Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my dream dlc is a what if? scenario where batman actually does quarantine himself instead of sucker punching robin in, robin immediately does the smart thing and calls for backup and the rest of the game is played as robin, nightwing and batwoman, switching between the three gtav style. each of them takes on some of the side missions, ie. nightwing was chasing down penguin so he finishes that up solo, robin goes after riddler, batwoman firefly etc., final boss can be batman-joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

GreatGreen posted:

I must have a broken brain or something because I really love the Batmobile in this game, at least when I'm just dicking around in free roam. I mean one minute you're just hanging out chilling then press L1 and BOOM your goddamn billion dollar jet engined sports car tank tornadoes onto the scene not even giving a gently caress, then it says hello by doing sick nasty drifts all over the goddamn place, disintegrating everything it touches. How could you not like that?

But there's one thing that does really annoy me.

Has anybody else noticed that if you're heading in a particular direction and you call for the batmobile, it always seems to spawn in and spin around so that when you get in and the momentum stops, you're always facing away from where you were headed... every single time?

It's a really small thing I know, but would it really have killed the devs to make the thing slide around just a liiiitle further so the on foot -> driving batmobile transitions could leave you facing where you started so the transition doesn't feel so jarring?

Sometimes if you are running and it comes from behind you, you'll just hop in and start off going in the same direction at top speed. It's a little hit or miss, and it is a small problem, but for the most part you can just tank 180 and be on your way.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Aquasnake posted:

Sometimes if you are running and it comes from behind you, you'll just hop in and start off going in the same direction at top speed. It's a little hit or miss, and it is a small problem, but for the most part you can just tank 180 and be on your way.

Yeah, I basically tank-mode, turn around, then un-tank and afterburn by muscle memory every time I hop in now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah, I basically tank-mode, turn around, then un-tank and afterburn by muscle memory every time I hop in now.

You can also just 4 wheel turn in pursuit mode

It is annoying as poo poo though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so at the ending does this mean batman overcomes the Joker virus or was that just a temporary thing when faced with Fear toxin.

just finished main story, haven't even touched the penguin/twoface stuff and have a shitload of other stuff at 20%. Story was enjoyable, love all the predator stuff and combat really got turned up. I'd say it was a Good Game at this juncture but I really really want more replayable Predator maps badly.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

SonicRulez posted:

No, because I did too. Try just heading up to the GCPD rooftop and see if the Batwing is up there. Go to where the Bat Signal is. You may have encountered a glitch. I see you're playing the PC version. That'd explain why it might be glitchy. Or maybe the rules are different between PC and PS4.

No Batwing, oh well, I'll just do all the Riddler stuff eventually I guess.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MinibarMatchman posted:

so at the ending does this mean batman overcomes the Joker virus or was that just a temporary thing when faced with Fear toxin.

just finished main story, haven't even touched the penguin/twoface stuff and have a shitload of other stuff at 20%. Story was enjoyable, love all the predator stuff and combat really got turned up. I'd say it was a Good Game at this juncture but I really really want more replayable Predator maps badly.

Batman overcame it. I believe that's what symbolically locking Joker away in the deepest part of Arkham Asylum was meant to represent.

I agree with your assessment. Do the Penguin stuff at least. If only for more dual play segments. Two Face gives you some more predator maps too since you're looking for those. I wish we had more inside buildings. I'm not partial to the emphasis on outside predator. I know that makes it more difficult, but I think that's what I liked about the one semi-outside map in City. It was one challenge as opposed to a whole game of them. I miss the gargoyles.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

Batman overcame it. I believe that's what symbolically locking Joker away in the deepest part of Arkham Asylum was meant to represent.

