Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 24 man raid is ...
More importantly, a FF6 raid dungeon means we might get FF6 character outfits as class gear from one of the dungeons. :dance:

I would have to level so many more jobs, and farm so many sets. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm just waiting for the FFX class sets. Well, specifically the Yuna set for summoners.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm just waiting for the FFX class sets. Well, specifically the Yuna set for summoners.

Sir Auron pls

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

The first time I did it I was tanking both adds. I got loving annihilated of course. The second time, I tanked both, put up Living Dead, and smugfaced for the rest of the night :v:

I was wondering why the other tank from my static wanted me to main tank when I first ran it. Somehow I survived thanks to massive amounts of heal spam and a ton of cooldowns. Plus Warriors have a beefy amount of HP in Defiance stance with Thrill of Battle on.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

kirbysuperstar posted:

What the gently caress changes to BLM do these idiots want? The only thing I can think of is what to do with Thunder after the pull, everything else is really good and cool.

Little late here but I main BLM and cleared final coil on the job. I'm not a top tier player or anything though.

What I'd really like is if Fire 4/Ice 4 didn't cancel if enochian faded while you are mid-cast. Refreshing Astral Fire/Umbral Ice don't work like that (if you start the cast while its up, it'll refresh), and all id really like to see there is some internal mechanics consistency.

I'd give some of these people a break though, they were probably playing BLM for a reason and much like bards bitching about becoming casters, not everyone is going to appreciate a shitload of complexity being layered onto their job.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm excited that I got bliz4 because it's pretty.

I'm excited for getting Fire4 because it's also pretty.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, I love how B4/F4 are super-flashy spammable spells (F1 is anemic, Flare is gorgeous but you can't really use it often in single-target). I don't mind the extra complexity, the problem is that staying in Enochian is difficult if you're doing anything but turreting, and seeing it run out when you're .2 seconds away from casting B4 and getting a big ol' INTERRUPTED is just the worst feeling.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

vOv posted:

seeing it run out when you're .2 seconds away from casting B4 and getting a big ol' INTERRUPTED is just the worst feeling.

If you see you have less than 3 seconds left on ecochain, why are you bothering casting and not using swiftcast? The time limit is so easy to get around.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

vOv posted:

Yeah, I love how B4/F4 are super-flashy spammable spells (F1 is anemic, Flare is gorgeous but you can't really use it often in single-target). I don't mind the extra complexity, the problem is that staying in Enochian is difficult if you're doing anything but turreting, and seeing it run out when you're .2 seconds away from casting B4 and getting a big ol' INTERRUPTED is just the worst feeling.

I'm not 60 yet so I haven't done the full rotation (in fact, I just hit 58 last night, bliz4'ed a dummy a few times then went to bed), so I'm just guessing here, but would it be any better if recasting Enocian reset your timer to the full 30 seconds instead of just acting like a refresh? I would think it simplifies things since it's back up after your 2nd refresh. You can just recast it and continue instead of trying to fenagle and timing with Enocian dropping off and reapplying.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Renegret posted:

I'm excited that I got bliz4 because it's pretty.

I'm excited for getting Fire4 because it's also pretty.

I think you're finally understanding that true endgame is looking fabulous :sparkles:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yoshi-P's on it, guys.

Yoshi-P posted:

Hello, everyone,
FFXIV producer/director Yoshida here.
Thank you for all the feedback you've been posting regarding bard.

I'd like to take a moment to discuss how the development team recognizes the current situation and our plans for adjustment.

The Wanderer's Minuet
In regards to the Wanderer's Minuet, the ability that you learn from the level 52 job quest, we are aware of the following points of feedback:
Until reaching level 60, using Wanderer's Minuet will result in less damage being dealt in comparison to when you are not using it.
It's difficult to feel the benefits of Wanderer's Minuet versus the risk of not being able to move while attacking, which was a perk of playing as a bard.
It's difficult to use Wanderer's Minuet because the casting time required for activating it is too long.
As a result of the initial bad impression given by the first problem, and the length of time required to cast it, I think that it's still difficult to feel the benefits of this ability even when you hit level 60.

The team is currently working on fixes to resolve these problems.

