Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Useless posted:

Someone please find the version where this happened to a weather girl and she flips out and leaves the screen.

Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbzLNG6NOVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Perfect! That's the one.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The giant spiders have their own enemies.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

bobjr posted:

Weren't Sarah Palin's kids named the same way, or was that just a big joke?

That's ridiculous. Sarah Palin has never been enrolled in a trigonometry class and you know it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's the smallest news presenter I've ever seen.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

RandomFerret posted:

I have good news, though. That gum you like is going to come back in style

So they tell me. ;)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Photoshopped, though sadly believable enough that one of CNN's political contributors fell for it and angrily retweeted it.

edit: easy way to tell is that Fox's type-face is usually a gigantic bold pseudo-impact font in all caps.

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013

bobjr posted:

That reminds me of one of my favourite videos ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxU3MrtMk1Y

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Boob Dylan posted:

That reminds me of one of my favourite videos ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxU3MrtMk1Y

I thought you were gonna post this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2msmYpNXic

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

bobjr posted:

So, is that a MASSIVE seagull, or is it the camera (or whatever) messing with perspective?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Davfff posted:

So, is that a MASSIVE seagull, or is it the camera (or whatever) messing with perspective?

I think it's just David Mitchell.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Davfff posted:

its a city sized seagull. im surprised you havent seen them around

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Gum posted:

its a city sized seagull. im surprised you havent seen them around

Yeah, they're pretty common here in Australia. But they mostly stick to the outback.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Istari posted:

Yeah, they're pretty common here in Australia. But they mostly stick to the outback.

If you had also said they were poisonous, everyone would have believed you.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Centripetal Horse posted:

If you had also said they were poisonous, everyone would have believed you.

They spit venom and live in burrows.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Karma Monkey posted:

They spit venom and live in burrows.

They live in burros?! How big are they in Australia?!?!?!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solice Kirsk posted:

They live in burros?! How big are they in Australia?!?!?!

Large enough to house a flock (or "slaughter" as they're known) of venom-spitting giant seagulls.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The reason Australia is so obese?

Imagine the size of the french fries we're eating to feed those bastards.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

The reason Australia is so obese?

Imagine the size of the french fries we're eating to feed those bastards.

You mean you eat enormous fries so you can feed them your obese bodies right?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Istari posted:

Large enough to house a flock (or "slaughter" as they're known) of venom-spitting giant seagulls.

Terrifying enough to make me run, run so far away. I have to get away.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Little known fact - the first Birdemic was supposed to be set in Australia, but when the entire first cast was poisoned/eaten/dragged off by dingos/crocodiles/seagulls, James Nguyen gathered up a second cast and shot it in California.

R.I.P. First Birdemic Cast. :australia:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Davfff posted:

I don't know how they shoot the morning news. :qq:

Haha, no seriously, it was silly for me to ask without thinking. :D

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

Little known fact - the first Birdemic was supposed to be set in Australia, but when the entire first cast was poisoned/eaten/dragged off by dingos/crocodiles/seagulls, James Nguyen gathered up a second cast and shot it in California.

R.I.P. First Birdemic Cast. :australia:

I'd never heard of this film, so I googled it. People have described it as "the worst film of all time", so I'm off to watch it. Thank you so much for letting me know of its existence.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Istari posted:

I'd never heard of this film, so I googled it. People have described it as "the worst film of all time", so I'm off to watch it. Thank you so much for letting me know of its existence.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but if you're for real, enjoy! You are in for a bad movie treat. Once you've "enjoyed" it, check out the rifftrax version. Birdemic is the Manos of low-budget Hitchcockian rip offs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Istari posted:

Birdemic is funny like literally no other 'bad' movie is. I would pay that Eternal Sunshine money to erase it from my memory so I could experience it fresh again.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Birdemic is funny like literally no other 'bad' movie is. I would pay that Eternal Sunshine money to erase it from my memory so I could experience it fresh again.
How about Birdemic 2: The Resurrection?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately Birdemic 2 is intentionally bad to play on the "success" of the first so it is nowhere near as good.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Go Reds! Beat CityName SportsTeam!

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
The newspaper from where I went to school was notorious for some off the wall titles

Republicans still beating dead hourse of Obamacare

Smoke on the water and fire in the sky
Yes, they dedicated an area to the rising sun and fog over the water. Have to love small town newspapers.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I feel that "<party> stil beating dead horse" could be a catch-all headline for a lot of political news.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Karma Monkey posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but if you're for real, enjoy! You are in for a bad movie treat. Once you've "enjoyed" it, check out the rifftrax version. Birdemic is the Manos of low-budget Hitchcockian rip offs.

I was being completely serious; terrible, low-budget "horror" movies are one of my favourite things in the world. I just got a chance to see Birdemic, and I was not disappointed !

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

If you have somehow not watched Birdemic in 2015, please do so. I know this has nothing to do with weird news headlines, but it's important.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Oh you need the context.
The newsrooms have decided to go on with computer controlled cameras. What could possibly go wrong?

There were similar issues in Australia a few years ago when the ABC decided to cut costs and use a system called Ignite.
Basically it gives five people's jobs to one, making for almost no way to speedily correct any errors as it's garbage in / garbage out and unless your news segments go exactly to script else you have to have a very deft hand to recover.

One major issue was with name supers (the titles of who's talking) coming up.
The system didn't respond well to having timed cues, so if something broke then everything would slide out of place. Or it would suffer from human error with names being put in the wrong order into the system.
Before this you would have a dedicated role for cuing vision, sound, operating cameras and fading in and out of supers.

But still some great bloopers come up.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

It really needs to be noted that the best part of this bit of the movie is that, if you watch this gif for 2 minutes, you've watched the whole scene. That's all that happens; they just stand completely still and swat at birds that are also completely still.

e: sorry for the derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The thing you need to know if you still haven't watched Birdemic and only know it from screenshots and gifs is that the visuals are probably the least ridiculous part of the movie.

The writing and sound production far eclipse it. There is a scene where the characters are talking about how they might be the last people left alive, and the dialogue is completely drowned out by the busy highway they're shooting next to.