Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
Well, we live in a society in which pre-faded and pre-ripped jeans are sold. Maybe pre-dinged cars are not far off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

Taxi drivers are poo poo the world over. When you take upon yourself to do a job, after a certain amount of years you're considered somewhat of a master at it in the eyes of others. I can only think of one single job where the longer you've worked at it, the shittier you get and that's taxi driver.

They only seem bad because you think that a taxi driver's job is to drive. Here, the job they get better at is usually to skim debit cards.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

xzzy posted:

I think a fitting punishment would be giving the truck owner a baseball bat and ten seconds with dude's completely forgettable "restored" BMW.

I liked the restored part. My buddy was curious so he dug through the guys posts and it seems the extent of the "restoration" was getting it painted at the Canadian equivalent of Maaco.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Hikaki posted:

Well, we live in a society in which pre-faded and pre-ripped jeans are sold. Maybe pre-dinged cars are not far off.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/chameleon/2859849

SNL predicted it a long time ago. And RIP Phil Hartman

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 27, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Uthor posted:

Speaking of parking, check out this selfish rear end in a top hat:
http://www.biebuzz.com/2015/06/traffic-wardens-in-new-york-give-car.html

In other news, here's a guy who parked in a handicap spot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmpsJej64f8

I hope the cops issued him another citation for littering.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

IOwnCalculus posted:

and I really don't know what laying on your horn the entire time while stopped was supposed to accomplish.

I think doing this is pretty good actually. No one likes to be beeped at, and if they know they've done something wrong, keeping the horn going just ramps up the embarrassment. Kind of like following around a confessed fornicator with a bell ringing it and crying out "shame! shame!"

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Or they don't know they're in the wrong and think you're beeping at them for not doing something.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

bigman.50grand posted:

I was thinking along the lines of a more ironic, Twilight Zone type justice. Like, tomorrow he wakes up in a universe without parking lines, or a society in which door dings are desirable.

He wakes up and the Nazis won WWII and now everyone drives BMWs and he is not a special snowflake and also the Nazi parking lot enforcement has given him so many tickets they have revoked his license.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Some of the Sheep posted:

I think doing this is pretty good actually. No one likes to be beeped at, and if they know they've done something wrong, keeping the horn going just ramps up the embarrassment. Kind of like following around a confessed fornicator with a bell ringing it and crying out "shame! shame!"

My horn is now solely used for people distracted by their phones. I don't know if they understand why I'm laying on the horn, but surely it is better to have them looking around and wondering than lost in facebook @65 on the highway.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I registered at that BMW forum to try to see that parking post last night. Today I get up and find out my account had been banned for spam before I had even logged into it after registering...

My question is, how did they know so quickly? Is one of y'all an admin?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

nsaP posted:

I registered at that BMW forum to try to see that parking post last night. Today I get up and find out my account had been banned for spam before I had even logged into it after registering...

What email service did you use?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Uthor posted:

I had a coworker who's girlfriend at the time (now wife) would park in front of his neighbors house when the spot in front of his was taken and the neighbor would call the police on the "suspicious vehicle" parking there. Eventually the cops told the neighbor to gently caress off as she doesn't own the spot.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

revmoo posted:

What email service did you use?

Gmail

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

nsaP posted:

Maybe they're getting so much flack from that dumbass and being spammed and trolled by new users that they're just banning any troublesome or suspicious all new users. Though it they were going to be that indiscriminate against new users, maybe they should have closed registration instead. :downs:

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

nsaP posted:

They probably thought you were some kind of sleeper account that would come to life in weeks to spam. But it's hard to distinguish a regular user from a malicious one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

waffle iron posted:

it's hard to distinguish a regular user from a malicious one.
On a marque-specific car forum? :monocle:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Did you take the user name "Spammy McSpammerstien"? That's probably your problem.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So apparently I missed the memo where having a child in your car is a get out of jail free card for all and any bad driving. Just had a guy in a BMW 5 series aggressively pull out of a parking space right in front of me, and when I pointed at my mirror he pointed to the 7-9 year old kid in his back seat, as if that made it OK to floor it while backing out of a parking space without bothering to check for traffic first.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 27, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

These are the people I share the road with.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/06/27/suv-crash-cicis-wylie-texas-driver-injuries/29414545/

A Nissan SUV drives all the way through a CiCi's Pizza. Front plate-glass window to rear wall. Apparently several people were injured!

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Well, I think I had my "buy a dashcam" moment last night. I was driving home, following a couple in a Mustang GT down a long hill. About 2/10 of a mile from the bottom of the hill, my direction expands to 2 lanes for left turning traffic since most people go left.

The Mustang stayed right, and I went left to make the turn. I was going a little faster than him, so I started passing. As the nose of my car got alongside his rear quarter panel, he puts his signal on and starts merging. I braked and moved as left as I could in my lane, expecting him to either notice and swerve or maintain speed and get ahead of me. No big deal either way.

What I didn't expect was for him to brake hard and swerve into me. The oncoming lane was empty, and I ended up braking hard enough to trip the ABS and dove across to the opposite shoulder. He did the same, and we ended up maybe 3 inches apart, him nose first against the hill and me still facing downhill. Almost t-boned the dude. No one hit anything, cars didn't touch, so I figure we're good. He starts waving me over like it's time to have a chat or something, so I got the gently caress out of there because who knows what he wanted. I think I still have bits of seat stuck in my rear end crack.

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

you ate my cat posted:

Well, I think I had my "buy a dashcam" moment last night. I was driving home, following a couple in a Mustang GT down a long hill. About 2/10 of a mile from the bottom of the hill, my direction expands to 2 lanes for left turning traffic since most people go left.

