Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

So far I love this game more than the previous ones. While Gotham is huge, there are poo poo tons of things to do. The combat and especially predator rooms are still loads of fun. Traversal with the grapnel and glide is more fun than ever, which is huge for me. I'm starting to like the Batmobile in Pursuit mode even though you destroy large chunks of the city in the process. Battle mode still feels way out of place and kind of a slog. The game looks great on PS4. The rain effects, neon lights, and the general design aesthetic for Gotham is jaw-dropping.

The story is fine so far, though I may have spoiled myself while still less than 30% complete with the main story missions. I went to the movie studio where all the people infected with Joker's blood are being held, picked up the freeze blast, and talked to Robin. But with Detective Mode on, he doesn't have any bones and appears like a figment of your fear-gassed imagination - like Joker. Hmmm.

Also I had no idea that Man-Bat was in this game so that particular appearance made me giddy.

I can tell I'm going to replay this several times on new game + and harder difficulties with different Batsuits. It's right up there with Ground Zeroes for making my PS4 purchase worthwhile.

No, he just has a suit that blocks your X-Ray vision. Some of the mooks get it later too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What about the Mr. Freeze fight from Origins?

Didn't like that fight as much, since the thugs made it a lot more annoying to set things up with him.

Also I didn't really like the Deadshot fight in Origins since it a even more annoying version of the Two-Face fight from AC, but with the added bonus of him being about to hit you from anywhere in the room if you are spotted. This wouldn't be too bad except when he near death you need to take him out without being spotted or you get a instant game over when he kills the hostage.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Asking again to be sure, but can I do the Riddler stuff post game or do I need to do it before the ending. I rather just have Gotham open post game and do the Riddler stuff slowly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Asking again to be sure, but can I do the Riddler stuff post game or do I need to do it before the ending. I rather just have Gotham open post game and do the Riddler stuff slowly.

There is an 'ending' and then a post-game where you need to a certain amount of stuff to get the real ending. There is also a 100% ending which requires all the Riddler stuff. If you get the real ending you can still go back and get the Riddler stuff afterwards.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

There is an 'ending' and then a post-game where you need to a certain amount of stuff to get the real ending. There is also a 100% ending which requires all the Riddler stuff. If you get the real ending you can still go back and get the Riddler stuff afterwards.

Do the endings stack or are they slightly different? I've pretty much just got Riddler stuff and the main plot left to do, but doing all the Riddle stuff is getting a bit monotonous, but I'd rather get a seamless 'complete' ending than have to repeat a boss fight or whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kin posted:

Do the endings stack or are they slightly different? I've pretty much just got Riddler stuff and the main plot left to do, but doing all the Riddle stuff is getting a bit monotonous, but I'd rather get a seamless 'complete' ending than have to repeat a boss fight or whatever.

The 100% ending is basically a post-credit scene added onto the regular ending. You can Youtube it without missing anything meaningful.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kin posted:

the endings stack, all you get for 100% completion compared to the other ending is an extra 20 second clip at the end

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Every time I see the Riddler I keep thinking he's voiced by and modeled after John Michael Higgins, but it's never him :(

Seeing him on the video screens looks completely different than when they show him in cutscenes. To me, at least.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Doc Morbid posted:

I made him fall down an escalator. Still my favorite takedown in this game.

Reverse DDT'd Two-Face on the top of the escalator like Sting and watched him ragdoll down the stairs. Non-lethally of course. Took him out first so he'd know he's the Bitch and I'm his Master. GOTY :allears:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skeezy posted:

You can do a big round up at the end after the first ending. The second ending with the complete 100% thing is totally up to you. You literally hit a button to start it. So you just don't hit the button to initiate Knightfall if you want to finish Riddler first. And see the full ending.

Real hurthling! posted:

Fell the same way. would have gladly sacrificed batmobile functionality for more unique content.

Yep. There's only 4 combat challenge maps. And one of them you don't even play as Batman! One sidequest disappointed me a little since it was a nice cliffhanger in City and the conclusion took all of 3 seconds in Knight.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The Dynamic Duo challenge map is fun enough for me at the moment to play over and over again. Can't wait for more though!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Yep. There's only 4 combat challenge maps. And one of them you don't even play as Batman! One sidequest disappointed me a little since it was a nice cliffhanger in City and the conclusion took all of 3 seconds in Knight.

Speaking of which does that quest play out differently if you save it for the post-game?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dishwasher posted:

Reverse DDT'd Two-Face on the top of the escalator like Sting and watched him ragdoll down the stairs. Non-lethally of course. Took him out first so he'd know he's the Bitch and I'm his Master. GOTY :allears:

Batman is a fan of wrestling. He also finished off heavy guys in Origins with an RKO and taught Dick to use a German suplex as his knockout smash.

The Duke posted:

The Dynamic Duo challenge map is fun enough for me at the moment to play over and over again. Can't wait for more though!

It's fun enough for me to have played it like 50 times, but I am still upset that there's not at LEAST the option to trade Nightwing for Robin and Catwoman. Or a Dual Predator map.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Harlock posted:

Seeing him on the video screens looks completely different than when they show him in cutscenes. To me, at least.

