Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's gonna kiss her and make it all better.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This is such a good comic. It manages to ramp up the cute people being dumb comedy stuff and the emotional relationship stuff in equal measure. Occasionally I'll feel its gags are getting played out, but then it will up the ante and have me rolling on the floor laughing. And *BIG SPOILER* it continues to pull this off through at least 97 chapters.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

A new Chapter's out

:ohdear: He's still really good at faces

:qq: That's one hell of an image to end the chapter on, geez.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wittgen posted:

This is such a good comic. It manages to ramp up the cute people being dumb comedy stuff and the emotional relationship stuff in equal measure. Occasionally I'll feel its gags are getting played out, but then it will up the ante and have me rolling on the floor laughing. And *BIG SPOILER* it continues to pull this off through at least 97 chapters.

Total or in addition?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wittgen posted:

This is such a good comic.

Weren't you told to stop even insinuating you know what's coming up ahead, dude

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

DrSunshine posted:

:qq: That's one hell of an image to end the chapter on, geez.

Under most circumstances, I'd agree- but this is Truthism, I'm not worried. Things'll return to cookies and happiness next chapter, mark my words :colbert:

:smith:

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
Is this not the greatest rom-com ever made? Those rumors, this whole new side to a character we've known since chapter 1 (Sakura-san), the shameless manipulation of one's own newspaper for personal benefit, the principal's god level timing when it comes to adding fuel to the fire, and those feels. Oh god those feels :(

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

cyrus_zane posted:

Is this not the greatest rom-com ever made? Those rumors, this whole new side to a character we've known since chapter 1 (Sakura-san), the shameless manipulation of one's own newspaper for personal benefit, the principal's god level timing when it comes to adding fuel to the fire, and those feels. Oh god those feels :(

I feel that trying to analyze whether it's "The Best" within its genre is missing the point.

It's just really good. :shobon:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Zeruel posted:

To love Scumine is to know pain.
I'm guessing the original was Kusomine.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The original was actually Gesu-mine. Gesu means sleazebag.

There are 97 chapters out now, but the next volume comes out in a couple of weeks.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Good news in the Summer thread courtesy of a kitten:

a kitten posted:

Actually I Am.../Jitsu wa Watashi wa/My Monster Secret got picked up the crunchyroll.

quote:

Crunchyroll announced plans to simulcast the Actually, I Am anime. Episodes will be broadcast every Monday starting July 6 at 11:30am Pacific Time.

Produced by TMS Productions and directed by Yasutaka Yamamoto (Hero Bank, unit director on Squid Girl), Actually, I Am is based on the manga by Eiji Masuda. The series will be available to Crunchyroll members in the following territories: USA, Canada, America, Central America including the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

e: Ooohhh... I didn't notice eurogoons aren't included on the above list. :ohdear: To be continued I guess.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 27, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Korean fan translations have finally caught up and overtaken the English translations, and what I'm surprised more than anything is how often people compare this series to Nisekoi in the comments section.

Namely, Koreans seems to consider Nisekoi to be cancer-inducing. Meanwhile, Truthism is the cure to the cancer that is Nisekoi.

I honestly don't know that much about Nisekoi - I read a few chapters a long time ago before getting tired of it, and now I can't tell the difference between Nisekoi and Nyan Koi besides the fact that one is about gangs and the other is about cats. I was under the impression that the Shaft animation was sorta well-received by goons, though.

Is Nisekoi really that bad?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Nisekoi is very generic with occasional fun reaction faces.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's just really really generic. Shaft apparently has injected a decent amount of style into their take on it but it's still ultimately a generic romcom that you've likely seen a million versions of already.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

OddObserver posted:

Nisekoi is very generic with occasional fun reaction faces.