I agree with your assessment. Do the Penguin stuff at least. If only for more dual play segments. Two Face gives you some more predator maps too since you're looking for those. I wish we had more inside buildings. I'm not partial to the emphasis on outside predator. I know that makes it more difficult, but I think that's what I liked about the one semi-outside map in City. It was one challenge as opposed to a whole game of them. I miss the gargoyles.

there was a shitload of outside Predator scenarios which were strange because it gave you a lot of leeway in terms of just gliding away or ziplining waaaaay off onto a crane to survey things. I thought it was neat though. Overall combat and predator gives you more tools and options in this game while also upping the ante for how they react to tactics in Predator, as well as putting more aggressive thug types in Combat. that alone is a big step up from the system used in previous games so I'd be disappointed if they didn't at least add like 5 or 6 new maps to both types. I spent hours with the ones in AC, especially since you had 4 characters to use.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SonicRulez posted:

Really? This is the best (or maybe just the most) he's been in the Arkham series. He shows up having already tracked down Penguin, proves himself capable of escaping capture even if Bats hadn't shown up, and leaves with Batman being certain that he can and will continue to handle Bludhaven. Ask Tim how hard it is to get Batman's respect.

Admittedly, I might just be grumpy about him getting beaten by Harley Quinn in a straight fight and then kidnapped by Penguin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Admittedly, I might just be grumpy about him getting beaten by Harley Quinn in a straight fight and then kidnapped by Penguin.

To be fair everyone gets kidnapped.

Oracle gets grabbed. Jim Gordon gets grabbed. Tim gets grabbed. Lucius gets grabbed. Jason was grabbed in the past. I think Alfred is the only one who somehow manages to avoid being kidnapped and held hostage out of Batman's allies.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Bane could have kidnapped him if he wanted to.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dogen posted:

Bane could have kidnapped him if he wanted to.

There's going to be DLC of this happening, isn't there? :sigh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bane is sort of the Big Missing Character here considering he is the only super-villain otherwise present in all the games.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

GreatGreen posted:

I must have a broken brain or something because I really love the Batmobile in this game, at least when I'm just dicking around in free roam. I mean one minute you're just hanging out chilling then press L1 and BOOM your goddamn billion dollar jet engined sports car tank tornadoes onto the scene not giving a gently caress and saying hello by doing sick nasty drifts all over the goddamn place, disintegrating everything it touches. How could you not like that?

But there's one thing that does really annoy me.

Has anybody else noticed that if you're heading in a particular direction and you call for the batmobile, it always seems to spawn in and spin around so that when you get in and the momentum stops, you're always facing away from where you were headed... every single time?

It's a really small thing I know, but would it really have killed the devs to make the thing slide around just a liiiitle further so the on foot -> driving batmobile transitions could leave you facing where you started so the transition doesn't feel so jarring?

Agreed. I've gotten the thing you mention where you wind up facing the wrong way, but it's a good excuse to do a 180-degree donut and hit the afterburner.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

Bane is sort of the Big Missing Character here considering he is the only super-villain otherwise present in all the games.

Not the only one. Plus a riddle reveals he's left his tubes behind and went to Santa Prisca to get clean. Ra's is alive and absent. The League's complete absence in the game is odd to me.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I was pretty pissed about that too. I didn't enjoy any of Harley's DLC. Especially once I found it was only about 4 minutes long. But still, he's pretty cool in the game outside of that stuff. Hopefully his DLC story is a lot better.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I meant in Origins. It's implied he's back home for the events of Knight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Not the only one. Plus a riddle reveals he's left his tubes behind and went to Santa Prisca to get clean. Ra's is alive and absent. The League's complete absence in the game is odd to me.

Ra's was technically in Arkham but only as a clue. I meant more than Bane is the guy who has been an active presence in every game.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Just beat the game. Have avoided this thread because I was worried about spoilers. drat that was good. Went in expecting to hate the Batmobile but came out pleasantly surprised. Still hate the tank battles though. I admit the AK's identity was a complete surprise to me because I thought I'd read somewhere that it wasn't who it was, so yeah :downs:

Question: Is there any way to pick the white / gold prototype Batmobile you get after the AK's drill thingie eats up the original? The Batmobile went back to the original black after I switched Batsuit skins and there's no way to get the other one back :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chasiubao posted:

I admit the AK's identity was a complete surprise to me because I thought I'd read somewhere that it wasn't who it was, so yeah :downs:

You did. They actively lied to people about who it was.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

You did. They actively lied to people about who it was.

