Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Sorry Pillsbury, a tragedy :

quote:

A man who formerly portrayed Chief Osceola at Florida State University was killed in Panama City Beach this week after an argument over gumbo spices at a restaurant there.

Caleb Joshua Halley was stabbed at a seafood restaurant by his coworker 26-year-old Orlando Thompson, who has been arrested on charges of manslaughter by the Panama City Police Department.

According to police reports the two men were arguing over the amount of spice to put into Buddy's Seafood Market gumbo Tuesday where the two men worked.

Thompson armed himself with a wooden board and Halley with a small wooden knife.

Thompson then retreated and returned with a knife, slashing Halley, causing three lacerations across his torso.

Halley, who is from Calhoun County and served as Osceola at FSU from 2004 to 2007, died from his injuries Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

This is literally the most Florida thing.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Never forget

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Eltoasto posted:

I mean, who hasn't fought to the point of bloodshed over how much spice to put in gumbo. poo poo at my house we pull guns when we decide how much salt to put on the eggs in the morning.

How could you possibly give enough of a poo poo. How could two people possibly give enough of a poo poo.

IMMA GETTIN WORKED UP OVER THESE SPICES YOU SON OF A BITCH IT'S 1/2 OF A TABLESPOON PER 1/2 GALLON
BULL poo poo, ACCEPT IT'S 1/4 OF A TABLESPOON PER 1/2 GALLON OR GET READY TO BLEED MOTHERFUCKER

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

JonathonSpectre posted:

I mean, who hasn't fought to the point of bloodshed over how much spice to put in gumbo. poo poo at my house we pull guns when we decide how much salt to put on the eggs in the morning.

How could you possibly give enough of a poo poo. How could two people possibly give enough of a poo poo.

IMMA GETTIN WORKED UP OVER THESE SPICES YOU SON OF A BITCH IT'S 1/2 OF A TABLESPOON PER 1/2 GALLON
BULL poo poo, ACCEPT IT'S 1/4 OF A TABLESPOON PER 1/2 GALLON OR GET READY TO BLEED MOTHERFUCKER

Barbeque talk gets pretty heated around here.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I'm surprised there aren't more chili related fatalities now that I think about it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Isn't 1/4 of a tablespoon like 1 teaspoon? Or am I getting my teaspoon-tablespoon conversions mixed up again?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Isn't 1/4 of a tablespoon like 1 teaspoon? Or am I getting my teaspoon-tablespoon conversions mixed up again?

1/3 tablespoon = 1 teaspoon.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Anyway, the important part of the story is Go Noles!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Anyway, the important part of the story is Go Noles!

Copy of the police report:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more chili related fatalities now that I think about it.

Even Hank Hill once almost punched a man over mustard.

But he got a good deal on Classic Yellow so it all worked out

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Eltoasto posted:

lmfao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Copy of the police report:

Missing the victim's name in big capital letters

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Missing the victim's name in big capital letters

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
tfw Dark Knight Rises is on and you get mad because Bane stopped the football

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

tfw Dark Knight Rises is on and you get mad because Bane stopped the football

But one of the teams is the Steelers so bane is actually doing a good thing

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Eltoasto posted:

lol

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Metapod posted:

All the rings survived :smug:

Plus you know that they'd pretty much have to give the Steelers like 30 first round picks the next draft to help out after that. Bane just made the Steelers even more powerful!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/how-much-rutgers-man-are-you-2705

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

djdanno13 posted:

Quidditch? I suppose that's really just GT

I'll have you know that Texas just went 9-0 in the Quidditch World Cup to take our third consecutive championship

:smug:

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Metapod posted:

Bane's biggest failure is not killing Hines Ward.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

they don't add a major market the way Rutgers allegedly does.

People never shut up about this and meanwhile all of the NYC area cable companies folded in about two seconds. There are many reasons for this of course (BTN more established, rumors about bundling with the Yankees), but let's not forget that practically every single critic of adding Rutgers and Maryland extrapolated from the drawn out fights getting coverage in the Midwest and concluded that it would never happen here and adding the teams would be a financial boondoggle. These of course, are the exact same people still critical about the move to this day. The largest plurality of the NYC market, as tiny a sliver as it may be, is still more valuable than half of Nebraskans guaranteed to watch or whatever both in terms of population counts, higher household income, a younger fanbase, and better population trends.

At least have the intellectual dishonesty to never mention this again and move into the "money isn't everything!" club that Brian Cook currently occupies.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't give two fucks about money or markets or whatever, I do care that Rutgers brings absolutely nothing of substance to the conference.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well they do have a mid major thing going on, so they bring either an easy win or a hilarious loss.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gently caress a rutger, go Red Hawks bicth

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kim Jong Il posted:

population counts, higher household income, a younger fanbase, and better population trends.

If those are the only things that matter, then the Big Ten should have invited UVA or VT then and rolled around in Loudon, Fairfax, Arlington, and Stafford population, money, young football players, and growth trends.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well they do have a mid major thing going on, so they bring either an easy win or a hilarious loss.

The Big 10 had enough of that before the addition of Rutgers. :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

The Big 10 had enough of that before the addition of Rutgers. :colbert:

I have my doubts that Indiana will ever win the conference again.

I mean, I doubt Purdue will too, but geez Indiana you haven't won since 1967.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I have my doubts that Indiana will ever win the conference again.

I mean, I doubt Purdue will too, but geez Indiana you haven't won since 1967.

That is what ncaa football is for

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Every time I remember Rutgers is in the Big Ten I assume I'm drunk and making poo poo up in NCAA Football 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Rutgers did beat Michigan so namaste

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Sash! posted:

If those are the only things that matter, then the Big Ten should have invited UVA or VT then and rolled around in Loudon, Fairfax, Arlington, and Stafford population, money, young football players, and growth trends.

UVA yes and I'm sure Delany wants to.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Taking a road trip for a wedding and Jesus Christ Kentucky, Arkansas, and Missouri suck to drive through. A poo poo ton of flat cornfields. North Carolina and Tennessee were nice though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Taking a road trip for a wedding and Jesus Christ Kentucky, Arkansas, and Missouri suck to drive through. A poo poo ton of flat cornfields. North Carolina and Tennessee were nice though.

Be glad you didn't have to go through Kansas. Seriously.

Even people who like Kansas hate driving through Kansas.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Quoted for God-damned truth.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah and it doesn't stop until you nearly get to Denver. The eastern third of Colorado is basically Kansas and sucks almost as much as Kansas itself.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah and it doesn't stop until you nearly get to Denver. The eastern third of Colorado is basically Kansas and sucks almost as much as Kansas itself.

There's a 6 state area that starts west of Lubbock into New Mexico, north through the Oklahoma Panhandle, encompassing East Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri that is just the worst plot of land to drive through you could imagine. I assume it's just about the same in Nebraska and Iowa.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kayakyakr posted:

There's a 6 state area that starts west of Lubbock into New Mexico, north through the Oklahoma Panhandle, encompassing East Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri that is just the worst plot of land to drive through you could imagine. I assume it's just about the same in Nebraska and Iowa.

I actually like New Mexico, of course this was after going through West Texas (I went to Carlsbad via the "scenic" route :negative: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure you can drive from Boston to Miami in the same amount of time you think its taking to get from Texarkana to Memphis.

• Locked thread