Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Discendo Vox posted:

There's a distinct possibility that in this continuity, the League is behind the St Dumas/Azrael thing, given the language used in Azzy's programming and its discussion of wiping the world clean. The more likely explanation is that, like Bane, it's impossible to have the League in the game without it consuming everything. The League has plot-infinite resources, and Bane is a great big mary sue of a villain- they can't be portrayed well as secondary antagonists.

You could have the League of Assassins as a side missions pretty easily, just have it be about foiling an assassination like the Deadshot mission from Arkham City. There are plenty of assassin characters associated with the League that could have cameoed without drawing too much plot attention to themselves.

Although it's not like the League of Assassins needed to be in the game. The bigger problem with the most wanted missions is the length of the Hush and Deacon Blackfire sidequests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I honestly loved the Quinn stuff, my only real problem is that there isn't MORE or it. I'm gonna have fun replaying it over and over again, bu I wouldn't mind some more, I dunno, episodic down the line.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

You could have the League of Assassins as a side missions pretty easily, just have it be about foiling an assassination like the Deadshot mission from Arkham City. There are plenty of assassin characters associated with the League that could have cameoed without drawing too much plot attention to themselves.

Although it's not like the League of Assassins needed to be in the game. The bigger problem with the most wanted missions is the length of the Hush and Deacon Blackfire sidequests.

I feel like Hush was unfinished. it really feels like they intended more for it than what amounts to an unplayable cutscene.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

gently caress these charger guys, a cape stun should work on them.

Double tap L2 to KO then with batarangs.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Okay I finished the game and just watched the full ending on YT. What the hell just happened during all that? Who was that etc etc.

E. Read back a couple pages and read some spoilers on it. Makes a bit more sense maybe now.

Skeezy fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 29, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
According to some users at the Arkhamverse Forums, the following villains will be DLC Most Wanted: Killer Croc, Prometheus, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and Ra's al Ghul.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the topic can be seen here: http://forum.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23407&sid=2c521295b6a7c3d25e7c394f045c6088

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Riddler being the only game in town right now makes the post game hilarious. It's just this weird dude rambling on constantly.

So question about the Arkham Knight do you really not get any form of closure on him? Batman finds out his identity and then shoots at Scarecrow? That scene looked like they forgot the Arkham Knight existed and just realized oh poo poo we should put him here. Was hoping Batman would talk to him at the end real quick for something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Skeezy posted:

So question about the Arkham Knight do you really not get any form of closure on him?

Nope.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

According to some users at the Arkhamverse Forums, the following villains will be DLC Most Wanted: Killer Croc, Prometheus, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and Ra's al Ghul.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the topic can be seen here: http://forum.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23407&sid=2c521295b6a7c3d25e7c394f045c6088

Black Mask? Where that would leave Red Hood's DLC then?

Skeezy posted:

So question about the Arkham Knight do you really not get any form of closure on him? Batman finds out his identity and then shoots at Scarecrow? That scene looked like they forgot the Arkham Knight existed and just realized oh poo poo we should put him here. Was hoping Batman would talk to him at the end real quick for something.

For what is worth he becomes the Red Hood and goes after various villians on his own. The DLC pack is him against Black Mask

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth he becomes the Red Hood and goes after various villians on his own. The DLC pack is him against Black Mask

I know about the Red Hood. I guess that's closure enough for him. It's just weird because imo the Arkham Knight could have been written out of the game. I guess they wanted to keep the Arkham name going but when the game is named after you I really expected more.

Overall the game owns a lot. Fun times.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

After the main story/Knightfall Protocol, I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

two weird issues:

Why does officer JT Wicker in the GCPD HQ glow green like a riddle henchman when i'm not even in dectective mode?
i tried interacting with him and punching him to no avail.

why does the boss fight at the end of the serial killer quest give you giant help tips on blade dodging during the whole fight when you never need to bladedodge and instead use instant takedowns? i died like 3 times doing what it said to do on screen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

Why does officer JT Wicker in the GCPD HQ glow green like a riddle henchman when i'm not even in dectective mode?
i tried interacting with him and punching him to no avail.

Just use the interrogate button and watch what happens :ssh:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

if true that's a hell of a loving lineup and I'd be so onboard finally fighting Prometheus after having it teased since Arkham Asylum. Would also be awesome to see Freeze and Ra's again.

