Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Tamayachi posted:

Ah ha holy poo poo this is an hour long??
It is actually a 1 hour rant.

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tamayachi posted:

Ah ha holy poo poo this is an hour long??

It's the only way to get subzzzz dude!!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pakled posted:

Redigit made a post on reddit about the matter.

The parent thread:

quote:

http://www.twitch.tv/hero (seems as though the rant is over, he IS still streaming 1.3 though he is now streaming League of Legends under the Terraria banner, he was asked to stop streaming by the devs)

tl;dr blames Terraria devs for his problems and credits all of the hype for 1.3 to himself, then tried to pull up seemingly random word documents in the middle of his stream. Also told donators to screw off in the middle of his rant. Not cool. As the first streamer showing Terraria 1.3 to the public, he dug his own grave.

"And yes, I could have taken him in PVP.... I beat them all three times and they invented different rules because of how fuckin' genius I was"

"I'm fuckin' awesome, I'm constant ruthlessly helping this community. Like, I'm fuckin' awesome and some crybaby oval office modders think I'm a crazy rear end in a top hat"

"I threatened to sue a mod team because I'm loving competitive. You can suck my motherfucking dick."

"I think even right now, I'm better than Yrimir. I don't think that that's skill."

Super passive aggressive end-stream message "Tell Pedguin I said hi" (he was complaining about Pedguin not rehosting him)

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m78EGWgvN0 This is a video of the full thing!

Thanks to jfarris9875 for posting it.

I'm not trying to attack Hero personally, this is just ridiculous though. If mods need me to remove any parts of this because it's against the rules I will. No personal insults or death threats involved. I'm not trying to witch-hunt here, these are his actions as a streamer.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

holy poo poo I was gonna give this a listen but it's over an hour long? fuckin' a. Here's a summary including some choice quotes for anyone else who doesn't want to listen to seventy minutes of a (presumably) grown man struggling not to cry.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Walrus Pete posted:

holy poo poo I was gonna give this a listen but it's over an hour long? fuckin' a. Here's a summary including some choice quotes for anyone else who doesn't want to listen to seventy minutes of a (presumably) grown man struggling not to cry.

I randomly jumped forward and got NO OF COURSE MY GIRLFRIEND DIDN'T LEAVE ME I HAVE A HUGE DICK, IM GOOD LOOKING, AND I MAKE DECENT MONEY.

This is great :allears:

EDIT: Oh poo poo, suddenly a Heroes of the Storm ad?!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Tamayachi posted:

I randomly jumped forward and got NO OF COURSE MY GIRLFRIEND DIDN'T LEAVE ME I HAVE A HUGE DICK, IM GOOD LOOKING, AND I MAKE DECENT MONEY.

This is great :allears:

:laffo::laffo: maybe I need to watch some of it after all

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
RUTHLESS PROMOTION

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just going back to this post real quick:

President Ark posted:

Keep in mind that a lot of the people watching these are literally children. We are jaded goons who have seen it all before, whereas this is their "if you give me ten bucks I'll show you how to catch pikablu in pokemon red! :byodood:" moment.

Literal children are watching/listening to a manchild idiot rant and rave about how much he sucks? :nsamad:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Phone posted:

Just going back to this post real quick:

Literal children are watching/listening to a manchild idiot rant and rave about how much he sucks is the loving best? :nsamad:

That seems closer.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
"You crybaby piece of poo poo"

He says, while crying about a videogame

VVVVVVV :drat:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
He may not have actually been playing terraria but he sure kept digging

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Terraria 1.3 - Just Keep Digging (your own grave)

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Walrus Pete posted:

The first 40 minutes are kinda boring, but after that it gets magical.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
He starts crying around 50 minute mark.

Also showing his document, and saying he won't show 2 pages down because he insult some people.

benzine fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 30, 2015

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

DoubleNegative posted:

The first 40 minutes are kinda boring, but after that it gets magical.

