Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Edward_Tohr posted:

Whip makes Garula trivial.

Healing Staff, Ashura, and Mythril Axes make Liquid Flame and Ifrit not too bad. Don't need to break rods, just go slow and keep yourself healed up.

Flame Bow does fun things to Byblos.

Trident/Coral Sword can deal with CrayClaw and Soul Cannon....

Titan and Purobolos are tricky, but Manticore can be Death Sickle'd. Though those three are after you get your Earth jobs and are no longer allowed to Freelance in a Fiesta.

Thats pretty much the strategy I'm going for. I didn't even buy rods, the only one I used so far was on magissa, the one I got in carwen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ, I think I'm job fairing my Dragoon or Dancer (my fourth job is Chemist). I can definitely knock out Ifrit with another couple levels, but apparently Sol Cannon is the exact same situation, being one of those tilesets that only does air attacks against a boss immune to air. I really don't feel like grinding up to level 30+ in World 1 to be able to autofight bosses to death with Geomancers.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I want to try geomancer on the ios. I heard the level requirement for gaia has been removed.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Run #4 is complete. Team was total garbage until the Chicken Knife and Rainbow Dress. Got lucky with Sword Dance and only had to survive one Almagest, which both heavies blocked with Aegis Shield.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Oh man, Ifrit with four Geomancers is a bummer. Thanks #chaos!

I'd kill to still have four Freelancers. Freelancer rules.
This was my pain yesterday; had to get up to Level 19 and then get a little lucky. After that it's smooth sailing to the Soul Cannon, which I was able to take out at Level 23 w/ 10 Elixirs

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bard/Chemist/Dancer/DancerNinja! :ninja:

Is there anything else you need to do to job fair besides the donation & the tweet? I put in the donation notes my twitter name & the job request.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So liquid flame was actually pretty easy , the first half of the fight was just letting him run out of MP and keeping healed then once he ran out of MP it was a joke.

... Also Karnak Castle was easier than I thought, I even managed to nab the main gauche and cape.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 27, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Geomancer do get a buff in the ios version

quote:

Geomancer's !Gaia ability is now able to conjure all four terrain-bound
attacks regardless of the caster's level. The exact mechanics of this new
new feature is unknown. Some testing gave me the theory that rather then
choose a random number between 0 and the caster's level to determine what
attack to perform, it choose a random number between 0 and 99

Also

quote:

Twin Lance now deals damage twice with !Jump, !Focus, !Mineuchi, Sword Dance
and possibly !Rapid Fire. This makes the weapon that much more awesome.
since it already deals doubly damage with !Jump, this thing will deal
tremendous damage with a Jumping Thief or Ninja.

:eyepop:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 27, 2015

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Shwqa posted:

Geomancer do get a buff in the ios version

"Buff".

Doesn't that make them far more likely to use the instant-death style moves? The ones that don't work against most bosses?

Fakeedit: Holy crap, that Twin Lance though.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Good god drat, that Twin Lance buff. Want.

Maybe if I get another team with both Ninja and Dragoon like I did last year, I can grab that poo poo.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
After a bit of farming, managed to get Triple Crown #2 with White / Red / Ranger / Dancer

Omega took a few tries but Rapid Fire + Chicken Knife, Running Shoes and Shell / Curaga / Esuna was all I ended up using.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Huh look at this change

quote:

The Magic Lamp will can now summon Fat Chocobo when it summons Chocobo's, and
whenever Catoblepas is summoned, it's petrifying gaze targets all monsters.
Egg Chop still displays no graphics.

I wonder if that means you can use magic lamps to kill two parts of NED.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Uhuhuhu I have Thief Berserker Ninja Samurai

I am literally at the Objet d'art save point right now

Gnihihiii

As an aside, can Ninja scrolls kill Omnicient? Or do I have to Mage Masher silence him, was that the trick? Just for the future.

