Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
One Riddler trophy left and i'm wondering if the sheer volume of them is simply to make it all the more satisfying when you finally kick the poo poo out of him.

Does new game+ do the same thing as city and let you skip them all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kin posted:

Does new game+ do the same thing as city and let you skip them all?

It does.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

So do you have to ace every AR challenge to get all the upgrades, or can you just keep leveling up in NG+ and get them all eventually?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

GenoCanSing posted:

So do you have to ace every AR challenge to get all the upgrades, or can you just keep leveling up in NG+ and get them all eventually?

You keep getting levels and upgrade points from side quests in NG+. 100%'ing the game once and doing all the challenges isn't even enough to get all the upgrades.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Which I only just realized can SERIOUSLY gently caress you over if you buy the wrong upgrades. I'm post game now and need a gadget upgrade for a Riddler trophy that I have no way of purchasing.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Nameless Pete posted:

Which I only just realized can SERIOUSLY gently caress you over if you buy the wrong upgrades. I'm post game now and need a gadget upgrade for a Riddler trophy that I have no way of purchasing.

Which one?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I'm nearing 100% on Riddler trophies and I can't recall a single one that was upgrade dependant. They didn't do the upgrades that let you get more xp for more upgrades poo poo they did last game.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Lol at downloading almost 4 GB for a patch, its patch notes only say something about a leaderboard fix... And the leaderboards are still broken for me on PS4.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Unless I've read the puzzle wrong, multi batarangs, which no sensible person would otherwise waste the points on. I've still got some other trophies that I haven't found yet, so I should be able to just squeak it out, but it seems entirely possible to break the questline.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Really weird that you can't get XP by taking out random mooks on the street. Really changes the flow of the game. I'm doing way, way less fighting than I ever did in previous games.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Nameless Pete posted:

Unless I've read the puzzle wrong, multi batarangs, which no sensible person would otherwise waste the points on. I've still got some other trophies that I haven't found yet, so I should be able to just squeak it out, but it seems entirely possible to break the questline.

Is it the one you need to park your car to activate then hit a ton of question marks?

If it's the one I'm thinking of you can hook the batmobile to a power source nearby and get unlimited missiles. End game batmobile can do a 10X missile barrage

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 30, 2015

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Nameless Pete posted:

Did you try rapidpressing L2? Although I am 99% sure there were multiple batarang trophies in Asylum and City.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, he's also a playable character in challenge modes. They put a lot of work into him, though. He definitely doesn't reuse animations from any characters in Arkham City or anything, because that would be dumb.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here because Deathstroke in Arkham Origins is made almost entirely out of reused Robin and Ra's Al Ghul animations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Mr.Citrus posted:

I'm nearing 100% on Riddler trophies and I can't recall a single one that was upgrade dependant. They didn't do the upgrades that let you get more xp for more upgrades poo poo they did last game.

You need to upgrade the disruptor to take out mines and tanks. You also need the batmobile to have the emp upgrade but the game gives you that eventually anyway.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

GenoCanSing posted:

Did you try rapidpressing L2? Although I am 99% sure there were multiple batarang trophies in Asylum and City.

It's kind of dumb that Batman just kind of "forgets" how to throw multiple batarangs at once.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
SO on the subject of only accepting Animated series enemies, and wanting a less harmful enemy to round out the series, was anyone else wondering if they were gonna put in that woman from TAS who Batman could only beat by giving her an orgasm?

Nameless Pete posted:

Oh, that one. You don't need to hit them all at once, you justn eed to have hit each one once while it was flashing. Even if you had the multi batarang, it wouldn't help.

This is the one about Staggs airship, standing in one and hitting the side of the other, right?

Easiest way is to use the remote conteolled batarang, brake as you're flying over there, then when the 5th one lights up open the throttle.

Mr.Citrus posted:

There are two in the studios that are upgrade dependant - one needs the 5 person fear takedown, one needs the gun detonated mines upgrade.

Kin posted:

You need to upgrade the disruptor to take out mines and tanks. You also need the batmobile to have the emp upgrade but the game gives you that eventually anyway.

You don't need to disable any tanks. Any checkpoint where they have those guns inside the area has a way for you to launch the Batmobile in to just blow them up.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's kind of dumb that Batman just kind of "forgets" how to throw multiple batarangs at once.

Its basically Samus with her suit losing all upgrades each game, but its understandable.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Nameless Pete posted:

I got all the trophies and never got multi batarangs. Which trophy is it?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GenoCanSing posted:

Its basically Samus with her suit losing all upgrades each game, but its understandable.

At least Batman never refused to use 4X armor because Oracle didn't tell him to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fulchrum posted:

At least Batman never refused to use 4X armor because Oracle didn't tell him to.

Actually, there is that one moment in Arkham City where Alfred and the Oracle block Batman's digital locator on Talia to make him go take down Strange instead and he totally listens to them, so v:v:v

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, replaying arkham city for challenge map poo poo and the graphical leap really is amazing. nightwing in particular looks so much better in AK....in AC he had this weird loving lumpy face. motherfucka had lupus or something

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
These Brutes and the flying assassin attacks are totally throwing off my timing. I used to destroy all these thugs in the last arkham games.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Actually, there is that one moment in Arkham City where Alfred and the Oracle block Batman's digital locator on Talia to make him go take down Strange instead and he totally listens to them, so v:v:v

"Do your loving job and stop thinking with your dick" is not quite the same thing as "Kill yourself because I didn't tell you not to"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Narcissus1916 posted:

Really weird that you can't get XP by taking out random mooks on the street. Really changes the flow of the game. I'm doing way, way less fighting than I ever did in previous games.

