Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

isk posted:

Exactly what we needed. If you still haven't gotten the email from the Mogstation by tomorrow morning, you can give them a call. Just have all your deets on hand, especially the CD key for your game account.

Alternatively, if you have a different email address, you can try registering a second account with that. This is of course if you don't already have an account from 1.0/2.0 like noted above.

It's for an authenticator. Extra security, highly recommended, comes in phone app and physical token flavors.

Thanks (that is literally what the field says, "what is a one-time password?"). I was just trying to tell what was on my screen.

I will call in the morning if I haven't received an email from them. I think it's confusing because when you register for an account at the online store, I assumed that was the same account that would be tied to my actual game account. It says old accounts didn't work anymore and you have to register for a new one. That's a completely different registration system than the Mogstation link someone gave out earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Mordiceius posted:

So for those playing the real endgame, here's a list of the 3.0 triple triad NPCs organized by their availability windows.

pre:
2AM - 10AM   Estinien          Gibrillont, Foundation (12-11)                Roulette
2AM - 10AM   Count Edmont      Marielle, The Sea of Clouds (15-37)           Order
9AM - 8PM    Aymeric           Yayake, Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (7-12)         Chaos/Roulette
10AM - 8PM   Gaelicat          Noes, Old Gridania (10-5)                     Descension/Random
3PM - 3AM    Lucia             Wawalago, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (8-15)    Swap/Chaos
8PM - 5AM    Ysayle            Marcechamp, The Dravanian Forelands (32-20)   Reverse
9PM - 8AM    Hilda             Idle Imperial, Azys La (28-31)                Ascension/Random
10PM - 6AM   Yugiri            Yellow Moon, Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (14-13)   Ascension/Random
Unknown      Matoya            Midnight Dew, Idyllshire (5-6)                Random/Roulette
Always Up    Vanu Vanu/Gnath   Mogmill, The Churning Mists (28-35)           Roulette/Roulette

Ugh, so many random NPCs.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
At least one of those NPCs is a spoiler.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

At least one of those NPCs is a spoiler.

those are cards. you however have spoiled the fact that there's an npc named matoya. also, there's a cid. look the gently caress out people

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy oh boy time to sit down and play some FF-

oh

In like four hours I guess

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tuesday is maintenance night. Tbh I'm pretty loving amazed at the fact that I can play the game without an atrocious queue (because it's dying), and that downtime is going to be short tonight

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really like the hunt system, flows good while waiting on ques.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Desmond posted:

Thanks (that is literally what the field says, "what is a one-time password?"). I was just trying to tell what was on my screen.

poo poo, sorry. Hope it gets sorted!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, just finished the level 60 MSQ. You know how I was joking about how the people that join you in dungeons are Echoes of you from alternate dimensions? Yeah, after seeing the Ascian Fusion Dance and Lahabrea's comments about how the power of the Echo is to break down the barriers of reality I'm not entirely certain just how much of a joke it really is.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So I'm working on the MCH guide on ffgoons and so far I have made a very helpful flowchart so if you ahve any questions let me know so i know what to add

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So, post MSQ spoilers/speculation

My static hit on an interesting point while talking about Fractal Continuum tonight.

The Iksalion creatures look rather a lot like Ixal but with wings. The Ixal per their beast tribe quests believe they come from a mythical floating continent so high up that conventional airships can't reach it. Azys Lla only descended from what was presumably low orbit due to the signal sent by the key. They also believe that in those days they still had wings.

The Ixal may well be, in fact, descendants of Iksalion that escaped the Azys Lla facilities during the fall of Allag.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 30, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

fadam posted:

I already have a class at 60, I'm leveling a scholar from 0 but I have zero gear for it and idk how to gear him to start doing HW stuff now that I'm out of side quests.

You could scrape by with i130 stuff like ironworks as long as you get a better weapon from Vault and probably library. You rparty would probably hate you for being i130 in Library though and you'll still end up having to get up to i145 for the lvl 60 dungeons but that shouldn't be too bad if you're stockpiling law tomestones.

