Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

abraham linksys posted:

Do you get any significant XP rewards from doing various patched-in/hard mode 2.x dungeons for the first time? I have like 20 I'd need to to do to unlock the High Level Duty Roulette, but I figure I'll just save them until I hit level 60 and need more content to mess with unless there's a decent XP reward for me at level 57

You get no exp from them. You'll want to have them unlocked though, because high level roulette is a significant chunk of your tomestones at level 60. If you're a DPS, just queue for one while leveling up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Will there be another epic weapon questline in the expansion?

Yes, please look forward to it.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Christ the music in this game is incredible, I mean 2.0 had some really good tracks but all three trials and a lot of the dungeons have KILLER tracks.

The first HW Primal music is loving amazing, and I have been humming it to myself randomly throughout the day for the past 3+ days.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

vOv posted:

The KotL boss music is one of my favorite pieces from the soundtrack of all time. It just goes with the fight so well.

Agreed, every time it's reprised I get a little shiver

It's so dang good, it's got such a wide emotional scope but it's still 100% coherent. Good song, good fight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Both primal themes are both not at all what I was expecting and also very good.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When's the next letter from the producer?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Will there be another epic weapon questline in the expansion?

yes and each quest is randomly given out by hidden moogles in every zone and the moogles are only visible for 15 minutes after you kill a flagged mob which has a fixed spawn rate and isn't taggable by multiple people and also the moogles move

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
On an unrelated note is there a way to make a macro that changes assigned buttons on hotbars? i have a few niche skills on clickable hotbars but those hotbars don't change when you change class so I'm wondering if I can automatically reassign those skills when I change classes back and forth.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Thumbtacks posted:

On an unrelated note is there a way to make a macro that changes assigned buttons on hotbars? i have a few niche skills on clickable hotbars but those hotbars don't change when you change class so I'm wondering if I can automatically reassign those skills when I change classes back and forth.

you don't need macros for that, just change the settings in character config / hotbars / sharing

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thumbtacks posted:

You could do something like I posted a few pages back and have the bar change when you hit the gear change button

Copy and pasting because I'm lazy

It's just a shitton of macros that look like this:
/hotbar copy PLD 7 share 5

Basically the way hotbars work is that when you switch from class bars to shared bars, the stuff that was on your class bar is saved. Since you only ever use ~4-5 bars per class at most, it leaves dozens of bars you can use for whatever. So you just toss some stuff on to non-shared bars, then turn on bar sharing and have the Menu buttons replace the shared bar with the stuff from the non-shared bar and suddenly you're making interactive menus.

what you would do is have a macro for each gear set that will change in to the set and swap the current bar for whatever one you want on the other class

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 28, 2015

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Servers kinda hosed for anyone else? I keep getting 2002s and 90Ks when using DF.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I just disconnected for the second time in about ~15 minutes

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Thumbtacks posted:

yes and each quest is randomly given out by hidden moogles in every zone and the moogles are only visible for 15 minutes after you kill a flagged mob which has a fixed spawn rate and isn't taggable by multiple people and also the moogles move

The HW relic is a Moogle Masterpiece. Good luck finding it!

(but seriously can we put a blingee about using the back ramp in the OP or something?)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

I really hope Azys Lla becomes more than just a token visit from 59-60

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Rei_ posted:

Christ the music in this game is incredible, I mean 2.0 had some really good tracks but all three trials and a lot of the dungeons have KILLER tracks.
The Library and Fractal both have amazing music and it creates this really weird thing where I'm actually bummed out when I hit a boss 'cause the standard boss music isn't nearly as good. (This is a recurring problem going all the way back to T1. Other notable offenders: World of Darkness.)

To be fair Azys Lla isn't really "just some zone," narratively or mechanically.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

The Library and Fractal both have amazing music and it creates this really weird thing where I'm actually bummed out when I hit a boss 'cause the standard boss music isn't nearly as good. (This is a recurring problem going all the way back to T1. Other notable offenders: World of Darkness.)

The new actual dungeon boss music is really good also though.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The music in Ishgard is extremely my poo poo (especially the night theme) so I hope the rest of HW has as good music

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Bismarck music is amazing, gonna be hard for Alexander to beat that.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Got my MCH to 50 and started poking some Heavensward content. All I can say is good lord I am getting slammed even in 115 gear. Deepeyes have me down to 1/4 health at the end of a fight unless I have my chocobo out in full healing mode.

Is MCH really that weak 50+ or is everything really supposed to rock you this hard straight out of the gate? I suspect the answer is a mix of both. It doesn't help MCH has no self-healing options whatsoever.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Calihan posted:

MCH really that weak

Kite/burst them down it's how I got to 60

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Robo Reagan posted:

You could do something like I posted a few pages back and have the bar change when you hit the gear change button

Copy and pasting because I'm lazy

It's just a shitton of macros that look like this:
/hotbar copy PLD 7 share 5

Basically the way hotbars work is that when you switch from class bars to shared bars, the stuff that was on your class bar is saved. Since you only ever use ~4-5 bars per class at most, it leaves dozens of bars you can use for whatever. So you just toss some stuff on to non-shared bars, then turn on bar sharing and have the Menu buttons replace the shared bar with the stuff from the non-shared bar and suddenly you're making interactive menus.

what you would do is have a macro for each gear set that will change in to the set and swap the current bar for whatever one you want on the other class

Same idea but a bit smaller scaled, I like what you've done and may have to change mine around. The Holy / Lustrate hide and unhide all non-essential UI elements.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Calihan posted:

Got my MCH to 50 and started poking some Heavensward content. All I can say is good lord I am getting slammed even in 115 gear. Deepeyes have me down to 1/4 health at the end of a fight unless I have my chocobo out in full healing mode.

