Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

・An issue wherein bards would be temporarily unable to perform actions under certain conditions.

Thank god, this was annoying as hell just standing there watching your party do all the work while you helplessly push buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It sucks to see so many beneficial bugs getting fixed.

Jahuran
Jul 9, 2001

The JP patch notes also contain that some items are now available from an NPC in the pillars 7,10:

Coerthan Tea Leaves, Dravanian Mistletoe, Abalathian Rock Salt and Abalathian Mistletoe can now be purchased from an NPC at (7,10) in The Pillars.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

・An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would apply its effect to multiple actions used in sequence.

R

I

P

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Jahuran posted:

The JP patch notes also contain that some items are now available from an NPC in the pillars 7,10:

Coerthan Tea Leaves, Dravanian Mistletoe, Abalathian Rock Salt and Abalathian Mistletoe can now be purchased from an NPC at (7,10) in The Pillars.

Is that really true? It's kind of weird that they'd wait less than a week before nerfing one of Bot/Min's biggest money makers.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Is that really true? It's kind of weird that they'd wait less than a week before nerfing one of Bot/Min's biggest money makers.

It was also a huge barrier to entry for 3.0 crafting.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

dreffen posted:

・An issue wherein the dark knight action "Dark Arts" would apply its effect to multiple actions used in sequence.

R

I

P

Now they'll go from doing less dps than a warrior, to doing much less dps than a warrior!!

Hah... hah?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Minrad posted:

Now they'll go from doing less dps than a warrior, to doing much less dps than a warrior!!

Hah... hah?

Its the biggest casualty this patch.

Pour a forty out

dreffen fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 30, 2015

Jahuran
Jul 9, 2001

Niton posted:

Prices are:
Coethan Tea Leaves: 1,485
Dravanian Mistletoe: 1,893
Abalathian Rock Salt: 1,980
Abalathian Mistletoe: 3,370

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

dreffen posted:

Its the biggest casualty this patch.

Pour a forty out

Apparently according to an FC member they hosed up dark knight AOE skills so they only apply the debuff / additional effect to 1 target

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

quote:

This is the patch where fun went to die. :mad:

(Naw but seriously, we're supposed to do what now to keep remotely up with Warriors?... Bueller?...)

I'll also have to see about this AoE thing being hosed up

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

You can no longer get platinum packs from playing against NPCs in the TT Tournament, apparently. Not enough points.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Random thing, but my fat chocobo finally arrived.
And I got to say, it's suitably impressive.

A++ would buy again except it's so fat there's no room for more.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Intoluene posted:

It was also a huge barrier to entry for 3.0 crafting.

That's fair - it'll make levelling all of those classes a lot more reasonable, especially on a light budget.

SpaceDrake posted:

(Naw but seriously, we're supposed to do what now to keep remotely up with Warriors?... Bueller?...)

On this, though, I rather suspect you aren't, but we'll have to wait for the first balance patch to see what that entails.

Relatedly, I hope they address the weirdness of Fairy scaling in 3.0 - thanks to either a bug or change in the way 51-60 fairies calculate their stats, level 60 fairies heal for less as a percentage of your other heals than they did at 50. If you take a level 50 and a level 60 Scholar with equal MND and WD, the level 50's fairy heals for about 25% more :psyduck:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think the fairy stops scaling at 50, since people at 60 report their fairies healing the same as mine does at 50...

Hopefully, that's a bug.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Because of it I've had to choose between manually controlling embrace spam and dropping cleric stance occasionally. That's a choice no scholar should ever have to make.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

"The Dark Arts fix comes with a bug. Dark Passenger / Abyssal Drain apply their enhanced effect only to the first target. So no aoe blind/regen"

:thumbsup:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Niton posted:

On this, though, I rather suspect you aren't, but we'll have to wait for the first balance patch to see what that entails.

Well, I also meant that more as "what is either tank class supposed to do versus Fell Cleave" :v: we will have to see if that sticks around.

quote:

Relatedly, I hope they address the weirdness of Fairy scaling in 3.0 - thanks to either a bug or change in the way 51-60 fairies calculate their stats, level 60 fairies heal for less as a percentage of your other heals than they did at 50. If you take a level 50 and a level 60 Scholar with equal MND and WD, the level 50's fairy heals for about 25% more :psyduck:

I'm 90% sure this is a bug, though, and I'm a little surprised it wasn't fixed in this go-around. While it does seem like they were a little surprised at how long Scholars were spending in Cleric, the way the numbers are lining up right now just seems like an oversight. I can't imagine them intending for a fairy's "naked" healing to get smaller as you go higher in level.

(And besides, if they didn't want SCH doing allthedamage, they wouldn't have given us Broil. :allears:)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

quote:

・An issue wherein the black mage action "Fire" would not trigger the "Fire III" additional effect correctly under certain conditions.

I wonder what those "certain conditions" were. I now feel justified in complaining that the game was loving me when I'd go two full rotations without a single firestarter proc. 40% chance my rear end.

e: Just hit level 58 and (Minor MSQ Spoiler) God dammit Estinien don't you think it's time to clean your armor and take a shower? I bet you smell wonderful right now. Yes I know his armor being stained with blood is supposed to be symbolic and in reference to an earlier statement he makes about revenge but come on man, practice some personal hygiene

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 30, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the abyssal drain thing seems to be an actual bug, at least

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I'm not entirely sure why so many people think the sky is falling with the DRK fix. You're losing 200 potency a minute from DA Dark Passenger (as opposed to regular Dark Passenger) and 140 potency a minute from the Souleater you would've comboed with Carve (assuming those went together, I haven't gotten to 60 yet to see). That's under 6 potency per second lost which isn't enough to cause any real upsets.
We're not losing much defensively either because DA Dark Dance is garbage in the first place and I, at least, never had any luck getting DA Dark Mind to double up with Souleater.

The bugs that got introduced kind of suck, though. DA DP blind was great for big packs of trash.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I just realized I literally only ever die in a dungeon or trial when you're in the party. Like you're not even tank or heal, it's you just being there. Let me know when you need to run the next one after the vault

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Jahuran posted:

Thank god, I can finally use that unspoiled node on something other than stocking up for my LTW.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Whizbang posted:

They shouldn't have fixed these two.

:agreed:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Lmao you can't rapid fire gauss barrel anymore

alright, gently caress mch

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Freaksaus posted:

Thank god, this was annoying as hell just standing there watching your party do all the work while you helplessly push buttons.

Yeah, it's not like you decided to play MCH

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
welp time to level my summoner

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I played halfway through a Vault last night with a MCH I kept losing aggro to, figured everyone was just playing them wrong and this guy was some sort of wizard at it, but then I realized I didn't have Shield Oath on.

Is it a new bug that Shield Oath is taken off ANY time you get level synced?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's always done that

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Someone on reddit got a decent picture of the mystery airship:

Compare that airship to the Lunar Whale from FF4 (picture from The After Years):

It's a bit of a stretch, but (3.0 post-credits spoilers) given that at least one Ascian and the Warrior(s) of Darkness are on the moon, it seems reasonable we could go there in MSQ or even as part of the 3.x 24-man raid.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Robo Reagan posted:

It's always done that

Yeah.

I think it's just more noticable because more of roulette is sync'd.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Given how many little things are phase in or out during the MSQ, I wonder if the airship appears after a certain quest. It doesn't look like anything it was built by Ancient Allagans, or anyone else that we know of.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

pksage posted:

It's a bit of a stretch, but (3.0 post-credits spoilers) given that at least one Ascian and the Warrior(s) of Darkness are on the moon, it seems reasonable we could go there in MSQ or even as part of the 3.x 24-man raid.

I think it's a given considering the role it played in IV (and to a lesser degree VIII).

Also I love how they're just chilling on the moon, not inside a building or anything. Just hanging around on the cratery surface in the middle of nowhere having a nice chat.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

BERGfu posted:

I just realized I literally only ever die in a dungeon or trial when you're in the party. Like you're not even tank or heal, it's you just being there. Let me know when you need to run the next one after the vault

To be fair, you deserve it.

Remind me to chuck apocatastasis your way a few times so I can make believe I'm trying to protect you.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Bards (and probably MCH) are confirmed to be getting buffs anyway. Everyone else is gonna have to wait until Alex for the team to get data.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Minrad posted:

You can no longer get platinum packs from playing against NPCs in the TT Tournament, apparently. Not enough points.

Literally what is the point of the TT tournament now. They nerfed it for the people who only play NPCs get jack poo poo while the same people who win every time are still winning.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I did my lvl50 job quest and got two chest pieces as part of the reward. And one is straight up better than the other. What's up with that?

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

SirPhoebos posted:

I did my lvl50 job quest and got two chest pieces as part of the reward. And one is straight up better than the other. What's up with that?

When the expansion came out, the ilvl 90 version of those items were added to the quests to speed new players on their way. The level 45 quest that hands out the rest of the armor is the same way now.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Varam posted:

When the expansion came out, the ilvl 90 version of those items were added to the quests to speed new players on their way. The level 45 quest that hands out the rest of the armor is the same way now.

So is there any way I could go back for the 45 items or am I SOL? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Doomsayers are here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/243748-Disappointing-sales.-The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-outsells-Heavensward.

• Locked thread