Or you can buy/craft stuff at 56/58.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Minrad posted:

those are cards. you however have spoiled the fact that there's an npc named matoya. also, there's a cid. look the gently caress out people

Thanks for spoiling the Princess Bride crossover questline.

Man it really sucks that AST doesn't get any AOE attacks until 52, where any hldr means I have to stick with individual attacks :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

You could scrape by with i130 stuff like ironworks as long as you get a better weapon from Vault and probably library. You rparty would probably hate you for being i130 in Library though and you'll still end up having to get up to i145 for the lvl 60 dungeons but that shouldn't be too bad if you're stockpiling law tomestones.

Or you can buy/craft stuff at 56/58.

I didn't get a viable replacement for my Zeta until 58. =T

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

So, post MSQ spoilers/speculation

My static hit on an interesting point while talking about Fractal Continuum tonight.

The Iksalion creatures look rather a lot like Ixal but with wings. The Ixal per their beast tribe quests believe they come from a mythical floating continent so high up that conventional airships can't reach it. Azys Lla only descended from what was presumably low orbit due to the signal sent by the key. They also believe that in those days they still had wings.

The Ixal may well be, in fact, descendants of Iksalion that escaped the Azys Lla facilities during the fall of Allag.

What if all the beast tribes are Allagan creations, made for the purpose of summoning primals?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Fister Roboto posted:

What if all the beast tribes are Allagan creations, made for the purpose of summoning primals?

What IS odd that the Allagan never attempted, as far as we can tell, to fight fire with fire. They always used a technological solution to their problems up until the very end. And then, instead of creating a Primal, Xande decided that the whole world needed to burn instead. They could use magic, there's plenty of evidence for that, so an inability to work magic is not the cause. And Dragons, which aren't even apparently FROM THIS PLANET can summon a Primal...

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Gearhead posted:

What IS odd that the Allagan never attempted, as far as we can tell, to fight fire with fire. They always used a technological solution to their problems up until the very end. And then, instead of creating a Primal, Xande decided that the whole world needed to burn instead. They could use magic, there's plenty of evidence for that, so an inability to work magic is not the cause. And Dragons, which aren't even apparently FROM THIS PLANET can summon a Primal...

Summoners were their attempt to fight fire with fire. All of their summoners went mad with power and basically made Summoning illegal.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Doublestep posted:

Summoners were their attempt to fight fire with fire. All of their summoners went mad with power and basically made Summoning illegal.

There is that, yes... but I still have to wonder... What is it that Xande came to understand, after he was resurrected, that made him decide the only solution left to him was to crack open the walls of the world and let the Cloud of Darkness in...?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I made 400k today with Culinarian as my only craft. I am a god.

Am I the only one who would pay like a buck for a leve ticket from the SE store? gently caress I want to level BTN and finish CUL to 60 but having just started a few weeks ago I never have enough leves. gently caress all you assholes that have 100 saved up.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 30, 2015

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Am I the only one who would pay like a buck for a leve ticket from the SE store?

oh god please no

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

So I'm working on the MCH guide on ffgoons and so far I have made a very helpful flowchart so if you ahve any questions let me know so i know what to add

Interesting flowchart, but I noticed it was missing something.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I would not be surprised if the next patch adds in the brand new MCH Misfire proc that adds a chance to hurt you whenever you use an ability.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Have they fixed the ..bug? (I guess?) where using Rapid Fire will let you use your moves so fast you that 123 procs haven't proc'd yet? That poo poo was honestly the straw that broke the camel's back for that class for me.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Televisio Frankus posted:

I would not be surprised if the next patch adds in the brand new MCH Misfire proc that adds a chance to hurt you whenever you use an ability.

