Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sound cutting out and graphics options that aren't available on consoles is running poorly, not running great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Grimby posted:

Goddammit, I was hoping the patch would at least give an option to turn off motion blur. I loving hate motion blur and not being able to toggle it off is ridiculous.
Sounds like it's coming, at least. Have you disabled it through the ini?

Also, this thread could use a much more entertaining title after all this nonsense.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Toady posted:

Man am I sick of the Joker.

I actually think Knight's version of Joker is the best, some of the things he says about Talia and Barbara solicited a big :drat: from me.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there another way to break soft wooden paneling other than the batmobile? Batclaw doesn't work and I don't get the prompt to break it when floating in front of it. Can't line up the batmobile either.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

plape tickler posted:

Is there another way to break soft wooden paneling other than the batmobile? Batclaw doesn't work and I don't get the prompt to break it when floating in front of it. Can't line up the batmobile either.

I usually just punch it or dive through it. I'm sure Explosive gel will work too.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

plape tickler posted:

If it's on the ground, a punch or jump through will break it easily. If it's somewhere you can't reach on a platform the best bet is to just glide through it or if you can, line launcher through it (they really underused the line launcher this time around).

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on the side of a building so no explosive gel and I don't get the prompt to smash through it when I fly in front of it.

edit thanks I'll try the line launcher.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
It's a military checkpoint. It's a big red metal box with a bunch of people talking in it.

HOW can I not goddamn find it? I swear, no matter what it is, if there's only one left, it's always going to be impossible to find.

Rhygezenguro
Feb 13, 2012

plape tickler posted:

It's on the side of a building so no explosive gel and I don't get the prompt to smash through it when I fly in front of it.

edit thanks I'll try the line launcher.

I never tried the line launcher but if it's a weak wooden wall then the explosive gel's secondary shot (R1 or whatever) will take it down as well.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I AM VENGEANCE
I AM THE NIGHT
I. AM. BATMAN!

:gizz:
Worth every single dime.

Also, for anyone wondering, Nightwing has both of his special combos from City in the game even though the game doesn't give you any prompts for them as far as I know. I don't know for Robin or Catwoman since I didn't think to try and you can't play as them in challenge maps. Nightwing also has all his quickfire gadgets that would be relevant in combat. No line launcher or disabler or anything like that though. Seriously, can't talk enough about how much this dual play kicks rear end.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 28, 2015

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm 28% of the way through the game and I got the glitch where there's no damage to the main suit. I'm considering restarting the game.

I'm crazy, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm 28% of the way through the game and I got the glitch where there's no damage to the main suit. I'm considering restarting the game.

I'm crazy, right?

Yes. Seriously, the beaten up suit ain't worth it.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant
Have to admit, im not minding the 30fps limit too much now(though 60 would be great if they can make it work), the patched effects look great and i just ramp up DSR and disable ingame AA.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't even think I saw any damage on my suit until like 60-some percent complete

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
ugh I guess you don't get that batman beyond skin if you used a Nvidia code from a GTX card.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
I was trying to do the Riddler trophy things in Stage C of Panessa(where that song thing happens) and that particular set appears dead for me. It has a button I can't interact with and a trophy over by that slot machine looking thing but nothing to interact with there either. I decided to progress the story and I'm wondering if it will unlock later on or if it's some weird glitch.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zoo06 posted:

I was trying to do the Riddler trophy things in Stage C of Panessa(where that song thing happens) and that particular set appears dead for me. It has a button I can't interact with and a trophy over by that slot machine looking thing but nothing to interact with there either. I decided to progress the story and I'm wondering if it will unlock later on or if it's some weird glitch.

I'm pretty sure you have to progress through the story before you can do anything to it.

Also the final confrontation with Riddler is great
DIE FATHER- I MEAN, BATMAN

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arkhamverse Riddler has always been amazing and Knight has him almost steal the whole drat show.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Now that I 100%'d the game there's something weird. That one promo shot they use to advertise the Dual Play stuff where Batman, Robin, and Nightwing are standing around staring at something like they're about to kick it's rear end? Not used in the game, ever.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Am I missing something or do I need to shoot stupidly fast to get this one?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

plape tickler posted:

Am I missing something or do I need to shoot stupidly fast to get this one?

You do need to shoot fast, but not as fast as you think. The thing makes the *failed riddle* sound, but all you need to do is get 3 balls through the maze. They don't have to be consecutive. And I'm pretty sure you can hop out, land on the fan, and shoot with the REC if you can't aim the gun that quickly. I did it with the cannon no sweat though once I realized the game.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Zoo06 posted:

You have to progress to almost the very end of the game before all the stuff in panessa will unlock

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Looks like my 69% complete game is hosed. I guess only read this if you are more than 50% complete.

After I finished the movie studio I decided to go back up to the airships to grab a few more Riddler trophies I previously didn't have the gear for. When I went up there they were occupied by Arkham Knight's soldiers so I took them out. Stagg gave me a part to fix my broken (?) Batmobile. On the way to the ground I took out Man-Bat then stopped by Wayne Tower to confront the intruder. When I got back down to the ground again I couldn't summon the Batmobile because it's broken from the Cloudburst? "What? When was that? Oh no I think I skipped something. Maybe I shouldn't have gone up to the airship." I fix the Batmobile and get in. The only mission objective I have available now is to drop off Langstrom. I can't get out of my car at the GCPD because I'll be exposed to fear toxins. I can't scan Founders Island for a root system because the radar is fuzzy. I'm stick in the Batmobile and I'm hosed.

