Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Married people get cheaper auto insurance right?

STR, let's get hitched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

N is for Nipples posted:

STR, let's get hitched.
*Insurance agent looks at new spouse's medical and employment history, goes to sit quietly in the corner*

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CommieGIR posted:

Even my cheapskate company pays me at least $75k annually. Jesus, they really want a temp.

I make about that $50k number as a data center tech dogging cables and doing break/fix on servers. I would never take on the level of responsibility they want for what I make, gently caress that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Anyone going to Moonrise or Ezoo? We should meet up!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

I make about that $50k number as a data center tech dogging cables and doing break/fix on servers. I would never take on the level of responsibility they want for what I make, gently caress that.

And that's a reasonable number for what you're doing depending on where you are. Full stack/full responsibility? gently caress that poo poo. What a bunch of idiots.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

QuarkMartial posted:

I am allergic to cats.

My wife has finally broken me down ....

As someone who is allergic to cats myself, I hope you enjoy not being able to breath.

Seriously, why would your wife want you to have a cat in the house when it's going to make you sick?

QuarkMartial posted:

We'll see how it goes. She's been wanting one for years and said this one would be an outdoor cat once it got big enough. I don't know how I feel about that.

Been doing some reading. My allergies aren't too extreme and many people are saying that they went away after a while. Right now I'm popping Claritin and going to see how it goes.

If Claritin helps, but doesn't keep you from feeling crappy completely, go see your doctor and ask about a prescription for Montelukast (It's the generic for Singulair). Best allergy med I've ever had, and if you have to take something daily and have any insurance at all, it's cheaper than taking an OTC drug since it's a generic.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 28, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

That's a pretty decent looking chunk of rolling debt. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, just found my future wife. Just need to track her down and convince her.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Make sure she brings along the choke-bot.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Locator posted:

As someone who is allergic to cats myself, I hope you enjoy not being able to breath.

Seriously, why would your wife want you to have a cat in the house when it's going to make you sick?

If Claritin helps, but doesn't keep you from feeling crappy completely, go see your doctor and ask about a prescription for Montelukast (It's the generic for Singulair). Best allergy med I've ever had, and if you have to take something daily and have any insurance at all, it's cheaper than taking an OTC drug since it's a generic.

My wife has had allergies since her mid 20s. Finally got to a good allergist who prescribed a multi-year (like 5) course of daily sublingual drops that they customize for whatever you're allergic to. Apparently this isn't all that uncommon, but I had no idea.

3 years in.....she's like 95% fine from pollen, cats, etc.

My point: talk to an actual allergist and get tested. They know stuff about allergies.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

:colbert: Because cats are awesome.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea I was allergic to cats when I got mine a few years ago but I guess I got used to her dander or whatever and its totally fine now. It took a few months but it was worth it to have a pet since Im perpetually single and lonely :( Im glad it worked out cause I live in an illegal state for pet skunks which is what I really want but cant have. It sucks really bad right now cause skunks only have babies around this time of year and Im watching all my friends get adorable kits and Im wicked jealous.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Locator posted:

Make sure she brings along the choke-bot.

Hey rear end in a top hat his name is Fisto Roboto and his feelings would be quite hurt you referred to him in such a way.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Motronic posted:

My wife has had allergies since her mid 20s. Finally got to a good allergist who prescribed a multi-year (like 5) course of daily sublingual drops that they customize for whatever you're allergic to. Apparently this isn't all that uncommon, but I had no idea.

3 years in.....she's like 95% fine from pollen, cats, etc.

My point: talk to an actual allergist and get tested. They know stuff about allergies.

That's what I'm doing right now, I'm almost at the end of year 3. That doctor was the one who prescribed the Montelukast (it was Singulair only at the beginning).

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Some folks also have issues with the dust from clay litters, so an alternative litter may help. One can find litters made from wheat, corn, wood, or paper instead. After using several different types and brands, I give that rear end in a top hat cat Luther one called World's Best Cat Litter.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Holy poo poo snacks, that is awesome. My man hands and I approve.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'll talk to a doctor at some point. For 7 years now I've said no, absolutely not. I'm not sure why I said yes this time. He is one cute ball of fur though...

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

that kittttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, after spending all day outside, I'm living up to my name.

Let me tell you how fun tank tops, a sunburn, and seat belts are! :cry: One of the most painful sunburns I've had, and I even used sunblock... I was just sweating faster than I could reapply it. :sigh:

Fitbit logged nearly 15k steps though, and 79 minutes of high activity (most of that either moshing or jumping, I already know my legs are gonna be killing me tomorrow), plus 19 flights of stairs, since it's a multi-level venue and they had multiple stages setup.

I got caught in some crossfire of people throwing.. colored powder in a mosh pit. :confused: My legs, shorts, and shoes are all cyan now, along with part of my arms and tank top. Seems like it'll probably wash off pretty easy, though my socks and tank top will probably be stained.

Also saw a guy get dropped on his head while crowd surfing. :ohdear: He got up and was able to walk out of the pit, but got his bell run pretty hard.

