Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Adiabatic posted:

I'm driving up with Terrible Robot.

Can we bring guns?

HAHAHAHAH.

Sorry.

BWAHAHHAHA.

Hard to catch my breath. Too much freedom here in Mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rifles and poo poo are fine but lol if you have a pistol without a CT concealed permit. Also you cant buy ammo without some kind of paperwork and nothing can hold more than I think 10 rounds. Aceofsnett knows the most about that stuff though.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

CT has three "levels" of permits: ammo, long gun, and pistol. Ammo only lets you buy ammo, long gun lets you buy shotguns and rifles plus ammo, and a pistol permit lets you get anything that's legal to own here. I'm honestly not sure how the new laws affect bringing in a non banned long gun but I think it's okay. For handguns you can spend the ~$300 and get a CT non-resident permit. It is identical to in-state except you apply directly to the state police which is actually easier than in-state in many cases.

And yeah CT is now a 10rd state and scary black guns are banned unless they were made before a certain date in 1994. Luckily I already had a bunch of stuff before 4/4/13.

From what I understand you can bring guns into MA without a permit to go to a shooting range, competition, or hunting. That's all you can do, go do your shooting and leave, don't hang out. You can get MA non-resident permits but I'm not sure how that works.

VT always allowed concealed carry without permit, ME is getting rid of the permit requirement and NH's permit is super easy to get. Southern and northern New England are very different as far as gun laws go.

Since I'm moving up there, hopefully soon, maybe we could do a meetup in NH to shoot things.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I just want to bring the glory of the 45-70 lever-action Henry to you Yanks, in hopes you may see the light.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Henry? I'm sorry we only accept pre-Remington Marlins.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I really like my post Remington 1895, haven't had any problems with it yet.

Other than it costing me two dollars every time I pull the trigger :shobon:

It's pretty new though, I've heard they worked through a lot of their qc issues.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

For firearms, just about everything I own is illegal south of New Hampshire so I don't even consider it as a place to shoot. Wheeling and wrenching is fine as well as hanging out and having a few adult beverages but the shooty stuff stays up north.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Hey NEAI, where in the area (greater Boston metro ideally, but I'll travel for a deal) would I buy a P71 Crown Vic or a police Explorer?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Just steal a cop car

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Shampoo posted:

Hey NEAI, where in the area (greater Boston metro ideally, but I'll travel for a deal) would I buy a P71 Crown Vic or a police Explorer?

My uncle is selling one for $800. Its kind of a beater and near the Hartford CT area depending on how far you want to travel. It runs and drives fine but its got like 180k on it and needs a coilpack or two. PM me if youre interested and Ill ask him for more details.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone going to Stafford Motor Speedway for the races and fireworks tonight?

elektrotechnik
Sep 7, 2012
I'm in for Aug. 22. I'll chip in for the keg. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I got money for the keg too. Could I bring one or two of my friends (roommates)?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I can pitch in on a keg. Can't wait to meet all of you in person :)

Frankenstein
Jul 29, 2005

I'm in for the keg as well; Looking forward to it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah I got money for the keg too. Could I bring one or two of my friends (roommates)?

Yea thats cool.

It looks like a lot of people are gonna throw down on the keg so Im going to get it and we'll figure out what it costs for each person when everyone gets here.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I will be in NYC in December 14-21st. If things work out in my favor, is there anything going on then? SiF racing events? Ken knocking down a forest?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I will be in NYC in December 14-21st. If things work out in my favor, is there anything going on then? SiF racing events? Ken knocking down a forest?

It's a little late in the season but if you get up to new England, I'd be up for hanging out.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Drinking. Too cold for much else.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I can drink. Will try to get something set up when time gets closer

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:siren::siren:

Now that we are about a month away, we are announcing NEAI 2015 because we lost count of how many times we have done this.

There will be hedonistic consumption, there will be fire, there will be cars, there will be blood. For More information such as address as we approach this most holy of days, please visit us on irc @ irc.synirc.net #newenglandai, or PM one of us.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
COUNTDOWN TO GLORY

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
No rust no glory? Guess I have to keep the forester for another 3 weeks :sigh:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

ACEofsnett posted:

:siren::siren:

Now that we are about a month away, we are announcing NEAI 2015 because we lost count of how many times we have done this.

There will be hedonistic consumption, there will be fire, there will be cars, there will be blood. For More information such as address as we approach this most holy of days, please visit us on irc @ irc.synirc.net #newenglandai, or PM one of us.

So much ronpaul.gif

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
My body is ready :mrgw:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Terrible Robot posted:

My body is ready :mrgw:

Your liver is not prepared.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noise Complaint posted:

Your liver is not prepared.

And you may need skin grafts afterwards.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sandbagger SA posted:

And you may need skin grafts afterwards.

Relevant:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I can bring an EJ20 or a subaru cylinder head...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress I just scrapped an entire Volvo B230 engine

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
So this is happening...

Note the pile of bricks and Radio Tower...

loving awesome

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I'll be bringing an anvil, forge, and some metal stock for people to gently caress around with if they want.

This is gonna be awesome.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

iForge posted:

I'll be bringing an anvil, forge, and some metal stock for people to gently caress around with if they want.

This is gonna be awesome.

Dude you serious? Always wanted to try that.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Man I'm jelly of the poo poo you guys get up to. You'd all fit right in here in rural Ontario Canada. Sockington and I need to do a roadtrip or something to one of these meets.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Getting closer.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
If people want to bring grillin' meats or contribute to the food, PM me on here or let me know on IRC. I'll keep a tally. I'm going to be taking that Friday off to run up to the local meat distributor and grab some bulk burgers and dogs, brats, kielbasa, etc.

Fart Pipe has a couple grills, and I'm going to be bringing mine as well. He also has a bunch of frozen venison which I'm looking forward to.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Noise Complaint posted:

If people want to bring grillin' meats or contribute to the food, PM me on here or let me know on IRC. I'll keep a tally. I'm going to be taking that Friday off to run up to the local meat distributor and grab some bulk burgers and dogs, brats, kielbasa, etc.

Fart Pipe has a couple grills, and I'm going to be bringing mine as well. He also has a bunch of frozen venison which I'm looking forward to.

If we run out of grille space, i vote we cook on subarus.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Guys I have a project for us. We need to get the stuff out of the greenhouses and it will be the perfect time since there will be so many people there. Theres a few awesome future projects that need rescuing from the elements, some of you know what they are and for the rest its gonna be a cool surprise.

Bring your winches and your 4 wheel drives fellas, we got race car planning to do :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fart Pipe posted:

Guys I have a project for us. We need to get the stuff out of the greenhouses and it will be the perfect time since there will be so many people there. Theres a few awesome future projects that need rescuing from the elements, some of you know what they are and for the rest its gonna be a cool surprise.

Bring your winches and your 4 wheel drives fellas, we got race car planning to do :getin:

Anything you can carry out, unassisted is yours. $20 a try. I'm going for the two piece wheels, whoo!

• Locked thread