Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I wonder if they discussed "the Negro" in light of recent events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
How does Cliven Bundy not just get arrested as soon as he leaves his ranch?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Voyager I posted:

How does Cliven Bundy not just get arrested as soon as he leaves his ranch?

Because white people.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What's Bundy got in his pocket?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRdoKW1CsxE

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Trump's future engagements crumbling around him leaving him no choice but to try a legitimate run at the presidency is the sort of thing you'd see in a movie. It's like Brewster's Millions or something, but this is real life. This is a thing that is happening.

This primary season is already entertaining, but I have a confession to make. I miss Michelle Bachmann. She was a special brand of crazy that I don't see anywhere in the 2016 field.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Sir Tonk posted:

A well-worn copy of The Turner Diaries, I assume. Or a large print edition of the racist parts of the Constitution.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
So anyways if Trump were ever to win the presidency he is persona non-grata in pretty much every single latin country for ruining their favorite contest and also for being a racist. Wonder how that will work.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Who owns Miss World? Their value probably went up 200%

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PerpetualSelf posted:

So anyways if Trump were ever to win the presidency he is persona non-grata in pretty much every single latin country for ruining their favorite contest and also for being a racist. Wonder how that will work.

I'm pretty sure we Americans would have much more pressing concerns under President Trump, such as his plan to solve the national debt by having the US declare bankruptcy and then selling the assets in a private auction to a shell country owned by him.

Can't wait to see what my rights are as a new citizen of 1st Trump National.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Voyager I posted:

Someone needs to write this story as a novel.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Voyager I posted:

I'm pretty sure we Americans would have much more pressing concerns under President Trump, such as his plan to solve the national debt by having the US declare bankruptcy and then selling the assets in a private auction to a shell country owned by him.

Trump only offers the full package of the classiest, most luxurious rights possible to his citizens.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Medicare and Medicaid cut to redo Statue of Liberty in gold leaf with pearl inlay, flaming torch redesigned into flaming Trump haircut.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Satistfaction with the LOCAL congress critter is REALLY low.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
33% repub and 32% dem on party id?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So we're planning a party to watch the first republican debate. My wife and our roommate are trying to think of snacks such as "Chips and Secure Our Borders Dip."

Meanwhile, I'm in charge of coming up with the drinking game.

The cornerstone of it will be "Take a sip when God is mentioned" as well as "Take a sip when the Constitution is mentioned" but I worry that we'll all be passed out before it is over with those rules alone.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

My wife and our roommate

That sounds like an uncomfortable arrangement.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Edit: ^^^^I know some couples my age who have a roommate. Getting your own place is expensive, yo.

Begin drinking when you see Trump; do not stop drinking from that point on, you've already won.

Seriously any rules about drinking games would have to wait until we have confirmation he'll actually be attending, rather than closing up shop before then to save his business. He has the potential to turn the whole thing into a complete farce, you could structure the whole set of rules around the guy like finish your drink if he tells another candidate to shut up.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dolash posted:

Edit: ^^^^I know some couples my age who have a roommate. Getting your own place is expensive, yo.

We live in the San Francisco Bay area. So yeah, pretty much this. Stuff is expensive as gently caress. I know hella other married couples around here that have roommates as well. Luckily, our roommate is a good friend that was interested in moving to the area the same time we were. So it just worked out.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
I'm going to assume roommate means housemate over there then. American English.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

lmaoboy1998 posted:

I'm going to assume roommate means housemate over there then. American English.

Well I think they live in an apartment, not a house.

(e: forgot this wasn't chatthread, added proper punctuation/capitalization)

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Chantilly Say posted:

Well I think they live in an apartment, not a house.

(e: forgot this wasn't chatthread, added proper punctuation/capitalization)

I would call that person my flatmate, but I suppose Americans don't refer to apartments as 'flats'. Luckily the word 'house' can have a more abstract meaning (a dwelling of any type), so you still have a much better option than referring to a whole apartment as a room.

Come on America. You can speak English properly, I know you can.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

lmaoboy1998 posted:

I would call that person my flatmate, but I suppose Americans don't refer to apartments as 'flats'. Luckily the word 'house' can have a more abstract meaning (a dwelling of any type), so you still have a much better option than referring to a whole apartment as a room.

You can't fool me into thinking Brits speak better English than Americans. I've met Brits who aren't on television.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lmaoboy1998 posted:

I'm not sure if the "President" in the thread title tipped you off but this thread is about the United States. We speak the language of the world hegemon here, not the language of its now-vestigial ancestor.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

SedanChair posted:

I'm not sure if the "President" in the thread title tipped you off but this thread is about the United States. We speak the language of the world hegemon here, not the language of its now-vestigial ancestor.

