Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Is this it? Is this the year that the wheels finally fall off Antonio Gates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

He's off the chart.

:lol: :eyepop:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
all that graph proves to me is that i now have visual evidence for my gently caress TEs crusade

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

all that graph proves to me is that i now have visual evidence for my gently caress TEs crusade

Proves to me that I'll be drafting Gronk at every opportunity available.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

TNG posted:

He himself is saying that he is going to take a smaller workload this year, and be a third down option for Rivers. That'll likely last as long as the offense works; Green just isn't Gates, and doesn't have the size or innate route talent Gates does.

Then again, McCoy wants the offense to get more ground-heavy this season so that might dovetail nicely with a decreased workload from Gates.

So, tl;dr, yeah.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Who isn't planning on going to the run? Saints, Broncos. I guess it's the natural flow in the sunset of so many good passers.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 29, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Broncos will run because Kubiak is the coach

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I think I will have 6 leagues this year but they will at least all be on Yahoo soooo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I think I will have 6 leagues this year but they will at least all be on Yahoo soooo

Me too but 4 Yahoo, 1 ESPN (Cheating for Charity) and 1 NFL.com (:barf:)

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Spoeank posted:

and 1 NFL.com (:barf:)

Why would you do this to yourself

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

TNG posted:

I don't think so, Former Basketball Players are the poo poo and I think they can be at least relevant in Fantasy in their older years.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

railroad terror posted:

Still better than CBS, which is terrible and costs $150 on top of being terrible.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah, my live draft league uses CBS and it makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Unfortunately it's for all the marbles so there's no avoiding it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

railroad terror posted:

I like it better than Yahoo. I'm in two yahoo leagues and I'm tempted to drop them both simply because they're on Yahoo. Can't stand the interface.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So we've now ruled out NFL.com, CBS, and Yahoo. Is ESPN really that good (or least bad) outside of some custom MFL draft?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Thwomp posted:

So we've now ruled out NFL.com, CBS, and Yahoo. Is ESPN really that good (or least bad) outside of some custom MFL draft?

Yes. ESPN is bar none the best free fantasy website. The MFL interface is inferior but the customization is the best you'll find, so if you want a crazy league where you win for having the lowest scoring starters or something, that's your site. Some people prefer Yahoo, actually, but many hate it. Some people hate ESPN so ymmv, though.

NFL's site is overly simplified and tends to have horrible projections but it looks the nicest. That's probably your best bet for getting people new to fantasy involved.

I honestly do not for the life of me understand some people's infatuation with Yahoo's interface. I think it's dog crap, especially since at least once a year there will be a day where you can't properly set your lineup.

CBS has the worst player information, the worst sorting, the worst stat layout, the worst waiver wire. The one thing it does have is an interesting recap email every week that lets you not pay attention to the other matches that week but enables you to talk poo poo about them anyway.

ESPN is my favorite because I've never had a problem with the site that prevented me from setting a lineup, the waiver page is easy to navigate, it has the easiest to read and best day-of updating stats of all the sites imo, and it allows a pretty good deal of customization. I can't think of anything I dislike about it, really.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People seem to base their good/bad opinions solely on the phone app interfaces. ESPN's is apparently bad and Yahoo's is apparently good. I exclusively use the normal browser interfaces and ESPN is the best for that imo.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

ESPN is my favorite because I've never had a problem with the site that prevented me from setting a lineup, the waiver page is easy to navigate, it has the easiest to read and best day-of updating stats of all the sites imo, and it allows a pretty good deal of customization. I can't think of anything I dislike about it, really.

The draft center is an unforgivable travesty of design.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

NFL's site is overly simplified and tends to have horrible projections but it looks the nicest. That's probably your best bet for getting people new to fantasy involved.

Yeah, their projections might sometimes not make mathematical sense...

To be fair though, it was correct in that I made the playoffs in that league as the top seed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

railroad terror posted:

I got hyped into joining a league and I committed and then I got the invite :negative:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I may just be used to it but Yahoo and ESPN are both fine and I don't have any recent experience with the other ones.

Every year when it's time to start up again I have to find yahoo's ff page and it usually involves going through yahoo's other pages i.e. trying to navigate through some aggressively bad and busy design decisions.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I only use Yahoo's, that's after playing in league's on ESPN and NFL.com. Yahoo is nice, but I wish there were a bit more customization options, especially for IDP scoring.

I've been trying to get my league to convert to fleaflicker, but they all sound content with yahoo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pangstrom posted:

I may just be used to it but Yahoo and ESPN are both fine and I don't have any recent experience with the other ones.

Every year when it's time to start up again I have to find yahoo's ff page and it usually involves going through yahoo's other pages i.e. trying to navigate through some aggressively bad and busy design decisions.

