Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Skeezy posted:

I'm trying to deal with the checkpoint by the waterfront on Bleake Island. It's guarded by 2 large sentries and I have no idea how I'd get the Batmobile in there tbh

Disruptor drone sabotage upgrade makes quick work of these. The explosion usually knocks out more than half the goons as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skeezy posted:

I'm trying to deal with the checkpoint by the waterfront on Bleake Island. It's guarded by 2 large sentries and I have no idea how I'd get the Batmobile in there tbh

There are some you can't get the Batmobile to. You can get close and use an EMP or use the disruptor if you have the drone hack upgrade or silence once and fight in the other's blind spot. You have options.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flytrap posted:

There was a comic where some henchmen working for the Riddler found one of his plans, and then decided to go through with it but skipping the part where they leave clues behind.

The heist went perfectly and they got off totally scot-free, never to be found out.

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

didnt he reform for awhile and become sorta of Sherlock Holmes kinda detective.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Even though I have gripes with the Battle mode, the sound design for the Batmobile in general is great. The tire skids, engine revving, and the afterburner really make it fun to use in Pursuit mode. I still vastly prefer hopping rooftops and gliding, but I like how Gotham feels totally different when navigating at the street level than from the air. The music tracks that play when you're driving versus when you're on foot or in the air makes a big difference, too. Plus it looks gorgeous in motion and you really appreciate the visual design of the city when you're tearing through each district. I'm still only 25% toward total completion so maybe Battle will grow on me like Pursuit has, but I kind of wish Battle was scrapped in favor of something more fitting with the character like rescuing more civilians or something.

Still, ejecting out of the Batmobile at top speed and using the Batmobile takedown will never, ever get old.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ahahaha these AR Challenges are so broken.

Took down 10 cars in the Road Rage mission and I only got 1 star for it, even though I should have gotten 3

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Flytrap posted:

There was also the time when the Riddler himself tried to do it without riddles but found that he subconsciously left some behind without noticing. He ends up putting himself back in Arkham because he realizes that he actually is crazy.

Here's a link to that exact moment. It's from the BTAS comics.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9rO6g

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I am having a psychosomatic reaction to all the pollen and spores in the air post-cloudburst. My nose feels itchy and my eyes are burning.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Skeezy posted:

Disarm them so they explode upon seeing Batman?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

CharlestonJew posted:

Ahahaha these AR Challenges are so broken.

Took down 10 cars in the Road Rage mission and I only got 1 star for it, even though I should have gotten 3

It knocks off points when you get hit by incoming fire

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So I guess the AR challenges were Rocksteady's way of working challenge maps into the main game? I haven't done very many of them, and some of the ones I haven't gotten 3 stars on seem like they're better off tackling after I've leveled up more. I'm trying to get most of my upgrades through side missions and Riddler stuff since I'm still in the first third of the game.

I also feel dumb for not punching the glass in the evidence room. I just figured it was a callback and nothing more so I walked away.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

lelandjs posted:

Strange, I can't unhear him as NPH.

Riddler VA is an audio Rorschach!

Weird issue: I accidentally pressed Start (options on DS4) when I was looking at a skill I didn't have available yet (as in, I couldn't purchase it yet because I didn't have the connecting skill.). It was a 4 point skill. I had 4 points. Now I have zero points. And of course that skill is still unsought.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

JFC posted:

For those of you that want to complete all the Riddler puzzles for the 100% ending make sure you don't go back up to the Airships after walking out of the movie studio. You'll be up there again for a mission anyway and if you go up there you can gently caress up your game objectives potentially locking you in the Batmobile with no way to get out and ending the game right there. I'll be sending in that bug note to them for sure. Luckily I was able to restore a previous save.

I thought that was because you had the final part of the man bat mission active and took him out while the ground was unexplorable, thus locking you into a state where you had to return man bat to the police station but couldn't get access to the police station because of the gas?

Also is the pollen supposed to disappear after a while. I dunno if the patch did it or if it's just a time delay/progress thing but I'm at 80% and it's raining again.

