun rod waves in some extreme AC maps). It's just that the game doesn't. Most of the mixed variety comes from the militia anyway. Regular rioters or thugs rarely are so mixed types unless it's scripted.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

l33t b4c0n posted:

Your version must have magically had ambient occlusion and extensive graphics options as well. Save for the sound cutting out occasionally, yeah it must run great.

AO and additional textures don't have anything to do with how well everything else for it is running on my machine.

And if the worst I'm experiencing is 2-3 seconds of sound cutting out once every 4 hours or so? Yeah, it runs great.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What do I do in the tunnels where scarecrow wants to know what you are seeking. No matter how far away, the second I switch hacked drones I get machine gunned to death

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Man am I sick of the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kin posted:

AO and additional textures don't have anything to do with how well everything else for it is running on my machine.

And if the worst I'm experiencing is 2-3 seconds of sound cutting out once every 4 hours or so? Yeah, it runs great.

You're stupid.

• Locked thread