Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Firebert posted:

How would you farm enough jungle monsters to stack to 30 as a top laner? Why would you play AP Jax?

he's going to get a ton of kills just as soon as he shows up to top lane with Nashor's components

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I don't really get why people are up in arms about an item that takes a while to stack up and eats one of your summoner slots being really good on specific heroes, many of whom are pretty subpar at the moment.

Like not even trying to be a :smug: heh mad :smug: ironic jerk, I legitimately don't see what's super broken about the new devourer. It'll provide a good midgame power spike for attack speed oriented heroes. Only one I'm particularly worried about is Vayne, silver bolts proccing every other attack is a big deal.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Well we have to explore every dumb possibility because this is a dumb item.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
where IS THIS FUCKIN FISH?????

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The only thing I care about is if that new wota change is going to make vlad and morde impossible to deal with toplane because of how their skills work.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSAEKQtgjOE

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

gently caress me thats disappointing.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

where IS THIS FUCKIN FISH?????

Well, he wasn't in this patch, and the next patch doesn't come out for over a week, so...

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I have decided I want to play Wukong.

What do I need to know before I try to play Wukong?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alris posted:

I have decided I want to play Wukong.

What do I need to know before I try to play Wukong?

Well, Japan produced a documentary on playing Wukong back in the 80s, and America did the same a number of years ago...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I tried 0/21/9 on melee tank support today and I was so gold starved I was miserable. The extra tank perks did not offset how lovely the gain was. I would consider this experiment a failure immediately and strongly recommend 21 utility for all support.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

I checked out the links but they don't seem to have too much to add beyond this japanese guide I was able to dig up, which was vague as hell to begin with. You wouldn't happen to have anything more specific?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Killed By Death posted:

Well, he wasn't in this patch, and the next patch doesn't come out for over a week, so...

Yeah he's coming in 5.14 most likely

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Started playing AD bruiser fizz. Fish is mad fun.

Don't know what I'm doing, but it's fun.

gently caress Garen though

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Runeglaive AP Ezreal is fun as gently caress and also Really Good

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

exethan posted:

im actually looking at your sick name

someone once said to me "stop pushing top you loving autistic weeaboo" and it's stuck with me ever since

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for S6 and the completely new round of jungle and jungle item reworks.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I've narrowed my next IP purchase down to these and now I can't decide, so... Wukong or Irelia?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I enjoy Wukong a lot more than Irelia even if Irelia is more likely to be meta. I'd suggest Wukong. His L6 all-in with Brutaliser is well, brutal.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
My non-30 self has never seen Irelia actually do anything in a game.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Higsian posted:

I've narrowed my next IP purchase down to these and now I can't decide, so... Wukong or Irelia?

Irelia, she wont get nerfed.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street

Higsian posted:

WUKING BABY

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Higsian posted:

Both have always been good to fantastic for their entire existence.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Higsian posted:

Do you like to be a tanky piece of poo poo with a special passive that people forget about and stacks multiplicatively with tenacity? Play Irelia. Do you like to do a lot of damage and make people mad about invis and clones? Play Wukong.

They both seem to always be good, with Irelia having more of a defensive focus and Wukong being more offensively focused.

I never really played Wukong but I can tell you that Irelias passive is stupid, her Q makes last hitting pretty easy, and her stun lets you trade really well or just be a really annoying piece of poo poo.

Wukong is Goku though so there's that for him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please nerf jinx she is terribly unfun to play against and im sick of her face

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

She's already been nerfed, this is her nerfed state, lol.

Did anyone get a chance to play Darius before he got disabled? Apparently his E was stunning people or something? I'm sad I didn't break out my Jungle Darius.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

She's already been nerfed, this is her nerfed state, lol.

Did anyone get a chance to play Darius before he got disabled? Apparently his E was stunning people or something? I'm sad I didn't break out my Jungle Darius.

When you pulled people they got like stuck near you for a short period. It was hard to tell if it was a root or a stun, I think sometimes I got AA'd but not always. It basically made it impossible to avoid getting hit with his full combo if he landed E, even if you tried to flash.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Now that riot's actually trying to bring khazix up to par again, its time to make a suggestion.

Make Ohmwrecker's turret disable also enable isolation under turrets. :buddy:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tired Moritz posted:

just walk up and punch her she's fragile as hell

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah if you hate any particular ADC now is a great time to just repeatedly kill them with impunity on your favorite bruiser or tank who takes smite, be it in top lane or the jungle.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

When you pulled people they got like stuck near you for a short period. It was hard to tell if it was a root or a stun, I think sometimes I got AA'd but not always. It basically made it impossible to avoid getting hit with his full combo if he landed E, even if you tried to flash.

Yeah, his win rate spiked to 60% with the patch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Right when the patch landed I got absolutely destroyed by a Darius in lane and had no clue why. Well it's good to know that at least it makes sense now. I wondered how he was doing so much damage whenever he was able to pull me in.

Edit: Just browsing champion.gg, Kassadin's win rate is hilarious. They need to completely re-work that champ to not be so feast or famine.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 28, 2015

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sexpansion posted:

Right when the patch landed I got absolutely destroyed by a Darius in lane and had no clue why. Well it's good to know that at least it makes sense now. I wondered how he was doing so much damage whenever he was able to pull me in.

Edit: Just browsing champion.gg, Kassadin's win rate is hilarious. They need to completely re-work that champ to not be so feast or famine.

Anytime Kass is good the game is gonna be not fun for at least one team.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

exethan posted:

But then you're stuck playing jungle loving jax

Jungle Jax is a fixed epithet. Please don't break it up like that.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

98% ban rate, never forget

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Luna Was Here posted:

It's probably on a top 5 list of goon summoner names

I don't get it either

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Higsian posted:

imo Wukong is a lot easier to play if you can identify good initiation opportunities. He is one of those champions who has an inflated winrate because his kit is straightforward and benefits from using all of your abilities on cooldown on any target and includes passive benefits for grouping up (ulti and free tank stats). It's hard to gently caress up his kit.

Irelia is better at outplaying people 1v1 and assassinating backline targets in teamfights, but takes a fair bit of practice in understanding how her kit works with a conditional stun and estimating damage and lifesteal.

If you like playing teamfight oriented games, play wukong. If you like feast or famine games where you can get fed and strap your team on your back by being able to murder the enemy team's carries while their tanks helplessly waddle after you, go with Irelia.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wow, people are even drophacking gold games now. good poo poo man.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Holy gently caress I am sick of duo queue bot lanes. This particular one fed the enemy bot laner/jungle a collective 12 kills by 15 minutes, which puts us so far behind there is basically nothing we can do to recover.

The other three members of the team, including myself, all want to surrender the 10/31 game where we are down two dragons and six turrets, but our bot duo votes no and we end up dragging the game out another 15 pointless minutes of being unable to leave the base.

I really want to enjoy this game, but solo queue makes it really hard some times :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Lovechop posted:

wow, people are even drophacking gold games now. good poo poo man.

I always encountered more drophacking/botting in gold than I did in any other league. I think it's just the sweet spot between caring about winning and being bad at the game.

• Locked thread