Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Why is there always that level 20 sniper that gets 0 kills and only 100 points?

Like without fail.

Charger players are either savants that are miserable to play against or worthless fucks that are miserable to play with. Snipers actively make the game worse for everyone that isn't them in every shooter. Though at least in Splatoon the inclusion of sub abilities and specials forces them to do something other than sit on a ledge and miss every shot the entire round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or you just double behind them and Splet them in the back on Ranked Skatepark like I may have just had happen. With a Carbon Roller.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 28, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Charger players are either savants that are miserable to play against or worthless fucks that are miserable to play with. Snipers actively make the game worse for everyone that isn't them in every shooter. Though at least in Splatoon the inclusion of sub abilities and specials forces them to do something other than sit on a ledge and miss every shot the entire round.

I have felt like both in the same game before fwiw

"Wow I just got 6 kills in a row then died 6 times in a row to the same dude the same way."

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

To whomever asked yes A ranked people are generally hardcore but as lemming said you said have some stupid poo poo go down. I'm also willing to give people some slack cause if I'm not using the splattershot I am just not remotely as good but how else are you gonna practice splat zones with a different weapon?

I'm waiting for those slow rollers to get their ranged reduced a tad that poo poo is stupid

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like without fail.

They probably sailed to 20 on aerospray easy mode and now have no idea how other guns work.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like without fail.

Trying out a new weapon.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They probably sailed to 20 on aerospray easy mode and now have no idea how other guns work.

Or that.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like without fail.

That's me.

I usually play Blaster, but sometimes I think, "I'm gonna try out charger!"

And then I try out charger and I'm That Guy.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Just going to throw this out there, but if you want to semi-coordinate games, and generally laugh at people going through fences with the kraken, join #splagoons.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hey Bobman I caught up to your Squid Kid after the match.

We hung out for a bit.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Please consider that the cat ink is the colour of delicious tomato soup, just like mom used to make and andy warhol used to immortalize in museums, while the dog ink is the colour of toothpaste.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Warhol killed Basquiat, he is nothing to be proud of.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
EDIT: wrong thread

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Akarshi posted:

That's me.

I usually play Blaster, but sometimes I think, "I'm gonna try out charger!"

And then I try out charger and I'm That Guy.

I don't mind if the charger is learning, it's more the 100 point thing as you should get that in like... 5 shots. Today I tried the charger out for the first time and while I wasn't doing too hot I at least wound up with 600-900 points each time.

Also if I ever respawn and see my teammate running to the fight I always get a bad feeling... like they aren't using squid form just aiming at the ground and dashing. I'm used to seeing them only get like 20 points every time somehow and then I have to remind myself that literal children are playing this candy colored game too.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't mind if the charger is learning, it's more the 100 point thing as you should get that in like... 5 shots. Today I tried the charger out for the first time and while I wasn't doing too hot I at least wound up with 600-900 points each time.

Also if I ever respawn and see my teammate running to the fight I always get a bad feeling... like they aren't using squid form just aiming at the ground and dashing. I'm used to seeing them only get like 20 points every time somehow and then I have to remind myself that literal children are playing this candy colored game too.

Yeah, you can ink huge rectangles easily with a Charger and if you don't have someone to shoot right at that instant you should be doing that.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
What a lot of people don't seem to realize about Chargers is that you don't have to fully charge them for every single shot. You can cover a fair bit of ground just by mashing the fire button and strafing; hell, you can kill people this way if they're up in your face.

...I just wish all the rounds I'd seen this didn't consist of the lovely Charger on my team and the competent Charger on the other team. :shepicide:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SL the Pyro posted:

What a lot of people don't seem to realize about Chargers is that you don't have to fully charge them for every single shot. You can cover a fair bit of ground just by mashing the fire button and strafing; hell, you can kill people this way if they're up in your face.

...I just wish all the rounds I'd seen this didn't consist of the lovely Charger on my team and the competent Charger on the other team. :shepicide:

Don't forget your teammates outright ignoring said charger because they gotta ink the zone and whoops that's half of it re-inked for their side with one charged splat.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I voted Team Rock because I figured Pop would be full of six year olds but I just considered that maybe Rock would be full of six year olds who think they're badasses

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

A roller Nice!'d me when I inked a path up the bad guys' wall for him in Bluefin with my Splatterscope. Nice to be appreciated sometimes. :3:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't forget your teammates outright ignoring said charger because they gotta ink the zone and whoops that's half of it re-inked for their side with one charged splat.

How could I possibly? I'm always the one who has to sneak around behind the enemy base and backstab the charger in question.

