Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Nevermind that half the country has had unusual weather and flooding for a couple years now thanks to global climates shifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

Nevermind that half the country has had unusual weather and flooding for a couple years now thanks to global climates shifting.

Watch, now the rhetoric becomes climate change is a thing but the only way to solve it is to kill all the gays

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

"I remember the last time there was a record-breaking flood: before records existed."

Wonder who's going to blame gay marriage when Florida finally ends up underwater.

e:fb

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

"I remember the last time there was a record-breaking flood: before records existed."

Also it never happened.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

big mean giraffe posted:

Also it never happened.

How do you know? Were you there? :smug:

I've seen this argument used for everything from the flood to dinosaurs and people existing at the same time.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Wouldn't predicting another flood despite God's promise to never do that again given form in rainbows, isn't this post a little tremendously heretical? Like, to the extent of saying "God is a liar and I'm here to tell you his will"?

You would be correct

quote:

9 I am going to make a solemn promise to you and to everyone who will live after you. 10 This includes the birds and the animals that came out of the boat. 11 I promise every living creature that the earth and those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood.

12-13 The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever.
14 When I send clouds over the earth, and a rainbow appears in the sky, 15 I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures. Never again will I let floodwaters destroy all life. 16 When I see the rainbow in the sky, I will always remember the promise that I have made to every living creature. 17 The rainbow will be the sign of that solemn promise.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Surely the last record-breaking flood would be the one that set the current record, and by definition be smaller than the latest one?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

big mean giraffe posted:

Hasn't Texas been underwater for about a month? What are their sins, I wonder?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Radish posted:

God must have known this was SCOTUS was ruling coming since I've been getting flood alerts in D.C for weeks.

The God of that time was not omnipresent or omniscient.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Wonder who's going to blame gay marriage when Florida finally ends up underwater.

e:fb

People will blame gay marriage for that, but only in the sense that they're thankful for it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Gravel Gravy posted:

Lesbian mayor?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Sir Tonk posted:

Lesbian mayor?
But she's been Mayor for since 2010?

God must work slow.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

But she's been Mayor for since 2010?

God must work slow.

Look, he may come into your life and tell you how to live it, but he doesn't come down to your place of work and tell you how to do your job.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
And when this flood doesn't destroy DC no one will remember Todd Starnes posting about it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes 16h16 hours ago
Nearly half of NYC students don’t speak English at home. http://nydn.us/1GLBndj Anybody see a problem with that?

OUCH....I cannot hear anything over that dog whistle.

(I wonder what the statistics were like during past years in our country? I heard the US even had German language newspapers)

toddstarnes ‏@toddstarnes Jun 27
I always chuckle at Northern elites trying to figure out the South. They can’t even figure out how to make sweet tea.

YOU HEAR THAT ARIZONA, SNAPPLE? YOUR NEW YORK-BASED AND FOUNDED COMPANIES SHOULD JUST GIVE UP.

e: Are we all "Northern Elites", guys? Even people from the south?

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone not from inner South Carolina is a drat yankee. :freep:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Everyone knows how to make southern style sweet tea. They don't though because it's poo poo.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

"Everything needs a ton of sugar or else it is gross." -Fat overgrown baby, Todd Starnes

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

weekly font posted:

"Everything needs a ton of sugar or else it is gross." -Fat overgrown baby, Todd Starnes

Dipstick.jpg

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

According to Scalia, California doesn't count as the west despite being being the majority of the contiguous 48's western coast. So probably.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the-united-states-of-america-from-best-to-worst

this is real good and im glad everyone on my facebook is reposting this exhaustive and scientific analysis

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sweet tea is what happens when you teach chemistry. SUPER SATURATED LIQUIDS WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS!!

Defund all science education immediately.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the-united-states-of-america-from-best-to-worst

this is real good and im glad everyone on my facebook is reposting this exhaustive and scientific analysis

I agree with everything on it and I live in the city that got AR to 19th place. We do have some real good BBQ.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I agree with everything on it and I live in the city that got AR to 19th place. We do have some real good BBQ.

i thought this was chat thread lol, oh well

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I 100% support this list.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

quote:

39. South Carolina
Umm... pass?

It's air tight.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

OldTennisCourt posted:

How do you know? Were you there? :smug:

I've seen this argument used for everything from the flood to dinosaurs and people existing at the same time.

The right wing in general just loves the "You can't prove I'm wrong so I guess I'm right!" argument. I guess it fits with how conservatism can only be failed, never fail.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lmao at Louisiana and Wisconsin being top 5.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Does anyone have a link to the mark levin episode after Obama got re elected? I can't seem to find it now.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Indiana is way too high for a Florida tier state.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Does anyone have a link to the mark levin episode after Obama got re elected? I can't seem to find it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLUdGCyG-Pw

If you google "Mark Levin Master Shake" it's the first result.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Holy poo poo he is Master Shake.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Wow, surprised Alaska hit 16. Usually we're pretty low on lists.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

weekly font posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLUdGCyG-Pw

If you google "Mark Levin Master Shake" it's the first result.

Goddamn it matches up well:

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...=18&authorName=

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I got rid of my teeth at a young age. Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and dental industry trying to scare us all into buying useless pastes and appliances.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Oklahoma Supreme Court ordered the Ten Commandments monument removed from State Capitol grounds. Get ready for more whining.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I'm honestly surprised there isn't an open movement on the right in this country to alter the 1st Amendment (with a new amendment I suppose) that removes the freedom of religion clause and tears down the separation of church and state. I don't remember the exact number, but a significant number of Americans want Christianity as the official state religion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Master Twig posted:

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an open movement on the right in this country to alter the 1st Amendment (with a new amendment I suppose) that removes the freedom of religion clause and tears down the separation of church and state. I don't remember the exact number, but a significant number of Americans want Christianity as the official state religion.

I think most Americans still hold a lot of reverence for the First Amendment, given that it's a pretty integral part of American culture and national identity. If the right tried to remove it, they would lose and I think they know it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

Continued failure to stop America's rapid descent into sexual depravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

site posted:

Wow, surprised Alaska hit 16. Usually we're pretty low on lists.

You're number one on per capita gun ownership. Lots of wolves I guess.