Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

bobmarleysghost posted:

Thinking about a metal body polaroid land, if it's a good price

I have a ton of cameras. Send me an email if you want. natebolin at the email that starts with g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Whitezombi posted:

I have a ton of cameras. Send me an email if you want. natebolin at the email that starts with g.

Neat, what's your inventory like?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

bobmarleysghost posted:

A trailer reeking of whiskey and day old hookers filled to unsafe levels with polaroid cameras covered in intricate dick engravings.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

8th-snype posted:

day old hookers

Wait what?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Spedman posted:

Wait what?

start them young

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

A trailer reeking of whiskey and day old hookers filled to unsafe levels with polaroid cameras covered in intricate dick engravings.

Well what are we waiting for? Let's get this magic happening

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I can supply the unsafe levels of dick, you guys take care of the A trailer reeking whiskey and day old hookers filled to with polaroid cameras covered in intricate engravings.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

LargeHadron posted:

I can supply the unsafe levels of dick, you guys take care of the A trailer reeking whiskey and day old hookers filled to with polaroid cameras covered in intricate engravings.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

NOW ONLY $1.00

That's what the hookers said.

I have enough whiskey and dick covered Polaroids to go around! (Some have been covered in my own dick.)

bobmarleysghost posted:

I have many packfilm cameras. Metal bodies - 100, 101, 250, 350, 360 - have accessories and bags for some. Also have MiniPortrait 202s and 203s with backs and without. Have a mint condition 600SE on the way with a 120 film back and regular back but it will be $$$$.

I have a poo poo ton of Integral film cameras. SX-70 One Step Rainbows, Prontos - have flashes, accessories and bags for some. 600 series cameras with and without flash.

I have film available for all. New and expired.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I just used my instax printer to leave a note on the windshield of the Subaru that scratched the hell out of my bumper. Feels good man.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-snype posted:

I just used my instax printer to leave a note on the windshield of the Subaru that scratched the hell out of my bumper. Feels good man.

So you took a photo of your rear end in a top hat and wrote the word you on it?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

So you took a photo of your rear end in a top hat and wrote the word you on it?

I took a picture of their rear end in a top hat parking job and taped it with my card to their windshield. If I don't hear back from them in a day or two I will proceed with plan instax goatse, assuming they live around here.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Them: I bet this guy is tough. He has an Instax printer.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Whitezombi posted:

I have many packfilm cameras. Metal bodies - 100, 101, 250, 350, 360 - have accessories and bags for some. Also have MiniPortrait 202s and 203s with backs and without. Have a mint condition 600SE on the way with a 120 film back and regular back but it will be $$$$.

I have a poo poo ton of Integral film cameras. SX-70 One Step Rainbows, Prontos - have flashes, accessories and bags for some. 600 series cameras with and without flash.

I have film available for all. New and expired.

How much for any of the packfilm ones? Also, how much for a pack of film? I'm seeing it online for about $10 in the US, but go to a .ca site and prices jump to $18 :(

Here's some test shots:

:nws: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/470/18517526826_1e9bc4f9d2_c.jpg

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
The best price for fp-100c in Canada is amazon.ca. Five packs for $60 and free shipping. fp-3000b is anyone's guess. Filmphotographyproject.com has decent shipping to Canada but the dollar is so bad right now it's barely worth it.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Anyone try the new generation impossible project products yet?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I might be doing the math wrong, but $24 for 8 exposures (price on their website) is 3 bucks a pop for impossible project film? That seems steep.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Yea I'm looking at Amazon.ca such is life.

And yes hi liter, it does, especially considering their film is not the greatest quality from what I've seen/heard.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

How much for any of the packfilm ones? Also, how much for a pack of film? I'm seeing it online for about $10 in the US, but go to a .ca site and prices jump to $18 :(

Here's some test shots:

:nws: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/470/18517526826_1e9bc4f9d2_c.jpg

Nice shots.

Send me an email about cameras. Shipping to Canada will be at minimum $20ish. Man that sucks about film costs. :/

Pukestain Pal posted:

Anyone try the new generation impossible project products yet?