InitialDave posted:

*Insurance agent looks at new spouse's medical and employment history, goes to sit quietly in the corner*

Yeah uh, for non-commercial insurance, auto insurance doesn't look at medical. :v:

... I may not be totally upfront about my job though.

N is for Nipples posted:

STR, let's get hitched.

That's actually why I have my parents on my insurance. :v:

But sure, why not?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

That's actually why I have my parents on my insurance. :v:

But sure, why not?

Which county are we doing this in? I'm not sure if Collin has had one yet.

e: also, be on Steam more, dick
e2: apparently they're holding out

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 28, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I think only my laptop is set to sign into steam automatically. :downs: I'll fix that.

e: :doh: I never reinstalled Steam on my desktop after I reinstalled Windows.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 28, 2015

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Ninite is your friend

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Speaking of games and generally being huge loving nerds, if any of you are interested, you've got a little over two days to get your submissions in for my little Automation contest, found here. I have 24 entries so far, and it's shaping up to be, well, interesting, when things actually get going.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God loving drat it.

The wedding reception was the most redneck bullshit I've ever seen. Boots, buckles and ConFed flag poo poo everywhere. I heard the n-word about 50 times in two hours and the only reason I didn't flip out and lose my poo poo is I was the only male in attendance without a gun on my hip.

gently caress the south. gently caress white people. gently caress this gay earth.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Nothing beats chilling on the front porch at night in the rain with your friends. Love the summer. :captainpop:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
^Be careful, I hear some douchebag on your area likes to splash people who dare be outside in the rain.

Rhyno posted:

God loving drat it.

The wedding reception was the most redneck bullshit I've ever seen. Boots, buckles and ConFed flag poo poo everywhere. I heard the n-word about 50 times in two hours and the only reason I didn't flip out and lose my poo poo is I was the only male in attendance without a gun on my hip.

gently caress the south. gently caress white people. gently caress this gay earth.

You live in Indiana. I think you mean "gently caress the fly over states", because I have seen, heard and experienced far more racist poo poo in the midwest than I ever did in the south.

California too for that matter.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 28, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

You live in Indiana. I think you mean "gently caress the fly over states", because I have seen, heard and experienced far more racist poo poo in the midwest than I ever did in the south.

California too for that matter.

That flag came from the south, thus the south can be hosed.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

MrChips posted:

Speaking of games and generally being huge loving nerds, if any of you are interested, you've got a little over two days to get your submissions in for my little Automation contest, found here. I have 24 entries so far, and it's shaping up to be, well, interesting, when things actually get going.

I'm gonna give up on giving up and send you what I guarantee will be the shittiest car in your whole field. If I can figure it out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

iwentdoodie posted:

^Be careful, I hear some douchebag on your area likes to splash people who dare be outside in the rain.
I think he'll be okay, being on a porch and all.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
My wife won't let go about her Civic bumper cover and is raging pissed at me for trying to talk her out of it.

How bad of an idea does this seem? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-to-...6a6d55b&vxp=mtr

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It'll be the right paint code maybe, but I guarantee it won't match the old paint worth a drat.

Better than not having a cover at all, I suppose.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Enourmo posted:

It'll be the right paint code maybe, but I guarantee it won't match the old paint worth a drat.

Better than not having a cover at all, I suppose.

Especially since she's never waxed her car or done anything else to take care of the paint (I think her dad did it for her a couple of times before she met me).

I don't really care about the car, I'm just looking for the cheapest way to get her off my back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

I don't really care about the car, I'm just looking for the cheapest way to get her off my back.

Push the car into a river.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
having the weirdest feeling in my chest. You know that feeling where your heart drops on being surprised or shocked? i'm having that a little too often just watching TV. doesn't happen until i'm sitting down and not really doing much.

i really need to go get a check up...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any DFW goons interested in doing the Color Fun Fest 5K? It'll be in McKinney. Walk or run, family friendly. I'll probably alternate between jogging and walking. A chunk of the money goes to charity.

Earlybird registration is $25 ($5 processing fee), vs the normal $60, if registered by 11:59pm tomorrow. If I can scrape up the money, I'm going to do the night one.

iwentdoodie posted:

Looks like their new car doesn't have splash guards either. :colbert:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
This season of MotoGP is shaping up to be wonderful.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

Especially since she's never waxed her car or done anything else to take care of the paint (I think her dad did it for her a couple of times before she met me).

Call around all the local body shops and ask how much they would charge to spray a bumper if you bring the bumper in yourself.

Take the bumper off and drop it off at the shop with the best price. You'll save a decent amount by doing the removal/installation yourself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or just buy a tube of touch up paint and slather it on there.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You could also sand down the scrapes and put body filler in it, then sand it smooth again to save even more. Anything they don't have to do will save you money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

leica posted:

Call around all the local body shops and ask how much they would charge to spray a bumper if you bring the bumper in yourself.

Take the bumper off and drop it off at the shop with the best price. You'll save a decent amount by doing the removal/installation yourself.

Maaco would do it for 400 but she already told me no Maaco :(

• Locked thread