You aren't kidding. I was wondering if he could really keep it up that long, but I'm 5 minute from the end and at a complete loss for words.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

patch 1.3 is already the best thing to happen to terraria in forever

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

is this the guy who makes the tshock server mod?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

only now do i realize that pbat was the lesser of two evils
Here's the thing: PBat was bad at the game because it was brand new, he'd never played before. Hero has been playing since release.
The key difference here is when PBat died he would go OH MY GOD!!! but then could laugh about it and say stuff like "well, I won't do that again!" while Hero goes "BUGGED GAME MECHANICS! gently caress REDIGIT! WHAT AN AUTIST! IS THIS WHAT EXPERT MODE'S SUPPOSED TO BE???" PBat never stopped to rant about how big his dick was, literally and metaphorically.

They're both bad at the games, but PBat was having fun and was filled with wonder. Hero's just a spiteful little poo poo.

It's why PBat was never asked to stop by Redigit and Hero was.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Did the IRC server explode or is it just me :psyduck:

VVV And that's why I refuse to do Hardcore mode.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 30, 2015

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
A hardcore run encounters a magic mirror at the worst time possible,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjQueAsHO4

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

And that's why you never keep mirrors on your hotbar.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Cicadas! posted:

I always keep my mirror on the 9 key. I see now why this was a mistake.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Wait wait wait, does he have some Microsoft Sam text to speech app give him a pep talk to help cheer him up at the end? :lol:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Enzer posted:

Wait wait wait, does he have some Microsoft Sam text to speech app give him a pep talk to help cheer him up at the end? :lol:

No it's better, those are donator comments

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

victrix posted:

No it's better, those are donator comments

Twitch Streamers and their fans are truly magical. :allears:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I liked when a donator's text to speech just read this at him

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_cC1CGCEw

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

He may not have actually been playing terraria but he sure kept digging
:pusheen:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Oh hell yeah, 1.3 is going to be out when I wake up in the morning.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Hell yeah, looking forward to my yearly Terraria binge with a friend. Time to go in blind and just find random poo poo as we go :toot:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Same dinmar....any gobiners wanna do this poo poo

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cicadas! posted:

That's why I never play hardcore mode.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I haven't played this game since it originally came out and I never got very far. Everybody sounds super excited for this so I wanted to try it out. As I understand it, there's a new player guide on the wiki. Would I presumably still be good to follow that?

I don't know much about the game spoiler-wise, and I assume you get the best experience not spoiling yourself for anything for a while, so I haven't read the patch notes either.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Honestly, I would say the best thing to do is not even use a wiki. The Guide NPC's in-game help has gotten a lot more intuitive, and he has a feature now where he'll tell you all the recipes you can use items in that are conveniently tagged "material", so no need to look up crafting either.

My personal recommendation would just be to jump in, explore, and build some houses for folks to live in. Keep finding new stuff and explore your way through. As long as you read item descriptions, follow the guidance of the NPCs, and keep on searching the world, you'll find most stuff on your own. The game's really come a long way in terms of being user friendly.

Once the patch hits in about 8 hours you should have an easy time of it. No spoilers necessary.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Play with a friend or two and enjoyment tends to soar. But don't have too many people otherwise it's difficult to get everyone playing together. 2-4 is probably the sweet spot?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Vib Rib posted:

Honestly, I would say the best thing to do is not even use a wiki. The Guide NPC's in-game help has gotten a lot more intuitive, and he has a feature now where he'll tell you all the recipes you can use items in that are conveniently tagged "material", so no need to look up crafting either.

My personal recommendation would just be to jump in, explore, and build some houses for folks to live in. Keep finding new stuff and explore your way through. As long as you read item descriptions, follow the guidance of the NPCs, and keep on searching the world, you'll find most stuff on your own. The game's really come a long way in terms of being user friendly.

Once the patch hits in about 8 hours you should have an easy time of it. No spoilers necessary.

Had no idea the Guide had been improved, he was basically worthless when I played. That's good to know.

As for people to play with, I know some friends who used to play, but I honestly have no clue if they'd even be up for playing again. Plus they were super into it at the time and I don't want to hold them back from doing their poo poo.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
While multiplayer is a blast, I've never had trouble playing solo. I've always liked taking it slow anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Some of the Hardmode bosses are a bitch to solo, so there's that to take into consideration as well.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Do we know what time it drops? It's 10pm here and I want to know if it's worth staying up for the release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
In 7 hours?

• Locked thread