Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

jetz0r posted:

Any time we were contesting a target against another guild, a few people would be busy reporting any names in that guild that MIGHT violate the naming policy. And if anyone said "poo poo" in /say, you better believe there would be 5 reports on that within 2 minutes.

It also jammed up the petition queue to slow down any response to actually issues that might come up.

Yeah I remember fighting with guilds for dungeons. Good times... (not really)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

darkhand posted:

Pure melees are just bad. Monks are like barely above mage pet, rogues are even worse than that. I think SKs were always able to solo, albeit slowly in the beginning, then they can't, then they can again.

Gimme a holla on Ragefire.Ouija if you ever need some help

I'm in as Goonlord. I tried to farm up some Decayed Armor pieces last night but quickly found it's impossible to solo the healers inside of CT at my level. Have any alts in the mid 30s? Would be ok to group there. All I ever see inside of CT are mage box groups, have had a hard time finding an actual group. Also my character doesn't feel weak at all, maybe I am just used to P99 where soloing is a complete shitfest as melee past level 10.

By the way I am in False Prophecy if anyone wants to join. It's a pretty nice guild, a lot of the poopsockers burned out already though. They were raiding Hate last night and asking in guild if people needed drops.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Yeah back in the day language was always one of those things that would be are and arbitrarily enforced. I'm just surprised it's a thing now, because even rare arbitrary enforcement requires a GM or two, and Daybreak does not seem inclined to spend money on those things.

Arbitrary profanity/name enforcement is has always been a SOE hallmark. I was once suspended for a week in Planetside for a character name that while maybe offensive, wasn't that bad, after having had it for like six months. In a fit of juvenile pique I made another account, named a character "N1ggerJ1m" and spammed public channels with "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family." My goal was to just roll free accounts and annoy people until I got bored. I never got banned. I spammed that poo poo for about three hours until my autism could not longer hold out and logged off. The next day the character was still there. Weeks later still there. I eventually deleted it because I didn't want to get a machine ID ban or w/e months or years after forgetting about the escapades of N1ggerJ1m.

I cannot conceive of how their system could register and respond to a player report of a bad name, but not hundreds and hundreds of racial slurs.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Dracneir posted:

I'm in as Goonlord. I tried to farm up some Decayed Armor pieces last night but quickly found it's impossible to solo the healers inside of CT at my level. Have any alts in the mid 30s? Would be ok to group there. All I ever see inside of CT are mage box groups, have had a hard time finding an actual group. Also my character doesn't feel weak at all, maybe I am just used to P99 where soloing is a complete shitfest as melee past level 10.

By the way I am in False Prophecy if anyone wants to join. It's a pretty nice guild, a lot of the poopsockers burned out already though. They were raiding Hate last night and asking in guild if people needed drops.
Someone hosed up the fear trash spawns and they spawn at weird hours now, so all I can do is hate. It sucks because it drops 0 necro gear except for Inny and I'm literally the last person ever getting necro drops from gods.

Sergiu64
May 21, 2014

Well, Kunark isn't getting released for at least another 2 months according to exit polls so you've got plenty of time.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Arbitrary profanity/name enforcement is has always been a SOE hallmark. I was once suspended for a week in Planetside for a character name that while maybe offensive, wasn't that bad, after having had it for like six months. In a fit of juvenile pique I made another account, named a character "N1ggerJ1m" and spammed public channels with "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family." My goal was to just roll free accounts and annoy people until I got bored. I never got banned. I spammed that poo poo for about three hours until my autism could not longer hold out and logged off. The next day the character was still there. Weeks later still there. I eventually deleted it because I didn't want to get a machine ID ban or w/e months or years after forgetting about the escapades of N1ggerJ1m.

I remember sitting on the Oasis dock back in '99 and typing offensive character name ideas into group chat with a friend a few zones away, just trying to being funny. Well after a few I hosed up and didn't put the /g at the front of my chat and typed "Nazi McKillniggers" in /say and naive me, instantly got panicked and /q'd out. So all anyone saw was a druid sitting on the dock in total silence, minding his own business, before suddenly blurting out "Nazi McKillniggers" and going linkdead.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Slim Killington posted:

I remember sitting on the Oasis dock back in '99 and typing offensive character name ideas into group chat with a friend a few zones away, just trying to being funny. Well after a few I hosed up and didn't put the /g at the front of my chat and typed "Nazi McKillniggers" in /say and naive me, instantly got panicked and /q'd out. So all anyone saw was a druid sitting on the dock in total silence, minding his own business, before suddenly blurting out "Nazi McKillniggers" and going linkdead.

:golfclap:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Did they do polls to change the unlock schedule on TLP or something?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
There's a poll right now asking when the unlock vote should be taken (immediately, 3 months, 6 months).

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Where do you think the server will be in mid-November?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Somewhere in the middle of Luclin, with TL having finished entirely and the next nearest guild just finishing AoW (TL having given it up to move on). There'll be a vote about opening PoP. Every worthwhile camp from Kunark forward will still be held hostage for Krono.