I loving pray NONE of them are tank battles and we actually get some awesome ACTUAL boss battles this time. Willing to bet one will be a boring tank segment though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

if true that's a hell of a loving lineup and I'd be so onboard finally fighting Prometheus after having it teased since Arkham Asylum. Would also be awesome to see Freeze and Ra's again.

I loving pray NONE of them are tank battles and we actually get some awesome ACTUAL boss battles this time. Willing to bet one will be a boring tank segment though.

They're going to be tank battles. I'd bet at least Freeze is since he's been done before.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I would be fine with a Batmobile boss with Mr. Freeze as long as he isn't driving another cloudburst tank but is instead piloting a giant mech.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I got so mad at the Deathstroke battle. The tank bit was fine but when he jumped out at the end with his sword drawn I was like gently caress yeah this is it. But no. That was it.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I can't work out the Riddler trophy puzzle on the outside of the airships. How do I take out all five questions marks at once?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JFC posted:

I can't work out the Riddler trophy puzzle on the outside of the airships. How do I take out all five questions marks at once?

you only need to take out the one at the far right, use the remote control batarang

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

On this Black Mask probably survived his fall. With Batman villains you are to assume something did not kill them unless you see their corpse and it is confirmed that said corpse is theirs and dead.

Comics Black Mask for example survived falling from a Skyscraper with everyone assuming he was dead. Then he showed up as a mysterious figure behind the Scenes of War Games and kidnapped Stephanie Brown, while taking control of Gotham's underworld, before too many people realized he was alive.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 29, 2015

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Skeezy posted:

I got so mad at the Deathstroke battle. The tank bit was fine but when he jumped out at the end with his sword drawn I was like gently caress yeah this is it. But no. That was it.

I hacked 2 cobras and they took out the entire life bar while I was fighting other cobras. I took one shot and then it cutscened. But I didn't see any of it because the camera was stuck in a wall. So I basically missed the entire boss fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

[Prometheus]
H=Prometheus
P0=
P1=Locate and rescue the GCPD Cops from the rigged Police Car.
S0=Stop Prometheus plan for revenge against the Gotham City Police Department.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Riddlers final challenge question: what is the magnet gadget he is talking about and where do I get it?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

keyframe posted:

Riddlers final challenge question: what is the magnet gadget he is talking about and where do I get it?

It's in the Evidence Room at the GCPD in the case labeled Batman.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's in the Evidence Room at the GCPD in the case labeled Batman.

Just punch and take.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm game for all of those. Especially since it's possible/likely that Robin, Nightwing, and/or Catwoman gets a stab at some of those.

And yeah, I assumed Black Mask was alive from the minute Jason tossed him out the window. Like as soon as he decided not to shoot him, Black Mask was fine. That's the reason they burned Joker's body in front of us. He's not dead til you get the body and burn it to ashes. Also curious about that last Batsuit. I have anime Batman. Is it tied to New Game Plus?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

We need an Oracle game. Press X to activate stairlift.

Now I'm imagining Oracle grappling and flying around all over Gotham in her wheel chair.. Thanks for the laugh.

So I fired up Steam Achievement Manager just to unlock everything, because I don't give a rats arse about achievements and a few interesting 'secret' achievements can be found.
A Blade of Memory - Destroy all Teeth, Balloons, and Jack-in-the-boxes <<<Looks like Arkham City might be back as DLC!
A Courtship of Razors - Rescue your father <<<Court of Owls is an awesome as gently caress Batman comic. So it potentially has Thomas Wayne as a Razor to take out.
A Fire in the Heavens - Free the Hostages at the Ferris Wheel
A House Made of Spun Glass - Free the hostages at the Merry-go-round
All Snug in Their Beds - Uncover the history of the Park
Ambush - Defeat 4 enemies with the duration of a single scare effect.
The Laughing Fish! - Free the hostages at the Ghost Ship
Weird War Tales - Defeat 15 enemies using any type of hacking

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think that's just some stuff from the Batgirl DLC.

Game Over quotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE3oWEDNgXI

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 29, 2015

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013
I'm kinda disappointed with the plot this time around. The plots have always been absurd in the Arkham games but this time I felt they aimed for bigger and badder for both plot and villain and never delivered.

Barbara dying- seriously Batman didn't send a squad car to pick up her body at least so it doesn't rot in the streets-and see there isn't actually one...come on. And lucky for him, she wasn't dead because he never told Tim about her.

