Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mogomra posted:

It honestly makes a metric-gently caress-ton more sense than why he came back in the comics.

Either way, the reason is "comic book writing."

I think the comic reason is better if only because its funnier. I just like the idea that reality got changed so that Jason lived - and they then buried him anyway, and Jason didn't notice that he was alive for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Well, considering I was the only person posting recently who cited the comics and Lex Luthor I made an assumption that you did because otherwise you're talking into thin air about something nobody said.

Aside from the guy you are quoting. I didn't even read any of your posts you paranoid moron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Aside from the guy you are quoting. I didn't even read any of your posts you paranoid moron.

So you're... literally complaining about something nobody said? Gotcha. :psyduck:

The guy I was quoting didn't say a single thing about comics. He pointed out that Scarecrow was going to nuke the Eastern seaboard which is one of the largest buyers of consumer products which isn't based off Random Comic Issue, it's based off reality.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 29, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

So you're... literally complaining about something nobody said? Gotcha. :psyduck:

Good lord you are dumb. The guy you are quoting literally says that Lex wouldn't attack Gotham because he sells things to them. It wasn;t even really a dig at him in particular, but a bunch of posts about how the game's plot doesn't make sense in the context of the comics, his was just the last one I read so I poked fun of it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Good lord you are dumb. The guy you are quoting literally says that Lex wouldn't attack Gotham because he sells things to them. It wasn;t even really a dig at him in particular, but a bunch of posts about how the game's plot doesn't make sense in the context of the comics, his was just the last one I read so I poked fun of it.

jesus shut up

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah, them, and, you know, the east coast of the US, the place where approximately a third of the US population lives.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He wasn't talking about the comics. Are you really unaware that in reality a huge bulk of consumers live on the East Coast? Not every complaint about the plot is about the comics!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, them, and, you know, the east coast of the US, the place where approximately a third of the US population lives.

That doesn't make a difference. Lex Luthor is a villain and he paid money to attack one of his enemies. The end.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Seriously something like nearly 1% of people live on the East Coast. Catastrophic. Lex surely wouldn't sacrifice approximately no one to kill Batman because he's not a giant evil manchild.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I don't think anybody involved the in plan other than Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight knew that the bomb was meant to affect the entire eastern seaboard. I doubt even the other villains were in on the sheer scope of the plan, nor do I think they cared beyond "Batman's gonna die at some point".

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Saint Freak posted:

Seriously something like nearly 1% of people live on the East Coast. Catastrophic. Lex surely wouldn't sacrifice approximately no one to kill Batman because he's not a giant evil manchild.

He's not? Since when?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

He's not? Since when?

I think that was sarcasm.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Controls Chat time, I was slightly incorrect earlier in the thread when I said a hanging ledge drop was Shift+Middle Click, Turns out it is just middle click. Nightwing's Ranged Projectile quickfire for dealing with charging thugs is mapped to 7,7 for some reason. Also after using a controller for a short bit last night, it would seem that drifting doesn't kick in right away when you just tap X/Square, Pursuit/Battle Mode feel almost completely different because you are switching between using the Trigger as your Go forward for Pursuit, and the Analog Stick for Go forward for Battle Mode, whereas on KB+M, W is always go forward which makes for slightly less jarring transitions between the two. Also the Special Combo Gadget takedowns are a little easier/not as bad on a controller, because you are just holding the buttons for quickfiring your gadgets, so to do the Batclaw Combo Takedown you fire the quickfire batclaw which grabs someone, and continue holding, and it transitions nicely into the instant takedown. On KB+M you hold down the gadget button, which does not quickfire the gadget and you stand stock still for 3 seconds hoping to not get punched in the face, and if you don't get punched, the takedown happens. I have tried double tapping and holding the second tap so that it goes from quickfire to takedown like with a controller, but it does not work, and only quickfires the gadget.

