Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

The Unholy Ghost posted:

It would have been really sad/funny if Sadao had actually been around when all this poo poo was going down. Either he would have insisted on coming along with the Crusaders as the loser without a stand, or he would have been forced to just sit and watch as his wife was suffering.

Or he got sufficiently pissed enough to suddenly manifest a Stand. Unless that's impossible (I haven't read past Part 3 and was put off of 4 due to Duwang).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Stands are either something you're born with or something you obtain via various mystical means. A regular person will basically never get one.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder if Sadao is a huge man, too, or if his son is twice is size

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

BlitzBlast posted:

Stands are either something you're born with or something you obtain via various mystical means. A regular person will basically never get one.

this is actually untrue but i'm not gonna get into any details

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Wow, it's sad that it took me a minute to remember who Sadao was from just this page.

Understandable, but sad. :stare:

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

setafd posted:

The bigness is all from the Joestar side of the family.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

setafd posted:

Given part 3's artstyle he'd be a huge muscleman with tire shoulders like everybody else.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Take this with a grain of salt, but this was just posted by apparently an animator from part 3 on Twitter (spoiled for Part 4 events)

Here's the Twitter account but atm the tweets are protected.

The end of part 3 forced me to read part 4 and now I want it to be animated WAAAY more than I wanted before. Please be true. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They probably did but it doesn't mean too much. An animator drew three Part 5 characters during SC's season run too.

Their avatar is a cracking "Jotaro with a johnny in his mouth" too.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Xibanya posted:

I want to see the photo that was allegedly taken of the voice actors in those poses.

I believe this is it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a different one which is the one they were talking about, I believe, but the chick isn't sat on Joseph's VA's lap like Iggy is even in that one.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Aurain posted:

There's a different one which is the one they were talking about, I believe, but the chick isn't sat on Joseph's VA's lap like Iggy is even in that one.

I wanted to believe the chick was Joseph's VA and Iggy was off to the side.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Waffleopolis posted:

Take this with a grain of salt, but this was just posted by apparently an animator from part 3 on Twitter (spoiled for Part 4 events)

another part 4 post :getin:
https://twitter.com/shura1016/status/614800130412163072

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Waffleopolis posted:

Here's the Twitter account but atm the tweets are protected.

The end of part 3 forced me to read part 4 and now I want it to be animated WAAAY more than I wanted before. Please be true. :(

Kuvo posted:

another part 4 post :getin:
https://twitter.com/shura1016/status/614800130412163072
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable confirmed for the Fall anime season

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those/There are Japanese fans drawing them as a sign they want Part 4. Not to poo poo on the parade, but it's also good news because it means there's a movement over there to get DiU too.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I want to believe.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Everyone, raise up your hands to give DavidPro your power.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

\o/

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

hoobajoo posted:

\o/

take it all guys take it all

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

\o/

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Started reading part four last week.

\o/.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
\o/

Because the anime was how I was introduced and I don't want to break that streak.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
\o/

Halfway-ish through Part 4 right now.

Part 4 is good.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
\o/

Yeah... Part 4 is pretty awesome so far. I'm only up to the rat fight after starting last night, I'm hooked.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
\o/

Praise the Pompadour

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

You thought it was David Productions making Part 4, but it was me, DIO!

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

serebralassazin posted:

Started reading part four last week.

\o/.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Chris Squire, Bassist and Co-Founder of Yes, Dies at 67
:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

\o/

Halfway-ish through Part 4 right now.

Part 4 is good.

Part 4 is [ GREAT ].

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I started reading part 4 last Friday. So good :swoon: .

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I need Part 4 to be adapted for the health of my soul

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
\o/

Do it you fuckers, OR THE ENTIRE ANIME INDUSTRY IS GOING TO DIE!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm raising something else in support of Part 4 right now and it's not safe for work, so instead, here's a valentines card I made this year to give to your special someone next year.

e: Also, don't search for "JoJo Valentines" or very similar variations of that if you like being spoiler free.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 28, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Getting a card like that would be a pretty funny valentine.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
My favourite is still the "You though this card was from your Valentine, but it was from me, Dio!"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sekkira posted:

You thought it was David Productions making Part 4, but it was me, DIO!

More slo-mo than a Zack Snyder movie.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
And now I've finished Part IV.... do Part 5 and up have good translations yet, or have I reached the end of readable Jojo?

I gotta say, I really like the oloured version... I think I only read like 3 or 4 chapters in the entirety of Part 4 in black and white. I like Araki's art, but it can be a little confusing sometimes and the colours really bring out the details.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Prison Warden posted:

And now I've finished Part IV.... do Part 5 and up have good translations yet, or have I reached the end of readable Jojo?

I gotta say, I really like the oloured version... I think I only read like 3 or 4 chapters in the entirety of Part 4 in black and white. I like Araki's art, but it can be a little confusing sometimes and the colours really bring out the details.

Skip to Part 7. It's a reboot so you don't have to worry about missing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prison Warden posted:

I gotta say, I really like the coloured version... I think I only read like 3 or 4 chapters in the entirety of Part 4 in black and white. I like Araki's art, but it can be a little confusing sometimes and the colours really bring out the details.

Part 5 is only partly re-translated, but Part 6 and 7 have full and solid translations out. The scanlation group Jojo's Colored Adventure has a full translation of the colored version of Part 6, but I'm not sure if one exists for the 7th part. Part 7 has much clearer art, though, so you don't need the colored scans nearly as much.

There's a Jojo Manga thread where your questions can be answered in better detail.

• Locked thread