Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

haha no way he gets that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

sharrrk posted:

ok here you go: 3137-7080-2932-7133

i thought this was an earthbound code and i was like "wait no, i was joking"

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

raditts posted:

200 coins. Super Mario World or Super Metroid?

Super Metroid if you've never played it, SMW otherwise.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No that's gx. X is good too though. Is say that cause I'm sure it will come out on WiiU virtual console for $10, you can save $8 on it.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its grill-off with ultra hand

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
what kind of scrub do you take me for that i don't already own Grill-Off with Ultra Hand

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i went with starfox 64

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I had like 200 coins last month and I spent it on smash bros, then I found out I already had it. Still have that code if anyone wants it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raserys posted:

I had like 200 coins last month and I spent it on smash bros, then I found out I already had it. Still have that code if anyone wants it

I'll take it.:)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Sent

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nolgthorn posted:

Man who would buy Wooly World, take it home, play through the whole thing in 6 hours and then complain about it? It's all about the details man, is life just a big messy blur? Could you see how drat cute that game is, or Kirby, it's yarn and clay man. Not gears of war.

Speaking of Blur, why did they put blur everywhere in Yoshi WW. :smith:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's the video of a sixty-plus year old man totally freaking out at the Jim Henson production company. His reactions are probably akin to what most people would do if they were allowed inside Nintendo HQ themselves. :unsmith:

Miyamoto you are an adorable person please outlive me.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Does everyone have grill off with ultra hand? Cause here's another one:
3137-7264-7239-5369

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

japtor posted:

3137-7264-7239-5369

Grabbed it! Probably more excited then I should be.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

japtor posted:

3137-7264-7239-5369

I just looked over at my WiiU controller and thought about maybe jumping on this and taking this code, but... it's all the way over there. If I had an Ultra Hand, I'd already be using this code, but I don't and, again, it's all the way over there.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

SIX THOUSAND TITTING POINTS FOR A TOAD LAMP dammit Nintendo EU just let me buy one I would love him so much :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Is there no thread for Yoshi's Wooly World? This game is really fun and I wanna chat about it :shobon:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Please make one. Hopefully it doesn't get too full of American people complaining about the unavailability of the game.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Please make one. Hopefully it doesn't get too full of American people complaining about the unavailability of the game.
They got Rainbow Paintbrush first but Wooly World is far and away the better game so I do feel a little sorry for them

e: I went ahead and made it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728662

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 30, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Really enjoying Earthbound Beginnings so far. Just got to Magicant. The grinding has honestly not been that bad, once I reached fifth or sixth level and bought a wooden bat I was basically set. Also the encounter rate is much lower than advertised. Sometimes it will happen every couple of steps for a couple of encounters, but usually I walk or run a pretty good distance before another encounter happens.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I knew Wii U should be doing better with all of the fantastic first party games that have been released on it. But from this article apparently sales of the console have been the worst ever, worse than Gamecube.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/miyamoto-tablet-devices-wii-u-sales/

I've been having a blast with my Wii U, I would never want a PS4 or Xbone. I'd regret having either of those a whole lot. It feels like a lot of people missed out on Wii U, the peak of this system has been hit, if you didn't buy a Wii U for Mario Kart 8 or other similarly awesome fare, you're probably not going to buy one for the new Zelda. And by the time that Zelda comes out the NX is going to be right around the corner.

The focus at Nintendo is shifting heavily to NX development.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Wii U saw a Nintendo on constant red alert mode throughout its short history. It resulted in some of the best games they have made in years. I wouldn't describe it like that, but some call it Nintendo's Dreamcast.

I am happy with my U.

There's 22 million people out there who bought a PC-clone with a controller that breaks apart on their hands, with no notable games to play, and forced multiplayer subscriptions. I guess they are happy, too, and that's fine.

The NX, god knows what Nintendo is planning there. They certainly can't support their two older systems, a new one, and mobile games. So U is out because it flopped bad, 3DS support will likely dry up, which begs the question: will the NX be a handheld or a home console? All they did confirm so far was that it wouldn't be a hybrid of the two, which would probably have been a good idea, but alas.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 30, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saoshyant posted:

The Wii U saw a Nintendo on constant red alert mode throughout its short history. It resulted in some of the best games they have made in years. I wouldn't describe it like that, but some call it Nintendo's Dreamcast.

I am happy with my U.

There's 22 million people out there who bought a PC-clone with a controller that breaks apart on their hands, with no notable games to play, and multiplayer subscriptions. I guess they are happy, too, and that's fine.

There's a whole lot of Call of Duty/Battlefield fans out there. From what I gather, more of those people opted for the Xbox One, probably due to brand familiarity/loyalty, but plenty still went for PS4 instead. I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, and found myself enjoying a number of other games on the system as well. No other current gen console has the quality first party support that the Wii U has, though. It's just a shame the third party offerings aren't well numbered.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, I like my WiiU a lot. I feel like I came in a bit late, and I wouldn't mind just like one more big exclusive after Zelda, but it's a good system. I got more then 10 games out of it, and it let me get rid of the Wii for at least a slightly better system UI, so I can't complain.

