Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

sweetguts posted:

Love that fire department shirt that just has the initials FD on it, too. FD of what? which town? where do these people live???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker :911:

:fsmug:

9 Chickweed Lane

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the fact that the Dick Tracy writers already established a connection between the antennae and puberty makes the "she grabbed you, it wasn't your fault" line quite a bit darker than it needs to be.

Why are these PSA type things always so clumsily written, anyway?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aardmania posted:

None of the workers get that money anyway :911:

Supporting the American economy by using nationalism to inexplicably force an American company to sell its goods below cost :911:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aardmania posted:

He's selling for below cost because she got angry and accused him of being unpatriotic? :psyduck:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I gotta give him one thing; he managed to get his headband on between his eyebrows and his eyes. You try that and tell me how it goes.

So he's so motivated by the warehouse project that he's going to dump all the work off on his wife while he trains for a mud run?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Much like how GoatseXKCD or sticking "Christ what an rear end in a top hat" on any New Yorker comic works, I can't help but think the editmeisters need to save that second panel. Would work so well for a final panel in many edits.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 30, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac has a recap for those who weren't paying attention on Monday:

Poptropica is just...
yeah.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set compares quality to cost.

Working Daze gets "political", I guess? Who loving knows.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gits 'er done.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Tomorrow: HONEYMOON!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does Mandrake know cock magic?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Honeymoon already had lunarian "horns" and that was why she had those weird front-pigtails, to hide them. Did they just appear, or just get bigger, or was it the exact opposite and she had the pigtails to imitate them?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

greatn posted:

Does Mandrake know cock magic?

Narda actually calls him Tricky Dicky when alone. All glory to the Hypnoload!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Calling it - Just before the start of the race, Guran will pull out his poison blow gun and straight out murder the other guy. Then will raise his arms parallel to the ground, shouting, "Come on if you think you're hard enough!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Mandrake spends months to go through 5 minutes of real time and then they come to a major event like him getting married and it's like BAM done. It's not even Friday (or I don't think it is but I don't know what year this is).

F Minus

"Dammit! Turn that music...up?"

Mary Worth

A woman? Defending herself when there is a man right there? :monocle:

Rex Morgan MD

They really need to redesign Sarah or something. She always looks like a adult little person.

Secret Agent X-9

Was "Certainly not" supposed to mean "No you can't look around" or "Of course I don't mind if you look around" and how does that go to guns drawn all the sudden?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (May 1, 1928)

Peanuts (July 1, 1969)

Tom Batiuk Thinks The Internet Is A Fraud

Even a clueless startup wouldn't furnish a news set like a break room. Put a dirty microwave in frame and you might as well be in the Walmart backroom.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Hand to God, Dan Thompson, if Breezy becomes Rip's new grandmother...

Out Our Way (June 8-9, 1927)

Thimble Theater (January 16, 1929)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 30, 2015

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EasyEW posted:

Hand to God, Dan Thompson, if Breezy becomes Rip's new grandmother...

It would redeem this entire story arc, I agree. Embarassing Little Pea-Brained Comix.

Pooch Café

I always knew these comics would end with a dog secretly taking the place of one of the characters and living his life. I just didn't think it would be the life of a dog.

Ballard Street

"I'm going to say something."

"Oh, don't!"

"It's idiotic."

"They've having fun!"

"They're standing on the drat things! A cymbal can't ring like that, all they're doing is denting some perfectly good zildjians. Are those straps even felt??"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Mandrake spends months to go through 5 minutes of real time and then they come to a major event like him getting married and it's like BAM done. It's not even Friday (or I don't think it is but I don't know what year this is).
Hell, I was expecting "Mandrake --- do you take Narda --- wife?" - "I do." - "Narda --- do you?"
TOMORROW: I do.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

What the gently caress is this weird-rear end obsession with garlic breath? It's eerie.

I'll post mine in a bit. I'm on an Amish internet connection at the moment.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

What the gently caress is this weird-rear end obsession with garlic breath? It's eerie.

Fat fetish replaced with an oral hygiene fetish.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Trent posted:

I thought Honeymoon already had lunarian "horns" and that was why she had those weird front-pigtails, to hide them. Did they just appear, or just get bigger, or was it the exact opposite and she had the pigtails to imitate them?
From memory originally she just had the pigtails to imitate them as part of her character design, then recently she started using them to hide the growth of the horns. So, yes.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

I hope the dad does actually end up getting in better shape, doing the run and enjoying it. It'd be a nice counter to the strips in Funky Winkerbean that are all about how light exercise is a dreadful torture.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Given the expressions on the guys' faces, I wonder if Piraro is trying to sneak a boner joke in there.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't know, it beats most of the comics posted here.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

This speaks to me and I'm snatching it.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Why does anyone work at this lovely store?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Presto posted:

Why does anyone work at this lovely store?

why does anyone work at any lovely store?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Because none of the employees in Retail can do better than the lovely store, even though they keep talking about how they're totally going to start their own any day now.

edit: Also, the one person in the entire comic who bothered to leave the store for a better job got portrayed as a bad guy :lol:.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 1, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Stupid garlic breath aside, those are some p. nice skulls.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Good Listener posted:

Stupid garlic breath aside, those are some p. nice skulls.

I think the cartoonist only does garlic breath jokes so he can draw clouds of hovering green skulls. I mean, wouldn't you?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 2, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (October 16-19, 1952)

And for those of you keeping an eye on The Transition, this next strip is a big one.

SNOOPY'S THOUGHT BALLOONS! AND A THING IN HIS DOGHOUSE! AND DANCING ON HIS HIND LEGS! WE ARE AFFLICTED BY THREE-THINGSISM! WE ARE DOOMED! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

EasyEW posted:

SNOOPY'S THOUGHT BALLOONS! AND A THING IN HIS DOGHOUSE! AND DANCING ON HIS HIND LEGS! WE ARE AFFLICTED BY THREE-THINGSISM! WE ARE DOOMED! :ohdear:

Looks like he's doing Russian squat kicks. Can anyone read Schroeder's music to confirm?

• Locked thread