Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait yeah where would Josefumi even be on the family tree? Another hidden child like with Kyo Nijimura?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait yeah where would Josefumi even be on the family tree? Another hidden child like with Kyo Nijimura?

Either that or a descendent of one of the unnamed men and women on the family tree.

So he looks like (and has one of the kanji of) Josuke from part 4, his last name is Kujo, his first name is one character away from being Joseph... Gappy really is like practically every Jojo crammed together.

Edit: also Josefumi's eyes are the same as Crazy Diamonds I think

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

jojolion makes my head hurt, guys

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like Karera. I hope she doesn't get Aishou'd or something.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Guessing Josefumi is the sibling of whoever Jotaro's dad married in this universe. Man, he looks a lot like Josuke.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

He's not. Kujo isn't part of the Joestar family tree this go-round.

e: I missed the birthmark on Josefumi somehow. :psyduck:

Aurora fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 28, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Josefumi, however, became a Joestar after both men joined together and formed a sacred union as one.

So, Jo2uke's real name is Josefumi, he fights rock people, knows a Karera, fused with the son of Holly, is a Kujo, and has shared the look and appearance of OG Josuke.

That's a lot of Joestars.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 28, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Best Girl posted:

Josefumi, however, became a Joestar after both men joined together and formed a sacred union as one.

So, Jo2uke's real name is Josefumi, he fights rock people, knows a Karera, fused with the son of Holly, is a Kujo, and has shared the look and appearance of OG Josuke.

That's a lot of Joestars.

I was thinking it seemed obvious it'd be revealed Johnny was the other half of Josuke, but that's clearly not the case. But...whatever did happen to Johnny's remains?

Here's what I think: Gappy is literally every other JoJo. The name might have floated around, but there was no one whom we'd truly consider "a Joestar" until Kira and Josefumi became Josuke. He absorbed elements of Johnny's remains preserved in the Wall Eyes and became the sum of Johnny's potential descendents. The manga "skipped" everyone after Alt Jonathan, because Gappy is Alt Everyone After Jonathan.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 28, 2015

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm still reading part 6, and as such, haven't gotten to parts 7 or 8, and I'm reading these posts and part 8 sounds hosed up and I can't wait to get to it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

WickedHate posted:

I was thinking it seemed obvious it'd be revealed Johnny was the other half of Josuke, but that's clearly not the case. But...whatever did happen to Johnny's remains?

I'm sure Lucy and friends buried him or whatever. They were shown walking up to his body.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

So... maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't see how you get "Secchan" from "Kujo Josefumi."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Irisize posted:

So... maybe I'm just an idiot, but I don't see how you get "Secchan" from "Kujo Josefumi."
That's how.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

I'm sure Lucy and friends buried him or whatever. They were shown walking up to his body.

Oh, huh. My memory is really bad. I assumed the Wall Eyes swallowed him up for some reason.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Soccer bros's ability reminded me of Crazy Diamond with how the handcuffs broke into stone and reformed into the one guy's hands, as well as the cop's hand breaking off and then being reattached with the handcuffs on him. Which reminds me, I hope the previous stand users get some more fights, Nut King Cole and Born This Way are great stand powers!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Davinci posted:

I'm still reading part 6, and as such, haven't gotten to parts 7 or 8, and I'm reading these posts and part 8 sounds hosed up and I can't wait to get to it.

part 8 uis so drat good

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Davinci posted:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Can Of Worms posted:

Soccer bros's ability reminded me of Crazy Diamond with how the handcuffs broke into stone and reformed into the one guy's hands, as well as the cop's hand breaking off and then being reattached with the handcuffs on him.

Yeah, that really reminded me of Aqua Necklace's fate. Looks like he can dissolve anything with his left hand, which then reforms out of the rock on his right hand. Only it reforms with no regard whatsoever what is in the way, enabling him to fuse things... So, in a way, he can link together things in a crazy way? No idea. And I'm curious what the hell is going on with the weird zipperball...