I really wish Nintendo did more with it. Some 3DS crossplatform compatibility, similar to the Ps4/Vita stuff would be super nice. I hate handhelds, but wouldn't mind playing my 3DS games using the tablet/TV. Obviously games that require 3D wouldn't work, but so few games actually use the 3D it wouldn't matter that much.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The best thing Nintendo could make would probably be some sort of 3DS with better-feeling sticks, more graphics horsepower, and an HDMI dongle that let you mirror the top screen on your TV.

Unfortunately, they'll probably make some stupid VR console since "VR is the future" is all over the news now, just like they pumped out the Wii U because "tablets are the future" was all over the news 4 years ago.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

enojy posted:

It's just a shame the third party offerings aren't well numbered.

Nintendo makes it hard for them by using a completely alien architecture which takes quite a lot of finagling to get working across both. You basically seem to need to devote yourself to the Wii U entirely, or have a simplistic game which you want to port. The low adoption rate made it too expensive for most developers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, but I don't play third party games on consoles and so outside of that game my PS4 has seen very little use. I own way more games for Wii U at this point, it's a great console and it goes very well together with a decent PC. Best combo this generation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nolgthorn posted:

Nintendo makes it hard for them by using a completely alien architecture which takes quite a lot of finagling to get working across both. You basically seem to need to devote yourself to the Wii U entirely, or have a simplistic game which you want to port. The low adoption rate made it too expensive for most developers.

That said, 9 million's a pretty good sell rate for having to rely on its own titles rather than multi-platform releases. They really do need to look into courting more multi-platform releases for the NX though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Polo-Rican posted:

The best thing Nintendo could make would probably be some sort of 3DS with better-feeling sticks, more graphics horsepower, and an HDMI dongle that let you mirror the top screen on your TV.

Unfortunately, they'll probably make some stupid VR console since "VR is the future" is all over the news now, just like they pumped out the Wii U because "tablets are the future" was all over the news 4 years ago.

Nintendo had made it pretty clear they are not interested in VR.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Nolgthorn posted:

Also, let's not forget that third-party games just don't sell on Wii U. Sure, most of them were ports, and some - late ports, but that sort of stuff always happens on new consoles. Look at PS4 with all the remasters!
Nintendo really needs to expand it's audience, and it seems to be what they're doing lately with crossover games and mature titles. I hope it works out for them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Wii U is very good for playing Nintendo games but not much else. It's disingenuous to say people bought a PS4 for say, only blood borne when they bought it to experience the entire current gen. PC gaming is still hard to get into for the most mainstream market.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

Miyamoto said he doesn't like VR because games should be played together and not a guy on his own in the corner wearing a vr helmet

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Miyamoto said he doesn't like VR because games should be played together and not a guy on his own in the corner wearing a vr helmet

*stares at Wii u tablet while wife watches Tv*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The Wii U is very good for playing Nintendo games but not much else. It's disingenuous to say people bought a PS4 for say, only blood borne when they bought it to experience the entire current gen. PC gaming is still hard to get into for the most mainstream market.

I dunno, I still feel like I wouldn't have been missing out on much of anything great if I hadn't bought one for Bloodborne. I've got generally poo poo/picky taste in games, though.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

My philosophy is that you buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, and PC for everything else. I'm happy with my Wii U and find the Xbox 360/Xbone and PS3/4 pointless since none of their exclusives really excite me and most of the third party stuff also has a PC port. I can even play those with a 360 controller so it makes the Xboxes even more useless than the Playstations in my eyes. That being said, I think it sucks that Nintendo continues to alienate third party developers. Then again, I'm not so impressed with AAA games and developers these days either though.

I also think they are being hasty with developing the NX so soon, but maybe it will be the next Gamecube, no motion control or tablet gimmicks, just really good games with awesome local multiplayer in HD. Couch gaming with buddies is one thing they could really capitalize on. Wishful thinking I know, but Nintendo didn't need stupid motion controls or a cheaply made tablet to sell their games and systems back in the old days, I'm hoping the NX will be a return to pre-Wii not so retarded Nintendo times.

We'll all end up buying it anyway eventually though. I wrote off the Wii U as a failure until Mario Kart 8 came around, now I think it's the best console this generation.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 30, 2015

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I love love love Miyamoto but sometimes it kinda feels like he's the guy keeping Nintendo one foot in the past. Not saying Nintendo MUST do VR to be successful or anything like that, but to just go "no its dumb" instead of "hey, could be cool" is a losing strategy imo. That Edge interview he gave last year where he arrogantly dismissed a ton of things Sony/Microsoft were doing wasn't a good look.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think it's safe to say that the NX will be another "concept console" and that it will be less powerful than the PS4/Xbone. Iwata wouldn't be talking about ideas being copied if their idea were just to do a beefy traditional console using only the Pro Controller 2.0.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 30, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Miyamoto is right about VR

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Reggie also elaborate on VR. VR is nothing but dumb proof of concept stuff with no substance at this point. And probably will be for a few years yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not sure VR can really work great on any of the current consoles anyway, let alone whatever NX is, unless the games that use it are really really optimized or incredibly small vertical slices like the Heist or Shark demos. VR needs to be a resolution consoles never reach, and a framerate consoles scoff at because it's not CINEMATIC, for there to not be motion sickness

• Locked thread