Is MCH really that weak 50+ or is everything really supposed to rock you this hard straight out of the gate? I suspect the answer is a mix of both. It doesn't help MCH has no self-healing options whatsoever.

The enemies are pretty strong but MCH is also pretty weak right now.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

onesixtwo posted:

Same idea but a bit smaller scaled, I like what you've done and may have to change mine around. The Holy / Lustrate hide and unhide all non-essential UI elements.

Yeah, the really neat thing is there's an absolute ton of stuff you can do with it. What I have right now is just what I made testing stuff out, I'll probably make some overly elaborate setup that I'll wind up hating one day when I'm bored.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

bonewitch posted:

The enemies are pretty strong but MCH is also pretty weak right now.

So six of one, half dozen of the other.

Yeah I heard the MCH horror stories but didn't notice how bad they were until now. Pre-50 it felt a little soft on the DPS side but nothing crippling. Heavensward content though feels like a death sentence if you ever get two mobs on you. You just take for bloody ever to kill something.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Is there a way to see a monster's resistances in-game? I'm playing a Ninja and I just unlocked Raiton, but I don't want to be spamming it on enemies with high magic resist.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Resists aren't a mechanic that matter in this game outside of like raid content with enemies that have shields for a type of damage

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Hivac posted:

Resists aren't a mechanic that matter in this game outside of like raid content with enemies that have shields for a type of damage

Oh. So is there a point to using Fuma Shuriken at all, then? I figured they wouldn't just give you a straight replacement skill 5 levels later.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Doublestep posted:

I really hope Azys Lla becomes more than just a token visit from 59-60

There's a subtle chekhov's gun on top of the Flagship, which I suspect means we'll be going back to that zone.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

johnny park posted:

Oh. So is there a point to using Fuma Shuriken at all, then? I figured they wouldn't just give you a straight replacement skill 5 levels later.

There were a couple of enemies in final coil who you would rather use Fuma Shuriken on and they had statuses in their buff/debuff markers that stated they took reduced magic damage. Other than that, yeah Raiton is a complete replacement for Fuma Shuriken.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

fuma shuriken is preferable to raiton if your latency makes it such that you are unable to use raiton without it cutting into your next GCD. fuma benefits from the venom's 20% damage increase as well as the 10% damage increase of dancing edge, so the effective potency difference isn't as large as it seems.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

johnny park posted:

The differences between the two are that Fuma has a 25y range, is physical/slashing damage, and only takes one mudra to cast so it's hard for lag to cock it up. Raiton has a 15y range, is magical damage, and takes two mudra.
As a result, there are more viable uses for Fuma than there are for Hyoton, at least.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
If you want an easy way to find your hunt marks, I saw this over on Reddit. Pretty handy.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Where does the Tactics Ogre gear drop from?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Where does the Tactics Ogre gear drop from?

Level 60 dungeons and it looks fantastic. Hell all of the dungeon gear looks fantastic.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So DRK has been my first tank class to 50, and i've been liking it a lot. However, there are a couple of things i want to know:

1: Tanking 4-man stuff is easy, but i'm kinda nervous about tanking 8-man stuff. Is there some kind of commonly accepted tank etiquette to avoid stepping on your co-tank's toes?

2: Is there a way to make a Living Dead macro that would alert the party if the Walking Dead effect actually triggered, or is that too complex for macros?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Freak Futanari posted:

So DRK has been my first tank class to 50, and i've been liking it a lot. However, there are a couple of things i want to know:

1: Tanking 4-man stuff is easy, but i'm kinda nervous about tanking 8-man stuff. Is there some kind of commonly accepted tank etiquette to avoid stepping on your co-tank's toes?

Not really; some people like to sit and wait and plan stuff out for the 8man trials but usually you have one of the tanks just pull if it's old content. Whoever is generally first to pull is MT while the other guy sits in dps stance.

If you're looking for a laugh, and are good, you can get into a threat fight with the other tank. A lot of DF tanks hate it when you out-threat them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Freak Futanari posted:

2: Is there a way to make a Living Dead macro that would alert the party if the Walking Dead effect actually triggered, or is that too complex for macros?

1. Go with what Rafzakael said. Also if you pull hate a bunch in your DPS stance, turn your tank one on and start maining.

2. Too complex.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013
I bought Heavensward on the Steam store like 3 days ago (Before the preorder bonuses were gone I'm sure.) and didn't get anything in the mog mail. This happen to anyone else?

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Mexicat posted:

I bought Heavensward on the Steam store like 3 days ago (Before the preorder bonuses were gone I'm sure.) and didn't get anything in the mog mail. This happen to anyone else?

The chance to get pre-order bonuses ended Monday night so if you bought it 3 days ago then you didn't get anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mexicat posted:

You bought it 3 days after release and are wondering why you don't get preorder bonuses?

• Locked thread