Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
They need to start playing What Am I Thinking again, I always enjoy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Can't top Aukerman-Pardo synergy so there is no point.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I don't love listening to What Am I Thinking, but it is the BEST long car trip game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Heynong man.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

VagueRant posted:

What is that even in reference to? Is this some kind of insight into your religious childhood?

I needed some reference with "piece" in it and my mind immediately jumped to Ned Flanders' "Good thing I was carrying this piece of the One True Cross" line.

Shunkymonky posted:

I don't love listening to What Am I Thinking, but it is the BEST long car trip game.

It also makes a solid party game - even though it's one-on-one, the drunk assholes around you are going to get caught up in it and chime in when the two players can't meet in the obvious middle.

Holy poo poo. It didn't feel this dense listening to the episode itself.

Heynongman.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jun 25, 2015

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
With the way that 'heynong man' has taken off and become a huge sensation, I'm concerned that 'all jokes a salad' is being forgotten, which is a shame.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Hanford should really be on more, goddamn.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Harris could finally get married now...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Brock Samson posted:

His rear end in a top hat, at least.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

This was one of my first thoughts when I heard the news as well :(

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That joke doesn't work anymore so he should up date it maybe to something like "I'm not going to get married even now that gays can get married. That's because I'm dead"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i wonder if shelly driftwood consulted with dave davies on his oj book

edit: yeah this episode sets a record for how quickly they get into a batshit insane premise, love it. and i totally nailed that horatio sanz mixed up two of the characters he played in the past.

cams fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 29, 2015

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Saw Mantzoukas do some improv over the weekend and he dropped a Heynong Man in the middle of a scene. 20-30% of the crowd lost their poo poo. Everyone else had no loving clue what was happening.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Thoogsby posted:

Saw Mantzoukas do some improv over the weekend and he dropped a Heynong Man in the middle of a scene. 20-30% of the crowd lost their poo poo. Everyone else had no loving clue what was happening.

I would loving die.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I would loving die.

Don't ruin it for me; I'm assuming you always had that name.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

i wonder if shelly driftwood consulted with dave davies on his oj book

edit: yeah this episode sets a record for how quickly they get into a batshit insane premise, love it. and i totally nailed that horatio sanz mixed up two of the characters he played in the past.

Dave Davies is my favorite Horatio character so the abrupt turn into his history threw me. This is phenomenal. "I like to think of them as stories."

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Dave Davies is my favorite Horatio character so the abrupt turn into his history threw me. This is phenomenal. "I like to think of them as stories."

I've been listening to the Hooray show and have fallen in love with Horatio. He just seems like a sweet guy.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Omnishambles posted:

I've been listening to the Hooray show and have fallen in love with Horatio. He just seems like a sweet guy.

The Hooray Show is my new favorite show, loved his appearances on both SNL and CBB.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jesus christ this weeks episode was the best. loving Horatio.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Horatio is the best. Saw this on the Earwolf forms, dude just really loves talking about OJ:

quote:

It also gets confusing because almost all of Horatio's characters have connections to O.J., however tangential. Davy "Chico" Davis is writing a book about the O.J. trial, which he recorded on multiple VHS tapes. Shelly Driftwood got a job at the Porsche-Maserati-Volkswagen dealership by telling the owner that his wife was having sex with an electrician who later died from electrocution installing a hot tub at O.J.’s house. And now, Shelly has also written multiple O.J. books. Joe France’s' Star Graves Tour goes by O.J.’s house in Brentwood once a year on the date O.J. was convicted for stealing his own memorabilia. Barzelona Marriott has a copy of the Inquirer from 1993 that predicted O.J. would have an accomplice when he would commit murder the following year. And so on . . .

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Horatio loves ragging on black people, and OJ was the ultimate target from his SNL 90s heyday.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

If you plan on seeing the new Pixar film and haven't yet make sure you pay attention for the scene with the fry vault

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Fawf posted:

If you plan on seeing the new Pixar film and haven't yet make sure you pay attention for the scene with the fry vault

Wait, what?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Jesus christ this weeks episode was the best. loving Horatio.

Horatio sat behind me at the UCB last night, more stoned than usual because it was a weed-themed show, and he did the "I'm so high I can't stop laughing" laugh for literally the first half-hour. It ruled.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The comic Scott's been plugging is out today.
https://www.comixology.com/Secret-Wars-Journal-2015-3-of-5/digital-comic/246437?ref=c2l0ZS9saXN0L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDczMjA

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If the wars are secret, why would you keep a journal of them?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I think it was originally Sucrets but they couldn't secure the license.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

my freaking store was sold out! his deadpool had a good webhead reference

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's WSGLL features Santa and Ho Ho.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/paul-f-tompkins-the-north-pod-with-santa-claus/

:)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This really was Christmas in July. Just PFT and Lauren cracking themselves up for an hour. Grepisode.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Monday's episode wasn't great, but Scott freaking out on Paul Brittain for refusing to play along and "yes, and..." was pretty funny.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Dacap posted:

Monday's episode wasn't great, but Scott freaking out on Paul Brittain for refusing to play along and "yes, and..." was pretty funny.

I really enjoyed it, both Jimmy and Scott trying to figure out the game the whole time, trying to lead the interview somewhere and Paul just kept cutting it off. I suppose that's what "anti-humor" is?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I thought it was goddamn hilarious. But I like when skilled improvisers gently caress with each other in a fun way.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I liked it a lot too. The show is better when it gets out of Scott's control.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I loved it but I looked at the comments section on earwolf and a lot of people are like "man paul was really having an off day"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dacap posted:

Scott exploding on Fitch made the whole thing worth it. That was a great 2 minutes of Aukerman rage.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Dacap posted:

Yeah I don't think it was actually that good of an ep but I'm glad they gave it a go because it's a funny concept. I love Jimmy Pardo but I wonder if having him there as another straight man kind of hurt the bit.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I liked the episode but can see why someone wouldn't (even someone who "gets" it). Kinda disappointed the bomb in the end actually went off.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Didn't laugh wasn't funny. That's my metric.

Edit: Actually, Scott actually flipping out might have made the 20-30 minutes of Fitch worth it. I take it back.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Am I supposed to have heard of the Dan Band? Because I have never heard of the Dan Band.