Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

what the gently caress is a nimbus cell and why does the batmobile have a slot for one?

It's where his batcomputer cloud is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

what the gently caress is a nimbus cell and why does the batmobile have a slot for one?

It's a plot-o-magig and the batmobile has room for like 80 of those. Lucius Fox knows what genre he lives in.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crowetron posted:

It's a plot-o-magig and the batmobile has room for like 80 of those. Lucius Fox knows what genre he lives in.

yeah but what did the non-nimbus cell in the batmobile do that he can go without it?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah but what did the non-nimbus cell in the batmobile do that he can go without it?

It was a power cell. The Nimbus is a different power cell that also doesn't get shorted by fear gas.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nimbus cells are some clean energy battery Stagg thought up and is apparently using to power his zeppelins.

Maybe Lucius figures that that's the future of energy and modded the batmobile accordingly. The man is dedicated to his hobby.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

It was a Bat-Aux Cord Jack, and that's why there's no custom music in the Batmobile.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I thought the ps4 patch was to fix the leaderboards. Mine are still not working. :( I spent a lot of time playing the combat maps today anyway, I added a lot to every score but Azrael. I'm having trouble topping that 230x combo I managed to rack up on my second attempt.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I like how one of the whiteboards in GCPD has shifts listed for Reneé Montoya, Harvey Bullock, and John Jones. I'm glad this thread told me to go back to GCPD periodically. It's cool seeing all the little changes.

Shame we didn't get Bullock to show up in the game. He was in Origins with his VA from the Animated Series, which was great hearing his voice again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crowetron posted:

It was a Bat-Aux Cord Jack, and that's why there's no custom music in the Batmobile.

The only song on the Bat Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjVw1TKw0xw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why the gently caress did Joker jump scare me when I was zipping around? You already got me with Manbat, that poo poo wasn't gonna work a second time even with his crusty rear end face.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Beef Chief posted:

Why the gently caress did Joker jump scare me when I was zipping around? You already got me with Manbat, that poo poo wasn't gonna work a second time even with his crusty rear end face.

Mind Joker confirmed best Joker.

I'm really sad I didn't leave the main story for last because he's not coming back until NG+ :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Actually it's this one:

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=478997

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Medium Cool posted:

I thought the ps4 patch was to fix the leaderboards. Mine are still not working. :( I spent a lot of time playing the combat maps today anyway, I added a lot to every score but Azrael. I'm having trouble topping that 230x combo I managed to rack up on my second attempt.

Seems to be working for me post-patch

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

CJacobs posted:

I can't remember if it was The Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises where Gordon expects to talk to Batman and physically jumps when he turns around and the motherfucker's just standing right there not even a yard away, as if he'd straight-up just read Gordon's thoughts. Commissioner Gordon having the poo poo scared out of him by Batman is my favorite thing about the guy :allears:

There's this one time when Azrael becomes Batman where Gordon's in the middle of a conversation with him, turns around for a moment, and then looks back up to see that Batman is still there.

It scares the poo poo out of him just as badly.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The PC version still suck or has some patches helped it out?

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Fulchrum posted:

Oh, that one. You don't need to hit them all at once, you justn eed to have hit each one once while it was flashing. Even if you had the multi batarang, it wouldn't help.

This is the one about Staggs airship, standing in one and hitting the side of the other, right?

Easiest way is to use the remote conteolled batarang, brake as you're flying over there, then when the 5th one lights up open the throttle.
That was exactly the one, thanks.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I just looked at the batman comics thread and Jim Gordon is the new Batman?

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
How do you unlock the Batwing? I'm doing a Riddler Challenge and it's required.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

chaos rhames posted:

Yeah he is lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chaos rhames posted:

Holy poo poo, what.

edit: Oh man it's true. gently caress yeah. He gets rid of the dad stache though which is super not cool.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New 52's been doing weird poo poo with just about everyone but Batman especially.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

How the hell do I get the Riddler trophy at Osamu Tower on Bleaker island?

There's some numbers at the top, but I can't figure out what to do. The elevators at the bottom don't work.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Chasiubao posted:

How the hell do I get the Riddler trophy at Osamu Tower on Bleaker island?

There's some numbers at the top, but I can't figure out what to do. The elevators at the bottom don't work.

If I'm thinking of the right one those are map coordinates.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Yup. Also the Assault on Arkham movie was weirdly good for being loosely based off of a Nu 52 thing. It was also the last good animated movie DC has made.

It was good, but it made a lot of weird decisions. Like the one about making Deadshot a sort of proto-batman in how overly awesome he was or Batman just deliberately letting a bunch of police die to figure out what the gang's plan was when he dressed up as one of them . He's Batman, shouldn't he be able to avert some of that?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

New 52's been doing weird poo poo with just about everyone but Batman especially.

It's not the New 52 anymore, they finally dropped that branding. Probably when they realized it was five years old and they no longer have 52 books, so literally neither part of the branding was true. It's now DCYou, which is really dumb, but whatever.

And this poo poo is actually super refreshing after the last five years. Not only are they getting away from the "everything is going to be exactly as it was when the writers were kids! our target audience is 45 year old men!" bullshit, but also totally ditched the stuff like every books art having to conform to their house style. So there's wacky poo poo like Gordon with a mohawk as Batman in a giant robot suit, and Superman, after losing most of his powers and having his identity revealed, driving across country on a motorcycle in a Superman t-shirt and jeans.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There are two different ideas I enjoy in super hero comics:

1. Uniformity where the status quo pretty much never changes, because it provides consistency while still leaving room for character development

2. Crazy insane poo poo that makes you cock your head and go "wuuhh?", because the result is almost always an awesome departure from 1

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Skeezy posted:

If I'm thinking of the right one those are map coordinates.

Did not seem to work but I am tired and will try again tomorrow. Thanks :)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Chasiubao posted:

Did not seem to work but I am tired and will try again tomorrow. Thanks :)

They should be map coordinates that lead you to a winch point you charge up, and then have to race back across the city under the time limit to get the trophy. The winch thing isn't usually at those coords exactly, but should be viewable from them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Gordon as robo-Batman is a fun, refreshing idea after waaaay too much Joker crap.

89 posted:

The PC version still suck or has some patches helped it out?

Yes, to both parts of that question.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

They should be map coordinates that lead you to a winch point you charge up, and then have to race back across the city under the time limit to get the trophy. The winch thing isn't usually at those coords exactly, but should be viewable from them.

Ohhh okay I was wondering what I was missing. I did see the winch point. gently caress I hate time trials.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Gordon as robo-Batman is a fun, refreshing idea after waaaay too much Joker crap.

Yes, to both parts of that question.

I feel like if they had waited on the Endgame stuff, and done Batman Eternal as a monthly thing in the main books instead of a special weekly thing, it would have been paced way better than it ended up being.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it's a winch only once, usually it's a standing switch.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

They really telegraphed that fire chief plot.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Beef Chief posted:

it worked with me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, I'm playing Batman Arkham Knight.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The first one got me real good, so I thought the second one was funny as hell, in a "you motherfuckers" sort of way.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

no it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbQd65Ff6-8

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

acksplode posted:

The first one got me real good, so I thought the second one was funny as hell, in a "you motherfuckers" sort of way.

Oh yeah, his reaction was pretty great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I already posted that, and with the official video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

I already posted that, and with the official video.

im sorry :cry: i dont click any non-youtube links..

• Locked thread