Basically exactly like it is right now, with more new zones and new camps that you can't get.

I don't mind if Kunark opens early, but it's not gonna fix poo poo. Boxers and bots will still overrun every camp and hold rare poo poo hostage for Krono. The only thing it will do is make an even-bigger gap between the number one guys and everyone else.

If the state of the server does/doesn't bother you currently, things shouldn't be any different come November.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 29, 2015

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
What's a Krono and why are people camping them around the clock? Is that like a time card thing that mobs drop or something?

I'm not currently playing because I've been in the boonies away from Internet since launch, and will be until November. I'm phone posting on 2G right now.

So the schedule is way faster than originally planned from the sound of it, and people don't actually want to spend half a year in the old world? Shocking!

PoP over the winter would be okay, that's when stuff gets good anyway. I'd kind of like to play through Velious, but it's not like Velious would be enjoyable.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The real question is did you guys get all your void stones and fungi tunics before they removed them? :o

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Why did they take fungi tunics out? Those still drop on live don't they?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kazak_Hstan posted:

fungi got removed eons ago back in kunark i think.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

What's a Krono and why are people camping them around the clock? Is that like a time card thing that mobs drop or something?

I'm not currently playing because I've been in the boonies away from Internet since launch, and will be until November. I'm phone posting on 2G right now.

So the schedule is way faster than originally planned from the sound of it, and people don't actually want to spend half a year in the old world? Shocking!

PoP over the winter would be okay, that's when stuff gets good anyway. I'd kind of like to play through Velious, but it's not like Velious would be enjoyable.

Kronos are like timecards yeah. Very similar to EVE Online PLEX. Krono prices almost never go down so you can just sit on dozens/hudreds of them and resell them later for huge returns. Or you can sell them on the grey market for like 8-11$ a pop, or you can use them to pay for your accounts and save money.

Like if I sell a FBSS for 2 kronos, the kronos will continue to go up in value expansion after expansion, while the fbss will continue to drop in value.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

Huh. I remember solo camping some tunics in like ... 2006. I figured they were still in. Or maybe hey replaced it with another less good tunic? I sold them for pretty good dollar. Or maybe I'm totally full of poo poo.

darkhand posted:

Kronos are like timecards yeah. Very similar to EVE Online PLEX. Krono prices almost never go down so you can just sit on dozens/hudreds of them and resell them later for huge returns. Or you can sell them on the grey market for like 8-11$ a pop, or you can use them to pay for your accounts and save money.

Like if I sell a FBSS for 2 kronos, the kronos will continue to go up in value expansion after expansion, while the fbss will continue to drop in value.

Do the Kronos drop in game, or are they just like eve plex, and only originally available for purchase with real money, then available for either trade in game or redemption for game time?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Al Borland posted:

The real question is did you guys get all your void stones and fungi tunics before they removed them? :o

lol what are you even talking about, these aren't real things.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Huh. I remember solo camping some tunics in like ... 2006. I figured they were still in. Or maybe hey replaced it with another less good tunic? I sold them for pretty good dollar. Or maybe I'm totally full of poo poo.

Do the Kronos drop in game, or are they just like eve plex, and only originally available for purchase with real money, then available for either trade in game or redemption for game time?

They don't drop; yeah you buy them/can trade for them, then you equip them and when your sub is up it consumes them. But they also show up on all your characters in every Daybreak game.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So approx what's a Krono going for on ragefire?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jotto posted:

lol what are you even talking about, these aren't real things.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3650

was the manastone sorry i haven't played in like 12 years.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Fungi used to be the common drop and they switched it to his rare I guess is what he is thinking about.

TLP is pointless to play on right now. It isn't classic, the time frames are way too long, boxing is out of hand, etc. Unless you get a hardon for poopsocking mobs that drop lovely loot there is nothing here for you. I was all in until this weekend. Think I will keep a guy leveled up and come back mid velious and give it another shot. I'm guessing most will have quit by then.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Al Borland posted:

the fungi tunic didn't even get introduced until kunark and it still drops to this day.

The mana stone was never on the tlp, because it's not a reversion to 1999 it just happens to be all the classic zones on a modern server.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Vomik posted:

the fungi tunic didn't even get introduced until kunark and it still drops to this day.

The mana stone was never on the tlp, because it's not a reversion to 1999 it just happens to be all the classic zones on a modern server.

I will never forget the day that I traded a Robe of the Ishva for a Manastone, long after it was taken out of the game.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Kazak_Hstan posted:

So approx what's a Krono going for on ragefire?

http://ragefireprices.info

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Kronos have inflated from 700 to 2000 in the last week and a half. The stupid thing is, most people in the market selling items don't understand that a Krono as a unit of currency does not alter the plat value of an item.

