Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I did the quest to get my Magitek armor and now I'm making perfume and moving the scions.

When do I get to do the new content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tenzarin posted:

As a blm mage, should I not be using thunder anymore? So I should just get ecochain refreshed with B3>B4 then quickly get back in AS to spam F4?

Do Thunder before you start Enochian, never ever use Thundercloud, maybe squeeze a T1 in on your first refresh. Otherwise that's about it. It's a useless spell atm and I hope it gets addressed...along with alot of other blm issues.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I did the quest to get my Magitek armor and now I'm making perfume and moving the scions.

When do I get to do the new content?

In about 4 patches. 2.1 is probably the lowest of the low (ending in the Mog fight) and then the rest is much more bearable.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are Neverreap and Fractal Continuum doable in the minimum ilvl gear to finish the story (142 IIRC) as a tank?

Also I asked earlier but never saw an answer, are tanks at 60 (especially DRKs) still wearing STR rightsides/putting their bonus stats in STR, or should I shift to VIT stuff?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Also I asked earlier but never saw an answer, are tanks at 60 (especially DRKs) still wearing STR rightsides/putting their bonus stats in STR

yes and it's infuriating because they're all also dying like bitches

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

Are Neverreap and Fractal Continuum doable in the minimum ilvl gear to finish the story (142 IIRC) as a tank?

Also I asked earlier but never saw an answer, are tanks at 60 (especially DRKs) still wearing STR rightsides/putting their bonus stats in STR, or should I shift to VIT stuff?

They have an ilvl requirement of i142, and are perfectly doable in that for all classes. You'll have some trouble holding hate against a geared-out DPS but gently caress 'em.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

kharaa posted:

So buy VIT stuff then, got it. :v:

cheetah7071 posted:

They have an ilvl requirement of i142, and are perfectly doable in that for all classes. You'll have some trouble holding hate against a geared-out DPS but gently caress 'em.

Thanks, I'll start cranking those out. I wanna try my hand at Bismarck EX too, but since that's not in the Duty Finder yet I'm kinda :effort: on it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Welcome to Balmung.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So how's DRK compared to WAR and PLD? Not really sure which class I want to get to 60 first.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Ciaphas posted:

Apparently I'm an iconoclast with VIT accessories. Haven't had a problem with enmity, only lost it a few times due to DDs jumping the gun a little too early / my own inattentiveness to an individual mob. If you don't already have a Law/Bismarck/Ravana weapon, that's your first priority.

If you haven't already done them, I'd recommend watching a quick video on the FC/NR bosses. They're not ridiculously hard, but knowing what to generally expect will help offset the gear.

Robo Reagan posted:

So how's DRK compared to WAR and PLD? Not really sure which class I want to get to 60 first.

A little squishy, but excellent MTs. Enmity for days. Good combos.

WAR is the big ridiculous train at 60. Fell Cleave is becoming a meme.

PLD is quite good with improved combo options and some nice utility, but a little underpowered at the moment in comparison to the other tanks. From what I've seen/gathered, it'll significantly manifest itself only in things like Ravana Ex. I've had zero problems leveling and doing my thing at 60, and I actually really enjoy it.

isk fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 30, 2015

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

ilvl requirement for those dungeons is 145 not 142.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

PLD is probably the weakest of the three, but only by a very short distance, and still (I think?) has the most defensive cooldowns along with the best invulnerability cooldown. WAR does :stare: damage right now if they're any good at jumping between Defiance and Deliverance as needed. DRK has the weakest invulnerability cooldown in Living Dead, but shits enmity everywhere for days, AoE tanking with Abyssal Drain and Blood Price is never not funny, and most important of all, DRK's animations and effects are loving baller

(edit) I did use Living Dead in a way that made it seem less bad earlier this week though--our healer got wiped out on the last boss of the Aery, and I was able to time it well enough to get 20 full seconds of tank time on the boss for the DPS to finish it off. So that was nice. :shobon:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 30, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

kharaa posted:

vitality is much less significant in heavensward.

if they're dying like bitches one or more of the following apply
their leftside sucks
they suck
their party sucks

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The other party members are actually alternate-universe versions of the Warrior of Light.

Eimi posted:

Do Thunder before you start Enochian, never ever use Thundercloud, maybe squeeze a T1 in on your first refresh. Otherwise that's about it. It's a useless spell atm and I hope it gets addressed...along with alot of other blm issues.

