Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
SHE CALLS THAT THE WHAT A MOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Sorta bored with 2k14, checked in on this thread to see if it was worth picking up 2k15, and I'm getting a very strong "no" vibe.

Have they specifically mentioned fixing any of the 2k15 bullshit for 2k16?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tzirean posted:

Sorta bored with 2k14, checked in on this thread to see if it was worth picking up 2k15, and I'm getting a very strong "no" vibe.

They don't really start talking about the next version of the game until Summerslam, traditionally

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Genericide posted:

I like that they haven't even recorded Lawler and Cole commentary on an insane amount of moves. My CAW just gets "oh my" and "what a move" after anything more obscure than a headlock.

They should allow commentary options, like who you want on the table. I'd pick old school Vince.

:vince: WHATTAMANEUVER! UN-BE-LIEVABLE!

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

They should allow commentary options, like who you want on the table. I'd pick old school Vince.

Give me Mongo & Art Donovan mode, and you've got a sale.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Gorilla and Jesse, that is all.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

"In 2K16, we have revamped the commentary system. You can use JBL or use one of these thrilling commentator options:

• Tazz
• Mike Adamle
• Art Donovan
• Two Michael Coles (THE SOUND OF HUMAN FLESH HITTING THE GROUND ECHOES THROUGHOUT THE ARENA)"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

Gorilla and Jesse, that is all.

Might be a little hard to get Gorilla in the studio these days.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Might be a little hard to get Gorilla in the studio these days.

I believe I volunteered last year to be the guy who goes through every old recording of Gorilla Monsoon commentary to piece together enough applicable lines to make up for that.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Steve Vader posted:

Gorilla and Heenan, that is all.

Fixed for accuracy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Heenan, but drunk Heenan from WCW, and Jesse.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

simosimo posted:

Prepare to be disappointed - wwe games post No Mercy

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Really it's true for anything WWE.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

tzirean posted:

I finally got around to borrowing 2K15 from the local library. The game still feels like a total mess. Why is it so hard to make a good wrestling game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Astro7x posted:

I finally got around to borrowing 2K15 from the local library. The game still feels like a total mess. Why is it so hard to make a good wrestling game.

Your budget is 38 dollars for QA and you need to get the Rock's new tattoos in

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd be fine with commentary being entirely Bobby Heenan doing Big Boss Man's mom jokes, regardless of who is wrestling.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
WWE2k15 is now worth it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOZCjvLvTtk

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What's the GUI they're using for the options? Is that the paid one?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I gave the NJPW iPhone game a try. I have no idea what's going on, but I enjoy that you start off doing Young Lion matches.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

What's the GUI they're using for the options? Is that the paid one?

Seems to be, he mentions paying 14 dollars for it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I gave the NJPW iPhone game a try. I have no idea what's going on, but I enjoy that you start off doing Young Lion matches.

Is this on Android at all?

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I see WWE2k15 finally brought back the long forgotten rule of winning the Royal Rumble by climbing out of the steel cage.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I watched the full two hour video with all the other stuff... obviously some things need to be fixed so they work better, BUT that being said it means we are inching ever so closer to World War 3, Wargames, Cage of Death, Impact's Six Sided Ring, Blank on a Pole, Punjabi Prison, and more.

Fourteen bucks is a little much but I suppose I could justify it by saying "hey, I'll get my moneys worth out of it eventually."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Watching nL gently caress around with WWE2k15 with or without the trainer is more fun than you're ever going to get out of the game honestly, so I'd save the $15 and spend it on beer or send it to them next time they do a charity event.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Aurain posted:

Watching nL gently caress around with WWE2k15 with or without the trainer is more fun than you're ever going to get out of the game honestly, so I'd save the $15 and spend it on beer or send it to them next time they do a charity event.

Dude, I'd rather not. nL is cool and all and I love watching their videos, but I love to do this poo poo myself.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Still using the weird "unique models" phrasing, but 2k is saying all 120 models are shipping on disc, not DLC:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Models are nice and all, but I'm getting flashbacks to like WCW Thunder where you had a huge roster of dudes all having the same moveset

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Models are nice and all, but I'm getting flashbacks to like WCW Thunder where you had a huge roster of dudes all having the same moveset

Well... essentially they have the move sets of the entire roster already animated anyway. The trick to making a character unique is signatures and finishers honestly, like the F5 and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Everything else, eh, mostly flavor. Even then, to make copies of the same move unique for different people, you just take the animations and edit them a bit. Would not be hard to take something like the Spear and then tweak this way for Goldberg, this way for Edge, this way for Roman, this way for Batista, etc. to come up with their own unique versions. Besides the fact all of their animations are already in game.

The biggest problem I see is when they use that phrase unique. Is it "120 unique characters such as nine different Cenas twelve Stone Colds twenty three Rey Mysterios four Kevin Nashes and two Vince McMahons" or is it "Everyone popular in WWE, a few NXT jerks, some women, a bunch of retired old guys, and these other fools who needed the money and we could get the license for super cheap so we put them in the game like Domino, Gangrel, and Chavo Guerrero."? Either way we won't get who we really want...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blast Fantasto posted:

Still using the weird "unique models" phrasing, but 2k is saying all 120 models are shipping on disc, not DLC:

I still don't believe it.

Oh they'll all be on disc, but unlock after you wrestle 1,000 matches. Please pay us $5 for our Pro Accelerator to unlock all wrestlers immediately.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Man you guys are so negative

Skunkrocker posted:

Would not be hard to take something like the Spear and then tweak this way for Goldberg, this way for Edge, this way for Roman, this way for Batista, etc. to come up with their own unique versions.

Changing animations seems like something that would be hard to me?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I still don't believe it.

Oh they'll all be on disc, but unlock after you wrestle 1,000 matches. Please pay us $5 for our Pro Accelerator to unlock all wrestlers immediately.

That's exactly how I'm reading it. Still, 120 unique models is pretty neat even if they cost five bucks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skunkrocker posted:

Either way we won't get who we really want...
Sheamus will probably be in the base game

E: unlike his baller new music

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Man you guys are so negative

After about a decade, it's kinda hard to be positive about anything Yukes works on and not come off looking like an idiot in the end

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

The Big Taff Man posted:

Changing animations seems like something that would be hard to me?
Yeah, as someone who used to spend far too many hours late into the night just trying to tweak a reload animation for a Counter-Strike 1.5 mod, I can tell you it's really not that easy to modify an animation to reflect different ways of execution and since it's mostly mo-capped these days, it would be far easier and far quicker to simply have the wrestlers record four or five takes of the same move, rather than recording a generic spear and then trying to modify in different wrestlers' mannerisms afterwards.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Either way we won't get who we really want...

Getting Head isn't that hard. At least not these days.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Skunkrocker posted:

Well... essentially they have the move sets of the entire roster already animated anyway. The trick to making a character unique is signatures and finishers honestly, like the F5 and the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Everything else, eh, mostly flavor.

You say that, but even with the current smaller roster I feel like THQ/2K gave everyone the same swinging neckbreaker move as a running grapple for example.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

You mean you didn't like the Lugercanrana???

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I do think we are rapidly approaching the day where WWE video game commentary is on par with the televised commentary.

It's not because the games are getting better though

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

Blast Fantasto posted:

I would laugh if 90 of them were crowd members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm just now getting WWE Supercard, any tips for newcomers? Resources I should be hoarding, cards to cherish, etc?