Well at least I'm not crazy then :unsmith:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So, I've gotten 100% on the story and I've unlocked everything but what looks like a batsuit skin in the showcase. Is it locked behind NG+ or an AR Challenge completion or something?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Is it lovely Anime Batman you get for signing up with a WB account?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Chasiubao posted:

Is it lovely Anime Batman you get for signing up with a WB account?

No, I picked that up thinking that might be it and it just added a slot to the menu. God that thing is loving ugly though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man that harley quinn thing was the laziest poo poo, took me like 10 minutes to finish it. Guess that's why it was practically free for everyone

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Finally getting around the Harley DLC and man it sucks that her combat animations are basically just half cribbed from Batman and half from Catwoman, with a few unique takedowns :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

man that harley quinn thing was the laziest poo poo, took me like 10 minutes to finish it. Guess that's why it was practically free for everyone

I'd have been okay with harley if she came with Challenge Rooms so at least you could fool with the various gimmicks.

I wonder if the part of the lack of character select in challenge rooms is because the Medic-electrified dudes require the Batclaw to take out and some characters don't have an answer for that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I'd have been okay with harley if she came with Challenge Rooms so at least you could fool with the various gimmicks.

I wonder if the part of the lack of character select in challenge rooms is because the Medic-electrified dudes require the Batclaw to take out and some characters don't have an answer for that.

I don't think I ever actually used the batclaw to take them out, maybe there's some other way?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Why does Robin have a camel toe?

Also:

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
gently caress these charger guys, a cape stun should work on them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

SonicRulez posted:

Not the only one. Plus a riddle reveals he's left his tubes behind and went to Santa Prisca to get clean.Ra's is alive and absent. The League's complete absence in the game is odd to me.

There's a distinct possibility that in this continuity, the League is behind the St Dumas/Azrael thing, given the language used in Azzy's programming and its discussion of wiping the world clean. The more likely explanation is that, like Bane, it's impossible to have the League in the game without it consuming everything. The League has plot-infinite resources, and Bane is a great big mary sue of a villain- they can't be portrayed well as secondary antagonists.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Calaveron posted:

How the gently caress are they expecting me to do hit and run tactics on a tank that is as maneuverable as the batmobile in tank mode and loving incredibly fast and able to home in on your position?
Go gently caress yourself Jason Todd aka the Arkham Knight

If you switch the Battle Mode button to toggle, and use a controller, it's a lot easier.

TheJoker138 posted:

There are still too many loving riddler things in this game. I was hoping they'd pull back after how many were in City, but nope. Still, at minimum, 150 or so more than there should be.

gently caress the Riddler. He's the worst.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Riddler stuff should have just been the thing with Catwoman tbh. Just a couple pretty good puzzle sections and those racing things that aren't half bad in moderation.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

gently caress the Riddler. He's the worst.

Sorry I can't hear you I was calculating pi to the ten trillionth digit

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Jamfrost posted:

Why does Robin have a camel toe?

That's just where they stitched him together, much like the seam on this cat. https://goo.gl/photos/TF8WLuHHTxpZ1Es87

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Bane is a great big mary sue of a villain- they can't be portrayed well as secondary antagonists.

Well, he was in City.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I don't think I ever actually used the batclaw to take them out, maybe there's some other way?

That's interesting. Besides Takedowns I wonder what else works on them.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 29, 2015

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Saint Freak posted:

Sorry I can't hear you I was calculating pi to the ten trillionth digit

It's 9. http://www.numberworld.org/misc_runs/pi-12t/

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

ImpAtom posted:

That's interesting. Besides Takedowns I wonder what else works on them.

The R.E.C. works,last time I checked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

The R.E.C. works,last time I checked.

The Rec knocks them back but I didn't think it removed their electricity. I'll have to double check.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

Hey, at least it had actual character interaction, goals and fully linked maps. Red Hood's on the other hand... :sigh:

And Red Hood DLC is definitely after the main game enemy chatter states that he killed Killer Moth shortly before his attack on Black Mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

The Rec knocks them back but I didn't think it removed their electricity. I'll have to double check.

best way to defeat electricity guys is to pick up a dropped weapon and tee off on them.

• Locked thread