I read more for the faces than the storyline. No regrets. :colbert:

e: That being said, I read JwWw for the total package. I could compare with details but that is way more of an effortpost than ill do. I can say that NiseKoi could have did what was done here and quite possibly been fairly good. The characters are okay enough imo. The story with little progression and whiplash back to the status quo is what makes it drag.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 28, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also the author's previous story Double Arts was fun and got killed off before it could get far which some people are still bitter about.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nisekoi is not funny and annoying, while jitsu wa is funny

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
The thing you have to understand about Nisekoi is that less has happened in the last 100 chapters of it then the past 5 of Trusthism. Faces are pretty good though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe I'll read more of Nisekoi when Nisekoi Kai comes out.

NiseKai

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Nisekoi is literally nothing happening, forever.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nate RFB posted:

Also the author's previous story Double Arts was fun and got killed off before it could get far which some people are still bitter about.

Which author? The nisekoi or jitsu wa author? Because I really liked double arts and was upset it got cancelled. :(

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

double arts

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Specifically the Nisekoi author previously drew Double Arts.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Korean fan translations have finally caught up and overtaken the English translations, and what I'm surprised more than anything is how often people compare this series to Nisekoi in the comments section.

Namely, Koreans seems to consider Nisekoi to be cancer-inducing. Meanwhile, Truthism is the cure to the cancer that is Nisekoi.

I honestly don't know that much about Nisekoi - I read a few chapters a long time ago before getting tired of it, and now I can't tell the difference between Nisekoi and Nyan Koi besides the fact that one is about gangs and the other is about cats. I was under the impression that the Shaft animation was sorta well-received by goons, though.

Is Nisekoi really that bad?

It's really bad in a very specific way that Truthism is not. Namely, the main character is completely ignorant that any of the girls are actually in love with him and they are completely incapable of just directly confessing their feelings. And it's been stretched out way longer than most romance manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, okay. So it's just generic harem story that happens to be the most popular at the moment, which makes it a convenient target for people who dislike the cliches of harem manga.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Begemot posted:

Namely, the main character is completely ignorant that any of the girls are actually in love with him and they are completely incapable of just directly confessing their feelings.

The main character is aware that the best girl is in love with him and the best girl confessed her feelings for him in the same chapter where she first appeared.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Ah, okay. So it's just generic harem story that happens to be the most popular at the moment, which makes it a convenient target for people who dislike the cliches of harem manga.

It's managed to hit every single cliche you can think of, and it's still hitting more as time goes on. Can't speak for the anime though other than Shaft does it with their unique style.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

trying to read anything into it more than nisekoi is not very funny, while this is funny, is over-complicating things

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

The main character is aware that the best girl is in love with him and the best girl confessed her feelings for him in the same chapter where she first appeared.

Excuse me, I think you mean "worst girl" :colbert:

I hoped there was a new chapter but nope, just Nisekoi chat. I'm now reading Double Arts though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JosephWongKS posted:

Yeah but she's going to die tragically of Anime Disease so it doesn't count.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Horizontal Tree posted:

Excuse me, I think you mean "worst girl" :colbert:

you're in the wrong part of town motherfucker

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If Marika was to die (hopefully not, because not only is she the 'best girl', she's one of the few assets that drat comic has going for itself) before the last arc, I hope it actually affects the group's dynamic in some way. Like, hell, I dunno: It makes Raku realize that all that pussy-footing makes him look even more pathetic than Ted Mosby and he decides to take action. Something. Anything.

Inflammatory posted:

you're in the wrong part of town motherfucker

You hold him/her down, I go to town on him/her. :toughguy:

vvv e: Hey, I was expecting a new chapter as well, homeslice. Gotta get your kicks somehow. vvv

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 29, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I loving hate every last one of you.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nate RFB posted:

I loving hate every last one of you.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
There is a new chapter

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Jitsu-wa-Watashi-wa/Vol-010-Ch-083-Let-s-solve-the-missunderstanding?id=233953

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's not a new chapter.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
gently caress, :smith:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Actually, there is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

I think that was the dumbest Eromine has ever been.

• Locked thread