In addition to making adjustments so that the effect of this ability is fitting right after you learn it, we will be making it easier to switch into and out of Wanderer's Minuet and eliminating the current aspects that make it difficult to use. At the same time we will be paying close attention to the balance of each skill so the damage output at level 60 does not largely increase.

The Warden's Paean
We've been receiving feedback that the utility and value of using the Warden's Paean seems low, and the development team is aware of this. We are currently looking into adjustments.

Regarding the bug wherein actions cannot be used temporarily
I apologize for the inconveniences caused by this bug. We addressed this in today's hotfix. I apologize for the time it took to properly address.

There has only been a small amount of time since you all have reached level 60 (this goes for all jobs; not just bard), and the new raid will be opening shortly, so I'm sure you will continue to explore your jobs with trial and error.

The development team is constantly keeping a watch on job balance, and we will be reading over all of the feedback we receive after the raid has opened and making adjustments as necessary.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

seiferguy posted:

I think you're finally understanding that true endgame is looking fabulous :sparkles:

I understood that the moment I fantasiaed to Reogadyn and equiped the coliseum gear.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 24 man raid is almost guaranteed to be FF6 related. The Goddess Statues are sitting right on top of the entrance to ARF as well[ and the tower they're surrounding looks like it's actually a containment structure, complete with Definitely Not Kefka's wings sticking out in one spot.

More importantly, a FF6 raid dungeon means we might get FF6 character outfits as class gear from one of the dungeons. :dance:

As long as we get Guile hair and a tank top for the monk.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Has there been any word on a post 2.0 and 3.0 soundtrack release? I have the first two, but that's still a ton of missing content.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Has there been any word on a post 2.0 and 3.0 soundtrack release? I have the first two, but that's still a ton of missing content.

Post-2.0's soundtrack is coming out later this year

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of music I've been listening to Ravana's theme on repeat for the past two days. There's no way Soken's not going to win some kind of award for working on this game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 24 man raid is almost guaranteed to be FF6 related. The Goddess Statues are sitting right on top of the entrance to ARF as well[ and the tower they're surrounding looks like it's actually a containment structure, complete with Definitely Not Kefka's wings sticking out in one spot.

This news is more than enough to entice me to persevere through the MSQ silliness.

quote:

I'd love to see their metrics for how many new players get to the Leviathan quests and just say "gently caress it" and quit because that's easily the worst 2.0-2.55 stretch because it brings back memories of the god awful Tidus never-ending quest chain.

The very fact that we got ARR in the first place tells me that SE is receptive to feedback, and if this is really a bottleneck it'll be patched pretty quickly (although most likely after I push through it :negative: )

EDIT: Speaking of FF6, how do I get the magitek armor mount?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 30, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SirPhoebos posted:

It's the reward for beating the main story quest, before you get into the postgame content at 50.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
The Magitek Armor mount is a reward during the last leg of the Launch 2.0 main story questline.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

So, post MSQ spoilers/speculation

My static hit on an interesting point while talking about Fractal Continuum tonight.

The Iksalion creatures look rather a lot like Ixal but with wings. The Ixal per their beast tribe quests believe they come from a mythical floating continent so high up that conventional airships can't reach it. Azys Lla only descended from what was presumably low orbit due to the signal sent by the key. They also believe that in those days they still had wings.

The Ixal may well be, in fact, descendants of Iksalion that escaped the Azys Lla facilities during the fall of Allag.

It's very likely, they're basically genetically engineered crafters:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Adding on to this, you get an item after beating the ARR 2.0 final dungeon. Magitek Identification Key or something like that. Use it and it'll add the Magitek Armor mount to your mount list. All extra mounts works like this (get item, use item, get sweet new ride).

You can get a gold one for getting 500 player commendations and talking to the achievement guy Master of Rolls in Old Gridania at the waterfall.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jia posted:

Monk is actually the most fun class by far, gently caress the people who just want to stand still and hit three buttons

Agreed. If you mouse move (not just mouse turn, but hold both L/R buttons to move), it becomes stupid easy and fun.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

GreatRedSpirit posted:

Adding on to this, you get an item after beating the ARR 2.0 final dungeon. Magitek Identification Key or something like that. Use it and it'll add the Magitek Armor mount to your mount list. All extra mounts works like this (get item, use item, get sweet new ride).