I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how the Enochian rotation works. Is Firestarter worth using even though it might mean you have to go umbral early to refresh Enochian? When do you Sharpcast?

vOv fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 30, 2015

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
So I got the game, and the instructions said to register a new account, which I did. Nowhere in the instructions did it say anything about an Enix ID. I downloaded the new client and followed the instructions also for that. Again, no mention of the Enix ID. The game is asking for an Enix ID. I already wrote to tech support. Nowhere in their FAQ does it say what an Enix ID is or where to get it. Further, their instructions say to unlock the activation area, which is nowhere to be found. I definitely uninstalled the old game before installing the new client. Can anyone else help me out here? I guess it might take who knows how long to get support to answer my ticket.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Desmond posted:

So I got the game, and the instructions said to register a new account, which I did. Nowhere in the instructions did it say anything about an Enix ID. I downloaded the new client and followed the instructions also for that. Again, no mention of the Enix ID. The game is asking for an Enix ID. I already wrote to tech support. Nowhere in their FAQ does it say what an Enix ID is or where to get it. Further, their instructions say to unlock the activation area, which is nowhere to be found. I definitely uninstalled the old game before installing the new client. Can anyone else help me out here? I guess it might take who knows how long to get support to answer my ticket.

did you sign up on mogstation and register the game to your account?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Desmond posted:

It'd help to know where and how exactly you registered a new account.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies
When I bought the game, I clicked a link to register a new account. Whatever, I guess that didn't work. I just tried again at Mogstation, from above, but am now waiting on an email that is not arriving.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

isk posted:

Apparently I'm an iconoclast with VIT accessories. Haven't had a problem with enmity, only lost it a few times due to DDs jumping the gun a little too early / my own inattentiveness to an individual mob. If you don't already have a Law/Bismarck/Ravana weapon, that's your first priority.

If you haven't already done them, I'd recommend watching a quick video on the FC/NR bosses. They're not ridiculously hard, but knowing what to generally expect will help offset the gear.

A little squishy, but excellent MTs. Enmity for days. Good combos.

WAR is the big ridiculous train at 60. Fell Cleave is becoming a meme.

PLD is quite good with improved combo options and some nice utility, but a little underpowered at the moment in comparison to the other tanks. From what I've seen/gathered, it'll significantly manifest itself only in things like Ravana Ex. I've had zero problems leveling and doing my thing at 60, and I actually really enjoy it.

Eh, I'll give DRK a shot and maybe elflands will have cleared out a bit. Christ knows it's impossible to farm mob drops for crafting right now

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
hi bro

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

vOv posted:

The other party members are actually alternate-universe versions of the Warrior of Light.

Eorzea has the same fluctuating timeline problem as Lordran.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Opposing Farce posted:

Eorzea has the same fluctuating timeline problem as Lordran.

Vault is basically Anor Londo so it makes sense

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

vOv posted:

I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how the Enochian rotation works. Is Firestarter worth using even though it might mean you have to go umbral early to refresh Enochian? When do you Sharpcast?

Basically your opener is Do you want cast T3? If you do, and I'm not sure this is optimal, you go T3 -> B3 > F3 (Enochian) -> F4 -> F4(Sharpcast) -> F1 -> F4 -> F4 -> Firestarter F3 -> B3 -> T1 (if you have time on Enochian) -> B4

From there its just every 2 F4 do a F1, adjust for movement, curse when you do move because you lost a F1. You only need 2 refreshes before you can start over. If mechanics gently caress you over and you move, I do think its better to cut off a fire phase to keep Enochian up than to let it drop. Again I haven't done the numbers but this has been my general experience. Enochian rotations kills things so much faster than 2.0.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
So I just cleared the vault and got some tank pants :toot:

holy gently caress now it's personal you assbags aaaaaaaaaa Haurchefant why

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Desmond posted:

When I bought the game, I clicked a link to register a new account. Whatever, I guess that didn't work. I just tried again at Mogstation, from above, but am now waiting on an email that is not arriving.

Where did you buy the game from? What platform did you buy it for? When did you buy it? What site did you go to to register the account?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Eimi posted:

Basically your opener is Do you want cast T3? If you do, and I'm not sure this is optimal, you go T3 -> B3 > F3 (Enochian) -> F4 -> F4(Sharpcast) -> F1 -> F4 -> F4 -> Firestarter F3 -> B3 -> T1 (if you have time on Enochian) -> B4

From there its just every 2 F4 do a F1, adjust for movement, curse when you do move because you lost a F1. You only need 2 refreshes before you can start over. If mechanics gently caress you over and you move, I do think its better to cut off a fire phase to keep Enochian up than to let it drop. Again I haven't done the numbers but this has been my general experience. Enochian rotations kills things so much faster than 2.0.

I tend to swiftcast a T3, then sharpcast F1 into a F3 as my opener. I sometimes squeeze in a T1 after B3 > B4 before F3.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Chairman posted:

Where did you buy the game from? What platform did you buy it for? When did you buy it? What site did you go to to register the account?

The fact that these questions have to be asked speaks volumes for how awful FFXIV (and SE in general) account management is :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET ONTO EXCALIBUR, YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO AFTER MAINTENANCE ENDS TONIGHT.