:agreed:

I really have no incentive to get in the mix of things.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Narcissus1916 posted:

I pretty much do it anyway because it's nice to break up the gameplay of easily gliding from one side of the city to the other. Sometimes you just want to swoop down and punch a face, you know?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Pirate Jet posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here because Deathstroke in Arkham Origins is made almost entirely out of reused Robin and Ra's Al Ghul animations.

They're definitely being sarcastic.

Fulchrum posted:

SO on the subject of only accepting Animated series enemies, and wanting a less harmful enemy to round out the series, was anyone else wondering if they were gonna put in that woman from TAS who Batman could only beat by giving her an orgasm?

Roxy Rocket would've been a sensible character to have Batmobile races against.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

redbackground posted:

:agreed:

I really have no incentive to get in the mix of things.

the only use random thugs really have now are just training dummies to test out whatever new techniques/gadgets you've bought, it's kinda lame.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

MinibarMatchman posted:

nightwing in particular looks so much better in AK....in AC he had this weird loving lumpy face. motherfucka had lupus or something

I feel like Dick has always been awkward looking.

He was pretty awkward as the OG pantsless Robin, a look he even sported as a goddamned adult (??!!). He was pretty odd looking in the original disco Nightwing costume. His late 80s "badass" costume with the gold bird and the ponytail was disastrous. He even looked janky in The Animated Series compared to Robin and Batman. Then, he's either drawn with a goofy haircut, goofy street clothes, or odd body proportions.

poo poo, when Dick looked weird as gently caress in Arkham City, I just figured it was a tribute to this.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

You want a Batman Animated exclusive villain that's "less harmful?" Can't go any lower than Condiment King.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MinibarMatchman posted:

man, replaying arkham city for challenge map poo poo and the graphical leap really is amazing. nightwing in particular looks so much better in AK....in AC he had this weird loving lumpy face. motherfucka had lupus or something

it might have been a side effect of his AC model constantly doing the Dreamworks face

edit: new patch just came out for PS4/Xbone, apparently it's supposed to fix the leaderboards but they're still broken for me.

CharlestonJew fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 30, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Harley and Harleen have a surprising amount to say if you just idle sometimes.

Like right at the beginning, after the cops.

Harleen: Now would be an appropriate time to start over.
Harley: Or to end it all...

Girl is grim as Hell, really.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I walked out of the GCPD and two cops were taking a selfie with the Batmobile. Nice touch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

JFC posted:

I walked out of the GCPD and two cops were taking a selfie with the Batmobile. Nice touch.

I'm convinced that the reason the batmobile is shiny clean whenever you walk out of the GCPD is because the cops wash and wax it for you.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

al-azad posted:

You want a Batman Animated exclusive villain that's "less harmful?" Can't go any lower than Condiment King.

Condiment King was just someone brainwashed by the Joker. So given Rocksteady's track record, they woukd robably just talk about how Johnny Charisma shoved a tomato sauce bottle into a womans eyes. With Roxy there's less ways to make her gruesome.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm convinced that the reason the batmobile is shiny clean whenever you walk out of the GCPD is because the cops wash and wax it for you.

I like how one of the whiteboards in GCPD has shifts listed for Reneé Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones. I'm glad this thread told me to go back to GCPD periodically. It's cool seeing all the little changes.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kin posted:

You definitely need to upgrade multi-batarang to 3 batarangs in order to solve at least one puzzle that I stumbled across in the airships, at a time when I only had a measly 2 batarangs.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

acksplode posted:

You definitely need to upgrade multi-batarang to 3 batarangs in order to solve at least one puzzle that I stumbled across in the airships, at a time when I only had a measly 2 batarangs.

Yup and it's part of the progress on that mission. So you'll try a few times, because it's along the path to finishing then realize, ah, I need 3.

Also if you are absolutely struggling in any combat, upgrading health bars etc mid fight does re fill health.
I did it once in a fight with 3 brutes and a shock stick dude.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Welp, my save file is hosed. Wandered into a weapon cache trying to finish all the firemen, but since I haven't been told about it yet, I can't blow it up, nor will the door I entered from open. Restarting just drops me right back inside. :thumbsup:

edit: Ok, the game does keep some backups and I managed to rollback a bit. There's a guide here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046882422242/

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 30, 2015

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Welp, my save file is hosed. Wandered into a weapon cache trying to finish all the firemen, but since I haven't been told about it yet, I can't blow it up, nor will the door I entered from open. Restarting just drops me right back inside. :thumbsup:

They sure did a good job of punishing sequence breaking, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like Arkham Knight but it honestly seems worse about that than any other game in the franchise. I guess it's partially due to the size but stuff like the Airship bug sort of put the problems in the previous games to shame.

At least they can patch away on it.

• Locked thread