Austere things
Feb 4, 2013
I'm thinking of giving Omega a try with my Berserker/Berskerker/Bard/Samurai team. I'm already planning to have the bard and samurai sing to keep Omega locked down and everyone will have hermes' sandals for extra speed - but what weapons should I give the zerkers to make sure they can do decent damage? I tried once with rune axe but it did all of zero and, well, I was too dumb to take gaia hammer off of the other zerker so that was no good either.

Austere things fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 28, 2015

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
I was worried Omnscient was going to be a pain in the rear end with no proper magic user.

Silence Blade sorted him right the gently caress out.

Meanwhile, Minotaur just focused on Faris (who was a Knight with Guard).

I honestly think I would've had a tougher time grinding up the cash to buy Holy and Flare than that.

@Simon: Yeah, Silence him and he can't do poo poo. Scrolls provoke Return all the same.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Simply Simon posted:

As an aside, can Ninja scrolls kill Omnicient? Or do I have to Mage Masher silence him, was that the trick? Just for the future.

Scrolls will cause him to reset. The Mage Masher will silence Omniscient, but it'll wear off after a few turns. With that team, your best bet is sending everyone but the Berserker up the magic tower and giving them all Hermes Sandals + Gil Toss. That way you should be able to do enough damage to kill Omniscient while he's still silenced.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 28, 2015

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Samuel Clemens posted:

Scrolls will cause him to reset. The Mage Masher will silence Omniscient, but it'll wear off after a few turns. With that team, your best bet is sending everyone but the Berserker up the magic tower and giving them all Hermes Sandals + Gil Toss. That way you should be able to do enough damage to kill Omniscient while he's still silenced.
That's a good idea! I'll see what I can do, and if it's too annoying, I'll just let it be.

Protip for the Android version btw: if you Continue (as if you had quicksaved), you'll start not from the last save point, but from directly in front of bosses most of the time. It's insanely useful and almost as good as Save States.

Otoh precise movement is impossible because they thought even with diagonal movement disabled (why would you ever), half-tile movement should still be possible, which is the worst. Still, I got everything important (including Ribbon because you never know!) from Karnak and got out with 4 seconds to spare (no Deathclaw), so at least that was possible...

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Anything I should make sure to do before leaving world 1? I'm playing Monk Summoner Ranger Samurai. Already have plenty of rods and elixirs.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

Anything I should make sure to do before leaving world 1? I'm playing Monk Summoner Ranger Samurai. Already have plenty of rods and elixirs.

Have you grabbed Shiva, Ramuh, and the other summons that I think Walse sells? Because if not, you can't get them for a long while. I don't even think you can actually get Shiva if you miss her.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

djw175 posted:

Have you grabbed Shiva, Ramuh, and the other summons that I think Walse sells? Because if not, you can't get them for a long while. I don't even think you can actually get Shiva if you miss her.

Yeah I have those two plus Ifrit and Titan.

I could buy some of those 50k rings I guess.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
God, 72 Harvester kills before one dropped a death sickle. What is the drop rate on those? I thought it was 1/16.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Haha man, The beastmaster may not be consistent, but I just used a Magic Dragon on Exdeath and managed to get 9999s on that rear end in a top hat.

I hope Giga Flare is able to break Damage Cap.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

World 2 Exdeath went down like a chump with dualcasted Firagas w/ a fire rod.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

maou shoujo posted:

God, 72 Harvester kills before one dropped a death sickle. What is the drop rate on those? I thought it was 1/16.

I got two in under ten battles. v:shobon:v

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Today, I got two Mirage Vests just by going through the Island Shrine with Mug + Chicken Knife. Sometimes the RNG likes you, and sometimes it doesn't.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Hooray! Thief/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dancer complete.

Too late for the Fartz joy, but this is my first ever Fiesta victory for whoever it was that had a related #pledge. Now to eat something and wait for RK to log it so I can do it again!

Hopefully with some magic this time

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
50 Dragon Fangs farmed. That should last me until world 3, and hopefully by then I'll have a way to kill those Dragon Zombies quicker.

