Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't need to be desperate, I'm quite low on all the scum->town lists. As are you.

Allow me the luxury of thinking out loud.

Honestly I do think you're possibly town but with what, one, two scum, I'm confident I can throw a vote on you for pressure without risking anything. What I AM worried about is that luxury is quickly diminishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't need to be desperate, I'm quite low on all the scum->town lists. As are you.

OH REALLY?
##vote Kat Delacour

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Is there a reason Kat has stopped pushing Anidav?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So I feel like Gwyn or Birdstrike.

Gwyn never voted for the scum, Gwyn was early and solid on Zets, Gwyn is a hard read (for me).
Birdstrike has just been oddly flippant the whole game and I believe it's in hiding. I had a reread of Day 1 stuff to reassess my feelings on the beet slapfight and Birdstrike was piggy in the middle quipping throughout.

MO is too easy, remaining lurking would be throwing the game, you'd have to make an excuse for the previous days ala TOML in Danganronpa and put your rear end in the game.
Mith hammered but it was almost expected, but I still don't like Mith as scum too well.
Anidav is an eternal red herring

And then it's just you and me Gaspy. Mano a mano, rosso a beardo

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Is there a reason Kat has stopped pushing Anidav?

Just let him lick the windows in peace.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Asphyxious posted:

So you're not paying any attention again.

I thought she was originally joke posting.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

I thought she was originally joke posting.

I kinda thought that too but when she stayed on my afterwards I figured it was a legit theory.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
my only real thoughts at present is that Strike is putting a huge amount of effort into roleplaying in a game where it's extra meaningless because scum get given fake town roles.

Not usual their approach, either so it's like they're being deliberately obfuscating.

But then, the same thing has been said of me and it's occasionally been wrong.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I kinda thought that too but when she stayed on my afterwards I figured it was a legit theory.

Isn't that kinda scummy, though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gwynplaine posted:

my only real thoughts at present is that Strike is putting a huge amount of effort into roleplaying in a game where it's extra meaningless because scum get given fake town roles.

Exactly. My role is Squirrel. Not a friend of Jojo that a Pillar Man is hiding in, but a squirrel.

My guess is that I got the extra role Bif inserted to stretch the numbers. I'm not complaining about it because Squirrel life is great.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Isn't that kinda scummy, though.

Wasn't that my point?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Wasn't that my point?

Touche.
##vote Kat Delacour

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, no. This I'm definitely less comfortable with.

##unvote

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Strike/ Anidav is today's coin.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

Out of those I'd only be comfortable with Anidav

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Why not Bird? Why not Gwyn?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah, no. This I'm definitely less comfortable with.

##unvote

Are you trying to bait me along?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##unvote

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Gwynplaine posted:

Do we just pick one and see which way the chips fall? For me, Anidav has been doing dumb poo poo since D1 and hasn't done much to redeem himself, although from what I understand that could be situation normal for Anidav. Birdstrike, on the other hand, hasn't been as overt as Anidav but a few small things have made me suspicious, which honestly seems more like scum to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm all for people being suss on me, especially at this stage of the game where we need to be mindful of everyone.

But you'll want to spell it out because there were hours today where I was talking to myself so I'm not taking any poo poo, especially from people who haven't engaged with the game because that is what scum do.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Phone posting atm, I'll give more info soon.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Also I can understand people being wary of me, what with my absences. I didn't realise I'd be as busy as I was, and if I knew I was I wouldn't have joined the game. I have a lot more time now though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I guarantee that if I were scum I would not let Gaspy live after he got Beet lynched.

It also gives me a minor reason to think Anidav might not be the scum. He was pretty good last game at choosing targets to take out, no matter his "failings" in the thread.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

No scum who knew what they were doing would kill Gaspy. By his own admission he's got no more concrete leads. All it would do is eliminate me as a scum suspect. Reducing the pool is hardly the scums inclination.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Also I literally shared my character name with no counterclaim. All Pillar men deaths have been "Attempting to possess someone" Not someone already being possessed. Saying I still could be scum after an uncontested name claim simply is not how Pillar men have been written into this mafia.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Also I literally shared my character name with no counterclaim. All Pillar men deaths have been "Attempting to possess someone" Not someone already being possessed. Saying I still could be scum after an uncontested name claim simply is not how Pillar men have been written into this mafia.

What the heck are you talking about?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

After I name claimed someone said my character could still be scum but scum flip flavour shows that they have been killed while in the process of possession. Beet was trying to hide as Lisa Lisa in the flip, for example. But Lisa Lisa is still a separate character and probably town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

After I name claimed someone said my character could still be scum but scum flip flavour shows that they have been killed while in the process of possession. Beet was trying to hide as Lisa Lisa in the flip, for example. But Lisa Lisa is still a separate character and probably town.

This is :psyboom: levels of wrong. The character that gets possessed *is* the fake flavour given to scum.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
VANIDA

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
sorry I got so excited to throw my hands up in the air and laugh my tits off I forgot it's

VADINA
utility: negative
role: any

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The only flavour claim I would accept as even approaching confirmed is Jojo himself, based on how the last Jojo game played out.

And even then I'd still be wary Bif hasn't switched it up.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wait. You're saying JOJO could be scum but you're also asking us to believe the squirrel couldn't be possessed by evil?

THIS SQUIRREL?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If Smokey Brown is in the game as a player, I don't know how Lisa Lisa isn't.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

In the interests of fairness I will make no further comments, anyone who is confused or curious about flavor in this game should just look over my existing posts in the thread for what is already stated.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
gently caress, this is a tough game to call.

I have no idea what Anidav's doing, but maybe he's just surprised he's made it this far without being lynched. Gaspy went so hard for Beet since d1 that it's hard to pin him as being the other scum without some serious doublethink.

Kat Delacour posted:

sorry I got so excited to throw my hands up in the air and laugh my tits off I forgot it's

VADINA
utility: negative
role: any

loool

tbh I think the Bird(strike) might indeed be the word in this game. They're taking pains to be quite active, but not enough to arouse too much suspicion. Put a decent amount of heat on Beet on day 2 (but IIRC this was AFTER Gaspy was really onto Beet) possibly in the hope that it'd make him look very town in the aftermath.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

Wait. You're saying JOJO could be scum but you're also asking us to believe the squirrel couldn't be possessed by evil?

THIS SQUIRREL?

That squirrel's not me, it's like part of Kars or something. I'm the squirrel that gets viciously mauled.

My view is that I'm about 95% sure that Jojo wouldn't be the scum, based on my experiences in the previous Jojo game. But it's not a possibility I can entirely eliminate.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

If Smokey Brown is in the game as a player, I don't know how Lisa Lisa isn't.

Beet was Lisa Lisa who was cover for a Pillar Man.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##unvote

At any rate. I'm going Gwyn or Bird. Aside from Gaspy's "haunted by the beet" theory, Gwyn not killing him out of brotherly love seems high potential. Bird as the lingering squirrely doubt.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Beet was Lisa Lisa who was cover for a Pillar Man.

The next Pillar Man was found trying to replace Lisa Lisa! The other Ripple users have teamed up to take him down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I can't fathom being bussed for my activity levels by lurkers :psyduck:

• Locked thread