Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Necc0 posted:

wow, rude

You're the one who made an OP that implied LE/LEM is anything but the same rank as Nova 3

Ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
It used to be!

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Antares posted:

are there any cool tips for retaking d2 A from CT or is it a total gently caress you zone

You can fix it, but its hard as gently caress. A good Awp on A long, and 1 or 2 M4/ak's on short with some good flash nades can do the job. I never use CT spawn for retaking A. But thats me.

E: Always attack from two sides at once.

Lord Xander fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 30, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Today, someone jumped and killed me instantly with a midair m4a1 burst to my head while i was planting

So, do that I guess

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Today, someone jumped and killed me instantly with a midair m4a1 burst to my head while i was planting

So, do that I guess

Just a lucky shot. ;)

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
Awesome evening of competitive games on zoo with two friends:
First game: The two other random team mates begs to be kicked after losing pistol round, and just leave after a while when we wouldn't kick them. Lose 1-16.
Second game: The same. Lose 2-16.
Third game: The opponents start kicking/leaving after losing a couple of rounds. In the end only one person is left, with 4 bots. Win 16-0.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I landed in a team with a 4stack of russians on zoo once and it was the chillest game

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Chill Russians are the chillest motherfuckers around.

Treser
Sep 2, 2013

It's not supposed to be safe

I'm US east and will never get to play with EU bros. Feels bad.

e: About how many comp matches does it take to somewhat figure out where you need to be? I'm at 71 wins and GNM. While I have friends who have upwards of 200 wins and are GNM as well and recently got there.

Treser fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 30, 2015

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

InK105 posted:

e: About how many comp matches does it take to somewhat figure out where you need to be? I'm at 71 wins and GNM. While I have friends who have upwards of 200 wins and are GNM as well and recently got there.

Depends on where you placed. I'm at 84 wins and recently GNM, but I placed at silver 1.

Treser
Sep 2, 2013

It's not supposed to be safe

Kazinsal posted:

Depends on where you placed. I'm at 84 wins and recently GNM, but I placed at silver 1.

I was placed Silver 4.

Lord Xander
Jun 2, 2014
Well i was placed Silver 3 and after 49 wins, I'm only Nova 1, so its all about how many do you lose.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

InK105 posted:

if you were above your rank, you'd be carrying super hard in GNM and under, and would rank up in a few games.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I miss dropping 40 bombs in gold and mg, it feels like forever ago. Now every win is some exhausting 16-14 nightmare match with barely 1 k/d

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

I miss dropping 40 bombs in gold and mg, it feels like forever ago. Now every win is some exhausting 16-14 nightmare match with barely 1 k/d

Great humblebrag bro :)

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
if you arent at 2 kdr every game, you deserve derank scrublords

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Great humblebrag bro :)

In case there's any confusion let me be the first to tell you that I am really bad at this dumb game

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Just want to apologize to everyone I've been MMing with lately for boat-anchoring the first half every time I play. I'm still rusty and it takes me about ten rounds to achieve :pcgaming:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

InK105 posted:

There is no actual answer to this because "where you need to be" should change as you play more and get better at the game (or worse). Your learning curve may just be less steep than your friends'. Rank adjustments happen fairly quickly (less than 5 matches) if you're not near where the system thinks you should be.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Message me on steam if you wanna play casual or some poo poo cuz' I'm stuck in Private Rank 2 Hell and I can't play MM yet....I'M COMIN' OUT OF RETIREMENT...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Slumpy posted:

Message me on steam if you wanna play casual or some poo poo cuz' I'm stuck in Private Rank 2 Hell and I can't play MM yet....I'M COMIN' OUT OF RETIREMENT...

Even with goons constantly yelling at me in mumble it took me forever to power through those ranks because holy poo poo it's so bad being forced to play that much casual.

Stay strong, Slumpy-san

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
Is casual the fastest way to rank up to 3? Compared to demolition or armsrace etc.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

PerOlus posted:

Is casual the fastest way to rank up to 3? Compared to demolition or armsrace etc.

I'd say casual is the worst and most frustrating way to rank up, if you're actually decent DM is probably the fastest way to get there because you can do more with each game when you're constantly alive. I believe XP is based on points not frags so use the bonus weapon etc and it won't take you long.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I recently resumed playing since this profile level update, and casual yields slightly more experience than DM and arms race, and I often finish in top of either.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Slumpy posted:

Slumps I miss you bro

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

real dilemma posted:

I'd say casual is the worst and most frustrating way to rank up, if you're actually decent DM is probably the fastest way to get there because you can do more with each game when you're constantly alive. I believe XP is based on points not frags so use the bonus weapon etc and it won't take you long.