I agree, Riddler with glasses looks like a different person to the Riddler with goggles.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think I hate the Riddler's dialogue more than any other issue I have with this game. Why do they even present the puzzles if he starts giving you obnoxious pun-based hints after 30 seconds of standing in the room?

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
What brightness settings are you guys using on this? Darker seems to provide good ambiance, but maxing the brightness really makes the graphics pop. I'm on PS4 btw.

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
MANBAT!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

UP AND ADAM posted:

I think I hate the Riddler's dialogue more than any other issue I have with this game. Why do they even present the puzzles if he starts giving you obnoxious pun-based hints after 30 seconds of standing in the room?

Part of the Riddler's deal is that he can't not give out clues even when he tries not to.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Actually, who has the rights to make Spiderman games now? Wasn't there a thing a year or two back when Activision lost them and had to stop selling all the old poo poo Spiderman games?

I mean, there's no one to actually make a good Spiderman game, but I'd be interesting in seeing who attempts it next.

You might be thinking of the Deadpool game, which is no longer for sale. Activision put out Amazing Spider-Man 2 last year and it's still for sale on Steam.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Beenox is the current maker of Spider-Man games.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Pwnstar posted:

Part of the Riddler's deal is that he can't not give out clues even when he tries not to.

Yeah I guess that is his thing. Then they should have made executing them a little less facile, instead of having the elevator ride to and from the rooms take nearly as much time as the actual puzzle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can tell that Slade's voice actor is desperately trying to sound like "angry Ron Perlman" but it's just not working. Why not actually get Ron Perlman to do the voice?

UP AND ADAM posted:

That is literally the Riddler's character.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yeah I guess that is his thing. Then they should have made executing them a little less facile, instead of having the elevator ride to and from the rooms take nearly as much time as the actual puzzle.

Thats just disguising the loading.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It is also fully in character for the Riddler to spend more time taunting you than actually building puzzles.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Funky Valentine posted:

It is also fully in character for the Riddler to spend more time taunting you than actually building puzzles.

To be fair the rate at which he builds puzzles is pretty amazing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlestonJew posted:

So I've beaten the game and I've got a weird glitch going on. I've done all the Most Wanted missions except for Riddler, but whenever I fly out to that statue of liberty knockoff in the center of the city Deacon Blackfire and Jack Ryder are still there just hanging out. I can't interact with them or anything and if I try leaving the island everything becomes intangible and I just pass through everything until I restart. Doesn't seem game-breaking (yet) but it's still pretty weird.

Ah I've got the same thing in my game.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Steve2911 posted:

To be fair the rate at which he builds puzzles is pretty amazing.

Riddler is the ultimate example of "wow, this guy would be incredible if they didn't have so many issues".

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
For those of you that want to complete all the Riddler puzzles for the 100% ending make sure you don't go back up to the Airships after walking out of the movie studio. You'll be up there again for a mission anyway and if you go up there you can gently caress up your game objectives potentially locking you in the Batmobile with no way to get out and ending the game right there. I'll be sending in that bug note to them for sure. Luckily I was able to restore a previous save.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Riddler is the ultimate example of "wow, this guy would be incredible if they didn't have so many issues".

Also he'd be incredibly dangerous if he like, set a nuclear bomb to go off and then hid it's location behind 362 different clues. Instead of what he does now.

The end of his mission line is great if you've not gotten all of the stuff solved. Honestly, Batman should just cement over the little hatch he hides in and leave him there.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

iGestalt posted:

Also he'd be incredibly dangerous if he like, set a nuclear bomb to go off and then hid it's location behind 362 different clues. Instead of what he does now.

He could just do that and not leave clues behind. Dude's a good hider.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

He could just do that and not leave clues behind. Dude's a good hider.

You say that...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Discendo Vox posted:

Half of Batman's rogues gallery has that problem.

Mr. Freeze has perfected cryogenics for god's sake. Get his rear end to NASA.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish they'd make a thing where Penguin dropped his fake cockney accent when panicking.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Danny DeVito cameos as Penguin's real voice that only shows up when Batman's about to break every bone in his body.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Funky Valentine posted:

Half of Batman's rogues gallery has that problem.

Mr. Freeze has perfected cryogenics for god's sake. Get his rear end to NASA.

I'd say it's more than half. Most of them have mastered robotics. Bane could be a great chemist. Ivy could do wonders for the Earth if she tried as proven by this game.. It's a good 90%. You have to exclude Joker. Imagine a reformed Clayface. He could be the best actor ever.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

There was a comic where some henchmen working for the Riddler found one of his plans, and then decided to go through with it but skipping the part where they leave clues behind.

The heist went perfectly and they got off totally scot-free, never to be found out.

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Flytrap posted:

There was a comic where some henchmen working for the Riddler found one of his plans, and then decided to go through with it but skipping the part where they leave clues behind.

The heist went perfectly and they got off totally scot-free, never to be found out.

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

Riddler really is one of the best villains.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Harlock posted:

Every time I see the Riddler I keep thinking he's voiced by and modeled after John Michael Higgins, but it's never him :(

I hear him too. And David Cross.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm trying to deal with the checkpoint by the waterfront on Bleake Island. It's guarded by 2 large sentries and I have no idea how I'd get the Batmobile in there tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feenix posted:

I hear him too. And David Cross.

Strange, I can't unhear him as NPH.

• Locked thread