Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cop gay. So What posted:

Just imagine all of my posting you missed out on during those 6 hours.

It's the principle of the thing anyways. If we can't shitpost in our own lounge thread then are we really free men, I ask of you.

whip probated me a bunch for drunk thread posts but i somehow managed to carry on and not turn into a whiny bitch about it. arent you suppose to be a tough copman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

`Nemesis posted:

lol you're dumb as gently caress. I live in Milwaukee county and Clarke is a regular guest appearance on conservative talk radio, Fox News, NRA functions, and his plainly spoken political views are very conservative. But cool, shoot from the hip and make yourself look like an idiot.

What has he commented on that's outside the realm of law enforcement, defense, personal safety, incarceration, etc.? About the only non-LE related issue on his own campaign website are a few platform points on the public school system. What specific issues is he extremely conservative on that he's spoken out about? Law enforcement shouldn't be a conservative/liberal right/left or political issue at all, which is another discussion entirely, but we've managed to politicize it. It just so happens that an elected minority democratic Sheriff with strong pro-law enforcement views who happens to be one of the only pro-LE voices in the public spotlight is maybe something the people are interested in? At a time when anti-police rhetoric is so high and seems to be centered squarely around minority issues, you don't understand how someone like Sheriff Clarke might help lend some credibility to the institution?

You can't throw a dart at the map without hitting a white republican pro-LE sheriff or chief in this country so yeah, Clarke is gonna be sought out for interviews and media relations.

Maybe the fact he continues to win has nothing to do with party-line voters and more to do with his pro-LE anti-crime agenda, his background, and his public perception? Or maybe it's just that democrats are so dumb that they've been voting for a republican for a decade, I wouldn't put it past them but hey that's your party not mine. Have a nice day forums user 'Nemesis, and go gently caress yourself you insufferable retard.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 29, 2015

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cop gay. So What posted:

What has he commented on that's outside the realm of law enforcement, defense, personal safety, incarceration, etc.? About the only non-LE related issue on his own campaign website are a few platform points on the public school system. What specific issues is he extremely conservative on that he's spoken out about? Law enforcement shouldn't be a conservative/liberal right/left or political issue at all, which is another discussion entirely, but we've managed to politicize it. It just so happens that an elected minority democratic Sheriff with strong pro-law enforcement views who happens to be one of the only pro-LE voices in the public spotlight is maybe something the people are interested in? At a time when anti-police rhetoric is so high and seems to be centered squarely around minority issues, you don't understand how someone like Sheriff Clarke might help lend some credibility to the institution?

You can't throw a dart at the map without hitting a white republican pro-LE sheriff or chief in this country so yeah, Clarke is gonna be sought out for interviews and media relations.

Maybe the fact he continues to win has nothing to do with party-line voters and more to do with his pro-LE anti-crime agenda, his background, and his public perception? Or maybe it's just that democrats are so dumb that they've been voting for a republican for a decade, I wouldn't put it past them but hey that's your party not mine. Have a nice day forums user 'Nemesis, and go gently caress yourself you insufferable retard.

hahahaha

Cool that you have such a strong persecution complex that you can deduce my political views from a politically neutral post.

The real idiots are party line voters, and you.

Edit: if you really want to discuss this, we can take it to the ask a cop goon thread or something, I don't think this fits with the lounge thread.

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 29, 2015

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

DrakeriderCa posted:

look at the greasy poo poo you could get away with

this = job satisfaction

:yikes:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
are there any sherriffs that have run a successful election campaign on pro crime and anti leo agenda?!?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Every Democratic Sheriff and every Democrat-mayor appointed Chief, if we ask Shep.

He thinks the country is "anti-cop" when someone asks if some places need supervision.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

are there any sherriffs that have run a successful election campaign on pro crime and anti leo agenda?!?

baltimore city sheriff probably

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Lol at you, "pro crime" is "hey maybe rehabilitation" according to the most of the country.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I'm pro-crime since more crime = job security. If all crime went away tomorrow I'd have to flip burgers or something.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I am anti-Shep

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Shep needs a hug.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Wtf is with all the careposting in the lounge thread

I like to argue about stupid poo poo like politics too but I have the decency to keep it on Facebook and news website comment sections :colbert:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I like to post about my extreme and mis-informed political views on youtube video comment sections and I get extremely angry and personally offensive if someone doesn't agree with me.