Casual is the fastest, for sure. Storming a casual game will always net you more than DM. OTOH, DM will be more consistent and always lasts 10 mins.

Getting 800-900 points consistently on Valve DM is actually kind of hard, and that only nets you 160-180 XP per game. Compare that to an 8-0 Casual win, where you can get maybe 50-60 points, and that's 200-240xp.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I've gotten to DMG all the way from Silver II using this one weird trick! Bind crouch to right click, get a 144hz

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

Casual is the fastest, for sure. Storming a casual game will always net you more than DM. OTOH, DM will be more consistent and always lasts 10 mins.

Getting 800-900 points consistently on Valve DM is actually kind of hard, and that only nets you 160-180 XP per game. Compare that to an 8-0 Casual win, where you can get maybe 50-60 points, and that's 200-240xp.

except even if a casual game is 8-0 (which they almost never are, even if you're a good player) it still lasts longer than the 10 minutes required to play a DM map. And DM is actually semi-useful for improving your aim and you don't have to just sit there and get angry at how bad everyone is when you're dead and waiting for the round to time out because the Ts can't figure out that planting the bomb will help win the round

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

real dilemma posted:

except even if a casual game is 8-0 (which they almost never are, even if you're a good player) it still lasts longer than the 10 minutes required to play a DM map. And DM is actually semi-useful for improving your aim and you don't have to just sit there and get angry at how bad everyone is when you're dead and waiting for the round to time out because the Ts can't figure out that planting the bomb will help win the round

I think you're right for most people. But my experience was pretty different. I'd say my average DM score was 150 xp for 10 minutes play. Casual games (I played quite a few, and universally they were 8-0 to 8-2 (mostly d2) and I would get about 250-300xp+ And although fractionally longer than 10 minutes, not significantly. Call the average 15 minutes, and that's still better than DM, which would on average go up to 225xp.

I'd say just sacrifice all gameplay morals, plus play CT. Far easier to rack 'em up like that. As to your point about aim training and sitting dead: you aren't baiting your team hard enough. You must bait harder, harder than you can currently imagine.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Become the master baiter you were always meant to be

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Jeza posted:

I'd say my average DM score was 150 xp for 10 minutes play. Casual games (I played quite a few, and universally they were 8-0 to 8-2 (mostly d2) and I would get about 250-300xp+ And although fractionally longer than 10 minutes, not significantly. Call the average 15 minutes, and that's still better than DM, which would on average go up to 225xp.

lol if you think im reading this nerd poo poo

do you people not have jobs or lives or anything?

just go play whatever game mode you enjoy, you don't need to min max your cs:go experience levels

if you want to level up fast just buy the operation like a normal first worlder and be done with it

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
lmao

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

down with slavery posted:

just go play whatever game mode you enjoy, you don't need to min max your cs:go experience levels

if you want to level up fast just buy the operation like a normal first worlder and be done with it

pengy your trolls are really lazy these days, what's wrong are you sick? depressed?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

it's exactly to play the game mode people enjoy that they want to speed through the dm/casual bs, tho

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

real dilemma posted:

pengy your trolls are really lazy these days, what's wrong are you sick? depressed?

only like one line in that post is really a troll... and even then not really

Bohemian Nights posted:

it's exactly to play the game mode people enjoy that they want to speed through the dm/casual bs, tho

http://www.counter-strike.net/operationbloodhound/

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Not everybody wants to buy the operation multiple times, especially if they have several accounts. And even with the op still my point stands. Most people hate the grindy xp poo poo you have to do to play comp, just sharing the fruits of my labour. Sorry you think mathematics for 5 year olds is nerd poo poo, but then coming from you it's not a big surprise. Put my posts on ignore if you can't handle me :wink:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jeza posted:

Not everybody wants to buy the operation multiple times, especially if they have several accounts.

Sounds like the anti-smurfing idea works

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

dex_sda posted:

Still loads of smurfs though.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Jeza posted:

Put my posts on ignore if you can't handle me :wink:

lol you wish

dex_sda posted:

blown away by the number of people I play with in games that are talking about "mains" and "alts", it's gotta be the saddest thing ever that you'd buy a game twice to preserve your internet video game rank symbol

edit. also feverish "WHATS EVERONES RANKS" in pregame as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I originally made an alt so that I'd have an account to play with my lower ranked friends without every game being 0-16 against people who instantly click heads vs ponderous duders playing on 15.6 laptops

But everyone ranked up so much after the vac waves that it became pointless and I've pretty much only been using one since bloodhound came out

• Locked thread