GEBs for example: GEBs a week ago sold for like, 3 Krono when Kronos were trading at 1000. Okay, so the market value on GEBs is around 3k. Well the price of the Krono rises due the problems mentioned above, and everyone farming GEBs are still trying to sell them at 3 Krono. Except GEBs didn't change in value from 3000 to 5800. Krono as a currency is causing all sorts of hosed-up problems to the marketplace.

Also re: Fungi, Kunark isn't even available yet for it to have come and gone on Ragefire/Lockjaw.

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

Fungi tunics have never been nerfed or ever stopped dropping. Although they may have changed the drop rate at some point.

J
Jun 10, 2001

:corsair:

I think he was talking about the fungus covered great staff that got removed.

:corsair:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The things you can get right now, that you can't get later are the any-class-click DE mask and rubicite armor.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

J posted:

I think he was talking about the fungus covered great staff that got removed.

darkhand posted:

The things you can get right now, that you can't get later are the any-class-click DE mask and rubicite armor.

He was thinking of the Rubi BP.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

<Apok> was in sky literally all day yesterday. They killed eye of veeshan like 2 or 3 times. Well the starting islands start repopping and we head up there to key people and get loots with a pretty small force.

We get to bees and apok starts porting back up. They must have got mad we cleared the islands so they send up a pretty big team to gently caress with us. We killed the rear end in a top hat dual split bee, those facestabbers take a pretty big poo poo on us but we recover.

As they send up people we lock down corpses and start deleting keys which made them really mad. So they pull the single split/boss bee. Looking pretty good for them and bad for us as the boss bee spawns, so we about to pack up and head to freshly spawning hate. Boss bee gets to about 40% and takes a huge poo poo all over their tanks, they're wiping! As their dying breathe they try to train it on us. All they dps is reset since they died so we just stomped her. Turned in keys to sirran, pushed loot out and jumped down.

I really wish they were streaming that.:cawg:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm glad I play in a euro guild and don't have to deal with that poo poo.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Apok is like 3x worse than TL behavior wise. They are just bad players too though, so their effects don't ripple as badly.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I've had plenty of negative run-ins with Apok, just not at raid-level content. Their poo poo is usually confined to training or half-assed attempts at KSing in Guk or SolB. TL I've have no personal problems with, and they're fine to group with, they'll just outright take a camp away from you with zero announcement or response. Can't really get mad at them for it if I can't contest the camp.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
Well, from my point of view they basically crushed me with their latest decision to make Lockjaw 6 months till Kunark and Ragefire 3. I realize based on the poll results it makes decent sense and I'm not one of those people that can't understand a 3 month or ASAP vote both constituted a sooner-than-6-months vote, so that's not what I'm here to dispute. I figure I'm in the minority of players, who played on LJ to raid and not as some kind of casual safe haven, so I wanted ASAP or 3 months on LJ. Now it feels like I need to transfer to RF if I want to get Kunark sooner, losing my names in the process, and having to work out how I want to personally deal with what sounds like a bad situation with TL (the best solution seems to be just try and join them). The alternative is stay on LJ and twiddle my thumbs for five months. Maybe I just need to give it some time and I'll see the silver lining or something, but for right now I can't think of a worse outcome. If they had done nothing at all I'd feel like it was better. I realize this is something of a minority position so I'm not mad at DBG per se, I'm just disappointed things didn't work out for me at all with the results.

That EQ2 TLP looks interesting, but the sad thing is this sort of decision makes me question DBG's ability to manage any TLP to my satisfaction, regardless of the actual game (EQ1 or 2), so its kind of taken the wind out of those sails too.

Irrational Man fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 1, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You still have time to start on ragefire. You still have a lot of time if you wanted to take a break until luclin or pop. .

I'm slowly leveling an alt wizard for ports and stuff. If you make a de I can get you to lvl 5ish in 2minutes.

Get your raid epic peices if you have any, and just wait for transfers off lj if you want. It may be easier to get them on LJ.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 1, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Irrational Man posted:

That EQ2 TLP looks interesting, but the sad thing is this sort of decision makes me question DBG's ability to manage any TLP to my satisfaction, regardless of the actual game (EQ1 or 2), so its kind of taken the wind out of those sails too.

:soe:

Literally any decision about TLPs is going to piss people off.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I'm done. It was really two things that did it for me, LJ being 6 months and Holly saying that casuals don't deserve kills. Every MMO in the world, including EQ, instances now. How can you say that 98% of both servers don't deserve to ever do content. Kronos, monks, mages, out of era spells, pickzones, etc but they draw the line at not instancing raid bosses because "classic".

And no way am I staying on Lockjaw so that I can get Kunark on a dead server a couple of weeks before Velious opens on RF.

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004

Malt posted:

And no way am I staying on Lockjaw so that I can get Kunark on a dead server a couple of weeks before Velious opens on RF.

Yeah when facing down this exact choice, I hope people realize what a dumb call 6 mo of classic is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Does this mean it's a bad time to resub for LJ? I haven't touched the progression servers yet this time around, but I'm itching for some MMO action in a 20 year old game