Then, the Cloudburst just filling Gotham with fear gas was a really cool moment- seeing the clouds just consume everything, people going nuts- and then an hour later, every thug and all the militia are back on the streets like nothing happened.
The Joker disease is just laughably bad and sounds like bad fan fiction- and the conclusion where Batman just magically cures himself through sheer willpower...really? What was the point of the whole illness- they could have just made Batman have hallucinations, not give him Joker AIDS.

And the Arkham Knight plot- I actually expected the "real" ending to provide some sort of closure for his story but it never came. How did he come to command his army- his soldiers are loyal to him, how did he go from being tortured by the Joker to being free and rich to buy enough drones to start a war. And most of all- WHY did he come back to save Batman at the end? All Bruce said to him was "Lol, sorry you were tortured." and that just undones the "brainwashing"- was it even brainwashing that Joker did to him- he just seemed (rightfully) pissed that Batman gave up looking for him so easily. I actually would have liked to see more of Batman and Jason interacting- instead Joker is on every rooftop telling me jokes about Barbara's spine.

And yet, I still love the game. But RockSteady should really learn how to write a third act for their stories.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

UnsuitableWasp posted:

I'm kinda disappointed with the plot this time around. The plots have always been absurd in the Arkham games but this time I felt they aimed for bigger and badder for both plot and villain and never delivered.

Barbara dying- seriously Batman didn't send a squad car to pick up her body at least so it doesn't rot in the streets-and see there isn't actually one...come on. And lucky for him, she wasn't dead because he never told Tim about her.

Then, the Cloudburst just filling Gotham with fear gas was a really cool moment- seeing the clouds just consume everything, people going nuts- and then an hour later, every thug and all the militia are back on the streets like nothing happened.
The Joker disease is just laughably bad and sounds like bad fan fiction- and the conclusion where Batman just magically cures himself through sheer willpower...really? What was the point of the whole illness- they could have just made Batman have hallucinations, not give him Joker AIDS.

And the Arkham Knight plot- I actually expected the "real" ending to provide some sort of closure for his story but it never came. How did he come to command his army- his soldiers are loyal to him, how did he go from being tortured by the Joker to being free and rich to buy enough drones to start a war. And most of all- WHY did he come back to save Batman at the end? All Bruce said to him was "Lol, sorry you were tortured." and that just undones the "brainwashing"- was it even brainwashing that Joker did to him- he just seemed (rightfully) pissed that Batman gave up looking for him so easily. I actually would have liked to see more of Batman and Jason interacting- instead Joker is on every rooftop telling me jokes about Barbara's spine.

And yet, I still love the game. But RockSteady should really learn how to write a third act for their stories.

I agree with the whole Arkham Knight thing. He's just so minor to everything I'm surprised they even bothered. There's no explanation as to how Jason Todd managed to do anything he did but whatever.

Good game nonetheless.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They explain repeatedly that he leveraged his knowledge of Batman's weaknesses to lead the army which was financed by a super criminal cartel. He was basically a promising startup that raised a shitloads of capital before completely failing in its IPO.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Batman: Arkham Kickstarter

He must have had an amazing video.

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They explain repeatedly that he leveraged his knowledge of Batman's weaknesses to lead the army which was financed by a super criminal cartel. He was basically a promising startup that raised a shitloads of capital before completely failing in its IPO.

That doesn't explain all the militia chatter about how they look up to him and how he helped them when they had nothing to live for. Where did he find those guys?
Also are Penguin and Two Face supposed to be bankrolling this- because I can't see Harley and Poison Ivy having savings accounts. How was the plan pitched to them by Scarecrow- "I'm gonna fear gas the entire city while you are still in it robbing banks and smuggling weapons".

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Infinitum posted:

Now I'm imagining Oracle grappling and flying around all over Gotham in her wheel chair.. Thanks for the laugh.

So I fired up Steam Achievement Manager just to unlock everything, because I don't give a rats arse about achievements and a few interesting 'secret' achievements can be found.
A Blade of Memory - Destroy all Teeth, Balloons, and Jack-in-the-boxes <<<Looks like Arkham City might be back as DLC!
A Courtship of Razors - Rescue your father <<<Court of Owls is an awesome as gently caress Batman comic. So it potentially has Thomas Wayne as a Razor to take out.
A Fire in the Heavens - Free the Hostages at the Ferris Wheel
A House Made of Spun Glass - Free the hostages at the Merry-go-round
All Snug in Their Beds - Uncover the history of the Park
Ambush - Defeat 4 enemies with the duration of a single scare effect.
The Laughing Fish! - Free the hostages at the Ghost Ship
Weird War Tales - Defeat 15 enemies using any type of hacking

That's all stuff for the upcoming Batgirl DLC, mate. I have it on PS4 and it already flat out tells you like 2 or 3 of the trophies in the Batgirl DLC. The others are locked.

