Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Actually while we're on the topic of flags, which flag do you guys think is sexiest? I want to bang the Thai flag so hard but there's something about the Georgian (the country not the state lol) flag that makes me a little curious, like I don't swing that way but sometimes I wonder what it'd be like, you know? Fwiw the French flag does absolutely nothing for me, people go on and on about how much they jerk off to it but I really just don't see the appeal. What do you guys reckon

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3589033

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Actually while we're on the topic of flags, which flag do you guys think is sexiest? I want to bang the Thai flag so hard but there's something about the Georgian (the country not the state lol) flag that makes me a little curious, like I don't swing that way but sometimes I wonder what it'd be like, you know? Fwiw the French flag does absolutely nothing for me, people go on and on about how much they jerk off to it but I really just don't see the appeal. What do you guys reckon

Mozambique's has guns on theirs. If that doesn't make you hard you're probably a lib'rul.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

e: you know what, never mind.

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Jun 29, 2015

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
"The Calcio Storico – ‘historic football’ – is an ancient form of football from the 16th century, which originated from the ancient roman ‘harpastum’, and is played in teams of 27, using both feet and hands. While things like sucker-punches and kicks to the head are prohibited, headbutting, punching, elbowing, and choking are all allowed."

There is a sport somewhere in here

Crazy Eyes Giuseppe is a beast on the run, could never tell which way he was going to go.

(link to more pics at chive)

https://vimeo.com/25512336

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The original post from three days ago

Also gently caress The Chive

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Well you should have posted it then

Also who the gently caress cares

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I liked the description "it's like Calvinball for violent adult men"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

bimmian posted:

Well you should have posted it then

Also who the gently caress cares

Oh it's nothing personal, I just like giving The Chive poo poo because it's poo poo is all

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What, you're not a fan of the 'whitest site on the internet'?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Chive manages to smell like a gym sock in a Buffalo Wild Wings through visuals alone, an impressive feat

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

The Chive manages to smell like a gym sock in a Buffalo Wild Wings through visuals alone, an impressive feat

The best thing is the local late night advertising for unofficial Chive chapters.

I don't honestly know how or why this is possible.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

The best thing is the local late night advertising for unofficial Chive chapters.

None of those people look comfortable having to stand near each other

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Aesop Poprock posted:

None of those people look comfortable having to stand near each other

The big guy in the back doesn't look comfortable standing period.

Also Calcio Storico is extremely my poo poo and can't wait to see it live. There is a really good documentary in that thread about it. No rules (some rules) no substitutions, winners get the white cow.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Nastyman posted:

Mozambique's has guns on theirs. If that doesn't make you hard you're probably a lib'rul.

An AK, a mop, and a book = school janitor's union flag. (pussies need not fill out a job application)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

syscall girl posted:

Would, would, woodchipper, woodchipper, would.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

An AK, a mop, and a book = school janitor's union flag. (pussies need not fill out a job application)

That's a hoe

edit: also games like calcio storico were basically the football of medieval times throughout europe. Most big cities essentially had a brawl including a ball somewhere and competition between different parts of the city i.e different quarters of the city or university students vs apprentices etc. So cool that a fairly traditional version is still around though. I believe the Florentine version is teams from different city quarters.

I can believe it was a pretty good way to relieve tension between different social groups that built up over the year.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 14:40 on Jun 30, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
a gym sock in a bdubs is some next level imagery

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Keep Calm
and
Chive On

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
Aw man, those Bill Murray shirts and stickers are from that cut-rate Cracked/Maxim mashup? They couldn't even come up with an original name. "What's like an onion? I know!"

I hope the man himself disapproves.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What a fukken stache

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Bill Murray is slowly evolving into Chester A. Arthur.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

Glad to see that Ankh-Morpork's football cup is still going strong.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Glad to see that Ankh-Morpork's foot-the-ball cup is still going strong.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

NLJP posted:

That's a hoe
Takes one to know one.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

bimmian posted:

"The Calcio Storico – ‘historic football’ – is an ancient form of football from the 16th century, which originated from the ancient roman ‘harpastum’, and is played in teams of 27, using both feet and hands. While things like sucker-punches and kicks to the head are prohibited, headbutting, punching, elbowing, and choking are all allowed."

There is a sport somewhere in here

Crazy Eyes Giuseppe is a beast on the run, could never tell which way he was going to go.

(link to more pics at chive)

https://vimeo.com/25512336

I vote that we make this the World Cup.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mikael Granlund Lacrosse-Style Goal at the Hockey World Championships about 5 years ago.

For something a bit more recent, here's Tomas Hertl scoring between his legs.

It was his fourth of the night and he was 19 at the time

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

JoelJoel posted:

Mikael Granlund Lacrosse-Style Goal at the Hockey World Championships about 5 years ago.

poo poo like this makes me wish this was a more popular locale for hockey.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

JoelJoel posted:

note: the goalie hertl scored that on, marty biron, was pulled right after and retired before playing another pro game

also the proper term for that move is the marek malik

e: note: malik pulled that move to win what was at the time a record breaking 15 round shootout

he was a "defensive defenseman", code for terrible scorer: 33 total goals in 691 regular season games

fits has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Jul 4, 2015

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fits posted:

note: the goalie hertl scored that on, marty biron, was pulled right after and retired before playing another pro game

also the proper term for that move is the marek malik

e: note: malik pulled that move to win what was at the time a record breaking 15 round shootout

he was a "defensive defenseman", code for terrible scorer: 33 total goals in 691 regular season games

I was watching that shootout with about 10 of my friends, most of whom are Rangers fans. Everyone went crazy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Eddie Hall 1020lb deadlift world record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-61Bar0s1k

Looked easy.

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/DQQFfjU.webm

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 09:35 on Jul 12, 2015

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Say Nothing posted:

Eddie Hall 1020lb deadlift world record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-61Bar0s1k

Looked easy.

Question: why do they strap their wrists to the bar ? That seems like a safety hazard to me.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Istari posted:

Question: why do they strap their wrists to the bar ? That seems like a safety hazard to me.

It's the opposite of a safety hazard. The muscles in the legs and back can get way stronger than the muscles in the forearm. After a certain point you need to start using that stuff. The other options are either torn muscles and ligaments or dropping the bar.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003

Istari posted:

That's the best part of the deadlift: if you can't complete the lift, you just...you know, put it back down.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Birb Katter posted:

dropping the bar.

I would've thought that dropping the bar would be the safest option if you can't complete a lift.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Istari posted:

I would've thought that dropping the bar would be the safest option if you can't complete a lift.

The point of straps is that it lets you actually finish the lift instead of dropping the bar. Your legs are capable of lifting much more weight than your hands are capable of gripping.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The mountain did 450kg/ 991lbs in the same contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXbZxuWoTk

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Say Nothing posted:

The mountain did 450kg/ 991lbs in the same contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXbZxuWoTk

So what you're saying is, the work continues.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Human locomotive Benedikt Magnusson pulled 1015 without straps a few years back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jO21-a2W0
In powerlifting, straps aren't allowed, so technically Benny's record still stands. Eddie holds the strongman deadlift record, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
From the Cosplay thread:

Erebus posted:

Look at this loser can't even get his costume right he's probably not even a real fan

(Congressman John Lewis at Comic-Con, cosplaying as himself from 50 years ago during the Selma to Montgomery marches)