Oh and has anyone figured out a sure fire way of getting riddler thugs to spawn? Hunting them out only to have to chase down one of the lovely cars is annoying.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dogen posted:

It knocks off points when you get hit by incoming fire

I ended with 10 points, I think it only takes time off when you get hit.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Kin posted:

I thought that was because you had the final part of the man bat mission active and took him out while the ground was unexplorable, thus locking you into a state where you had to return man bat to the police station but couldn't get access to the police station because of the gas

No, it was the airships that hosed everything up. When I went in there it was full of Arkham Knight's soldiers and Batman said something like "Looks like Sagg escaped. I need to take out these soldiers before I look for Stagg" Then Stagg gave me the part for my 'broken' Batmobile. This should only happen after the cloudburst event and when you are told to go up to the airships to confront Stagg, but since I went up there early it locked my Primary mission into "fix my broken Batmobile" which technically hadn't been broken yet. The fact that I captured Man-Bat just further complicated things. Either way it fucks up the mission sequence making it unable to progress the story; the Man-Bat thing just made me stuck in my car.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

SonicRulez posted:

You can do a big round up at the end after the first ending. The second ending with the complete 100% thing is totally up to you. You literally hit a button to start it. So you just don't hit the button to initiate Knightfall if you want to finish Riddler first. And see the full ending.

Yep. There's only 4 combat challenge maps. And one of them you don't even play as Batman! One sidequest disappointed me a little since it was a nice cliffhanger in City and the conclusion took all of 3 seconds in Knight.

I can't Start Knightfall until I finish Riddler But it sounds like other people can, what gives?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

JFC posted:

No, it was the airships that hosed everything up. When I went in there it was full of Arkham Knight's soldiers and Batman said something like "Looks like Sagg escaped. I need to take out these soldiers before I look for Stagg" Then Stagg gave me the part for my 'broken' Batmobile. This should only happen after the cloudburst event and when you are told to go up to the airships to confront Stagg, but since I went up there early it locked my Primary mission into "fix my broken Batmobile" which technically hadn't been broken yet. The fact that I captured Man-Bat just further complicated things. Either way it fucks up the mission sequence making it unable to progress the story; the Man-Bat thing just made me stuck in my car.

Ah, i thought you'd gone up there after the cloudburst.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt he reform for awhile and become sorta of Sherlock Holmes kinda detective.
Yep. Detective Nigma. Actually got hired by the Bat Family a few times.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

I ended with 10 points, I think it only takes time off when you get hit.

Is it the one where you have to kill armored vehicles? It does take off points when you get hit.... I am pretty sure.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Goddamn, Riddler got an ugly redesign for season 4. Trying way too hard to look like bald Frank Gorshin.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dogen posted:

Is it the one where you have to kill armored vehicles? It does take off points when you get hit.... I am pretty sure.

I know the one at the movie studio does take off points if you're hit because I inevitably get down to the last few drones before getting grazed by one of them.

Funky Valentine posted:

Goddamn, Riddler got an ugly redesign for season 4. Trying way too hard to look like bald Frank Gorshin.

Pretty much everyone but Scarecrow had worse designs in season 4 imo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dogen posted:

The one where you're in pursuit mode right? I do get hit a few times but in the end my final point tally is 10. Still only get 1 star.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Aquasnake posted:

I can't Start Knightfall until I finish Riddler But it sounds like other people can, what gives?

It works based on how many Most Wanteds you've completed. And of course you have to have finished the game and beat Scarecrow. If it doesn't work and you've done both things, you've encountered a glitch.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's actually super depressing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Pretty much everyone but Scarecrow had worse designs in season 4 imo.

And Harley, who looked exactly the same.

SonicRulez posted:

That's actually super depressing.

That it is.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I did not expect to feel sad for Riddler today.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Animated Series made you feel bad for everyone who wasn't the Joker.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

The one where you're in pursuit mode right? I do get hit a few times but in the end my final point tally is 10. Still only get 1 star.

That's the one I was talking about. I think you get 3 for the APCs and one for the humvee type things? I thought the -3 I was seeing when I got hit was score but I guess it could have been time. And you have to get 12 points for 3 stars.

I eventually got lucky and got a level roll stuffed with targets, was how I finished that one.

My biggest problem had been the straight up combat ones, but I reconfigured the controls to toggle battle mode as suggested and swapped battle mode and the 60mm on my mouse and that helped a lot. Also I got the double dodge upgrade last and probably should have picked it up earlier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is bludhaven supposed to be Newark, NJ? Brick City deserves better than lame old Nightwing.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

It works based on how many Most Wanteds you've completed. And of course you have to have finished the game and beat Scarecrow. If it doesn't work and you've done both things, you've encountered a glitch.