tl;dr: I sperg about batman mechanics.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it would have been way cooler if instead of tanks they were retrofitting stolen cars and trucks with weapons and making them remote controlled like giant versions of the toy car bomber from the show.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Controls Chat time, I was slightly incorrect earlier in the thread when I said a hanging ledge drop was Shift+Middle Click, Turns out it is just middle click. Nightwing's Ranged Projectile quickfire for dealing with charging thugs is mapped to 7,7 for some reason. Also after using a controller for a short bit last night, it would seem that drifting doesn't kick in right away when you just tap X/Square, Pursuit/Battle Mode feel almost completely different because you are switching between using the Trigger as your Go forward for Pursuit, and the Analog Stick for Go forward for Battle Mode, whereas on KB+M, W is always go forward which makes for slightly less jarring transitions between the two. Also the Special Combo Gadget takedowns are a little easier/not as bad on a controller, because you are just holding the buttons for quickfiring your gadgets, so to do the Batclaw Combo Takedown you fire the quickfire batclaw which grabs someone, and continue holding, and it transitions nicely into the instant takedown. On KB+M you hold down the gadget button, which does not quickfire the gadget and you stand stock still for 3 seconds hoping to not get punched in the face, and if you don't get punched, the takedown happens. I have tried double tapping and holding the second tap so that it goes from quickfire to takedown like with a controller, but it does not work, and only quickfires the gadget.

This makes the keyboard controls sound like a giant mess. :psyduck:

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

I don't know how anyone plays this game without a controller. Even on the PC versions I played before this I used an xbox controller.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

This makes the keyboard controls sound like a giant mess. :psyduck:

Among other things, yes, kind of. Here are your default keys for your four different take downs, Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, Space+Left Click. They've changed a few things that have been muscle memory since City.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Hello friends. I finished the game and the Harley Quinn stuff, don't have the Red Hood stuff since I didn't preorder from Gamestop. I think it's good.

Is it just me or is the game harder? I got wrecked a few times by brutes, probably intentional. Everything seems to move faster too but this could be because I've spent almost the last year playing a poo poo ton of the last three games so I've gotten used to their timing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dscruffy1 posted:

Hello friends. I finished the game and the Harley Quinn stuff, don't have the Red Hood stuff since I didn't preorder from Gamestop. I think it's good.

Is it just me or is the game harder? I got wrecked a few times by brutes, probably intentional. Everything seems to move faster too but this could be because I've spent almost the last year playing a poo poo ton of the last three games so I've gotten used to their timing.

there are a bunch of enemy combinations that are tougher than anything in previous games.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

evilmiera posted:

Why? What kind of money is he making when one of the largest consumers of his products basically gets nuked?
I dunno, he'd really be into the idea of a Superman crippled by Super Fear Toxin.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dscruffy1 posted:

the counter window for brutes is ridiculously short imo, if I see one of them walking towards me I have to drop whatever I'm doing and just watch them closely because they punch so goddamn fast.

I miss martial artist thugs

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

Among other things, yes, kind of. Here are your default keys for your four different take downs, Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, Space+Left Click. They've changed a few things that have been muscle memory since City.
If I couldn't remap to my heart's content, I'd be in a tight spot!

(for example, T will always and forever be Detective Vision, my muscle memory will not allow anything otherwise)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 29, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

I dunno, he'd really be into the idea of a Superman crippled by Super Fear Toxin.

Considering that is how Injustice started I can't imagine he'd continue to feel that way!

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

the counter window for brutes is ridiculously short imo, if I see one of them walking towards me I have to drop whatever I'm doing and just watch them closely because they punch so goddamn fast.

I miss martial artist thugs

Martial artist thugs are definitely in AK though, don't they throw them at you early on?

Usual info that the game doesn't tell you, but it seems that upgraded batarang damage let's you KO thugs c hanging you with a tackle

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

dscruffy1 posted:

Hello friends. I finished the game and the Harley Quinn stuff

Hunh. How do you start the Harley Quinn stuff? I finished the game last night and your post reminded me that I have her DLC, but haven't seen anything in game that says anything about it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr.Citrus posted:

Martial artist thugs are definitely in AK though, don't they throw them at you early on?