You can get a gold one for getting 500 player commendations and talking to the achievement guy Master of Rolls in Old Gridania at the waterfall.

Awesome, I was afraid I had to do some serious poop-socking like trying to farm for Ashes of Al'ar or something.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SirPhoebos posted:

Awesome, I was afraid I had to do some serious poop-socking like trying to farm for Ashes of Al'ar or something.

The mounts you have to farm for are the fancy elemental ponies (although their drop rates have been significantly increased lately). And, in the new content, the adorable flying kitten and baby red panda minions.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Begemot posted:

The mounts you have to farm for are the fancy elemental ponies (although their drop rates have been significantly increased lately). And, in the new content, the adorable flying kitten and baby red panda minions.

There's also the PVP mounts. And technically you have to farm for the tortoise and Fenrir mounts too, unless you win the jumbo jackpot.

drat, now I want Gamera mode for my tortoise so I can fly it around in HW zones.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's the best tribe mounts which is grinding for reputation doing low lv40 content for... up to a month? I forget what the current numbers are. The Magitek Armor mount is the best ARR mount anyways, and you can make it shoot explosions!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

I am going to laugh so goddamn hard when the AST weapon is a Blitzball.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

GreatRedSpirit posted:

There's the best tribe mounts which is grinding for reputation doing low lv40 content for... up to a month? I forget what the current numbers are. The Magitek Armor mount is the best ARR mount anyways, and you can make it shoot explosions!

Mordiceius posted:

So if my math is correct, if you are starting at zero rep with the four combat beast tribes (Kobold, Sahagin, Sylph, and Amal'ja), it will take you 45 days to max them out if you do all 12 quests per day.

10 days for the first rank (doing the only three quests you have, 5 rep each)
18 days for the second rank (only doing second tier quests, 7 rep each)
17 days for the third rank (only doing third tier quest, 10 rep each)

That doesn't seem too bad. Before you were looking at 100 days overall. (20 days on first tier (working two tribes at a time), 40 days on second tier (ten days per tribe), 40 days on third tier (10 days per tribe)).

It's 45 days to max all four combat beast tribes from 0. If you're only wanting to max ONE beast tribe, you'll be looking at 28 days. 10 days for the first rank, 10 days for the second rank, 8 days for the third rank. Since you can do 12 quests a day now, it's far more effective to just do all four at once (if you have the stomach for 12 beast tribe quests a day).

I've been working on leveling them myself since before HW launch, I only maxed Ixal and to do all 12 quests takes probably about 45 minutes.

I've found that Amalj'aa quests are the fastest to complete, then Kobold, then Sahagin, then Sylphs are the slowest.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i went through years of old emails cleaning them out and found some old FFXIV newsletters.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 1.20 Arrives - Moogles, Achievements and More!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPVbrnIDiI

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Finally! I hit 45 and did my scholar quest to get all new scholarly clothes (minus the gown since that's in 5 more levels.)

Unfortunately it makes me look really dorky, but at least it doesn't look too bad. Plus it totally beats being plain looking.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Unironically this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Once again, it will prove that AST is the best class. :colbert:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Mordiceius posted:

Once again, it will prove that AST is the best class. :colbert:

Space is the place, which is why AST is the class...t.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'll be disappointed if this isn't the case.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

I'll be disappointed if this isn't the case.

Nah. PGL/MNK, because if I recall Wakka's attacks were all kicks and punches to the ball. Pugilist/Monk is just a soccer ball away from that.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Ok so I tried to add those goons on Midgardsormr but it says they don't exist. Anyone want to try to add me? Ruggieri Chzecksky

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

Nah. PGL/MNK, because if I recall Wakka's attacks were all kicks and punches to the ball. Pugilist/Monk is just a soccer ball away from that.

pugilist would obviously get godhand because that's a fist weapon

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The FFX crossover event should just give PLD the little sword flip that Tidus does at the end of every battle.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chairman, can you add http://guide-source.com/ffxiv to the OP? I was looking through the other database sites and none of them really provide any info on how to tackle dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the ffx event should give us /hahaha

• Locked thread