Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I am amazingly not okay with this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Heat it up and it's super creamy tomato soup!

e: In the microwave of course.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Plinkey posted:

Heat it up and it's super creamy tomato soup!

e: In the microwave of course.

Ughhhhhh

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

That reminds me: When I was seven, I bought those little mini jugs of milk from Safeway in chocolate and banana and drank them both in about ten minutes and had to lie down for about three hours

:allears: I miss being an idiot child

Were you raised by raccoons?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Pomp posted:

One would assume, as cash crab is a raccoon after all.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Would.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pomp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpoLYJ3HjBg

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This reminds me of something I did as a kid, I may have posted it before but I'll post again. I really liked Kraft Dinner (Mac & Cheese) with ketchup :canada:

So I thought all ketchup and cheese mixes would taste just as good.

I took two slices of bread, slathered them in ketchup, then put a cheese slice in between.

It was not good.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I wish so badly I had taken a picture of it, but once the cafeteria at the hospital I work at made something they called "Kenya stew." It was a bland, watery version of that African chicken and peanut stew topped with:

sliced raw red bell pepper
crushed salted peanuts
chopped hard-boiled egg
dried coconut (sweetened, of course)
about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro, just left on the stem and not cut at all
frozen chopped peaches—as in, not thawed

It's the most hilariously incomprehensible food I've ever seen intentionally made. African food as interpreted by thrifty white space aliens.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 07:02 on Jun 30, 2015

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

EorayMel posted:

Here's on for the :confused: books

...pimento cheese bread dough? :confoot:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rollersnake posted:

I wish so badly I had taken a picture of it, but once the cafeteria at the hospital I work at made something they called "Kenya stew." It was a bland, watery version of that African chicken and peanut stew topped with:

sliced raw red bell pepper
crushed salted peanuts
chopped hard-boiled egg
dried coconut (sweetened, of course)
about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro, just left on the stem and not cut at all
frozen chopped peaches—as in, not thawed

It's the most hilariously incomprehensible food I've ever seen intentionally made. African food as interpreted by thrifty white space aliens.

Peaches? I mean the rest kind of might work, maybe, but peaches?

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008

This is the first time in YEARS that my stomach actually heaved due to something from the internet. Huuurrrkkk.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

when i'm hungry and know it's psychologically-induced and eating will just make me fat, i look at this post and it helps. thank you fellow forum user Uhn

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

cash crab posted:

This upsets me a lot

Same. It makes me ill.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
It's given me the vapors thrice already

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Man, all of you should at least bother trying ketchup milk before knocking it like that. Who knows, maybe it's good?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Man, all of you should at least bother trying ketchup milk before knocking it like that. Who knows, maybe it's good?

Trip report: it was not good

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
Thanks for taking that entirely unnecessary bullet for us.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Wanamingo posted:

Trip report: it was not good

What kind of ketchup did you use? Maybe it wasn't expensive enough.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

cash crab posted:

Wait, why the gently caress does the prairies get Ontario themed items and Ontario doesn't? Also: drat IT. Oh, well. If you don't do the Baconator by Friday I will.

That was the first week of June they had the Cottage Country Chicken or whatever the hell it was. Or perhaps you didn't get it for the same reasons that you can't get Irish Stew if you visit Ireland.

Have at it on the Baconator fries. I am not at all inclined to try cutting edge foods that involve fries after the debacle that was the poutine pizza from a couple years ago.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
You can get the McLobster every summer in the Maritimes; does the rest of the country not get it? I was sure I'd seen it advertised in Ottawa.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

What kind of ketchup did you use? Maybe it wasn't expensive enough.

it was probably american ketchup instead of the catsup of west cambodia harvested from the blood of river fishes and fetuses

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

God is dead and we put ketchup on his corpse.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dijon ketchup

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Antifreeze Head posted:

That was the first week of June they had the Cottage Country Chicken or whatever the hell it was. Or perhaps you didn't get it for the same reasons that you can't get Irish Stew if you visit Ireland.

Have at it on the Baconator fries. I am not at all inclined to try cutting edge foods that involve fries after the debacle that was the poutine pizza from a couple years ago.

Cheese fries with bacon is a pretty drat hard concept to gently caress up at least

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Dogfish posted:

You can get the McLobster every summer in the Maritimes; does the rest of the country not get it? I was sure I'd seen it advertised in Ottawa.

I don't remember seeing it during the year I lived in Ottawa. I can confirm that it has never made it as far west as the prairies before this year.

