Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
holy lol i dug up their editorial policy
http://seekingalpha.com/page/editorial_principles
  • they explicitly claim contributors are independent, and have total latitude in choosing stocks to discuss (i.e. seekingalpha's editors are not liable for their pump/dump scams)

• they don't ban coverage of otc / pink sheet / penny stocks (when could this ever be a legitimate topic?)

• the editors are not required to disclose their stakes in covered stocks (beacuse the contributors are independent wink wink nudge nudge)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

penny stocks/etc is good to point and say "look at this crazy poo poo"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

holy lol i dug up their editorial policy
http://seekingalpha.com/page/editorial_principles
  • they explicitly claim contributors are independent, and have total latitude in choosing stocks to discuss (i.e. seekingalpha's editors are not liable for their pump/dump scams)

• they don't ban coverage of otc / pink sheet / penny stocks (when could this ever be a legitimate topic?)

• the editors are not required to disclose their stakes in covered stocks (beacuse the contributors are independent wink wink nudge nudge)

lol wanna bet the guy that wrote that tried to short amd?

i think the worst part is though that when you go to google finance "news" about whatever you looked up from seeking alpha is usually the first thing you see on the right hand side

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
just more proof that google is poo poo piss trash garbage for buttholes

incidentally that is also the official name of microsoft's next os

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

just more proof that google is poo poo piss trash garbage for buttholes

incidentally that is also the official name of microsoft's next os

poo poo piss trash garbage for buttholes Update 1 With Bing! For Business

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Lmao

http://www.windowscentral.com/former-xbox-head-thinks-microsoft-should-have-released-xphone

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
idiot regrets correct decision

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

has he not heard of the n gage?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

has he not heard of the n gage?
he was j allard's boss, the better comparison is the kin

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the more I read about micorsof the more impressed I am that it is even a thing. It made real things at one point

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

It made real things at one point

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/06/microsofts-hololens-is-heading-to-the-space-station-tomorrow-on-spacex-crs-7-2/
oh cool a hololens is going to the space sta

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/06/spacex-falcon-breaks-up-during-iss-resupply-launch/
...oh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

microsoft marketing does it again

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Virion posted:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Virion posted:

jesus christ, again??

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Phoenixan posted:

jesus christ, again??

the free market does it again!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i see spacex as becoming the much-hated us postal service of the future

"yeah about that, your package blew up. if you purchased insurance, we'll help you file a claim"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Virion posted:

lol

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
microsoft smoke cloud

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

quote:

Microsoft’s HoloLens is heading to the Space Station tomorrow aboard SpaceX CRS-7

rip hololens

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hmm, maybe--and this is just a crazy thought--we shouldn't leave space travel to private industries run by visionary idiots like elon musk

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Phoenixan posted:

"yeah about that, your package blew up. if you purchased insurance, we'll help you file a claim"

woo privatization

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Phoenixan posted:

i get that a lot more from fedex which makes sense because private + hates unions

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
really, shipping things sucks no matter the carrier (ups keeps giving me poo poo that goes to other addresses for some reason), and i guess that'll just be a constant even in a space age future with moon colonies

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
here's a scary thought for you: fedex and ups are the best carriers. that's why they're huge

there are still little guys out there and man are they terrible

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
the company i work for primarily uses fedex, and i'd rank them as being p good mostly because when they have lost/destroyed poo poo, they didn't fight us too much on honoring the insurance

so we're p happy with that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well yes if you ship a lot they know they're going to lose something at some point and will gladly just pay out the 1% or less of shipments they lose

they just gently caress around with you on insurance if you're not a b2b account - you're just a money loser then after all.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

here's a scary thought for you: fedex and ups are the best carriers. that's why they're huge

there are still little guys out there and man are they terrible

amazon used to use lasership and they were consistently better than ups or fedex at getting poo poo here on time (early even) and undamaged

i dont think they use them anymore though, idk why

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

Set the background to a solid blue or black instead of a big retarded cat and post another screenshot, please

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

amazon used to use lasership and they were consistently better than ups or fedex at getting poo poo here on time (early even) and undamaged

i dont think they use them anymore though, idk why

as someone who is in the industry let me assure you that amazon uses everyone. they ship so much and in so many different ways (supplier > warehouse, customer > returns processing, warehouse > warehouse) that they use essentially every provider in the space sometimes including multiple ones on different legs

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

should you ever complain to amazon that they dont let you avoid ups should you live in an area served by a piece of poo poo for a driver, their customer service folk have been trained to tell you, without their voice cracking into sniggers and guffaws, that its a technological impossibility that they've not been able to solve, while on their home page at the same time are pr product spotlights about drone shipments, natural voice input syntax parsers and the mightyest cloud computing infrastructure in all of human history

but adding that checkbox to say, god no don't leave my box of vibrators, canned hams and xbox games in the hands of ups, is a horizon too far for even the aspirations of their space-faring ceo

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I dont remember ever being directly able to talk to mr amazon myself, just customer service reps who probably actually have no way of specifying the shipment method beyond regular prime and next day prime.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

that looks 10000x better

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

voicemail, so important in 2015 that it needs a unique shade of red so you always know where your voicemail is

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

shadow puppet of a posted:

voicemail, so important in 2015 that it needs a unique shade of red so you always know where your voicemail is

Oh its Verizon poo poo I cannot uninstall

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theultimo posted:

Oh its Verizon poo poo I cannot uninstall

carriers are such loving garbage lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
can you buy a winpho from the michaelsoft store and bask in an undiluted authentically digital mobile experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

can you buy a winpho from the michaelsoft store and bask in an undiluted authentically digital mobile experience?

Nope, I got mine direct from MS store with a diddled verizon experience. same with AT+T and T mobile, sadly only Apple says to carries dont gently caress with us.

• Locked thread