Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

If you check the answering machine in Bruce's office there's a message from her inviting him to her wedding :3:

Wasn't that the Kate Kane or something? I think she said something about her marriage to another woman, and Kate is the only gay Batgirl. (And I think she calls herself Batwoman? And is technically dissociated with Bruce or something? It's been a while, I may be mixing characters together at this point.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grapplejack posted:

If you check the answering machine in Bruce's office there's a message from her inviting him to her wedding :3:

No, that's Batwoman.

Also Cassandra isn't capable of talking like a normal person so.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Free skin is being emailed to any PS4 owners that attended their E3 show

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Does anyone else think Nightwing looks stupid with the headsock thing as opposed to the domino mask?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chasiubao posted:

Does anyone else think Nightwing looks stupid with the headsock thing as opposed to the domino mask?

yeah it does.

wut?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
check the date yo

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CharlestonJew posted:

check the date yo

interesting.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

So the joke was that it wasn't a joke? I'm not sure that's how April Fool's works.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Chasiubao posted:

Yes. It's way too complicated.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

I feel like you may wanna spoiler the first part of your post. Not that I give too much of a poo poo about spoilers.

You're right though, 95% of the people playing this game don't read the comics, and a huge portion of them only have a cursory remembrance of the movies/TV series. The fact they went with the knight being Jason Todd is actually kinda cool. It is a good nod to people who know anything about the Universe, but obscure enough that most of hte players would be surprised. It's also a neat way to "re-introduce" a villain who I totally forgot was even in the cartoon

The Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, the second Robin who was killed by the Joker.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The Arkham Knight was annoying the piss out of me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I stand corrected on Robin. Based on 2 ingame city stories, it sounds like Todd happened while the Asylum was completely abandoned, which means it was between origins and Asylum.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Game would have been better if you had cut, like, 40-60% of his dialogue, especially since most of it is the same drat thing worded slightly differently.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

No, that's Batwoman.

Also Cassandra isn't capable of talking like a normal person so.

gently caress I got them confused :negative:

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

Reference to UK coming of age comedy, or coincidence?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Flytrap posted:

Game would have been better if you had cut, like, 40-60% of his dialogue, especially since most of it is the same drat thing worded slightly differently.

I'm only 50 percent through the story but already I'm like "shut the gently caress up already."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Joker or Arkham Knight?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have a feeling that might have been intentional, really. Maybe it's giving the writers too much credit but the whole point of his character seems to be a relentless "gently caress you DAD" type of thing, just dressed up with military hardware and a relatively professional army.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Someone make a mod that puts a silhouette of Joker sitting in a movie theater at the bottom of the screen whenever he starts talking.

poptart_fairy posted:

I have a feeling that might have been intentional, really. Maybe it's giving the writers too much credit but the whole point of his character seems to be a relentless "gently caress you DAD" type of thing, just dressed up with military hardware and a relatively professional army.

Relentless "gently caress YOU DAD" type of thing is basically Jason's entire character so it makes sense.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

I stand corrected on Robin. Based on 2 ingame city stories, it sounds like Todd happened while the Asylum was completely abandoned, which means it was between origins and Asylum.

Well then no wonder he was a stand-offish dick that didn't want to rely on anyone. He just lost someone to the Joker and probably wasn't too keen on losing anyone else so gotta be as aloof and hostile as possible? So he manages to train Dick before Origins?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Funky Valentine posted:

Relentless "gently caress YOU DAD" type of thing is basically Jason's entire character so it makes sense.

Seriously. The guy shrieks NO melodramatically whenever you take out a drone, is practically slapping the heads of his minions when they contradict him and throws a big song and a dance whenever he so much as looks at an advantage he might have.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Crabtree posted:

Well then no wonder he was a stand-offish dick that didn't want to rely on anyone. He just lost someone to the Joker and probably wasn't too keen on losing anyone else so gotta be as aloof and hostile as possible? So he manages to train Dick before Origins?

I think there's like a 10+ year gap between Origins and Asylum so he probably adopted Dick in that timeframe

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently Zsasz cameos in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCyyCbGn-Uk

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I read somewhere that if you don't try to kill Batman as Azrael, he doesn't go to jail and you can never fill the max security cage up...except I never tried to kill him, Az shook Bats' hand and I still have 11/11

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It bumps up to twelve if you choose the violent option.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thank them for being gentle with my Aspergers.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Can confirm this. I went with the other and it stayed at 11/11.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I read somewhere that if you don't try to kill Batman as Azrael, he doesn't go to jail and you can never fill the max security cage up...except I never tried to kill him, Az shook Bats' hand and I still have 11/11

In New Game+ I will resolve to be nice to Azreal and Owens so they can get the help they need

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, I know it's probably to make the 100% factor a little less irritating, but I do love how the Riddler isn't counted as one of Gotham's Most Wanted and doesn't need to be caught for Knightfall to take effect. :allears:
He definitely is counted in my game. I'm at 13/14 Most Wanted, and the menu is saying I have to do Riddler's poo poo before I can trigger the ending. Someone mentioned there being a bug that allowed you to see the full ending without doing all the Most Wanted stuff, and I guess I've avoided that one.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Kin posted:

Ah, i should have realised that seemed a little "post endingy".

Welp, 100% done then, well almost. Just need to get one more challenge to unlock (destroy two drones with sequential perfect strikes) and then try getting all the stars in them. Is there a place i can go to try that unlock (like one of the other challenges) or am i stuck trying to do it in new game+?

You can definitely unlock challenges in other challenges. That specific one was the last one I needed, too, and that's how I got it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright so I'm at the 89% mark of the story mode and am 100% the next thing I do puts the game into climax. How much is it going to hurt me to lose head joker whenever I get done doing the major sidequest stuff, also when Deathstroke show up?

EDIT: Also, gently caress the Arkham Knight tank boss, that poo poo was actually terrible. The sniper fight not so much, but come on why wasn't this just a hand to hand boss.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I am reminded of the ol' "IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL THE JOKER DIES" Kotaku article that accidentally spoiled Arkham City's ending like months before the game's release while talking about a completely different spoiler.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Chief posted:

Alright so I'm at the 89% mark of the story mode and am 100% the next thing I do puts the game into climax. How much is it going to hurt me to lose head joker whenever I get done doing the major sidequest stuff, also when Deathstroke show up?

Slade shows up once you beat up the Knight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beef Chief posted:

EDIT: Also, gently caress the Arkham Knight tank boss, that poo poo was actually terrible. The sniper fight not so much, but come on why wasn't this just a hand to hand boss.

Deathstroke basically replaces the Arkham Knight in the post-game. Joker has some really funny dialogue for certain sidequests but it isn't the end of the world.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

are the riddler trophies part of the riddler quests' 100% or are they a separate counter?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't seen him yet, but I legit stopped right after I beat the Knight in terms of main story stuff. I've heard the Militia mooks mention him, but I was just curious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

are the riddler trophies part of the riddler quests' 100% or are they a separate counter?

They are part of the Riddler Quest 100%.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would love to hear Joker's comments on the Riddler, but I also don't wan to loving gather 300 Riddler trophies since I want to be done with this game at some point in my lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

They are part of the Riddler Quest 100%.

gently caress that can i rescue catwoman without all of them?

• Locked thread