Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

WDIIA posted:

Was this actually stated by Seth somewhere, because my recollection was that this was just a fan theory that got reposted enough that it evolved into "truth"

I mean I actually believe it was something like that but I've listened to all of UYD twice and I don't remember him saying it (I could be wrong) [Also it doesn't really matter]

Looks like I got that directly from reddit's UYD site. I am disgusted with myself. Thank you for stopping my reign of error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Binowru posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's American Spirits

he mentioned wanting to get a sponsorship from them a few episodes back.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Matey posted:

It was that story where jonathan was in hawaii and hanging out with some locals who eventually gave him some "laced" weed and he claims it gave him paralysis and then they screamed at him because he bought weed from stacey or susan while in the locals house. Something like that

Specifically, after they said mean things to him while he was paralyzed, he finally managed to stumble outside and they hopped in a pickup truck and yelled "STACEY AND SUSAN!!!", as they peeled off. And Jah thinks they were pissed at him because he bought weed from someone else even though he was staying with those dealers. He tells the story in episode 43.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Is this clip on youtube anywhere

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

lets hang out posted:

Is this clip on youtube anywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzaHLVDVVcE

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like life SO MUCH BETTER without my ritalin!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Usually the shows are strangely timeless despite the fact they read news every week, but 166 is crazy a show of its time. Aniston/Vince Vaughn breakup, Seth thinking Michael Jackson is going to die trying to prepare for the tour, and discovering the Jersey Shore.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I have very little long term memory due to a traumatic brain injury, so I use this show to remind me of the world I used to know. I can't be missing much. 2006 4 life.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Rick posted:

Usually the shows are strangely timeless despite the fact they read news every week, but 166 is crazy a show of its time. Aniston/Vince Vaughn breakup, Seth thinking Michael Jackson is going to die trying to prepare for the tour, and discovering the Jersey Shore.

166 also features the best intro track: Jah's UYD-themed Smashmouth cover.

"Hey now! You're a podcast..."

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The dudes just posted a brief video clip of the SLC show on facebook. Peep it

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

CaptainJuan posted:

Yussss! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, and there'll be more clips in the future. Those vids from the early 100's on YouTube are how I got a bunch of my friends into UYD.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Hocus Pocus posted:

Yussss! Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, and there'll be more clips in the future. Those vids from the early 100's on YouTube are how I got a bunch of my friends into UYD.

It's what got me interested just a couple of weeks back.

Can't wait to find out what Seatbelts is all about, since the wiki is gone.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like m8

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I can't wait to find out what Jah means when he says "My name is Jonathan, and this is Seth. Hello Seth."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I was hoping for Fuh Kew: The Animated Series, but ill take what I can get.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

DumbparameciuM posted:

It's what got me interested just a couple of weeks back.

Can't wait to find out what Seatbelts is all about, since the wiki is gone.

I was kind of listening for this, I'm about 40 episodes deep, and they kind of just start saying it. Pretty early on, i think.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
It's important that you wear a seatbelt, that is literally all there is to it.

What It Dooski
Apr 26, 2010

215 might be the best, trust.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's important that you wear a seatbelt, that is literally all there is to it.

I'm really glad it isn't some dumb gimmick like a lot of other podcasts have.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

it might have been mentioned a dozen or so pages back but i can't find it. what podcast had seth as a guest recently?

lmao zebong
Nov 25, 2006

NBA All-Injury First Team

epNine posted:

it might have been mentioned a dozen or so pages back but i can't find it. what podcast had seth as a guest recently?

It wasn't super recent but he was on some Austrailian podcast called Thirty Odd Foot of Podcast: http://tofop.libsyn.com/fofop-155-uhh-yeah-mate

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
463, up.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

Not to be creepy, but what does jah smoke. For some reason I think it's marlb lights

This is helpfully answered for you at the start of #463.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
A primer on general relativity

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is set to private. Please make your supercuts available to the world.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

goldblums eyes posted:

Not to be creepy, but what does jah smoke. For some reason I think it's marlb lights

Camels

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

This reminds me of when Jonathan explained how Mars is red because it used to be hot and earth is blue because it used to be cold but now they're switched.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Is the Down's syndrome clip on YouTube because goddamn that was funny.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mcvey posted:

Is the Down's syndrome clip on YouTube because goddamn that was funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36AqE5Ng_q4

I was just listening to it today and its as funny as I remember

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Crushes

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Its really sad.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Anyone know the intro song for episode 53? Google is failing me.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

CaptainJuan posted:

I clicked that like "I'll probably forget I watched this and then get deja vu when the show airs in full" then watched it and got preemptive deja vu then googled that it's actually from 455 :goku:

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008
Her hunting and tracking were superb 🌾🌾

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
UYD finally tries to get on that paper chase with a Patron page: https://www.patreon.com/UHHYEAHDUDE?ty=h

Milestone goals seem a bit high, but maybe I underestimate how much they'll get. Also, none of the goals are "Jonathan will produce more poetry" and that's a real miss.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

It's gone from $3 to $140 in the 5 minutes since I first saw it so that's promising.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Yeah, they'll probably mention it on 464 and it'll take off then. I don't know how long people tend to stay committed to Patreons, though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Let's make it lain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf