Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

You guys are way off the mark here. If we're measuring by volume of cars on the road:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stardotstar
Jun 2, 2012

Maybe my perception is skewed, but I swear I see more of these in purple than just about anything:

Technoviolet: not just a color, it's a lifestyle :nyan:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When I think purple car, I think of the TVR Tsucan with that absurd metallic/opalescent paintjob you could get with it.

But going through an image search not many of them are actually purple so maybe I'm crazy.

But that one is definitely purple.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Stardotstar posted:

Maybe my perception is skewed, but I swear I see more of these in purple than just about anything:

Technoviolet: not just a color, it's a lifestyle :nyan:

I will own a technoviolet E36 M3 or E90 M3.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
I still see one of these now-and-again:

Ford Ranger :barf: "Splash"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Sinestro posted:

Any classic Mopar in Plum Crazy. :colbert:

Ah, yes, the famous Statutory Grape.

TVRs are always good in :catdrugs: colours:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

xzzy posted:

But going through an image search not many of them are actually purple so maybe I'm crazy.

Purple was the only color available for the Speed 6 and Speed 12 in Gran Turismo 2 :eng101: (probably because the PS1 couldn't render the chameleon paint effect). They will forever be purple in my imagination

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The "reflex" purple that xzzy and I posted cars in is common on later TVRs, but they did a "normal" purple as well:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I miss TVR :(

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I don't

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Everybody loves magical Trevor
Because the tricks that he does are OH HOLY gently caress HEDGE HEDGE HEDGE :supaburn:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

InitialDave posted:

Because the tricks that he does are OH HOLY gently caress HEDGE HEDGE HEDGE :supaburn:
Straight to the obituaries

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

InitialDave posted:

Oh gently caress you, that's going to be in my head for a week now.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

88h88 posted:

I miss TVR :(

TVR rebooting.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sorry but I don't believe you. That car doesn't look like it was designed by a madman or attacked with an axe (by the same madman), it can't be a TVR.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's just the times man. It's all safety this and Nurburgring lap times that, no one can make a poster worthy car anymore.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I misread that URL as "TVR Family car" and wondered if the interior was made out of material that can have spew washed off it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Tremek posted:

You guys are way off the mark here. If we're measuring by volume of cars on the road:

This picture stands out to me as probably the best a PT Cruiser has ever looked

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's because it's underexposed and are thus spared the fully glory of its horribleness.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Dislike button posted:

This picture stands out to me as probably the best a PT Cruiser has ever looked

Those wheels are great.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

angryhampster posted:

Those wheels are great.

Yeah cause the factory ones couldn't hold air.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Guys, I convinced my 60 year old mother to buy a 2000 Subaru 2.5 RS with everything done to it that it needed to have done.

She loves it.

Most AI mother ever.

E: "Getting about 27 MPG, and the kid working at Arby's drive through said "I really like your car."

Driving it cross town for her to drop off her rental, I would get in all the trouble in this car.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 30, 2015

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Purple R33 GTR was the cat which made me fall in love with Japanese cars, and purple cars.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

Dannywilson posted:

Guys, I convinced my 60 year old mother to buy a 2000 Subaru 2.5 RS with everything done to it that it needed to have done.

Dropped? :snoop:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Head gaskets, rod bearings, wheel bearings, CV shafts, driveshaft, brakes, and a wiper linkage, at least if it was like my 2000 :v:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Not pictured: black marks from track clag everywhere because I'm too lazy to clean the car.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Das Volk posted:

Not pictured: black marks from track clag everywhere because I'm too lazy to clean the car.

I didn't realize they made white and gold Vipers.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

ehnus posted:

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

ehnus posted:

Das Volk posted:

That car is clearly blue??

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

ehnus posted:

Killstick posted:

That car is clearly blue??

:vince:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

need more purple

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Check out this sweet purple NSX

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It may be associated with horrible weeaboos but I'll be damned if the Gundam series hasn't had some of the very finest industrial design.

Argila
Oct 23, 2008
Here is a purple

http://imgur.com/a/kUZou

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

kastein posted:

Head gaskets, rod bearings, wheel bearings, CV shafts, driveshaft, brakes, and a wiper linkage, at least if it was like my 2000 :v:

Head gaskets done before they could go nuclear, heads machined, rod bearings didn't need done because heads got taken care of before they could get washed, cv's are sound, driveshaft is sound. IDK about the wiper linkage though lol. Stock ride height. Is gonna need new shocks in about 500-1k though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
More purple things

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I still can't believe Ford did this:

Also, there are no good pictures of Mystic or Mystichrome Cobras on the internet. I'm assuming that at this point, they're all owned by rednecks with five teeth and no idea how to use a digital camera.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

MrYenko posted:

I still can't believe Ford did this:

Also, there are no good pictures of Mystic or Mystichrome Cobras on the internet. I'm assuming that at this point, they're all owned by rednecks with five teeth and no idea how to use a digital camera.

I have this nagging doubt that Chameleon was ever a factory colour option for a Mustang. Was it? Because that looks a lot like DuPont Chameleon to me and afaik it is still stupid expensive.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

sofullofhate posted:

I have this nagging doubt that Chameleon was ever a factory colour option for a Mustang. Was it? Because that looks a lot like DuPont Chameleon to me and afaik it is still stupid expensive.

Yes, and it was available on those loving ugly 90's thunderbirds too. i prefer to call them hypercolor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Theres a local guy with a paintjob like that, but I know his car didn't come originally like that. He did it himself since he works at a paint shop. Looks good, except for the bodykit.