Still poo poo from what I see and read. If it was $8 - $10 id be ok with it.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gently caress.

Fuuuuck.

gently caress?

poo poo.

God loving drat it.

God drat it.

Here is a scan of that last one, I have no idea what I'm doing, but the scan seemed to desaturate and the glass was dusty as gently caress too, so I tried to fix both:

I'm already broke don't do this to me man.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Just tried bleaching some fp100c negatives. I was able to save this underexposed one, I'll have to try it on some more soon.

ape fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 10, 2015

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

bobmarleysghost posted:

Next step is to get an actual instant film camera that covers the whole film area.

If you ever get into framing, the smaller square instants look awesome with a ton of mat. Here's a quick and lovely iPhone photo of a work I submitted into a juried annual that I thought went over pretty well.

Untitled by Dev Luns, on Flickr

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Oh man that looks neat. 365 mentioned the same thing, a smaller square photo framed with gently caress off large matte.

Is that a reflection on the left side?

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

bobmarleysghost posted:

Oh man that looks neat. 365 mentioned the same thing, a smaller square photo framed with gently caress off large matte.

Is that a reflection on the left side?

Yeah it is. I am a big fan of the look. I'm also big on leaving the greenish/black funky border that the instant film creates in the framing. It's pretty unique looking as you don't get much framed work that gets that small.

ape
Jul 20, 2009
Just finished this :boom: Thanks again Whitezombi for the packfilm back!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Well, first time extracting the negative from FP100C. Learned some lessons from accidentally getting bleach under the negative, but poo poo. It worked!

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

vxsarin fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 23, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Finally getting around to fixing the batteries in a Land 104 and Land 210 that I have. Did you guys do anything to the springs to make it work better with the fuji film? I saw an instructable here that says to snap them off? http://www.instructables.com/id/Polaroid-Land-Camera-Fujifilm-and-Battery-Mod/?ALLSTEPS

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Yep, thats what I did and my Land Camera hasn't hosed up any packs of film since.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

So I finally got around to modding my pack film Land Camera, but changing the plastic lens out for a Kodak Ektar 127mm 4x5 lens that I had kicking around. Pretty easy job, just pulling it apart and making a little more room in the front standard of the camera.

E by Tim James, on Flickr

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Found a good deal on a Polaroid 350. Besides the battery mod, anything else I should be aware of? Found this, but not sure what it means exactly:

quote:

the electronic timer of the 350 uses a pressure plate to start automatically when the photograph is pulled out of the camera, and this makes the camera difficult to use with modern Fujifiilm FP100c pack film.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Fuji pack films have plastic holders, unlike the Polaroid ones which were far more rigid (metal I think), so the pressure plates/tabs in the land cameras provide to much pressure making it difficult to pull the film out, causing the tabs to get ripped and wrecking the shot. I just broke off the pressure tabs off and haven't had a problem with tough to get out film, you could try the pressure plate and if it's an issue, just remove it.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
FP100c seems to be cheaper than normal on amazon today:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000ALLYO/ref=sr_ph_1?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ie=UTF8&qid=1437074292&sr=1&keywords=fp100c

$8.99

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
The canadian site removed the $60 5-packs of 100c some time recently. You can only buy them from third parties now and they are $90 per 5-pack. Hope its temporary. :ohdear:

Edit: oh good, the .com stuff ships to Canada and you get free shipping so with the exchange rate, an order of 5 comes to $60 anyway :getin:

Double edit: Nevermind, shipping isn't free :sigh:

BANME.sh fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 16, 2015

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I have a family get together in a few weeks, and was contemplating just picking up an Instax camera off amazon to bring for fun. The Wide 300 seems pretty decent. I kinda like the size of the larger film but the mini 90 is kinda appealing.

Anybody have any thoughts on these? Will buying one turn me into an young asian girl?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

JHVH-1 posted:

turn me into an young asian girl?

yes, but one with a fun camera.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
FP-100C45. loving around with my flash before I put it away.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
...and with daylight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

Will buying one turn me into an young asian girl?

Sideways apertures.

• Locked thread