Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Ok, I am not a father, don't play with kids, nor do I currently play games that don't involve a keyboard of some sort. What the gently caress is going on here. I really want to appreciate this picture and am grateful for having the opportunity to post about it in this thread.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

he's playing a split screen multiplayer game with his kid

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would have figured that in the age of widescreen TVs, "split screen" would mean split left-and-right.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Kly posted:

he's playing a split screen multiplayer game with his kid

Ohhhh.

Data Graham posted:

I would have figured that in the age of widescreen TVs, "split screen" would mean split left-and-right.

You might be onto something!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Data Graham posted:

It's halo 1 so it was created with square TVs in mind, but also it's better to have a wider fov

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Data Graham posted:

i think it depends on the kind of game. like racing games have a vertical split since its more important to see farther ahead and shooter games have a horizontal split since its more important to see your sides.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

The Nards Pan posted:

I think everyone throwing shade at T-Swift just haven't given her music a chance. Seriously. Load up a couple of her albums on Spotify and give them a listen and then see what you haters think.

I would love to, but I can't.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

trapped mouse posted:

Pretty much. I never heard a Justin Bieber song that I liked, but holy cow did people go overboard on the hate. Kid was only like 14 or something when he got big, and just got hit with a huge wall of hate and vitriol right from when he got famous. I doubt it was anything intensely personal about the guy, most of the people probably only heard a couple clips of his songs. Of course he went on to do skeevy things, but it was way before any of that stuff came out.

People are just mad that teenage girls aren't listening to "real" music, whatever that means to the person gettin' mad over pop music. And Taylor Swift's latest stuff has been pretty drat good.

Yeah, the beeb didn't get insufferable for like, another five years. I never understand the out and out vitriol teen pop stars get from adults, like they're playing a constant brown note or something. At the end of the day, most of that stuff is pretty much inoffensive and paper thin substance wise, and is some of the most forgettable songwriting wrapped around a catchy beat. If anything, it's some of the easiest stuff to ignore.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Let's be honest. We all know this came about, because that kid is a little screen-spying pussy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

For that macho look!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Those are much better Mad Max names than the generator comes up with.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I laughed at Skythrone of Judgment.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

The Nards Pan posted:

Load up a couple of her albums on Spotify and give them a listen and then see what you haters think.

I see what you did there, and you're not getting enough love for it.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Halo 2 did this and it was just about unplayable.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Angela Christine posted:

For that macho look!

Does it come in colours that aren't ginger ?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Istari posted:

Does it come in colours that aren't ginger ?

You will be Zangief and you will like it, mister.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

I never understand the out and out vitriol teen pop stars get from adults, like they're playing a constant brown note or something. At the end of the day, most of that stuff is pretty much inoffensive and paper thin substance wise, and is some of the most forgettable songwriting wrapped around a catchy beat. If anything, it's some of the easiest stuff to ignore.

A surprisingly large number of adults continue to listen to top 40 radio, and get angry at the constant reminders that they are no longer the target demographic. "Why does the radio station I have always listened to not play the songs I like any more? Clearly music is objectively worse now."

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There is an optician (optimist?) at the wal mart eye clinic who looks astoundingly like Taylor Swift, and one time she cleaned my glasses.

So, in my book, Swift is pretty cool because she does a hell of a job getting nerd goggles looking all see through.

Thank you for letting me share my Swift Story with you all.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tiggum posted:

A surprisingly large number of adults continue to listen to top 40 radio, and get angry at the constant reminders that they are no longer the target demographic. "Why does the radio station I have always listened to not play the songs I like any more? Clearly music is objectively worse now."

The real problem is listening to radio in the first place.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I am sorry for starting this derail and also I loving hate all of you.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's also the kind of music that the people who made fun of them in middle school (aka everyone) listened to.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

drat, good thin gi read this thread so i can update my spreadsheet on goons' taste in pop music

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

how about nicky minaj? anyone like nicky minaj? i'm interested in hearing pros/cons, also some analysis about her target demographic, etc

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
She has a fake rear end.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

lovely racist old people musician says "Shut the gently caress up about lovely music and post pictures, idiots!"

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Jun 30, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

Sometimes, it means the same screen, only with polarised glasses that have the polarisation at 90° to each other. You both see your own screen, and have no way of seeing the other person's screen. It's pretty sweet, but also hell-of expensive for the TVs that support it.

But that's not a funny picture.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Clitch posted:

Let's be honest. We all know this came about, because that kid is a little screen-spying pussy.

If you can't handle the challenge of using multiple points of view maybe the fast-paced world of split-screen multiplayer isn't for you

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There is an optician (optimist?)

Optometrist, and not the same thing as an optician, but I love you for that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

These t-Swift fans are giving off major brony vibes.

edit:

I rest my case.

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Jun 30, 2015

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spectral Werewolf posted:

She has a fake rear end.

:buttfame:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Holy poo poo you guys, you can like or not like something and whatever your choice doesn't matter to anyone else. Shut the gently caress up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Clitch posted:

Only the truest bitches whine about screen peaking because it can go both ways.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Picnic Princess posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Picnic Princess posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, you can like or not like something and whatever your choice doesn't matter to anyone else. Shut the gently caress up.

Picnic Princess posted:

Picnic Princess posted:

Picnic Princess posted:

Picnic Princess posted:

Taylor Swift is loving fantastic. If you disagree, congratulations on your dissenting opinion.

Here is funny piktur

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Data Graham posted:

Seriously! I sweat I remember video games being all left-right split screen until like ten or fifteen years ago. Now it's all top and bottom. Hate that poo poo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Internet Wizard posted:

If you can't handle the challenge of using multiple points of view maybe the fast-paced world of split-screen multiplayer isn't for you

Oxyclean posted:

Only the truest bitches whine about screen peaking because it can go both ways.

Oh my God, you spergy manchildren. Only you idiot goons would turn a dumb video game joke into, "Hurf, durf. Git gud, human being."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

MiketheGreat posted:

Taylor Swift is loving fantastic. If you disagree, congratulations on your dissenting opinion.

Lol "NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION. HERE'S MY OPINION. NOW SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR OPINION."

You're the worst.

• Locked thread