I was so disappointed. Just a reason for even MORE Joker. I felt so robbed that if they didn't do the reveal at the end, I think I would've been legit pissed.

UnsuitableWasp
Mar 3, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I was so disappointed. Just a reason for even MORE Joker. I felt so robbed that if they didn't do the reveal at the end, I think I would've been legit pissed.

Yeah, I love the Joker but in the end I feel like he took way to much screen time from everyone- especially from the Arkham Knight who should have had at least a couple of more scenes. Also (endgame spoiler question) - where are Gordon and Tim before Knightfall? I went back to the movie studio but no one was there. I hope I just missed them somewhere because it would be lovely of Batman to not say goodbye.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Are all of the Joker jokes supposed to be really unfunny? Because he's inhabiting Batman's mind and all? I don't think I've laughed or even smiled at any of them so far.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

UnsuitableWasp posted:

Yeah, I love the Joker but in the end I feel like he took way to much screen time from everyone- especially from the Arkham Knight who should have had at least a couple of more scenes. Also (endgame spoiler question) - where are Gordon and Tim before Knightfall? I went back to the movie studio but no one was there. I hope I just missed them somewhere because it would be lovely of Batman to not say goodbye.

If you talk to Barbara, she says they're both still at the Aylumn. Batman went alone to hand in Scarecrow, and they stayed behind because frankly they'd both been through too much poo poo to go back to Gotham tonight.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm game for all of those. Especially since it's possible/likely that Robin, Nightwing, and/or Catwoman gets a stab at some of those.

And yeah, I assumed Black Mask was alive from the minute Jason tossed him out the window. Like as soon as he decided not to shoot him, Black Mask was fine. That's the reason they burned Joker's body in front of us. He's not dead til you get the body and burn it to ashes. Also curious about that last Batsuit. I have anime Batman. Is it tied to New Game Plus?
In Ivy's case, I think the burning part is optional

That scene was actually pretty poignant. Maybe it was that I was still pissed at how Barbara Gordon managed to get stuffed in the fridge twice in her career, and I was liking that a womans death involved her actual choice and decision to sacrifice herself, but I thought it was a great move. I would have liked to see some recognition of it by the characters, something about how two heroes died in Gotham that night.

UnsuitableWasp posted:

Eh. If there is any human I could actually believe that poo poo about, it would be the Joker.

And Batman didn't cure himself - he's still infected, he just overcame it. He managed to figure out how to lock every part of the Joker away deep down inside, what Joker was threatening to do to Batman.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They did mention prions at one point, so they're obviously trying to make it so it's like a form of BSE. But they obviously did their research from that season of "24" instead of contacting an actual expert.

What's amusing is that they already had several more believable hooks they could use - instead of "Joker on a Chip" like in the Batman Beyond movie, it could've been *nanites* or something, like from Justice League: Doom where everyone Wonder Woman saw was Cheetah (yes I've seen every DC:AU show and movie -_-). They chose not to, obviously.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 29, 2015

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They did mention prions at one point, so they're obviously trying to make it so it's like a form of BSE. But they obviously did their research from that season of "24" instead of contacting an actual expert.

What's amusing is that they already had several more believable hooks they could use - instead of "Joker on a Chip" like in the Batman Beyond movie, it could've been *nanites* or something, like from Justice League: Doom where everyone Wonder Woman saw was Cheetah (yes I've seen every DC:AU show and movie -_-). They chose not to, obviously.

Thats purposeful. The entire point is that Joker never intended for this to happen, this was never part of his plan. He's just so amazingly hosed up and not-right that even his blood carries his crazy with him like a disease.
it being referred to as a disease is intentional, since that's what he is - he exists only to cause rot, sickness, death and despair, even when everyone thought he was dead.

And considering this is a universe where a man turned into a giant bloodthirsty bat creature because he was trying to cure his deafness, I think complaining they exaggerated what Prions can do is a little petty.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Arkham Series is ultimately about the relationship between Joker and Batman and I'm sorry that people fail to grasp that.

• Locked thread