The proc is from the new ammo type (ability? No clue if they're consumable items) called Volatile Ammo which has a 50% chance for your next attack to crit, a 20% chance to make your next attack an aoe with a range of 10 yalms, or a 30% chance for the misfire which deals the full damage to yourself, undodgable

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 30, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Sentient Data posted:

The proc is from the new ammo type (ability? No clue if they're consumable items) called Volatile Ammo which has a 50% chance for your next attack to crit, a 20% chance to make your next attack an aoe with a range of 10 yards, or a 30% chance for the misfire which deals the full damage to yourself, undodgable

This wouldn't be too bad because Machinist deals no damage.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
To the surprise of nobody, PBC and DGKK (and the only other entry from Excalibur) won the FC Recruitment Video Contest!

:confuoot:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

psymonkey posted:

Have they fixed the ..bug? (I guess?) where using Rapid Fire will let you use your moves so fast you that 123 procs haven't proc'd yet? That poo poo was honestly the straw that broke the camel's back for that class for me.

That's a lag thing that affects pretty much every proc that doesn't have a full GCD between casts--Firestarter, Straighter Shot with Wanderer's Minuet on, you name it. I've had Benefic II procs get burned on a cast I had to wait out the timer on anyway. It's lame but like mudras it's one of those things you either have to deal with or move to Japan.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Is there a reason why the Ixal daily quests reward 15 rep each while all the other beast quests are 5? I don't mind it giving more but its just odd. Also why is there a daily quest to do a fate quest that never spawns. I sat around for like 10 minutes with another random person until we both gave up and just turned in our dailies to find out that it just spawned right then. So I had to run all the way back to fight the stupid magitek machine alone as a scholar because no one is around obviously. After wasting like 10 minutes I finally killed it. Please tell me that's the only fate quest daily out there. I don't mind doing quests for rep but I don't like sitting around waiting for a potential daily spawn that could be anywhere from now to an hour or two away.

On another note, I did garuda for the first time today and it was also the first time I've ever wiped enough and not complete a dungeon. No one knew what to do and we kept getting instant killed or having the rocks get blown up by splash damage. We wiped enough times that all my gear broke and we had to vote abandon. Thankfully the second group I found had high levels using the low level dungeon finder and explained the fight which let us beat it easily. Yay for high levels. I like how the difficulty isn't stupidly difficult and once you know a fight you can pretty much beat it. Dungeons are starting to get quite interesting, like the dragon one we had to do at around lv 40 with lots of aoes everywhere you have to dodge, aoes that I was too busy admiring the explosions that I forgot to heal a poor black mage who ended up being frozen to death

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Story Garuda is the hardest fight in the game right now I think :v:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velveteen posted:

Is there a reason why the Ixal daily quests reward 15 rep each while all the other beast quests are 5? I don't mind it giving more but its just odd. Also why is there a daily quest to do a fate quest that never spawns. I sat around for like 10 minutes with another random person until we both gave up and just turned in our dailies to find out that it just spawned right then. So I had to run all the way back to fight the stupid magitek machine alone as a scholar because no one is around obviously. After wasting like 10 minutes I finally killed it. Please tell me that's the only fate quest daily out there. I don't mind doing quests for rep but I don't like sitting around waiting for a potential daily spawn that could be anywhere from now to an hour or two away.

Ixal has more ranks than the others

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Velveteen posted:

On another note, I did garuda for the first time today and it was also the first time I've ever wiped enough and not complete a dungeon. No one knew what to do and we kept getting instant killed or having the rocks get blown up by splash damage. We wiped enough times that all my gear broke and we had to vote abandon. Thankfully the second group I found had high levels using the low level dungeon finder and explained the fight which let us beat it easily. Yay for high levels. I like how the difficulty isn't stupidly difficult and once you know a fight you can pretty much beat it. Dungeons are starting to get quite interesting, like the dragon one we had to do at around lv 40 with lots of aoes everywhere you have to dodge, aoes that I was too busy admiring the explosions that I forgot to heal a poor black mage who ended up being frozen to death

Story Garuda's biggest problem is that she's the closest to mechanically complete of all the 2.0 Primals you fight, with some outright mean tricks.