This has been your friendly reminder from Chocobo Insurance: For When Life Just Doesn't Go Your Kweh.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 30, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

The fact that these questions have to be asked speaks volumes for how awful FFXIV (and SE in general) account management is :(

Not really, though. The dude's being incredibly vague about what he's done, and if he had actually followed the directions the game gives you for getting set up, he wouldn't be having difficulties figuring out what an "Enix ID" is considering it literally guides you through the process. FFXIV account management is dead simple if you can read.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

kharaa posted:

Not really, though. The dude's being incredibly vague about what he's done, and if he had actually followed the directions the game gives you for getting set up, he wouldn't be having difficulties figuring out what an "Enix ID" is considering it literally guides you through the process. FFXIV account management is dead simple if you can read.
A, I'm not a dude. I guess that should explain it all :rolleyes:

I clicked the link in the OP to go buy the game. I bought it. At the online store where I bought the game there was a link ON THAT PAGE to register a new account. This is at the online store's page, which I thought was pretty evident from above. I registered a new account there, thinking this is my game account, right? Then I came here to ask for help since I never got anything from Square Enix about the Enix ID, which is asked for to log in to the game client. After that, as also posted above, I heard about Mogstation for the first time. How would I know since nowhere is that listed in the guide? I googled Mogstation, found it, and tried to register there. This was over an hour ago. I have since gone out for dinner, had a beer, and come home. Still no email. I have a ticket in with customer service.

Can you give me a link to an instruction that says anything about an Enix ID? Because I opened the instruction link for downloading the game and registering, and it did not mention this ID. Seriously, if you want to help, give me a link of where this literally guides me through the registration process, because this is not what happened today when I registered a new account and read everything. The account management is terrible, true. I should mention that I played the game before and didn't have this much trouble.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

The Chairman posted:

I bought the game today. I bought it for Windows. I bought the game from the link in the OP (which leads to Square Enix's online shop). I registered an account there. Later, tried to register at Mogstation from someone else in the thread saying to register there. When you register it's supposed to send an email. I never got it (checked spam, etc., not there). I hope that helps.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Desmond posted:

A, I'm not a dude. I guess that should explain it all :rolleyes:

yes i was totally trying to turn this into a gender issue rather than using a generic masculine form as a gender-neutral term, you caught me

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

kharaa posted:

yes i was totally trying to turn this into a gender issue rather than using a generic masculine form as a gender-neutral term, you caught me

Alright, I was just being snarky back. I thought I could get some help from someone who may have experienced issues, and all I get is I can't read.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
She wants a recipe she can follow to register, because she is a woman.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Desmond posted:

Alright, I was just being snarky back. I thought I could get some help from someone who may have experienced issues, and all I get is I can't read.

have you attempted to start the game up at all yet because that's got big buttons to mash for creating accounts and stuff on first launch

edit: if by "played before" you mean "played during 1.0" just log in with the information you used for that account.

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

kharaa posted:

have you attempted to start the game up at all yet because that's got big buttons to mash for creating accounts and stuff on first launch

edit: if by "played before" you mean "played during 1.0" just log in with the information you used for that account.

Above when I said the game is asking for an ID means yeah I have started the game client. Perhaps it is you who cannot read :cool:

There are no big or little buttons on the game client for registering an ID. It has fields for an ID, a password, a one-time password, what is a one-time password?, and if you forgot your ID or password (which I have tried to access as well, with no email follow-thru). Everything else is special notices, topics, and some tabs at the button, none of which is a big smashy button for registering an account, but thanks for trying to make me feel stupid again I guess?

Edit: Vil, yes, someone told me about Mogstation above, and I did try to register an account, but I was supposed to get an email and didn't. So I'm stuck until customer service helps.

Jenny of Oldstones fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 30, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
You need to calm the heck down :(

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Anyway, you can either go here or if you prefer, google something to the tune of "ff14 mog station".

Regardless of whether or not you should have been able to find it from the information you got (which really isn't the concern here, for all that goons are harping on it), that's where you go to actually create your Square Enix account if you don't have one. There's a big old button on the right that you can click to get going with that.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Desmond posted:

I bought the game today. I bought it for Windows. I bought the game from the link in the OP (which leads to Square Enix's online shop). I registered an account there. Later, tried to register at Mogstation from someone else in the thread saying to register there. When you register it's supposed to send an email. I never got it (checked spam, etc., not there). I hope that helps.

Exactly what we needed. If you still haven't gotten the email from the Mogstation by tomorrow morning, you can give them a call. Just have all your deets on hand, especially the CD key for your game account.

Alternatively, if you have a different email address, you can try registering a second account with that. This is of course if you don't already have an account from 1.0/2.0 like noted above.

Desmond posted:

a one-time password, what is a one-time password?

It's for an authenticator. Extra security, highly recommended, comes in phone app and physical token flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

I started up a goon LS on Sarg! Us Sarg goons are a rare breed, join GoonTroop today!
I'm Valicious Crisu in-game, message or moogle mail me to join.

• Locked thread