One round I had 10 or so kills and over half of them were the sniper that was picking my whole team off. Still lost in overtime because my team still didn't appreciate the life lesson of not walking into the splat zone when a laser sight is pointed at it. :downsgun:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 28, 2015

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It seems like people have kind of settled on either Cold-Blooded or Ninja Squid as a shirt perk, but I'd like to throw in a good word for Haunt. It lets you contribute to the team even in death, and knowing your splatter is getting punished with a radar target really relieves that sense of frustration.

And since there's no "watch out!" message on the d-pad, it's literally the only in-game way to warn your teammates about some sneaky pete who just ambushed you from somewhere unexpected, so that's nice.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 28, 2015

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I don't play this game for like a week and everyone is lv20 and has ridiculous skills and I'm just kind of like "pew pew pew *dies*" every 10 seconds. Does not bode well for my participation in #TeamDog

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bown posted:

I voted Team Rock because I figured Pop would be full of six year olds but I just considered that maybe Rock would be full of six year olds who think they're badasses

The only thing that's gonna pop on Sunday is the Squids who didn't choose to Rock out :rock:.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
To anyone who has played in a splatfest: do you have to wear the splatfest tee during? Should we bother leveling it up since we lose it after?

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
I think it's worth grinding so that you've got all the skills unlocked going in. Presumably that's why they give it to us early

E: yeah you have to wear is during

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
Anyone on youtube putting out regular or semi-regular Splatoon content that isn't insufferable to watch? Most of the people I'm subbed to aren't really posting many videos about it and occasional random searches haven't been kind to me.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

It seems like people have kind of settled on either Recon or Ninja Squid as a shirt perk, but I'd like to throw in a good word for Haunt. It lets you contribute to the team even in death, and knowing your splatter is getting punished with a radar target really relieves that sense of frustration.

And since there's no "watch out!" message on the d-pad, it's literally the only in-game way to warn your teammates about some sneaky pete who just ambushed you from somewhere unexpected, so that's nice.

I find it's a good idea to not rely on skills that only work when you're bad at the game :smug:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

"I'm going to pick all my skills based on the assumption that I'll never die" -a wannabe superhero whom let down him team

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BattleMaster posted:

Yeah, you can ink huge rectangles easily with a Charger and if you don't have someone to shoot right at that instant you should be doing that.

That's what I do, find a perch and paint the town. The only downside is that it leaves a "this is his range" boundary.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Supercar Gautier posted:

Pretty sure if you push c'mon or booyah right after you get splatted it still pings the map where you died

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there any charger pack with mines yet? Not the best sub, but could be handy when folks try to dislodge you.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Is there any charger pack with mines yet? Not the best sub, but could be handy when folks try to dislodge you.

The New Squiffer has mines and the Inkzooka.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Was on a team full of paint Rollers again but each one was a different type. I had the regular one, there was a Carbon, Kraken, and Gold Dynamo. We won with
1st Regular
2nd Gold Dynamo
3rd Carbon
4th Kraken

Made me wish I was using the Hero one. Why the hell did I buy it if I forget to even use it?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Did the Kraken roller spend all their time inking strategically useless areas to build meter

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Well, I tried.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
I've got my own results board story to share, too.
2v4 halfway through, still get a win. Sorry if it's potato quality, I wasn't expecting to actually get the win.

EightFlyingCars posted:

Well, I tried.
-pic-

I don't think I could ever do that well with a charger. Sorry that the rest of your team wasn't able to keep up.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

gameface posted:

I've got my own results board story to share, too.
2v4 halfway through, still get a win. Sorry if it's potato quality, I wasn't expecting to actually get the win.

I don't think I could ever do that well with a charger. Sorry that the rest of your team wasn't able to keep up.

I spent the match holding down mid waiting for my teammates to super jump to me so we could get a push going, but none of them ever did. :v:

Awesome work on your win though! Pulling that out as a roller is even more impressive! You must have played out of your mind!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EightFlyingCars posted:

Well, I tried.

You should deadlift more, that way you can carry your horrible teammates better.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

You should deadlift more, that way you can carry your horrible teammates better.

Two of them were still pretty low level, so they're probably just new. I remember when I was level 10. It was rough! :v:

The more I play the more I'm convinced there's no such thing as team carry in this game. If your other teammates are really that bad, you aren't gonna win. Especially on maps like dome!

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It's not likely, but it is possible. We started one member down in a match earlier today and wound up losing like 46% to 45.4% or something ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

http://ex-mo-3.tumblr.com/post/122618569755/hardman5509-thelordcommander -> you tried

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 29, 2015

• Locked thread