This will probably amaze you as a graduate of the American education system - a lot of other countries actually have presidents too. Brazil, France, Chile, Russia. Do you know where Russia is? It's the big one in Asia that Sarah Palin can see from her window.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmaoboy1998 posted:

This will probably amaze you as a graduate of the American education system - a lot of other countries actually have presidents too. Brazil, France, Chile, Russia. Do you know where Russia is? It's the big one in Asia that Sarah Palin can see from her window.

There is no need to troll a thread about democratically electing a head of state just because you'll never have that opportunity.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lmaoboy1998 posted:

None of those nations speak a twee, obsolescent form of English either.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

There is no need to troll a thread about democratically electing a head of state just because you'll never have that opportunity.

If only I could elect George Bush, Nikola Sarkozy or Vladimir Putin to be the head of my state like the presidential countries can. That sounds great, definitely better rather than letting our globally beloved Queen effortlessly project an image of British grace, culture and good taste worldwide.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

SedanChair posted:

None of those nations speak a twee, obsolescent form of English either.

'I could care less' about American perspectives on a language which they can't even correctly negate. Just transition to Spanish already, the grammar is a lot simpler. You'll be monolingual in no time.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

lmaoboy1998 posted:

That sounds great, definitely better rather than letting our globally beloved Queen effortlessly project an image of British grace, culture and good taste worldwide.

One of the nice things about living overseas is learning that, after so much worrying about Americans being bad tourists, we don't even make the top 5 in a lot of countries. When I go overseas I'm expected as an American to be able to control my drinking and my fists, whereas if I show up with a British accent and an association football jersey they roll out the vomit bucket and get the stun-gun ready.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Chantilly Say posted:

One of the nice things about living overseas is learning that, after so much worrying about Americans being bad tourists, we don't even make the top 5 in a lot of countries. When I go overseas I'm expected as an American to be able to control my drinking and my fists, whereas if I show up with a British accent and an association football jersey they roll out the vomit bucket and get the stun-gun ready.

Sure, we know how to have a good time. you expect me to be ashamed of that? This is why we exported you all in the first place, too puritanical.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Sure, we know how to have a good time. you expect me to be ashamed of that? This is why we exported you all in the first place, too puritanical.

I wish I knew how to party so hard that a nationwide initiative was commenced to replace my beer mugs with plastic cups, for my own safety.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

lmaoboy1998 posted:

If only I could elect George Bush, Nikola Sarkozy or Vladimir Putin to be the head of my state like the presidential countries can. That sounds great, definitely better rather than letting our globally beloved Queen effortlessly project an image of British grace, culture and good taste worldwide.

I too support birthright affronts to the idea of human equality. After all, tourism is more important than actually believing all people are created equal.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Yeah man I'm sure those countries would have been far better off if they'd only been able to elect parliamentary heads of government like Margaret Thatcher, David Cameron, or Tony Abbott.

Twat.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Yeah man I'm sure those countries would have been far better off if they'd only been able to elect parliamentary heads of government like Margaret Thatcher, David Cameron, or Tony Abbott.

Twat.

Throw Harper in that pile too.

And gently caress monarchs, burn them all.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Twat.

That's exactly my point you mongloid :rolleyes:. Do you want Cameron to be our head of state as well?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

lmaoboy1998 posted:

'I could care less' about American perspectives on a language which they can't even correctly negate. Just transition to Spanish already, the grammar is a lot simpler. You'll be monolingual in no time.

You hosed up that comma, dude. You hosed it right up. Stop it with your solecisms.

What is this derail about? Are we going to debate the efficacy of a presidential vs. a parliamentary system now? That doesn't seem like an argument that'll get resolved or go anywhere. I am absolutely sure we're not going to change to a parliamentary system before the next election or, you know, ever.

lmaoboy1998 posted:

That's exactly my point you mongloid :rolleyes:. Do you want Cameron to be our head of state as well?

Using a moronically outdated racist slur and misspelling it: Proud British tradition at its finest.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

StealthArcher posted:

And gently caress monarchs, burn them all.

This is a good take on American attitudes about monarchs outside of fantasy stories except the weird American Anglophiles who collect royalty plates to not eat off of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctjMi5ClQA

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 30, 2015

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

SedanChair posted:

I wish I knew how to party so hard that a nationwide initiative was commenced to replace my beer mugs with plastic cups, for my own safety.

Our government cares about its people. Sorry your's doesn't?

Obdicut posted:

You hosed up that comma, dude. You hosed it right up. Stop it with your solecisms.

Nah, I'm mimicking patterns of speech. It's an internet forum, that's the done thing. By contrast the American tendency to misuse words like 'roommate' and their failure to negate things properly extends into formal settings, which is more offensive to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
And I spelt mongloid correctly.

• Locked thread