Now, I forget, is there a decent spot to farm Turtle Shells in world 2? I only brought about 20 from world 1.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Trying to decide if I want to bother grinding out the Reflect Rings in the Barrier Tower or not. Black/White/Time Mage/Geomancer. Geomancer gives me an easy way to kill the Knights, but I've already done a lot of grinding for cash just to buy spells and rods.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
So I have Summoner/Samurai/Berserker/Berserker. I got to the seal guardians and had trouble because the berserkers kept putting them in flip-out range before I could wipe them out. I eventually just took away their weapons so they punched for zero damage and I could set up the double !zeninage.

Except one of my berserkers is Galuf.

I forgot what happened after the seal guardians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsanc6cen4

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So I have Summoner/Samurai/Berserker/Berserker. I got to the seal guardians and had trouble because the berserkers kept putting them in flip-out range before I could wipe them out. I eventually just took away their weapons so they punched for zero damage and I could set up the double !zeninage.

Well now I know what hell sounds like.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Ahahahahahaha, it's like running Omniscient out of MP, only somehow even worse.

And you had a shield equipped so that he only punched once per round! :allears:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

By my calculations and a glance at your damage numbers, that would've been roughly around 389 punches.

Sorry, man, but I'm laughing at this.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I beat Garula with all thief (2nd try actually) so I decided to peek at my jobs: Thief/Berserker/Ranger/Ninja. Well then.

milk_dud
May 5, 2014
Fiesta round 2: Ninja/Bard/Samurai/Dancer

The power of music and money once again carries my underleveled team to victory!

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Round 1 done: Blue Mage / Mysitc Knight / Ninja / Samurai

Round 2 I have Monk / Berserker / Bard / Chemist

So far I've just kept the Berserker dead for bosses and punched everything to death.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

Today, I got two Mirage Vests just by going through the Island Shrine with Mug + Chicken Knife. Sometimes the RNG likes you, and sometimes it doesn't.

Against Atomos the dancing dagger got 4 sword dances out of 6 attacks and that was basically all I needed.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Do Red Dragons and Level Checkers in Barrier Tower need to be controlled to use their Lv. 3 Flare and Lv. 2 Old blue magics? I've got a Chemist that can throw down Confuse and Reflect on them, but I don't want to sit there for spells that will never come without a Beastmaster.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

Do Red Dragons and Level Checkers in Barrier Tower need to be controlled to use their Lv. 3 Flare and Lv. 2 Old blue magics? I've got a Chemist that can throw down Confuse and Reflect on them, but I don't want to sit there for spells that will never come without a Beastmaster.

Unless you have a way to put Reflect on them, yeah. If you Confuse them, the aiming bits are just flipped, so it targets all allies (i.e. the enemies themselves).

You can get L2 Old from Magic Dragons in meatfort, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Exdeath will cast L3 Flare, but there's some risk in trying to learn it from him.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
So yeah, I can get the Level Trickers to cast Lv. 2 Old by confusing them, so that's good.

Problem is that they'll also cast Lv. 5 Death in that state. My team is level 30.

Thankfully I only have one Reflected at a time, so only one character dies to every cast. Unfortunately, they seem to vastly prefer Death to Old, and the times they DO cast Old, it simply WILL NOT bounce onto my Blue Mage.

The Death effect sure as hell does, though! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bufuman posted:

So yeah, I can get the Level Trickers to cast Lv. 2 Old by confusing them, so that's good.

Problem is that they'll also cast Lv. 5 Death in that state. My team is level 30.

Thankfully I only have one Reflected at a time, so only one character dies to every cast. Unfortunately, they seem to vastly prefer Death to Old, and the times they DO cast Old, it simply WILL NOT bounce onto my Blue Mage.

The Death effect sure as hell does, though! :argh:

Why not just put Learning on everyone and save the trouble.

• Locked thread