Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish the matches would at least try to balance teams by level or something. i consistently get put in teams with <lv.10 people vs a team of four lv.20s. gee i wonder whos gonna win

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
hope everyone's having a "fresh" day :)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wish the matches would at least try to balance teams by level or something. i consistently get put in teams with <lv.10 people vs a team of four lv.20s. gee i wonder whos gonna win

levels mean nothing so it's probalby anyoes game

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Splatoon Miiverse has done it again.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Splatoon miiverse is on average one of the best posters in the imp zone we should buy these kids accounts

Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

PATCH NOTES

take note sm4sh team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nerfing ninja squid and ninja jump is messed up. But I'm glad you can do something about leviathans other than just run away now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think it's good because I don't like that some abilities are so obviously better. I also like nerfing because I think the abilities should be only small benefits so they're not very important.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont pay attention to the abilities at all and just try to dress cool so im glad theyre toning down the only ones that make a difference

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah hopefully this leads to a little more variety in gear builds since ninja/ink-resist were pretty much must-haves.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like my shoes and my head gear, but I have yet to find a really cool shirt. I was using a flannel top for a while but it's summer, it's too hot for that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly they should just get rid of ninja jump and get rid of the marker for everyone, since in ranked mode 100% of ppl have ninja jump and it's dumb that you can see the marker anyway

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

In Training posted:

Honestly they should just get rid of ninja jump and get rid of the marker for everyone, since in ranked mode 100% of ppl have ninja jump and it's dumb that you can see the marker anyway

there should be a downside to jumping

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

100% of ppl definitely don't have it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
jumping should have disadvantages. Yuor ideas are stupid.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
wow, i bet squid kids in the combat zone definitely wouldn't notice another squid kid falling out of the sky in a graceful arc. whoa. where'd this dude come from. gently caress off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Christ I'm getting eviscerated by Splatoon trolls.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Borsche69 posted:

there should be a downside to jumping

naw it should be more powerful

in fact get rid of the cooldown completely so that instead of fire fights its just whoever gets caught off guard hitting the spawn jump button

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

levels mean nothing so it's probalby anyoes game

they dont but a level 1-5 person is gonna have less know-how than a level 20 player who at the very least knows how the maps flow and it sucks that the random assignment will often result in 4x lv.20s vs. a bunch of newbies

but you can get high level players who dont do poo poo and just try to snipe so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that only happens when people use the play with friends feature. I joined my friend the first night he played and I was matching up against level 1-4 players and smoking ppl

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
hanging back and sniping without inking your spawn or pressing advantages with your squadmates. now thats paper

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

Splatoon miiverse is on average one of the best posters in the imp zone we should buy these kids accounts

you dont know anything about good posting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is a good game that i just started playing

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

This preview of tower control has me pretty hype.

Plus the guy on steam has that 8 bit squid hat irl and I'm trying to figure out how I can steal it from him.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
pay spyke

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
did rainmaker unlock last night or was it just a direct preview.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

did rainmaker unlock last night or was it just a direct preview.

It was a preview for Tower Control not rainmaker. It will unlock in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lemming posted:

It was a preview for Tower Control not rainmaker. It will unlock in 1 hour and 40 minutes.

oh whoa i didn't know there was annother mode besides rainmake.r. splatoon really is goat.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Tower Control is not fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It looks cool, but I haven't played it yet

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dynamo roller is the splatoon's AWP

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Where is my personal "shut the gently caress up" button for Callie and Marie?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

OUT

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Slur posted:

Have some shame, dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Payload mode in Splatoon is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Payload mode in Splatoon is great

idk what payload is

• Locked thread