And you need to finish ALL of the Most Wanteds? I thought someone said earlier you just had to do all but one to initiate it, so that you didn't need to finish Riddler, and then you got a bonus scene when you got 100% and finished Riddler.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 29, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

is bludhaven supposed to be Newark, NJ? Brick City deserves better than lame old Nightwing.

Hey, Nightwing's pretty cool.

Just not in this game.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Real hurthling! posted:

lame old Nightwing.

Go away. Forever.

Aquasnake posted:

And you need to finish ALL of the Most Wanteds? I thought someone said earlier you just had to do all but one to initiate it, so that you didn't need to finish Riddler, and then you got a bonus scene when you got 100% and finished Riddler.

That's the way it's supposed to go. All but 1 unlocks the ability to do it. Doing Riddler and THEN pressing square gives you an ending with a bonus scene. Is that not what's happening? Pictures would help.

Also, as I play through NG+, Lucius says not to scratch the Batmobile because it's one of a kind. Why lie?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

It's supposed to be Atlantic City, I think?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I agree with whoever said there's way too many enemy variations in the game. Combat can be loving awesome but there are those moments where I'm presented with a ton of varied enemies and I fumble with which gadget does what.

That doesn't happen often though so more often then not combat owns.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like that whoever's voicing Lucius Fox is trying to do a "young Morgan Freeman" voice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeezy posted:

I agree with whoever said there's way too many enemy variations in the game. Combat can be loving awesome but there are those moments where I'm presented with a ton of varied enemies and I fumble with which gadget does what.

That doesn't happen often though so more often then not combat owns.

If you ever get confused just default to REC Gun. REC is pretty great as an all-purpose thing since even if it isn't the perfect counter it still will most likely do SOMETHING to the enemy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Also, as I play through NG+, Lucius says not to scratch the Batmobile because it's one of a kind. Why lie?

Maybe it's just a private joke between Bruce and Lucius.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

Go away. Forever.

That's the way it's supposed to go. All but 1 unlocks the ability to do it. Doing Riddler and THEN pressing square gives you an ending with a bonus scene. Is that not what's happening? Pictures would help.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zxLc8Ny/new It says 13/14, but when I count the completed ones there are 14, is this because I broke the sword

Dogen
May 5, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

I can only assume it's a wink and a nod thing.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I must have a broken brain or something because I really love the Batmobile in this game, at least when I'm just dicking around in free roam. I mean one minute you're just hanging out chilling then press L1 and BOOM your goddamn billion dollar jet engined sports car tank tornadoes onto the scene not giving a gently caress and saying hello by doing sick nasty drifts all over the goddamn place, disintegrating everything it touches. How could you not like that?

But there's one thing that does really annoy me.

Has anybody else noticed that if you're heading in a particular direction and you call for the batmobile, it always seems to spawn in and spin around so that when you get in and the momentum stops, you're always facing away from where you were headed... every single time?

It's a really small thing I know, but would it really have killed the devs to make the thing slide around just a liiiitle further so the on foot -> driving batmobile transitions could leave you facing where you started so the transition doesn't feel so jarring?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 29, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume, based on the fact that the new Batmobile is equipped with all the upgrades Lucius was literally inventing over the course of the night, that ti was something he literally just finished getting made, rather that waiting the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

If you ever get confused just default to REC Gun. REC is pretty great as an all-purpose thing since even if it isn't the perfect counter it still will most likely do SOMETHING to the enemy.

Definitely this. I was the one complaining about too many enemy types. Defaulting to the REC helps.

Aquasnake posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/zxLc8Ny/new It says 13/14, but when I count the completed ones there are 14, is this because I broke the sword

No, because I did too. Try just heading up to the GCPD rooftop and see if the Batwing is up there. Go to where the Bat Signal is. You may have encountered a glitch. I see you're playing the PC version. That'd explain why it might be glitchy. Or maybe the rules are different between PC and PS4.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, Nightwing's pretty cool.

Just not in this game.

Really? This is the best (or maybe just the most) he's been in the Arkham series. He shows up having already tracked down Penguin, proves himself capable of escaping capture even if Bats hadn't shown up, and leaves with Batman being certain that he can and will continue to handle Bludhaven. Ask Tim how hard it is to get Batman's respect.

• Locked thread