The List of McDonald's Products page on Wikipedia contains some interesting things:

quote:

McSpaghetti – was launched in the Late 1970s as a part of McD's dinner menu which included a number of Italian dishes. The dish is still available international where in Philippines it is still popular and is generally served with McNuggets

quote:

Bacon Bacon McBacon – A burger featuring 5 slices of bacon served with BBQ sauce, cheese on a bun dipped in pork dripping. Released for a limited run in Australia during the early 1990s.

quote:

Catfish Sandwich – A sandwich made with a catfish patty, lettuce, and tangy sauce and sold on a McRib-style bun. Sold at McDonald's locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi for a brief period in March 1991.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

I don't remember seeing it during the year I lived in Ottawa. I can confirm that it has never made it as far west as the prairies before this year.

The List of McDonald's Products page on Wikipedia contains some interesting things:

Looking at this has just made me found out that the rest of the world apparently doesn't get the Sweet Curry dipping sauce for their fries? That's like the best sauce and pretty much the only reason to go MacDonalds over Burger King??

Poor Bastards.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Milk, salt, tomato, and garlic mixed together? Good heavens! :barf:

*goes back to eating pizza*

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's probably a Japanese thing. They make Mayo milkshakes and Mayo fondue, ketchup and milk seems par for the course.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Ketchup has vinegar in it, so that's not going to help. At least you'll get some little chunks for texture.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Antifreeze Head posted:

McSpaghetti – was launched in the Late 1970s as a part of McD's dinner menu which included a number of Italian dishes. The dish is still available international where in Philippines it is still popular and is generally served with McNuggets

This made me laugh for some reason

anyway:

hahahahaha

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
McD has a pretty robust history of people not understand their core brand and attempting to do something completely stupid and unnecessary. For example

- McArch: A burger where every single ad was kids showing disgust over the burger and it's "adult taste"
- Pizza: Something that took 10-15 minutes to make in a place where people expected their food in a minute or less
- McDLT: Not a bad idea per se, but usually any fast food that requires the consumer to finish assembling it isn't a massive success
- Spagetti: No one wants dirt cheap overcooked pasta (unless its $20 a plate at Olive garden)
- Angus burgers: No one wants to pay $7-8 for a McD's burger, no matter how superior the beef is.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Roro posted:

Nobody loving cares if you'd eat it, you loving masochists. It looks like poo poo anyways.

Nobody cares if you find it appealing (visually or otherwise) either. Also good job on considering two completely different things to be the same!

More gross looking food!

Top and bottom probably taste very good, but they look foul so here we are.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

pentyne posted:

McD has a pretty robust history of people not understand their core brand and attempting to do something completely stupid and unnecessary. For example

- McArch: A burger where every single ad was kids showing disgust over the burger and it's "adult taste"
- Pizza: Something that took 10-15 minutes to make in a place where people expected their food in a minute or less
- McDLT: Not a bad idea per se, but usually any fast food that requires the consumer to finish assembling it isn't a massive success
- Spagetti: No one wants dirt cheap overcooked pasta (unless its $20 a plate at Olive garden)
- Angus burgers: No one wants to pay $7-8 for a McD's burger, no matter how superior the beef is.

What the gently caress is a DLT

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

cash crab posted:

What the gently caress is a DLT

Google informs me it's a McDonalds Lettuce and Tomato. The meat and bottom bun were separate from the salad and top bun?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Roro posted:

Google informs me it's a McDonalds Lettuce and Tomato. The meat and bottom bun were separate from the salad and top bun?

The hot side stays hot!
The cool side stays cool!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Roro posted:

Yeah. I'm old and ate a few of these. They were pretty good, I guess, but then again, I was a kid at the time and had dumb kid tastebuds. And as pentyne pointed out, the "assemble the rest of it yourself" thing doesn't really fly. Imagine trying to eat one of these in traffic:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Hirayuki posted:

Yeah. I'm old and ate a few of these. They were pretty good, I guess, but then again, I was a kid at the time and had dumb kid tastebuds. And as pentyne pointed out, the "assemble the rest of it yourself" thing doesn't really fly. Imagine trying to eat one of these in traffic:

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE gently caress

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
McDonalds has had some less than spectacular food ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

cash crab posted:

HAHAHAHA WHAT THE gently caress

The hot side stayed hot and the cold side stayed cold motherfucker

It came in an insulating styrofoam container and it had a lid bitch

then you took off the lid and folded the clamshell closed and it was assembled and delicious

• Locked thread