Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

In Training posted:

Everything should have a beach episode

Even MGS Peace Walker did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Frankly I'm disappointed Devil May Cry 3 doesn't have a beach episode.

Also I recently learned that the director of Devil May Cry 2, 3 and 4 was also a director on both of the Power Stone games, and Project Justice. That's cool.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

The beach episode of Berserk sure was a thing.

Berserk's not an anime

edit: Well it had an anime adaption but that doesn't count, saying that counts would be like asking why WW2 didn't have a beach episode

edit again: Wait World War 2 did have a beach episode, gently caress

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Brick Road is a very polite and well-mannered dungeon.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The beach episode of Berserk sure was a thing.

that chapter had mermaid titties so i'm p okay with it

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

CJacobs posted:

All anime-based media is legally required to have a beach episode or else the creators are fined like ten thousand dollars, it's actually kind of a bullshit law tbh

checks out for Avatar.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Everything should have a beach episode

I like Mario Sunshine too.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

Berserk's not an anime

edit: Well it had an anime adaption but that doesn't count, saying that counts would be like asking why WW2 didn't have a beach episode

:golfclap:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Steambot chronicles, my favourite game of all time, found a loophole in the beach episode clause by starting out on the beach, amnesia and all.

Actually that game was full of ownage variations on anime tropes. Including being an idol group that pilot robots. The played jazz music at lounges.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Berserk's not an anime

:holymoley:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
For a game that desperately wants to be an anime, I don't think Shogo: Mobile Armor Division has a beach episode. I don't think Oni does either, for that matter. Perhaps those designers were not as well-versed in anime as they believed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

For a game that desperately wants to be an anime, I don't think Shogo: Mobile Armor Division has a beach episode. I don't think Oni does either, for that matter. Perhaps those designers were not as well-versed in anime as they believed.
They were based off of 80's anime which had a dire lack of beaches.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
ironically, half life 2 has a beach episode

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

ironically, half life 2 has a beach episode

not ironic as hl2 is extremely anime

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Anime is not good you guys

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adam Bowen posted:

i think i just made that pretty clear

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Adam Bowen posted:

Actually, it is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Adam Bowen posted:

sorry for your loss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adam Bowen posted:

I disagree. Snatcher is very, very good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:japan:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Colonel posted:

I disagree. Snatcher is very, very good.

THIS POST IS DEDICATED
TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS
WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE
AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY
OF THEIR LIVES.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

THIS POST IS DEDICATED
TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS
WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE
AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY
OF THEIR LIVES.

According to the scientists that built this computer,
my mind is crying now for twelve years
and right now at the moment after all this amount
of time it's probably laughing at itself
and crying at the same time
because it went berserk already

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CJacobs posted:

: Or because they want to play video games from their TV on the couch or whathaveyou, but it's 2015 so they could just stream their PC to their TV if they wanted to do that.

Yeah that doesn't really work well if you update your drivers, becayse you then have to reset everything.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Lmao if your monitor isn't a TV anyway.

I don't even have a huge screen but it took me forever to find my acer touch screen under tech support because they classify it as a TV when I was looking under monitors.

But seriously I just roll my rad wheelchair back and use a controller like God intended.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bicyclops posted:

Zelda 2 is good in a Nintendo Hard way, but the invisible holes in the last two dungeons really are too over the top, and the 80th time you get into a knife fight, you start to get a little tired of it. It is a flawed game for its time, much like Skyward Sword, which is really fun, but incorporates a bunch of new mechanics, only some of which work (and the rest have some kinks). That the world is basically one giant dungeon was interesting, and I hope they try it again sometime, but not for the next Zelda.

Vagrant Story was a cool "the world is a dungeon" game, too bad the crafting and a couple other things were a bit needlessly complex, and the combat slowed down a lot by the targeting of specific body parts. They should try making a sequel with current gen hardware, wouldn't be limited by save space and stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

effectual posted:

Vagrant Story was a cool "the world is a dungeon" game, too bad the crafting and a couple other things were a bit needlessly complex, and the combat slowed down a lot by the targeting of specific body parts. They should try making a sequel with current gen hardware, wouldn't be limited by save space and stuff.

i am notoriously bad at timing based games and VS's chain attack system is loving impossible for me. very bummed about it because it looks cool with the exception of how bad the menus are and other dumb poo poo like that.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So they showed the new Chie Design for Persona 4 DAN

Just when you thought we were at maximum Chie, they push the limits, they go beyond

My god I do not think I can handle such Chie, men are unworthy to gaze upon such perfection.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I guess it's true, scientifically 16 is the hottest age

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Taint Reaper posted:

Just when you thought we were at maximum Chie, they push the limits, they go beyond

My god I do not think I can handle such Chie, men are unworthy to gaze upon such perfection.

Sometimes we can agree on things, Taint Reaper.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
shut up stux

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Adam Bowen posted:

I finished Pillars of Eternity, now I have to decide if I'm going to play through Witcher 2 or skip it and go straight to Witcher 3 or just play something else instead of another long RPG. Gamer life never slows down

bloodychill posted:

Just go straight to Witcher 3 and save yourself the burnout
What's up with this response? Is there something wrong with Witcher 2?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jackard posted:

What's up with this response? Is there something wrong with Witcher 2?
No, I think what bloodychill is referring to is that Witcher 3 is dense as gently caress, its a big game with a poo poo ton of sidequests worth doing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The entire Witcher trilogy is good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

play witcher 2 first and just bum rush the main quest on easy you can do it in like 15-20 hours. if i didn't do that i wouldn't have cared about the characters at all in witcher 3, who just kinda show up and expect you to know them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I played The Witcher 2.

By which I mean I played "The Witcher" 2 times. That's how good it is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Witcher 1 really isn't for everyone, if you can stomach janky WRPG poo poo then I always heard its worth it. But for most people its best just skipping straight to 2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Taint Reaper posted:

embrace the 3D animated tittay

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I'm playing witcher 1 now and the combat is clunky as all hell, but the worst thing about it is all the 1-shot stuff. For example, you can knockout or stun enemies pretty easily with the air magic, and then 1-hit-kill them, making most fights way too easy. But then you have to fight The Beast, a monster that inflict a form stun himself, and it seems to happen more or less randomly, and monsters can't 1-hit you but you stay stunned until they kill you anyway. Most times it will take two "Pain" status for the hounds to kill you, specially if you're using the swallow potion as you should, but since it occours randomly as you stay around the monster you can't strategize for it, and if you're using the blizard potion you will remain stunned without being able to do anything for a long long time making this fight just absolutely maddening. Maybe I'm missing something here and I did lots of things wrong, but I really dislike this combat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

embrace the 3D animated tittay

Maybe if she had any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe if she had any.