They mean Martial Artists from Origin. They were mooks who required multiple counters and could counter you which would require counter-countering. There isn't anything like them in Knight which is too bad as they were one of the better parts of Origins.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

For being 80% Arkham City rehash a lot of the new stuff in Origins was really cool

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

dscruffy1 posted:

Feels harder to me, especially when I wander into a group that's got like six different enemy types.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr.Citrus posted:

Usual info that the game doesn't tell you, but it seems that upgraded batarang damage let's you KO thugs c hanging you with a tackle

Not even upgraded, just normal out-of-the-box early-game batarangs will KO them if you quickfire at them when they have the red counter sign over their heads.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Frankenstyle posted:

Hunh. How do you start the Harley Quinn stuff? I finished the game last night and your post reminded me that I have her DLC, but haven't seen anything in game that says anything about it.

At the main menu you've got an option for Arkham Episodes (or you should!), that's where the Harley Quinn stuff is.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Fulchrum posted:

That scene was actually pretty poignant. Maybe it was that I was still pissed at how Barbara Gordon managed to get stuffed in the fridge twice in her career, and I was liking that a womans death involved her actual choice and decision to sacrifice herself, but I thought it was a great move. I would have liked to see some recognition of it by the characters, something about how two heroes died in Gotham that night.

Nah, Ivy was a serial killer. One night of redemption for the sole purpose of saving the trees and not the people of Gotham shouldn't make her a hero. Dying doesn't make you a hero. Would've come off as really forced. Batman and Alfred at least showed her some respect.

Funky Valentine posted:

The Arkham Series is ultimately about the relationship between Joker and Batman and I'm sorry that people fail to grasp that.

Understanding it =/= liking it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

Not even upgraded, just normal out-of-the-box early-game batarangs will KO them if you quickfire at them when they have the red counter sign over their heads.

And it's part of the tutorial fights near the start, 'use batarangs against charging enemies'.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dscruffy1 posted:

It's definitely harder, I had gotten to the point playing on hard in Arkham City I was barely even touched in combat. A lot of the combat encounters in Knight wipe the floor with me. I think I'm going to hold off on starting New Game + until there are more challenge maps so I can refine my skills and timing.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Medium Cool posted:

It's definitely harder, I had gotten to the point playing on hard in Arkham City I was barely even touched in combat. A lot of the combat encounters in Knight wipe the floor with me. I think I'm going to hold off on starting New Game + until there are more challenge maps so I can refine my skills and timing.

It feels like the thugs attacks much more frequently than city, and it feels like the critical counter is super important as it's free crowd control

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Citrus posted:

It feels like the thugs attacks much more frequently than city, and it feels like the critical counter is super important as it's free crowd control

The throws are an awesome addition to combat, and I don't really miss the batswarm. I also appreciate that the other characters had special combos tied to every button combo, it really helped the flow of combat in dual play for me. We really need more dual play challenge maps, and at least one dual predator challenge. That segment with robin is probably my favorite one in the game.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Mr.Citrus posted:

Speaking of, is it just me or is the throw counter a little finicky to pull off consistently, like they say press towards the attacker, but it's not really clear where the line is between like, Forward, or Forward-Left, I've even had times where they are like Cardinal Direction North in front of me and it just doesn't work sometimes. I know I have the timing down, but the direction can be tough to pin down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There really should be a Dual Freeflow Challenge for every available character. It's kind of bizarre there isn't honestly.

Also a dual predator room for at least Robin.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arkham Knight has the best recreation of a fight from the Matrix movies ever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If nothing else I did like how the Arkham Knight kept losing his poo poo during drone battles and whenever you took an outpost. I was just waiting for him to smack his lieutenant and throw a temper tantrum about how incompetent everyone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
The stupid thing about the blood Is that they could easily have just played it as just the gas doing that to him. Batman's afraid that having Joker's blood will turn him into Joker or whatever. It's still cheesy, but infinitely less ridiculous than the actual plot.

They desperately need to add challenges for each character. Though I'd bet money they'll do it with DLC.

• Locked thread