Careposting in here is on the same level.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
you're on mobile patrol on your own.

what music do you listen to?

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.

Hezzy posted:

I play pandora on my laptop. "Rage against the Machine" station

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

whip probated me a bunch for drunk thread posts but i somehow managed to carry on and not turn into a whiny bitch about it. arent you suppose to be a tough copman?

To be fair I probated a lot of people for no reason at all other than my amusement.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

Patrol on your own? Please....

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
New "south" tag is p.hilarous

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I want my god drat confederate flag back. Heritage not hate. 06/29 is GiP's 9/11

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

chartley posted:

Patrol on your own? Please....

sorry your highnesses

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

sorry your highnesses

Rolling in pairs is where it's at. Means someone else can drive and I can guitar solo using the baton with one foot on the dash.

Recent favourite was some powerful queen tracks. Only catch was the bus full of people beside with a tremendous view. No regrets.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Vahakyla posted:

Lol at you, "pro crime" is "hey maybe rehabilitation" according to the most of the country.

:rolldice:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
probation/parole is an even bigger joke than our overall justice system in america so lol at rehabilitation.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Force every prisoner to do manual labor reconstructing America's infrastructure. Arbeit mach frei and all that. :911:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I am anti-Shep

You won't make me cry again, I have no more tears left to cry for you.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Convicted murderer escapes with the help of a CO...again

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/29/us/north-carolina-inmate-escape-capture/index.html

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

hahahaha

Cool that you have such a strong persecution complex that you can deduce my political views from a politically neutral post.

The real idiots are party line voters, and you.

Edit: if you really want to discuss this, we can take it to the ask a cop goon thread or something, I don't think this fits with the lounge thread.

That's cool, I like talking about sheriff Clarke the people's sheriff, but I disagree with you that it's party line voters that keep him in office (see: increasingly bigger margins of victory every election). That's the extent of my argument and is worthy of a lounge post. Now let me buy you a beer friend.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cop gay. So What posted:

That's cool, I like talking about sheriff Clarke the people's sheriff, but I disagree with you that it's party line voters that keep him in office (see: increasingly bigger margins of victory every election). That's the extent of my argument and is worthy of a lounge post. Now let me buy you a beer friend.

Nah, he wins big in the actual election because the republican challenger is usually a no-name scrub. He only won the democratic primary by 4%... 52% to 48%. In 2010 it was 53% to 47%. He doesn't have much opposition - it's usually just this city police LT who runs against him. No worries either way :)

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I really don't understand why the brass had issues with our narcs being called the "Criminal Undercover Narcotics Team" .

:v:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Is anyone complaining about David Sweat being shot in the back/unarmed yet?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
corrections is dumb, corrections officers are dumber, and any CO that helps an inmate with ANYTHING is the worst.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

You loving cops, you loving piss rear end pigs. God drat you all.

You made me buy a zebra pen and I love it.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Also pencil.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Doesn't matter he wasn't black

Edit: I bought a roller ball pen and it sucked rear end don't buy those.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 30, 2015

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I used a gel pen the other day it was quite nice to write with

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

white people dont care when a cop shoots our worthless thugs so no

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

nothing but zebra pen tickets from now on

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Pilot G2.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

I used a gel pen the other day it was quite nice to write with

I stole a fistful of pens from your London Bridge nick and then emptied my guts in to your toilets. Even your toilet roll is softer than the Met's and all of the officers were walking about with smiles. It's all very foreign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I stole a fistful of pens from your London Bridge nick and then emptied my guts in to your toilets. Even your toilet roll is softer than the Met's and all of the officers were walking about with smiles. It's all very foreign.

BTP up north is a cushy gig, we're not constantly blue lighting everywhere but we get a fair bit of work done. BTP in London is a case of arresting and then handing everything over to a case management team. All they do is walk around and talk to the public, respond to jobs, nick people and that's it.

• Locked thread