Long story short: Be careful about doubling back (especially to the airships) to pick up some Riddler trophies you missed previously. It could lock you into new objectives loving up the storyline. and locking you in your car.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Sounds like grabbing Man Bat on the way down screwed you up. Probably they shouldn't let you do side quests while the city is covered in toxin.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Dogen posted:

Sounds like grabbing Man Bat on the way down screwed you up. Probably they shouldn't let you do side quests while the city is covered in toxin.
I checked during my game and all the sidequests are locked out. If Man-Bat was still patrolling the skies that sounds like a bug.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Any way to revert to a previous point in the game or am I just going to take a week off and start fresh?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JFC posted:

Any way to revert to a previous point in the game or am I just going to take a week off and start fresh?

Sounds like you're screwed. That sucks man, I'm sorry.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
drat :(

69% Complete. Over 75% of all Riddler stuff complete. 36 of 79 Steam achievements. 1 for 1 on locked in my car.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That is terrible and also why I save the riddler stuff that's not in front of me until the end, because I learned this lesson in Origins (and maybe City although I forget) with hosed save games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that excavator sequence was one of the worst loving things I've ever sat through in any game in years but at least everything else for the last half was great

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

JFC posted:

One of the buttons on the load screen lets you cycle through backup saves. On PS4 at least.

Sloop
Jun 1, 2003

JFC posted:

The game saves backups of the last few saves, check http://support.wbgames.com/link/portal/24022/24028/Article/1062/I-lost-my-Batman-Arkham-Knight-save-How-do-I-recover-it for instructions on restoring them. I had to a few days ago after my 40% save suddenly reverted to 6%.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

that excavator sequence was one of the worst loving things I've ever sat through in any game in years but at least everything else for the last half was great
Honestly at that point and after it was over I was surprised there wasn't an honest to goodness combat brawl boss fight. You had the tank mode boss fight, and also the racing mode boss fight, and then there was that predator room boss fight.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Dicking around this evening doing sidequests for a couple hours honestly gave me a new appreciation for the Batmobile. I still think it's used too much at the start of the game and some of tank combat sections (like some of the harder bomb defusing missions) get old fast but just tearing around the city taking out APCs and random dudes is a lot of fun and actually once you get all the tank weapon upgrades the combat is pretty good sometimes! It takes a little bit of practice to get the driving down so you're not constantly driving into walls but after that it's super smooth and fun.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I finished the story and enjoyed it very much. I thought it was pretty good all the way round despite being predictable as all hell. I don't want Rocksteady to stop making Batman games. They're probably the best comic book games we're ever likely to get. I want to keep patrolling around Gotham for years to come. Unless, of course, they give us something cool like a Superman or Justice League game now that Arkham Knight has those cool team up attacks.

Also the game's biggest failure is not being able to patrol the city as any of the 5-6 characters they let you play as in the game. I'm sure that'll be fixed through lovely DLC.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah, there hasn't been a really good Superman game in years. The closest they came was the Superman Returns game and that had problems too. Games are about rules and limits and Supes has very few limits, so you run into the problem of how to handle a game with a guy who can do everything better than anyone else.

For example, instead of Superman having a life meter, he was just indestructible and taking damage just made his energy go down (stunning him if it bottomed); no, it was the CITY that had a life meter. Fail to stop enough loss of life or property damage and Superman sinks to his knees in defeat. Interesting idea but I don't know if it worked out too well.

Wait, no, there was one decent Superman game: Superman in Lego Batman 2! (was he in 3 prominently as well?)

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
So if anything I think this patch made my game run slightly worse. It wasn't going to fix my main problem anyway. But I noticed a lot of slowdown when doing the deacon fight. It might just have been because there was a ton of guys. But I don't remember it ever slowing down that much anywhere else in the game.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 28, 2015

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Only about 3 hours in but I'm gonna start a drinking game where I take a shot every time they call the baddies "animals". Coming from BATman geez

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I can do all the Riddler stuff safely in the post game right? That's kinda entertaining that Riddler is the only villain around in the game after all the big big bads are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Harlock posted:

I finished the story and enjoyed it very much. I thought it was pretty good all the way round despite being predictable as all hell. I don't want Rocksteady to stop making Batman games. They're probably the best comic book games we're ever likely to get. I want to keep patrolling around Gotham for years to come. Unless, of course, they give us something cool like a Superman or Justice League game now that Arkham Knight has those cool team up attacks.

Also the game's biggest failure is not being able to patrol the city as any of the 5-6 characters they let you play as in the game. I'm sure that'll be fixed through lovely DLC.

I doubt it. Batgirl's DLC will let us run around in some capacity, but I'm thinking Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman are going to slide more toward the Harley and Red Hood side of DLC. Which blows. The real success of those DLCs will hopefully be that they come with some more challenge packs and allow you to play as the rest of them in the existing challenge maps. And more team ups. This game has way too few team ups considering how cool they are versus way too much Batmobile considering how cool that is.

• Locked thread