And you're capped at below lv 50 to fight her.

The splash damage on protective stones is completely missable until things start falling apart. Slipstream is completely unmarked, not particularly telegraphed and is a really good tankbuster attack just on raw damage alone. Generally, a tank is going to get spiked harder on Story Garuda than any other boss, just because of the math and the surprise that is Slipstream.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

HW ending question: What happened to the Heavens' Ward? Thordan's dead, and presumably when you smashed him out of being a primal they reverted too, but are they dead? In hiding? Back in Ishgard like nothing happened hoping that you don't go avenge Haurchefant some more?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

vOv posted:

HW ending question: What happened to the Heavens' Ward? Thordan's dead, and presumably when you smashed him out of being a primal they reverted too, but are they dead? In hiding? Back in Ishgard like nothing happened hoping that you don't go avenge Haurchefant some more?

Answer They appeared to be utterly consumed into aether, like lousioux after becoming phoenix

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

I hope that one rear end in a top hat is still around, you know, that one, 'cause Knights of the Round is cool and all but it doesn't have that element of "and gently caress this guy in particular" and I was hoping I'd get a chance to kill him properly.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Patch is up for download. 60 megs.

Fingers crossed for DRK's aura getting fixed? Or maybe some buffs to FATE exp in all the HW zones...

Or even less likely, MCH and BRD buffs :v:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Minrad posted:

Fingers crossed for DRK's aura getting fixed? Or maybe some buffs to FATE exp in all the HW zones...

Let's hope they don't fix the DRK aura.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Opposing Farce posted:

I hope that one rear end in a top hat is still around, you know, that one, 'cause Knights of the Round is cool and all but it doesn't have that element of "and gently caress this guy in particular" and I was hoping I'd get a chance to kill him properly.
Maybe Niddhog's powers will give us an opportunity, his eyes absorb nearby Aether, he could have done as well with Thordan and the Knights' essence. I'm also not convinced we won't see that rear end in a top hat Ascian again (Labraeha or something), I think he's just trapped in Niddog's eye.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

quote:

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Jun. 29, 2015)
The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in "Thok ast Thok (Extreme)" wherein Ravana would only auto-attack under certain conditions.
・An issue in "The Bowl of Embers: Extreme" and during the Cerberus battle in "The World of Darkness" wherein the damage from certain debuffs was extremely low.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein it was possible to attack helpless monsters inside the cultivation capsules.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein ground-targeting actions could not be used in some locations.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein monsters could not be targeted occasionally.
・An issue in the main quest’s level 60 instance dungeon wherein some of the bioculture node's actions would have no effect.
・An issue in "The Final Coil of Bahamut: Turn 3" wherein the debuff “Cloak of Death” lasts longer than intended.
・An issue in the FATE "Prey Online" wherein certain monster behaviors were incorrect.
・An issue wherein the elite mark Bune's actions were not triggering correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein camera control and field of view did not function correctly.
・An issue in the main scenario quest "Fire and Blood" wherein the NPC "Tataru" was not wearing the correct clothes.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "The Courage of Nuts" and "Protecting the Pom" at the same time.
・An issue wherein it was possible to accept the sidequests "Who's Got the Baskets", "My Friend the Enabler", and "Back to Baskets" at the same time.
・An issue in the sidequest "Landing a Stable Job" wherein speaking to the NPC "Proving Grounds Guard" as a Disciple of the Hand or Disciple of the Land would cause the selection window popup to appear blank.
・An issue in the job quest "Original Sins" wherein NPCs from a different quest would appear on-screen.
・An issue in the job quest "The Green Death" wherein the map could not be opened occasionally from the Journal and Objectives List.
・An issue in the job quest "A Lesson in Patience" wherein text would not appear on the screen when acquiring the new action.
・An issue in the job quest “A Flare for the Dramatic” wherein unnecessary effects appear on certain characters.
・An issue wherein the warrior action "Raw Intuition" would cause the user to receive critical heals as well.
・An issue wherein bards would be temporarily unable to perform actions under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage ability "Assize" would not restore MP under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the white mage action “Divine Seal” which affects magic only would also affect the ability “Assize”.
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Ley Lines" and machinist action "Rapid Fire" would affect the cast times for actions such as "Teleport" and "Return".
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Fire" would not trigger the "Fire III" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the ninja action "Suiton" would grant the effect even if it misses the target.
・An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would apply its effect to multiple actions used in sequence.
・An issue wherein the machinist action "Wildfire" was appearing in the wrong category in the damage log.
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Celestial Opposition" would shorten buff durations, such as "Well Fed".
・An issue wherein the astrologian action "Benefic" would not trigger the "Benefic II" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein, if a character who has unlocked Patch 3.0 Duties logs on with a platform that does not have Heavensward play rights, queuing for a Duty Roulette would cause an error.
・An issue wherein it was possible to queue for a Duty Roulette: Expert with party members that did not have Heavensward play rights.
・An issue wherein materia effects of PvP equipment introduced with Patch 3.0 were active in PvE areas.
・An issue wherein company crests could not be added to certain gear introduced in Patch 3.0
・An issue wherein the Sightseeing Log would only display Patch 3.0 areas under certain conditions.
・An issue wherein the quest levels displayed in The Unending Journey were incorrect for certain dragoon job quests.
・An issue wherein the flames effect from "Thok ast Thok" would appear upon moving into a housing area.
・An issue wherein sorting by "Auto-attack" on the Market Board would cause items to be sorted alphabetically.
・An issue wherein players were unable to discard the item "Sable Death Mask" if it was purchased from the NPC "Calamity Salvager”.
・An issue wherein text commands for the following actions were not recognized correctly:
JP version: Painflare
EN version: Ricochet / Scourge / Ascend / Painflare / Prune
FR version: Reassemble / Ricochet
DE version: Leg Graze / Time Dilation / Stone III / Fell Cleave
・An issue wherein certain text was incorrect.
・An issue wherein exiting the game in DirectX 11 mode in certain environments would cause an error. (Windows only)
・An issue in DirectX 11 wherein repeatedly pressing the "PrintScreen" button during Full Screen Mode could cause the controls to freeze. (Windows only)
*Due to the basic fix to address this issue in the Jun. 25, 2015 hotfix, the "PrintScreen" key could not be used on other software previously, but this current hotfix now makes it possible.
・An issue wherein pressing Alt + Enter in chat entry would cause the screen to black out and prevent you from playing the game.
・An issue wherein, if you change areas while you are typing text in the macro text edit field, the text remains on the screen. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein clicking the macro text edit field would prevent mouse clicks from being recognized. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein users were unable to move the typing carat in the macro text edit field via mouse click. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein changing the screen resolution with the mouse would cause the cursor to not appear in the correct position. (Mac only)
・An issue wherein attempting to change the screen resolution by selecting the same resolution as before would not cause the confirmation message to appear. (Mac only)

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

quote:

・An issue wherein the warrior action "Raw Intuition" would cause the user to receive critical heals as well.
・An issue wherein the black mage action "Ley Lines" and machinist action "Rapid Fire" would affect the cast times for actions such as "Teleport" and "Return".

They shouldn't have fixed these two.

Ojjeorago fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Minrad posted:

I don't think they really do balance changes in hotfixes. Like most people I'm pretty confident we'll see some BRD and MCH adjustments, but it'll come as part of a numbered update--not necessarily 3.1, but something bigger than a hotfix. I think it's probably still a little too close to release to see major changes come with Alex, so my money's on either Alex Savage or 3.1 for balance adjustments.

On the plus side, the bard bug is finally fixed :toot:

• Locked thread