The Mustang stayed right, and I went left to make the turn. I was going a little faster than him, so I started passing. As the nose of my car got alongside his rear quarter panel, he puts his signal on and starts merging. I braked and moved as left as I could in my lane, expecting him to either notice and swerve or maintain speed and get ahead of me. No big deal either way.

What I didn't expect was for him to brake hard and swerve into me. The oncoming lane was empty, and I ended up braking hard enough to trip the ABS and dove across to the opposite shoulder. He did the same, and we ended up maybe 3 inches apart, him nose first against the hill and me still facing downhill. Almost t-boned the dude. No one hit anything, cars didn't touch, so I figure we're good. He starts waving me over like it's time to have a chat or something, so I got the gently caress out of there because who knows what he wanted. I think I still have bits of seat stuck in my rear end crack.

"HOW DARE YOIU OVERTAKE ME ON THE RIGHT! UAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nsaP posted:

BMW owners are experts at imagining problems where none exist.

Either that or the forum's Check Posters Light went off from a loose gas cap and the dealer charged them $2650 for a poster flush and refill.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
The most brutal road rage I have ever seen. I have been warned about driving in Turkey

Warning: It is a road rage video that turns into a snuff film
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a19_1435429175

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

N is for Nipples posted:

These are the people I share the road with.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/06/27/suv-crash-cicis-wylie-texas-driver-injuries/29414545/

A Nissan SUV drives all the way through a CiCi's Pizza. Front plate-glass window to rear wall. Apparently several people were injured!

Right next to my town too.

Luckelly, it was a cici's pizza, so the driver did the community a service. He'd be a hero if it wasn't for the injuries.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

B4Ctom1 posted:

The most brutal road rage I have ever seen. I have been warned about driving in Turkey

Holy poo poo that's some straight up gta level poo poo. Except with actual people.

(Phone posting)

Solar Coaster fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 28, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

B4Ctom1 posted:

holy gently caress

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

nsaP posted:

It's Bimmerforums, they ban for no reason all the time. My account has three posts on it, all little random stuff and nothing even remotely questionable, but it's banned forever with no reason attached. They didn't respond when I asked about it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

wolrah posted:

but it's banned forever with no reason attached. They didn't respond when I asked about it.

Well of course they're not going to signal

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Well of course they're not going to signal

:vince:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

B4Ctom1 posted:

The first shot, ok, I can *almost* get that if you felt threatened enough, but the follow up to make sure he's dead, and then chasing the other guy down and straight up executing him too? Yea, that guy's going to get aggravated life imprisonment (Turkey doesn't have capital punishment). Video description says that he turned himself in.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Locator posted:

The first shot, ok, I can *almost* get that if you felt threatened enough, but the follow up to make sure he's dead, and then chasing the other guy down and straight up executing him too? Yea, that guy's going to get aggravated life imprisonment (Turkey doesn't have capital punishment). Video description says that he turned himself in.

Maybe he just really loves receiving anal sex and didn't want to come out as gay.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Just an average day in Copenhagen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHayGPET78

(Not my video)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

KozmoNaut posted:

Just an average day in Copenhagen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viHayGPET78

(Not my video)

Lights are suggestions in Denmark, apparently.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Another trip to Dallas and back completed, it was a hell of a lot better than I-35 around last Thanksgiving and Christmas. Apparently keeping my cruise control set just confuses the poo poo out of other drivers, too many cases of getting passed by someone who immediately slows down. Only two incidents really stood out this trip.

I was approaching a semi tailgating a another truck and signalling to pass. The semi was a long distance ahead of me, and the left lane was completely empty. It took a couple minutes for me to get close to the truck, the lane was available, he was signalling, he had his chance to switch lanes without interfering. Instead the dipshit in the semi swerved in front of me at the last moment, braked hard, and then flipped me off after he got back in the right lane.

Another notable incident occurred near the end of the George Bush Turnpike, there was almost no traffic on the road. Every couple miles I would come up on a truck in the right lane so I chose to stay in the 2nd lane from the left. Apparently that pissed off a bald guy in an Aston Martin Ford Fusion who came flying up behind me signalling morse code with his headlights and honking his horn. He got up close enough I could no longer see his headlights or any of his hood, then finally passed me on the right, then cut me off and brake checked only to immediately switch to the right lane to exit a half mile later. Being passive aggressive might be a bad idea, but if someone comes up behind me flashing their lights and honking when there are three other empty lanes I choose not to do anything to reward their bad behavior.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

On the other hand, you could've just moved right like you were supposed to before he came up on you, because "oh I have to change lanes to overtake a truck every few minutes" is not a huge burden.

Traffic just works so much better when everyone moves right whenever possible.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

PT6A posted:

On the other hand, you could've just moved right like you were supposed to before he came up on you, because "oh I have to change lanes to overtake a truck every few minutes" is not a huge burden.

Traffic just works so much better when everyone moves right whenever possible.
I'm a big fan of flash to pass, but it's really only for the left lane and mayyyybe situations when one driver forces another driver to have no option to pass.

Neither criteria were met for that if he was in the middle lane with the left lane empty.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 29, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Krakkles posted:

I'm a big fan of flash to pass, but it's really only for the left lane and mayyyybe situations when one driver forces another driver to have no option to pass.

Both criteria aren't met for that if he was in the middle lane with the left lane empty.

I'm not saying the other driver wasn't a huge dick as well, but people shouldn't be hanging out in any lane if they can move right, IMO.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
On the bike, flashing to pass really works. In the car I find that it simply inspires road rage. I've not been able to figure out why. And to make it even more confusing, I discovered that turning the high beams on and leaving them on actually works without the road rage. There must be some deep-seated psychological explanation why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
http://i.imgur.com/Mtm8523.webm