Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I am destined to be stuck on Ravana, I guess. This expansion has been a serious letdown between the ridiculous barrier to flight and somehow being completely unable to get seven people decent at this game together for an unchallenging boss fight.

And don't tell me to ask the guild, I've been completely ignored four loving times.

smash ko trolls guild chat relentlessly, then he can't find help from goons and acts surprised and innocent... :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Protip for any 50 weavers who are leveling up in HW: don't be like me and buy a huge stack of crawler cocoons thinking that they're what crawler cocoons (now silkworm cocoons) used to be.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Minrad posted:

smash ko trolls guild chat relentlessly, then he can't find help from goons and acts surprised and innocent... :chloe:

I would've helped if it wasn't smash ko.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
smash ko isn't even 53

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
smash ko rip

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

smash ko isn't even 53

Thankfully, he has been booted for lying about the entire situation.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm not Smash Ko, nor have I trolled the guild. I just think it's crazy that I've been asking for help since early access and ignored so often, even when I was persistently annoying. But yeah, that attitude doesn't help, I'll PUG it and suffer. Thanks.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

All the story content is easily puggable.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I'm not Smash Ko, nor have I trolled the guild. I just think it's crazy that I've been asking for help since early access and ignored so often, even when I was persistently annoying. But yeah, that attitude doesn't help, I'll PUG it and suffer. Thanks.

You annoy the poo poo out of people and then cry about it when people don't want to deal with you? You aren't making anybody here feel bad about themselves.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I've used random duty finder groups for all except one of the dungeons I've done this expansion and they've all gone near flawlessly except for a few wipes on Bismarck, maybe you should get good :smug:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Red Red Blue posted:

I've used random duty finder groups for all except one of the dungeons I've done this expansion and they've all gone near flawlessly except for a few wipes on Bismarck, maybe you should get good :smug:

This except completely unironically.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

FrancoFish posted:

You annoy the poo poo out of people and then cry about it when people don't want to deal with you? You aren't making anybody here feel bad about themselves.

onesixtwo posted:

DGKK or PBC? And is this four times of 'hey come help me do this trial' during FC rambling at whatever stupid bullshit, or did you actively annoy them until a group filled? It takes more than asking a single time for people to pay attention and or notice. Whenever I offer to help newbies on doing stuff, I usually take over asking in /fc for them since they are afraid to ask more than once every hour it seems. We don't mind spam, half of FC chat is white noise.

Annoy them until a group fills up. It can be, and does get done multiple times a day. Rage posting on the forums isn't really gonna get you much response other than 'ask the fc' because thats what literally everyone else does.

Really, there's no winning.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's ok to wipe a few times learning story content, really.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I've never had an issue getting goons to run poo poo with me. So.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Agreed, time to uninstall.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

There's a fundamental difference between the act of annoying people and being annoying

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Not for you, no.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you run out the timer on three separate groups on easy content everyone else one-shots, have you considered that the problem might be you?

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

lots of whining tho

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain collectibles and any changes made to gathering/crafting classes in the expansion to me like I'm a big, stupid baby?

Asking again for the new page.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Minrad posted:

Oh, and actually looking around Asyz Lla, there's some pretty obvious spoilers for what the 3.1 raid bosses will look like if you weren't paying close enough attention at the end of the MSQ.

http://imgur.com/a/vfL92

Statues carved in the likeness of the Warring Triad, the first three primals the Allagans bound who Archbishop Thordan woke up before you fight him. I'm sure the gigantic angel wings on the central tower don't mean anything... (Kefka's Tower raid confirmed :hellyeah:)

That's brought up in the ex primals story, so not so sure.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Hmmm.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Got the game, stayed up most of the night last night and Excalibur never opened up which is partly due to the expansion I am sure. The op mentions you can transfer over for about 20 bones, but can you only transfer over while servers are allowing for creation?

Basically I just wanna try this dumb game out :smith:

I'm fairly sure that transfer ignores character creation, because it's what I did to get on Excalibur. Try it and see what happens?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Where do you get Au Ra starting gear if you use a fantasia?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Really, there's no end to my whining.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Verranicus posted:

If the au'ra I see are any indication just consider Hempen Camise your starting gear.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Verranicus posted:

Same guy you turn items into for crafting leves in the main cities.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Verranicus posted:

Same vendor as the other racial gear. There's an importer or something in the main strip of uldah.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tsurupettan posted:

Same vendor as the other racial gear. There's an importer or something in the main strip of uldah.

Maisenta in New Gridania (Just NW of the Aetheryte), Bango Zango in Limsa (East of the Aetheryte) and Roarich in Ul'dah (Ruby Road Exchange).

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Minrad posted:

Oh, and actually looking around Asyz Lla, there's some pretty obvious spoilers for what the 3.1 raid bosses will look like if you weren't paying close enough attention at the end of the MSQ.

Statues carved in the likeness of the Warring Triad, the first three primals the Allagans bound who Archbishop Thordan woke up before you fight him. I'm sure the gigantic angel wings on the central tower don't mean anything... (Kefka's Tower raid confirmed :hellyeah:)

Those aren't statues...

:getin:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Minrad posted:

The last area in ARF is also called Triad Control. What's this about Thordan waking the Warring Triad up, though?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Minrad posted:

So someone pointed out that there's rocks shaped like Alexander at all the spots in the barrier where his head and his other arm will probably peek out.

http://imgur.com/a/6N9jN

:psyduck:

Alexander hasn't popped his arm out for me yet and I went to take a peak. Surprising absolutely nobody both sides have the shaped rocks.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

vOv posted:

The last area in ARF is also called Triad Control. What's this about Thordan waking the Warring Triad up, though?

The Allagan were using the Triad as a power source. He hosed with the controls to get more power. We killed him before he could eat them.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

vOv posted:

They are (possibly) powering the gigantic floating Allagan monstrosity in that zone, and they were used to build Dalamud. I'm hazy on the details already cuz god drat Heavensward dropped so much on you there from Asyz Lla onwards, but I think it's implied or more likely outright stated that Thordan was down there to awaken and enslave the Triad's power for his own uses

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

vOv posted:

The lead-in to the Bismarck/Ravana EX quests has the questgiver exposit that the Warring Triad statues actually literally ARE the Warring Triad who have been been sealed away by the Allagans, but that by using the energy of Azys Lla as part of his ascension the Archbishop has weakened their restraints and they're working to fully break free which would be disastrous. The additional impetus for killing Bismarck and Ravana again is apparently that having them around will speed up the Triad returning to life.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cheetah7071 posted:

If you run out the timer on three separate groups on easy content everyone else one-shots, have you considered that the problem might be you?

Even bad (non-healer) players can't wipe 7 above average people in the story primal fights unless actively trying to do so

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finally got lvl 60, only had to do 2 subquests in the final zone.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Even bad (non-healer) players can't wipe 7 above average people in the story primal fights unless actively trying to do so

Bismarck would be pretty hairy if a tank fell off.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Or a dps for that matter. It's actually a DPS check for people, I learned. I got it for my trial roulette and after five attempts of me herding them through the fight we had to abandon it since the DPS was sleeping or using i90 weapons I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

kirbysuperstar posted:

We had the main tank and a dragoon fall off during my bismarck run and we still managed to one-shot it somehow. I did wipe twice on Ravana before a friend and I managed to convince the DPS to stop tunnel visioning the boss and kill butterflies though.

• Locked thread