Their fantasy landing page is easy enough to remember though: fantasysports.yahoo.com

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
No need to remember a landing page when you never close your twenty fantasy tabs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bookmarks are so easy -_-

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
ESPN is probably the least worst but their site could really use an update. Stuff like adding multiple people off waivers takes too many clicks for a website in TYOOL 2015, and the aforementioned draft center is just kind of an unwieldy monstrosity. It really stands out how outdated the fantasy section is in terms of design when you compare it to the rest of ESPN and their Web 2.0-empty-space-and-thumbnails-everywhere nonsense. Granted, I wouldn't want the fantasy section to become that either, but it could certainly use something more than just having to click a bunch of links/players/buttons to do the simplest things.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Its Miller Time posted:

Who isn't planning on going to the run? Saints, Broncos. I guess it's the natural flow in the sunset of so many good passers.

The Broncos are 100% running a ton. Manning has been doing almost all his preseason snaps from the shotgun and Kubes is a run first kinda coach. The Broncos are trying to emulate the Elway Super Bowl years; aging quarterback behind heavy run game. Imagine the last 1/4th of the Broncos season in 2014 and you'll have a better picture of what to expect.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Yes. ESPN is bar none the best free fantasy website. The MFL interface is inferior but the customization is the best you'll find, so if you want a crazy league where you win for having the lowest scoring starters or something, that's your site. Some people prefer Yahoo, actually, but many hate it. Some people hate ESPN so ymmv, though.

I honestly do not for the life of me understand some people's infatuation with Yahoo's interface. I think it's dog crap, especially since at least once a year there will be a day where you can't properly set your lineup.

CBS has the worst player information, the worst sorting, the worst stat layout, the worst waiver wire. The one thing it does have is an interesting recap email every week that lets you not pay attention to the other matches that week but enables you to talk poo poo about them anyway.

:agreed:

Is there a way to switch ESPN so it doesn't rank players by position only? That's my only real complaint about their site.

e: Realized I was in the football forum and this is more a complaint of the baseball/hockey side of the ESPN fantasy site. Would still like to know the answer if anyone knows.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:agreed:

Is there a way to switch ESPN so it doesn't rank players by position only? That's my only real complaint about their site.

e: Realized I was in the football forum and this is more a complaint of the baseball/hockey side of the ESPN fantasy site. Would still like to know the answer if anyone knows.

The answer is yes, click on the stat you want to sort by at the top and it sorts high-low and vice versa for all available stats iirc

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I meant the overall rank.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I meant the overall rank.

Oh, hold on, you mean in the draft application? Yeah, you can edit the pre-draft rankings to whatever you want. I tend to always do this.

If you mean sorting by points, yeah, you can sort all players (regardless of position) by points too, it's just that doing that is less useful than you'd think.

If you mean "do they have a general ranking instead of only positional rankings so I can see where they value players overall" the answer is also yes but you might have to find that in one of their fantasy articles or wait for the draft to pop and see the default rankings.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 29, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

old dog child posted:

The Broncos are 100% running a ton. Manning has been doing almost all his preseason snaps from the shotgun and Kubes is a run first kinda coach. The Broncos are trying to emulate the Elway Super Bowl years; aging quarterback behind heavy run game. Imagine the last 1/4th of the Broncos season in 2014 and you'll have a better picture of what to expect.

Keeping CJ Anderson in the 18th unngghhhhhh

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I'm in one CBS league and one ESPN. ESPN seems ok. Their player blurbs are pretty useless. My biggest complaint in that on the ESPN site there's no way that I know of to compare all 12 teams at a glance. On CBS I can see, in a grid, who's hoarding 6 RBs or who only has one QB without going through each team player by player. On the other hand its crazy paying $150 to CBS when a perfectly adequate ESPN is free. I think this year we're finally making the switch. Can you carry over historical data to ESPN? I won the league last year and I'd hate for that to be lost forever.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bookmarks are so easy -_-
Nobody cares about my bookmarking and of course nobody should but I delete and re-create the fantasy bookmarks every year, just because they take up space in the meantime and I have a lot of bookmarks. Going through Yahoo pages once a year isn't the end of the world, it's even sort of interesting in like a "visiting a bizarre tribe in the rainforest" sense.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: :siren: Cheating For Charity 2015 Is Live! :siren: :siren:

In the last two years SA fantasy football nerds have managed to raise $3496. Every dime of that money (I cover the fees) has gone to charity. In 2013 the money went towards a pair children's hospitals, and last year the winners were an academy for children with autism and a speech therapy college fund. This year I'm hoping to beat our previous record of $2460, and if anyone is interested in joining up the more the merrier. This is, by far, the most competitive league I have ever played in. The cause is good, the play is serious, and it's a lot of fun.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beware if you join the league though because halfway through the draft you slowly start to hate yourself because it's so goddamned difficult.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'd rather deal with the one day a month that Yahoo is down than have to deal with clicking a thousand links to do anything on ESPN

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets 2015-06-30

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Beersheets, it's really starting to feel like a new season. I like the E/S/P idea, I tend to forget how a player did last year only to realize I drafted someone who had 600 yards but everyone assumes will get 1200...

I feel honored to be the first SA "hey, could you do..."

Could you do MFL's? A lot of people play it, maybe label it as such for other people? There's also just 1 standard sizing - using your language it's 1PPR 1QB 2R 3W 1T 1F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I agree, ESP would make Fantasy Football a lot better

• Locked thread