Also, this chapter once more confirmed that Karera is awesome. The most parasitic bum to ever exist. She really does raise mooching off others to a new level. :allears: Her ability reminds me of a reverse Love Deluxe / Stone Free; I'm curious what some of the nastier applications could be. Have someone grow hair on the inside of their body? Dunno. So far, it seems like her Stand only grows perfectly normal hair...
Also, could this chapter mean she's not one of the Rockmen? After all, she was hanging with Kira and Not-Josuke, who - as far as we know - weren't Rockmen either. And the two soccerbros, who seem to be after her, definitely seem to be Rockmen. Then why does she fit into the naming scheme, and is a throwback to Kars? :psyduck: The mysteries!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Karrera was born into the wrong version of Morioh, she just wants to chill and live in the now.

Why did she know that he's Jose when he dresses and looks like Kira? She must not be aware of the way that they were combined or she would have deduced it immediately.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She just thinks he's regular old Josefumi because he looks similar, even though in her very own photo of Kira, Josefumi and herself, Kira looks more like current Gappy than ever before facially, not just clothing. She mentions it's weird that he's wearing Kira clothes and looks totally different though.

It's like Araki is informing us they're similar by her insistence that they're similar rather than them looking similar because they really don't, which is likely because of the artstyle.

I thought it was interesting that when it showed us the eye split up close this chapter, one half of Josuke's eye was white/unshaded like Kujo's as opposed to them being both regular colours.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, it's really odd that two characters DON'T look exactly the same in Jojolion.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Josefumi is arguably the closest an old character has ever looked like himself since the big artstyle change though, even considering the hair is different.

Which is sort of a problem of its own, considering Josefumi isn't actually Josuke.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I decided to re-read Jojolion a few days ago, and I was impressed again at how well it's done. The fights are super interesting and the horror movie feel is better than ever before.

Aurain posted:

She just thinks he's regular old Josefumi because he looks similar, even though in her very own photo of Kira, Josefumi and herself, Kira looks more like current Gappy than ever before facially, not just clothing. She mentions it's weird that he's wearing Kira clothes and looks totally different though.

It's like Araki is informing us they're similar by her insistence that they're similar rather than them looking similar because they really don't, which is likely because of the artstyle.

I thought it was interesting that when it showed us the eye split up close this chapter, one half of Josuke's eye was white/unshaded like Kujo's as opposed to them being both regular colours.

This really threw me. Kira was always drawn more angularly, and I think they use that face on the next pages. I was expecting Gappy's face to be an amalgam of the two faces, but, outside of the eyes and tongue, he really just looks exactly like Kira. Although, I guess since it's an old picture, maybe it's more precise to say he looks exactly like young Kira?

That reveal also shows that Gappy might have a completely new personality, rather than just being Josefumi. It's total speculation, but I base that on his dislike for Kira and Karera. Maybe it's just me though, I really appreciated the maid's speech about the combining fruits as calling Gappy a unique being.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
How the f was that one guy moving the ball like that?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the work of an enemy stand

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
But every Latin American and European can do that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

and who says that the population of latin america and europe can't be the work of an enemy stand?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The stuff that guy was doing with the footy was pretty tame compared to some things people can do.

Remi Gaillard's football videos are always enjoyable if you want to watch someone doing tricks with a football on the streets, by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZzJxWbWXtY

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Chris Squire, Bassist and Co-Founder of Yes, Dies at 67
:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjAgl1dQBk

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oops. Wrong thread. :v:

Edit: Shame to hear about that.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 28, 2015

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wrong thread. :v:

I feel it's entirely the right thread. Every thread shall mourn his death.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I mean that I posted in the wrong thread. I was responding to a Let's Play and had the wrong tab open.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here is a website version of that Araki doodle imgur album which is much more easy on the eye and better to navigate.

http://arakidoodles.com/all.html

e: While I was poring through it, here's the relevant Josuke one as of JJL 44.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 28, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Glad to see people in the anime thread reading Part 4.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Aurain posted:

Here is a website version of that Araki doodle imgur album which is much more easy on the eye and better to navigate.

http://arakidoodles.com/all.html

e: While I was poring through it, here's the relevant Josuke one as of JJL 44.

Oh wow, thank you to whoever runs that website!

Just glad to find all the tarot cards in b/w as HQ scans!

So beautiful!

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6S2Tj-3nmw

Chew

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no zeppelis in vento aureo was kind of a bummer

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

plenty of parts don't have Zeppelis though. Bruno/Abbacchio are at least the honorary ones for Part 5.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

minoru suzuki posted:

no zeppelis in vento aureo was kind of a bummer

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bruno can't be a Zeppeli. He didn't die when he was killed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU