Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

program666 posted:

TSA are the guys that look for bombs in your anus when you're going to, or getting out of, the US. There is even a South Park episode about them. I don't think you really have any recourse for getting out of their no-fly list unless you're friends with the USA president or something.

The TSA you are thinking of stands for something different than this fake TSA. The real TSA doesn't have terrorist in their title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

program666 posted:

TSA are the guys that look for bombs in your anus when you're going to, or getting out of, the US. There is even a South Park episode about them. I don't think you really have any recourse for getting out of their no-fly list unless you're friends with the USA president or something.

Do you know how to read?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
oh poo poo, sorry

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

reaearched some more, and finally remembered whois. searching whois gave me godaddy as the registrar, and some contact info for the admin. we'll see...

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

EmmyOk posted:

The TSA you are thinking of stands for something different than this fake TSA. The real TSA doesn't have terrorist in their title

I was going to say that no-one would fall for that, but I guess I was wrong....

https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_legalother?product=websearch

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a health insurance thread?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

spog posted:

I was going to say that no-one would fall for that, but I guess I was wrong....

https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_legalother?product=websearch

This might work.

Weird site, a lot of the names on their look auto-generated. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, but maybe beef up your online profile to get it out of the first page of Google.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a health insurance thread?
There's an insurance thread in BFC.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
My neck has been bothering me for quite some time – I have to pop it regularly, some times 5-6 times an hour (often when I'm driving), and it feels like I don't have the full range of motion I did a year ago.

Most folks around me say I should go to a chiropractor, but I am completely disinterested in that. Is this the kind of condition I would see a physical therapist for? Would I likely need a referral from a GP?

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

FreshFeesh posted:

My neck has been bothering me for quite some time – I have to pop it regularly, some times 5-6 times an hour (often when I'm driving), and it feels like I don't have the full range of motion I did a year ago.

Most folks around me say I should go to a chiropractor, but I am completely disinterested in that. Is this the kind of condition I would see a physical therapist for? Would I likely need a referral from a GP?

Just go to your gp, you probably need a visit anyway. Do not go to a chiropractor.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FreshFeesh posted:

Never go to a chiropractor for neck stuff, it's the easiest way to accidentally get killed by one (they're also not to be gone to for anything else, but when they do their stuff around your neck it can get very deadly very fast). Physical therapists are absolutely who you need to go to, if your regular doc hasn't been able to make any headway.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

Never go to a chiropractor for neck stuff, it's the easiest way to accidentally get killed by one (they're also not to be gone to for anything else, but when they do their stuff around your neck it can get very deadly very fast). Physical therapists are absolutely who you need to go to, if your regular doc hasn't been able to make any headway.

This. Your doctor will likely send you to a PT eventually, but it's good to see a doc first to make sure there's nothing seriously wrong.

Chiropractors are snake oil salesmen of the modern age. They're one step above a masseuse, except a masseuse isn't loving with your spine.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Oh I'm well aware of what chiropractors are and represent – all of my family works in medicine and instilled a healthy distrust/disgust of them from an early age.

Now that I have some measure of health insurance going to my GP is an option; thanks goons!

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I just moved to a new apartment with washer/dryer hookups. Unfortunately, my dryer has a four-prong plug and the hookup has three prongs; since four is the modern standard, can I expect maintenance to replace the outlet for me if I ask? I obviously haven't had the chance yet to go talk to the people at the office.

I know I can replace the plug on the dryer but would prefer not to.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hummingbirds posted:

I just moved to a new apartment with washer/dryer hookups. Unfortunately, my dryer has a four-prong plug and the hookup has three prongs; since four is the modern standard, can I expect maintenance to replace the outlet for me if I ask? I obviously haven't had the chance yet to go talk to the people at the office.

Replacing the dryer plug is stupid easy. I highly doubt they'll replace the outlet.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Hummingbirds posted:

It would be best to ask maintenance to upgrade the outlet, rather than change the plug on your appliance.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Bovril Delight posted:

Replacing the dryer plug is stupid easy. I highly doubt they'll replace the outlet.

I've seen this happen before. If you're lucky, they'll come and install an adapter plug for you.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

It would be best to ask maintenance to upgrade the outlet, rather than change the plug on your appliance.

Uh no. Changing the cord is the simplest and it will be designed to handle the either type of cord.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Why do people keep the butter they want to spread on bread/toast inside the fridge where it gets too hard to spread on bread/toast in the first place? Assuming they live in the first world and not in some roach invested hellhole.

Eta and it's not even artisinal butter or some poo poo. It store bought non name brand stuff.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

Why do people keep the butter they want to spread on bread/toast inside the fridge where it gets too hard to spread on bread/toast in the first place? Assuming they live in the first world and not in some roach invested hellhole.

Eta and it's not even artisinal butter or some poo poo. It store bought non name brand stuff.

People don't understand food safety and what's okay to leave out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's reasons to keep butter in the fridge and reasons to not keep it in the fridge and sometimes you just want some butter on your toast even if you didn't think to soften it up.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Wedemeyer posted:

Wouldn't it go bad within a few days if you left it out?

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
My wife was horrified the first time she visited my parents house and found out we just left butter out next to the toaster. I was confused as to why you'd put it in the fridge (the one you're using anyway.) Didn't kill any of us so I guess it's fine.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

It would go bad faster, but it still takes a while if you put it in a butter dish.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
My parents probably use a stick of butter in less than a week since they live in WV, but I've had it out for at least two weeks in a butter dish without any issues. My kitchen is kind of cool though.

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

You can get a butter dish like this that stores the butter upside down in water to keep it fresh.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
Speaking only for myself here, but I don't mind room-temperature butter, I'm sure there's some marginal food poisoning risk, but I take the chance.

But butter at at a stranger's house that's stored in tepid water of mystery age or origin - I'll just take my toast dry, thanks.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Wedemeyer posted:

If they grew up on margarine like me, they might not realize that butter doesn't have to stay in the fridge? I only learned that a few years ago.
Or they might have very determined pets. I bet a cat would go for the butter.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

YggiDee posted:

If they grew up on margarine like me, they might not realize that butter doesn't have to stay in the fridge? I only learned that a few years ago.
Or they might have very determined pets. I bet a cat would go for the butter.

I had a lab that would eat a stick of butter off the counter like whoa.

And for content, as I understand it salted butter will stay fresh on the counter but unsalted will spoil.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

syscall girl posted:

I had a lab that would eat a stick of butter off the counter like whoa.

And for content, as I understand it salted butter will stay fresh on the counter but unsalted will spoil.

Both will spoil eventually. Ideally, butter should be refrigerated, just to lengthen shelf life, but it should be covered whether in the fridge or not.

I leave most of the butter in the chiller and a smaller amount in a butter dish and when the butter dish is empty I cut another bit off the one in the fridge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What is the name of the huge ancient temple complex in Asia that doesn't allow tourists due to political reasons or danger of land mines or something? It looks similar to Angkor Wat but is still all overgrown in the middle of the jungle.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I keep unsalted butter on the counter for many days, sometimes like a month before it gets eaten. Sometimes it gets rancid but it's super obvious when that happens. I think we've had rancid butter like once in two years.

We just wash the dish when it gets empty and it's no big deal.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

NESguerilla posted:

What is the name of the huge ancient temple complex in Asia that doesn't allow tourists due to political reasons or danger of land mines or something? It looks similar to Angkor Wat but is still all overgrown in the middle of the jungle.

You might be thinking of the Preah Vihear Temple Complex? It's on the border between Cambodia and Thailand, both countries claim it and every now and then they cook off a few AK rounds at each other over it. The UN recently ruled that it belonged to Cambodia, but Thailand still claims it. You can get there from both sides, I went there from the Cambodian side in 2012 and there were definitely signs on the edge of the regular paths that warned of land mines.

I don't know about huge though, it's probably a bit over half a mile from end to end.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

What is this thing?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Is there a way to (LibreOffice spreadsheet program) make a formula that scan the dates for weeks and assign how many changes were made each week of a month? I can't word it decently, so here's what I'm trying to do: I'm assigning dates to items put into the spreadsheet and would like it have a way to make a cell for each week of the month that would automatically say how many items were input in a particular week (obviously it would be best if it could be one cell with some kind of scrolling list, but I don't know if that's possible).

I don't even know what to ask in Help menu, not to mention it crashes every time I try to use it, so that's not too helpful.

Disappointing egg
Jun 21, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

What is this thing?

That's an aardvark, dude.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

What is this thing?

A wallaby maybe?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Fromage posted:

What is this thing?

Yeah, an aardvark.

What a stupid name.

brylcreem fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 29, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Disappointing egg posted:

That's an aardvark, dude.

It's definitely this just look at its ridiculous feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

My whole life i grew up with butter out on the counter in a butter dish, and never had a problem. Living on my own still do it, and only once in ten years have i had a problem: it melted because it was really hot and i don't use air conditioning. My house goes thru a stick in maybe 2-3 weeks and I've never seen one go bad.

I imagine the water filled butter bell would help prevent even the rare melting.

I really don't get why people keep their active sick of butter in the fridge :shrug: but then again my french friend says the same thing about me keeping eggs in the fridge, guess we all have our own misconceptions about food safety.